Thread: Canadian retailer sponsors pro suicide ad campaign

Canadian retailer sponsors pro suicide ad campaign

Shameless cross post because this deserved a thread of it's own just because...

H/T @acptulsa

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    https://twitter.com/DabbyDripDrop/st...97524006133760

It's hip, it's cool, it's eco-friendly.

Kill yourself...it's beautiful.

From the comments on the OP here.

Bumbawhats
    @bumbawhats1 Nov 27

This is the end game. They robbed us of the desire to continue the bloodline. Now they want to end it entirely.
    He is exactly right.

The Marxist mob has tried everything they can think of over the last 50 years to reduce or eliminate human reproduction, or at least white western European reproduction:

"Real women have careers!"

"Abortions on demand!"

"Weirdosexual genetic dead ends for all!"

"Legalize infanticide!"

Now they have come to the final fig leaf: "just $#@!ing kill yourself already!".

And it's almost always the women pushing this.

Is it just a statistical anomaly, or are you all really just hysterical lunatics, who can't control your $#@!ing emotions and hamster wheels of perpetual worry long enough to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the beauty of the moment?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-29-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I never heard of Simons before and looked them up. They're from Quebec. There might be all white people in the ad but none of them were speaking French. Just an observation.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

We'll probably start seeing political ads like this in the US very soon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    We'll probably start seeing political ads like this in the US very soon.
    Likely in liberal states following their "Liberal polices as it is happening in Canada"

Mostly likely there would be such similar ads in Western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Likely in liberal states following their "Liberal polices as it is happening in Canada"

Mostly likely there would be such similar ads in Western Europe.
    Red states with Democratic governors will also participate in airing those ads.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Red states with Democratic governors will also participate in airing those ads.
    Really Red States? arent they anti woke?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Just to be clear, we have two wholly different issues here.

The first is, just kill yourself. Badness, 100% agree.

The second, however, is justifiable: ending one's life as a matter of willed choice (v. coerced) under circumstances. I just buried my... Well, my mom's man. They weren't married so I hesitate to call him a "step-father". I'll just call him John. He worked at US Metals for long years as an equipment operator. All his friends and colleagues died long ago from heavy metal poisoning. John contracted cancer that metastasized. His last days were grim. Imagine pain so intense that while in a deep coma, you are hanging on to the bed rails, grimacing. This was not treat to witness, either. If I hated someone enough to want to squeeze the life from him with my bare hands, I would not wish such a thing as John's fate on them.

He asked to be killed, this coming from a 6' 2" Hungarian dirt farmer who loved life. Had I been able to do it without going to prison for the rest of my life, I'd like to think I'd have had the sand to go through with it. And know you that I'd considered it quite seriously, the thought appalling and repellant, but a worthy act that I'd shrunk from due to the legal threats to my being.

So for cases such as this, I am 100% in favor of assisted suicide. Nobody should have to go through what I watched John endure back in this October just past.

I would also note that if we are to be true to our words regarding freedom, then we must face the admittedly unpleasant truth that a man holds every right to choose to kill himself, without fear of interferences from others, certainly from the "government". Such circumstances get very complicated very quickly, but IMO we should take considerable care in how we express our views on such matters because the temptation to lapse into tyrannical positions gets very high, very quickly due to the strong emotions involved.

As for the ad itself, I'm not sure I see the problem there. I'm assuming the woman is gravely ill, perhaps suffering in some freakishness, and wishes to be freed from her agony, knowing her days are short in any event. Why would this be a problem? Is there not enough misery in the world, that we would force people to suffer wildly as had been the case with John? These things are not easy, nor ought they be, but that doesn't mean that they should be disallowed in blanket fashion.

My worthless opinion on the matter.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The Marxist mob has tried everything they can think of over the last 50 years to reduce or eliminate human reproduction, or at least white western European reproduction
    Given that the last thing a retailer would want is a mass reduction in customers, I think your reaction to the ad is a bit much.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Given that the last thing a retailer would want is a mass reduction in customers, I think your reaction to the ad is a bit much.
    You assume that a retailer doesn’t make money from death. So many do, even if not directly.

That's about the bland, "oh, what the hell are you all worked up about now, AF?", reaction I would expect from you.

You forgot that we are in the middle of a Marxist revolution.

Most corporations have now installed management that no longer cares about market share, what the customer wants, making profits or increasing shareholder value.

Given the choice between making money or displaying the proper political outlook, they will choose the latter.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Some people don't care if a market's big or small, as long as they have a monopoly on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Most corporations have now installed management that no longer cares about market share, what the customer wants, making profits or increasing shareholder value.

Given the choice between making money or displaying the proper political outlook, they will choose the latter.
    Yes. Corporations have enough market share and protection from competition that they do not have to worry about economic considerations at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This is the most chilling thing I believe I have ever seen...