Thread: The NoSpam Picture Thread.

The NoSpam Picture Thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.p...Picture-Thread

Submissions will be approved once per day, if qualifying, and rehosted if they're worth it.
    It will be the thread you can visit and get good pictures and memes, without pages of empty spam.
    Last edited by merkelstan; 11-16-2022 at 11:48 PM.
    >_<

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This has never really bothered me. The posts that disappear are annoying. The duplicates of previous memes is REALLY annoying!

But I don't want to shame users away from adding additional content to RPF. Personally, I try to be judicious when adding pics - posting ones I think other RPFers may like to see or share - but the pic threads are one of my daily rituals. I run through them while eating my morning eggs.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    +rep
    beat me to it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This has never really bothered me. The posts that disappear are annoying. The duplicates of previous memes is REALLY annoying!

But I don't want to shame users away from adding additional content to RPF. Personally, I try to be judicious when adding pics - posting ones I think other RPFers may like to see or share - but the pic threads are one of my daily rituals. I run through them while eating my morning eggs.
    I'm with the Capt. here.

Given our current numbers and activity levels we should not be discouraging anybody from posting whatever they feel like.

I'd welcome back Zippy and specsaregood who never should have gotten run off in the first place.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm with the Capt. here.

Given our current numbers and activity levels we should not be discouraging anybody from posting whatever they feel like.
    I agree.

But I'm not sure of the value of "activity" that routinely buries other posters' content (in a single day or over several) and which can be easily reproduced by an automated script. Namely, "activity" such as:
    • "forum sliding" newer threads by bumping exactly the same older threads every day in exactly the same way (by posting exactly one item to this thread, one item to that thread, one item the other thread, etc.), like clockwork, with most or all of the items being posted to a given thread having been taken (apparently more or less at random) from the same source or limited few sources
    • "thread sliding" other posts by flooding a single thread with dozens of items every day - items which are often just indiscriminately copy-pasted sequentially "one for one" from sources that are otherwise publicly available and easily accessible elsewhere (such as the social media feeds of popular meme makers)
    • doing both of the above without any apparent consideration of or thought for the quality, relevance, or temporality of the items posted
    • doing both of the above without any attention to the duplication of others' posts, or even of one's own previous posts

All of which evinces an obnoxious lack of care for or interest in one's own posts (let alone the posts of others).

However, there are ways of dealing with the problem that wouldn't involve anyone having to be "run off", or even being prevented from posting "whatever they feel like" - the creation of a single dedicated thread for all of such a poster's "script-'bot"-type posts, for example ...

I'd welcome back Zippy and specsaregood who never should have gotten run off in the first place.
    Whatever Zippy was, at least he didn't post like he was a mindless 'bot (though I'm sure some will say he was certainly "scripted" ).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

New Pics: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?1191-The-NoSpam-Picture-Thread&bt=1977

This is the 'bestest picture thread TODAY, RIGHT NOW.
    It's wrecked. By you know whom.

>_<

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What would solve it for me is for the forum software to be modified to not display any posts for an ignored user, so I don't get pages of blanks from Anti Globalist.
    The problem for the servers there, is that would destroy page caching and potentially cause high processing load, if it has to generate pages individually for users based on their /ignore settings.

From a programming standpoint definitely do-able though.
    Otherwise I'd say Anti Globalist has killed the Bestest Picture Thread. I'd say it was intentional. I'd block that behavior if I were moderating.
    >_<

Lol Anti Globalist is definitely the reason this thread exists

Plus @Swordsmyth with his "definitely not spam" links
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Lol Anti Globalist is definitely the reason this thread exists

Plus @Swordsmyth with his "definitely not spam" links
    I don't post spam.
    I do not do what OB described.
    I post news links from a variety of sources and I do not post as much as I used to for a variety of reasons.
    I certainly do not post much in the picture thread.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't post spam.
    I do not do what OB described.
    I post news links from a variety of sources and I do not post as much as I used to for a variety of reasons.
    I certainly do not post much in the picture thread.
    Lol - I'll take a memer over whatever the hell it is you do any day. AG just gives us stuff to look at; you seem to want to convince Paul people that Trump is super awesome.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Lol - I'll take a memer over whatever the hell it is you do any day. AG just gives us stuff to look at; you seem to want to convince Paul people that Trump is super awesome.
    Interesting.
    So you want to cancel people you disagree with.
    Thanks for admitting it.

I hardly even post about Trump, it's mostly just news.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Interesting.
    So you want to cancel people you disagree with.
    Thanks for admitting it.

I hardly even post about Trump, it's mostly just news.
    Post makes zero sense. Done.

Post makes zero sense. Done.
    I agree, your post made zero sense.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lol, notice you didn't mention Angela. I'm still curious about her thoughts on the covid vax. Was she pro-vax in the beginning, and now she is against it? Or is she still gung ho? I imagine we could have had some epic debate threads on covid and the vax if she was here.

I always tried to tell her that the anti-anti-vax campaign existed for a more diabolical reason, they want to force vaccines on us.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-24-2022 at 12:52 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, notice you didn't mention Angela. I'm still curious about her thoughts on the covid vax.
    1. It has been said here more than once that she's no fan of experimental mRNA therapy. I doubt you could have missed it; your memory seems to be strained again.

2. She is no longer banned, so I don't know why he would advocate to have her ban lifted.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Anti Globalist's new posts:

My New OC
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.p...Picture-Thread
    Last edited by merkelstan; 11-28-2022 at 12:37 PM.
    >_<

Engineering and styling options..

Last edited by pcosmar; 11-29-2022 at 04:08 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom