Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump endorses Mehmet Oz in PA senate race

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Right. We have infinite amount of examples to prove this.
    Don't underestimate Trump's ability to be on every side of nearly every issue.

An infinite number of examples? Not quite...

Yes, I will take someone less Ronian than Rand. I don't live in libertarian fantasy land where Ron Paul clones are electable at anything other than a local level.
    No, you live in a mainstream media-created fantasy world, where picking nominees based on Fox News' pronouncements of electability will somehow slow the spread of euthanasia by vaccine, molestation of children and impoverishment through inflation.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-13-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand was never getting elected. Sorry.
    And so you voted for the "build the wall" version of Dr. Oz. Okay. Then don't complain about Dr. Oz.

I'll happily take someone more Ronian than Rand. Let me know when you find one.
    Thomas Massie.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yes, I will take someone less Ronian than Rand. I don't live in libertarian fantasy land where Ron Paul clones are electable at anything other than a local level.
    And so you accept the Dr. Oz clone then complain about Dr. Oz.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And Trump tweeted that Georgia didn't lock down hard enough. Your selective outrage is disgusting.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...9-ce4c031b14b7
    ATLANTA — President Donald Trump, once again took Gov. Brian Kemp to task Friday morning over the decision to begin reopening the state's businesses.

"I (or @VP) never gave Governor Brian Kemp an OK on those few businesses outside of the Guidelines," Trump tweeted.

The president insisted that Kemp should "do what is right for the great people of Georgia," in the tweet.

Today is the first day, under Kemp's new guidelines, that salons, spas, gyms, barbershops, tattoo parlors and bowling alleys are able to operate.

During his daily White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing Thursday, Trump said he was not happy with Kemp and the decision to reopen spas, beauty salons, tattoo parlors and bowling alleys as early as Friday.

RELATED: Coronavirus in Georgia | More than 22,000 confirmed cases; nearly 900 deaths

On Wednesday, he said he "strongly" disagreed with Kemp's move.

“I didn’t like to see spas opening, frankly. I didn’t like to see a lot of things happening and I wasn’t happy with it, and I wasn’t happy with Brian Kemp,” Trump said on Thursday. “I could have done something about it if I wanted to. But I’m saying let the governors do it, but I wasn’t happy with Brian Kemp."

Trump went on to say that he wants the people to be safe.

"I want people to be safe and I want the people of Georgia to be safe. I don’t want this thing to flare up because you decided to do something that is not in the guidelines.”
    Oz has far more things wrong with him that show he will be far more establishment than Trump and Trump has repeatedly said mandates are wrong while in office while Oz has not.

I opposed Trump's statements but sticking your head in the sand about Oz (and defending Trump's endorsement of him while I oppose it) is dangerous.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 04-14-2022 at 02:44 AM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No, you live in a mainstream media-created fantasy world, where picking nominees based on Fox News' pronouncements of electability will somehow slow the spread of euthanasia by vaccine, molestation of children and impoverishment through inflation.
    Ah, yes. I Remember that Fox News couldn't stop talking about how Trump was and still is electable.

And just look at my post history. Clearly I just repeat corporate media talking points. You got me.

And so you voted for the "build the wall" version of Dr. Oz. Okay. Then don't complain about Dr. Oz.
    True. I mean, Dr. Oz spent decades talking about the military industrial complex, foreign policy and how evil the corporate press is. And Trump spent decades talking about trans kids and the need for gun control.

Thomas Massie.
    I don't live in Massie's district. Again, let me know when you find one that I can vote for.

And so you accept the Dr. Oz clone then complain about Dr. Oz.
    Libertarian fantasy world = "everyone is the same as Trump"

Maybe Donald Trump wasn’t crazy to endorse Dr. Oz
    By Andrea Widburg

When Trump endorsed TV personality Dr. Mehmet Oz as a Senate candidate in the Pennsylvania Republican primaries, conservatives were very unhappy. Because Oz, although running as a Republican, is anything but a doctrinaire conservative, Trump’s endorsement seemed like a great betrayal. However, Ned Ryun, the founder and CEO of American Majority and a solid conservative despite his background as a speechwriter for George W. Bush, argues that Trump had decent reasons for endorsing Oz. Ryun’s arguments are certainly worth considering.

Like Donald Trump himself before Trump decided to run as a Republican, Oz has hewed to the left on social issues for years. The Victory Girls’ blog has a good rundown of his anything-but-conservative stances:

He did a show recognizing so-called transgenderism as a real thing.
    He supported Shanghai-style lockdowns for COVID.
    He supports “red flag” laws that eat away at the Second Amendment.
    He’s pro-abortion.

