Thread: Tennessee woman wakes up to find workers ripping off her roof

Tennessee woman wakes up to find workers ripping off her roof

A Tennessee woman woke up to discover a work crew removing her roof, even though it was the wrong house in the wrong city.
    The work crew had started ripping off the roof of Belinda Hungate's home in Spring Hill on February 20 when she was woken by the noise.
    She then confronted the crew, but she said that they didn't speak English.
    'It was really shocking and surprising that somebody was out there just tearing apart our house. I'm yelling stop, stop and nobody was listening to me,' Belinda Hungate, told News 2.
    Her husband, Philip Hungate, was at work at the time but rushed home after being called by his wife.
    Philip Hungate said when he arrived, he also confronted the crew, and discovered that they were meant to be working on a home 40 miles away in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

'They did not speak English. The sub-contractor is from Honduras. No business cards, no contractors license,' her husband Philip Hungate told DailyMail.com.
    'My wife called me at work in a panic saying there were guys on the roof and they were tearing things off.'
    Philip said when he arrived at their home about five per cent of the roof had been removed.

The company that mistakenly began work on the Hungate's roof ultimately decided to replace it, even though it isn't what the couple had asked for or even wanted.
    'We didn't want a roof, we didn't need one at this point and we certainly didn't get the opportunity to choose anything,' Hungate said.
    To check the quality of the crew's work, Philip said he called in a general contractor, who said it was just good enough. The job is estimated at about $10,000.
    But Philip said he doesn't have a lot of confidence the job will be completed any time soon.
    'I don't have a lot of faith in them, I don't know them. The snow has stopped the work they have placed some temporary shingles on some more vulnerable areas and we are just waiting for that to end so they can finish up and hopefully clean up our yard.'

More at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rong-home.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you get the wrong city ?
    Do something Danke

Is this an upgraded version of the unsolicited Mexican windshield wash?

A Kalifornia kourt might find the couple have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    How do you get the wrong city ?
    I guess they can't read English either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Murfreesboro is nothing like Spring Hill.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I have a good friend who has a roofing operation . The foreman for his crew is a Honduran guy , probably lived here 40 years , permanent resident . They have done a half dozen roofs for me . These guys are giving a lot of hard working people a bad name . I have a hard time believing someone gives you an address and you get the wrong city even if you do not speak English . Something seems awry here for certain.
    Do something Danke

These guys would be perfect SWAT candidates...

Did they harm the family dog?
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post

Maybe @TheTexan can tell us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I had a nickel for every blank stare and "no comprende" I got before I bolted site work I could take a week vacation.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe @TheTexan can tell us.
    They don't speak english

Send them back
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They don't speak english

Send them back
    And tell whichever Mexican country they come from to make them cops.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If I lived with you lot I would get a place with 10 foot ceilings and run cabinets all the way up because you're all so good at reaching.

Once again you deflect what is obviously a symptom of our hopelessly busted justice system on to some admittedly incompetent guys trying to make a buck.

If the justice system worked the first thought anyone in this situation would have had would be to call the police who would have brought criminal charges for this and the courts would have held these individuals responsible for paying for another company to replace the roof.

Everyone has such little faith in that system that it didn't occur to a single person involved nor to any reader before this post that it could have been used.

We've been rehashing this for years. Blatant unwillingness to explore the most obvious root causes for these problems can really only be explained as an obstinate unwillingness to overlook a person's background when analyzing a situation... There's a word for that. And it applies.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If the justice system worked the first thought anyone in this situation would have had would be to call the police
    +rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his