Oz also has dual citizenship with Turkey, although he’s said he’ll relinquish that citizenship if he’s elected to the Senate.

Despite Oz’s holding all those decidedly non-conservative views, Trump endorsed Oz:

Conservatives, needless to say, were disappointed, something that the same Victory Girls’ post details.

Ryun, though, says that, as between Oz and Dave McCormick, who is the other Republican running in Pennsylvania’s Republican primary, Oz was actually the better choice: “There are no credible MAGA candidates in the Pennsylvania Senate race; this isn’t a potential Jim DeMint versus Oz situation, so Trump really has two choices: Oz or McCormick.”

Certainly, one of the factors driving Trump’s endorsement was the fact that Oz has been a faithful friend to Trump. In 2016, Oz had Trump on his show and touted Trump’s robust physical health and mental well-being. Since then, Oz has consistently refused to be baited into attacking Trump.

Meanwhile, McCormick, a former hedge fund manager at Bridgewater, “loved doing business with China.” Not only did he live there for more than 12 years, “Bridgewater has been managing Chinese state money since 1993, including Beijing’s sovereign wealth fund. In short, Bridgewater is in bed with the Chinese Communist Party.” As late as 2021, McCormick was helping augment China’s wealth.

It's not just China, though, says Ryun:

Beyond China, McCormick is your typical open borders, pro-amnesty, Chamber of Commerce type of Republican. He’s also the typical neocon who hasn’t seen a war he doesn’t like. Even worse, he’s bought into the lie of January 6. When asked about it by Bloomberg weeks after the incident, in the context of whether the GOP should jettison Trumpism, McCormick replied, “We shouldn’t embrace the divisiveness of the last four years” of which “Trump bears a great responsibility.” Evidently, McCormick missed the divisiveness caused by the Russian collusion hoax, Ukrainian quid pro quo, and a host of other nonstop attacks by administrative state actors and corporate propagandists.

Throw on top of the crap cake that is McCormick the icing of his new wife, globalist Dina Powell, and you’re telling me Trump isn’t going to endorse his opponent? Come on. Of course Trump is going to endorse Oz.

Ryun acknowledges that Oz will never be a Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley. Still, he’ll be a pretty good Republican and, if Trump gets back into the White House in 2024, he’ll support Trump all the way.

In other words, according to Ned Ryun, both Pennsylvania Republican senatorial candidates are far from perfect. Trump, intelligently, is refusing to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. He’s therefore chosen to endorse a loyal friend who leans left on social issues but is not in bed with China, and who doesn’t believe in amnesty or dragging America into foreign wars that don’t benefit her.

I’m not saying you must agree with Ryun’s take on the matter. However, it’s certainly worth considering if you were thinking about turning your back on Trump because he endorsed Mehmet Oz, M.D.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...rse_dr_oz.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Libertarian fantasy world = "everyone is the same as Trump"

Bvllshyt! Only TV reality stars who were originally democrats, turn republicans, run on the popular issue of the day (borders for Trump, mandates for Oz), and are really fake are "the same as Trump." Quit lying. I didn't say Rand was "just like Trump" or Thomas Massie was "just like Trump."

True. I mean, Dr. Oz spent decades talking about the military industrial complex, foreign policy and how evil the corporate press is. And Trump spent decades talking about trans kids and the need for gun control.
    Quit lying. Trump pushed for an assault weapons ban back in 2000.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-pr...l-in-the-past/

In his 2000 book "The America We Deserve," the president said he supports a ban on assault weapons.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun," Mr. Trump wrote at the time.

I don't live in Massie's district. Again, let me know when you find one that I can vote for.
    Do you live in America? I'm talking about 2024. You don't live in Trump's "district" either.

Oz has far more things wrong with him that show he will be far more establishment than Trump and Trump has repeatedly said mandates are wrong while in office while Oz has not.

I opposed Trump's statements but sticking your head in the sand about Oz (and defending Trump's endorsement of him while I oppose it) is dangerous.
    As usual, YOU ARE FULL OF SHYT! I have NOT "defendant Trump's endorsement of Oz." Quite the contrary. I'm saying this just show who Trump is. And again, you are lying and moving goalposts. Oz supports red flag laws. Trump supports red flag laws. Oz supports assault weapons bans (I guess). Trump supports assault weapons bans. (He did in 2000 and again in 2018.) Oz supports COVID lockdowns. Trump supports COVID lockdowns. So quit lying and saying I am 'defending Trump" when I'm doing no such thing.

The worthless GOP has worked itself into it's usual predicament of presenting nobody worth supporting.

The principled thing for Trump to have done would have been to withhold any endorsement.

McCormick or Oz...$#@! 'em both, we don't need another Mittens Romney in the senate.

Let Fetterman take the seat, and the people of PA deal with him and concentrate on electing better candidates elsewhere.

Like giving The Murk the boot in Alaska.

We already voted that POS out once before, time to do it again and make it stick.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bvllshyt! Only TV reality stars who were originally democrats, turn republicans, run on the popular issue of the day (borders for Trump, mandates for Oz), and are really fake are "the same as Trump." Quit lying. I didn't say Rand was "just like Trump" or Thomas Massie was "just like Trump."
    True. We should only trust Republicans, turned Libertarians, turned Republicans. Anyone who would ever have a D next to their at any point in their life ought to be disregarded.

Quit lying. Trump pushed for an assault weapons ban back in 2000.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-pr...l-in-the-past/

In his 2000 book "The America We Deserve," the president said he supports a ban on assault weapons.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun," Mr. Trump wrote at the time.
    You got me. 15 years before he ran for president, Trump favored an assault weapons ban. When the time came, he made that his major campaign promise. I mean, there is video all over from 2015-2022 of him pushing the issue.

Do you live in America? I'm talking about 2024. You don't live in Trump's "district" either.
    Sorry. I forgot that Massie is running for President.

Oz is already backpedaling away from anything related to the Orange Man.

H/T to @Anti Globalist

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    And he is polling 6 points behind the Democrat opponent in the race, a Bernie Sanders endorsed Marxist, who has just had a stroke.

Which only goes to show GOP hopes of "red wave" are way overblown, that even with massive name recognition, El Jefe Naranjo's endorsement and an utterly toxic environment for democrats, Oz can't even run neck and neck with Fetterman.

He should have a 20 point lead right now.

UniParty Swampdwellers doing the Marxists' bidding in the senate today, do not tend to rev up the GOP base either.

So either the people of PA prefer what we have now, or they realize that Oz is just another RINO swampdweller.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

H/T to @Anti Globalist

And he is polling 6 points behind the Democrat opponent in the race, a Bernie Sanders endorsed Marxist, who has just had a stroke.

Which only goes to show GOP hopes of "red wave" are way overblown, that even with massive name recognition, El Jefe Naranjo's endorsement and an utterly toxic environment for democrats, Oz can't even run neck and neck with Fetterman.

UniParty Swampdwellers doing the Marxists' bidding in the senate today, do not tend to rev up the GOP base either.

So either the people of PA prefer what we have now, or they realize that Oz is just another RINO swampdweller.
    This could be another case where when the GOP swamp dweller loses in the primary (McCormick), then just about everyone is happy to see a Democrat win, as opposed to allowing a non-establishment candidate win in the General. We have seen this scenario play out before.

Or, it could be an example of when the primary is so dirty, brutal and personal, the other party with no contest in the primary wins the general because the other party winner is so damaged during the primary.

P.s. Personally, I can care less the opinion of the Orange Man who pushed vaccines and massive spending bills.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

H/T to @Anti Globalist

Does PA have open primaries? That kinda fk'd us over here in Georgia. The GOP establishment was basically relying on rabid liberals to cross over and save them in the primaries. Should give you kind of an idea of what we're up against.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

H/T to @Anti Globalist

Barnette was the right choice and we need to shove it down Trump's throat when Fatterman wins.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Does PA have open primaries? That kinda fk'd us over here in Georgia. The GOP establishment was basically relying on rabid liberals to cross over and save them in the primaries. Should give you kind of an idea of what we're up against.
    Pennsylvania has closed primaries. Trump's endorsement is the only reason Oz didn't finish with like 5% of the vote.

Then again, which other candidate was any good? I held my nose and voted for Barnette, but she was a genuinely bad candidate as well.

Pennsylvania has closed primaries. Trump's endorsement is the only reason Oz didn't finish with like 5% of the vote.

Then again, which other candidate was any good? I held my nose and voted for Barnette, but she was a genuinely bad candidate as well.
    I was watching from GA as mere outsider looking in, but I dunno, she didn't seem that bad. I tend to give extra credibility to candidates who are relentlessly attacked by the media and she definitely took first place on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I was watching from GA as mere outsider looking in, but I dunno, she didn't seem that bad. I tend to give extra credibility to candidates who are relentlessly attacked by the media and she definitely took first place on that one.
    She was good enough for me to vote for her. I'll give her that. She was good enough on the issues, but just something about her rubbed me the wrong way. Plus, the military record issue was a little sus.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123