Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RON PAUL: TRUMP FLIP-FLOPS ON SYRIA WITHDRAWAL. AGAIN.

RON PAUL: TRUMP FLIP-FLOPS ON SYRIA WITHDRAWAL. AGAIN.

President Trump is reversing his foreign policy decisions so quickly these days that it almost seems like he overturns himself before making the decision in the first place. Last week he was very clear that the US was pulling its troops out of Syria. “Bringing soldiers home,” he said. “Let someone else fight over this long-bloodstained sand.”

But then he overturned himself later in the same speech. He said: “We’ve secured the oil and therefore a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil. And we’re going to be protecting it and we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.”

Where does President Trump think he gets the legal or moral authority to send US troops to illegally occupy foreign territory and determine what that foreign country can or cannot do with its resources? After eight years of Obama’s disastrous “Assad must go” policy, during which the US provided weapons and training to radicals and terrorists with a half million people killed as a result, President Trump had the opportunity to finally close that dark chapter of US foreign policy so the Syrian people could rebuild their country.

Instead he sat down on Thursday with Senator Lindsey Graham, who has been wrong in every foreign policy position he’s ever taken, and decided to follow Graham’s advice to take Syria’s oil. Even though Trump himself has said many times that ISIS is 100 percent defeated, he claims we must take Syria’s oil to keep it from ISIS.

The real reason the neocons want the US military to occupy Syria’s oil fields is they are still convinced they can overthrow Assad by carving out eastern Syria for the Kurds. They don’t want to keep the oil from ISIS, they want to keep it from the Syrian government. They don’t want the oil revenue to be used to help rebuild the country because they still want to make life more unbearable for the population through sanctions so they will overthrow Assad. They don’t care how many innocent civilians die.

So instead of bringing the troops home like he promised, President Trump has allowed himself to be convinced to actually expand the US presence in eastern Syria! Instead of ending a foolish mission, he’s giving them an even more foolish mission – and sending in more troops and weapons. Instead of removing the approximately 200 troops in that region as promised, Trump is going to add more troops to equal about a thousand. He’s also sending in tanks and other armored vehicles, according to the Pentagon.

If President Trump believes following neocon advice on Syria is going to produce results different than the past eight years of following neocon advice on Syria, he’s naïve or worse. This new mission is going to cost tens of millions of dollars per month and will only serve to inspire the next generation of radicals. Trump is right that the people of the region, including Russia, Iran, Syria, and Turkey have all the incentive to keep ISIS at bay. So why does he fold like a cheap suit every time the neocons strong-arm him into another dumb foreign policy position?

This article first appeared at RonPaulInstitute.org.
    https://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-tr...hdrawal-again/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The troops will leave, they will have to when the Kurds join Assad's military.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The troops will leave, they will have to when the Kurds join Assad's military.
    How certain are you? I'm losing faith. Once these deployments happen they rarely get reversed.

I think the idea is they are securing the oil for Assad, so that the terrorists don't come in and grab it. Once things have settled down they should be able to leave.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    How certain are you? I'm losing faith. Once these deployments happen they rarely get reversed.
    I'm very certain.
    The Kurds are negotiating with Assad right now and Assad already controls the border crossings we need to use to supply the troops.
    If Trump doesn't withdraw the troops he will have to go to war with Assad directly and he won't do that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

General Mark Milley, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, said on Monday that US forces would remain in Tanf along the Iraqi border, and more were being sent to the oil fields operated by the US energy corporation ConocoPhillips around Deir Ezzor in eastern Syria.

Video footage from the region showed US military convoys re-entering Syria, days after Donald Trump had ordered them out in advance of a Turkish invasion. The change of mind reportedly came after Pentagon officials persuaded the president that it was essential to protect east Syrian oil resources.

“Keep the oil, I’ve always said that. We’ve secured the oil,” Trump told a police chiefs’ conference on Monday. The president has said that his aim would be to secure a US share of Syrian oil revenues, which is potentially a war crime.

The defense secretary, Mark Esper, claimed that the objective of the deployment was to guard the oil fields to prevent the revenues benefiting Isis but also to keep them out of Syrian regime or Russian control, so that the benefits went to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

“We want to make sure that SDF does have access to those resources in order to guard the prisons, in order to arm their own troops in order to assist us with the defeat Isis mission,” Esper said.

Trump has defended his decision to abandon the SDF, saying it was not America’s job to police a longstanding conflict between Turks and Kurds, but Esper said that the US troops remaining in Syria those who remain would be “staying in close contact with the Syrian Democratic Forces, who have fought alongside us”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...il-fields-isis

We might hand them over to the Kurds but the Kurds will have to hand them over to Assad as part of any deal they cut.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron Paul: "We just marched in, so we can just march out."

Donald Trump: "I just marched them out, so I can just march them right back in. I giveth snd I taketh away." (And he does just that)

Trump Fans: "Yay! Troops coming home!" (Against all evidence to the contrary.)

Just another average day in Post Trump America.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This whole thread sounds really familiar.

No matter how many times they get smacked in the nose with the rolled up newspaper of reality, Trump supporters find some reason to keep the faith and come right back for more.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    No matter how many times they get smacked in the nose with the rolled up newspaper of reality, Trump supporters find some reason to keep the faith and come right back for more.
    I think it's you who have lacked the smack in the nose from reality.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think it's you who have lacked the smack in the nose from reality.

You're entitled to your opinion.
    Chris

You're entitled to your opinion.

Well I'd like to hear your opinion.

What would have happened if Trump decided to bring the troops home and put Hillary Clinton in jail on his first day of office?

Would everything be sparkles?

It's not my opinion that there is a secret cabal running our government. I would call them a cabal of Satanic pedophiles, but let's keep it simple. You think they would have just allowed that all to happen?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/27/trum...yrian-oil.html
    President Donald Trump on Sunday said he’s interested in making a deal with ExxonMobil or another energy company to tap Syrian oil reserves.

“What I intend to do, perhaps, is make a deal with an ExxonMobil or one of our great companies to go in there and do it properly...and spread out the wealth,” he said.

And, number three, it can help us, because we should be able to take some also.
    Seriously?
    There are people here who will defend outright Theft?

I think some need to rethink this.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"You put U S troops in
    You take U S troops out
    You put U S troops in
    And you sabre rattle all about...."
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Seriously?

It's not going to happen, it's completely impractical and I don't think Trump means it, he is just talking tough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You put U S troops in
    You take U S troops out
    You put U S troops in
    And you sabre rattle all about...."
    There are less troops in less of Syria now and the remaining troops will leave before long.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There are less troops in less of Syria now and the remaining troops will leave before long.

Yes. Yes! I see it now.

It's not Quantum Dark Energy Wormhole CHESS.

It's Quantum Dark Energy Wormhole Hokey Pokey!

Brilliant!
    Chris

Well I'd like to hear your opinion.

What would have happened if Trump decided to bring the troops home and put Hillary Clinton in jail on his first day of office?

Would everything be sparkles?

It's not my opinion that there is a secret cabal running our government. I would call them a cabal of Satanic pedophiles, but let's keep it simple. You think they would have just allowed that all to happen?
    If Trump tried doing all that in the span of a day he would be definitely be dead man.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Seriously?

Well, Assad does owe Trump hugely, if not for Trump the deep state would have taken Assad out already.

Trump helped defeat Assad's enemies (ISIS), which Obama and the deep state funded.

If anything, the deep state should have their wealth confiscated and put toward the US debt and let Syria have all of the oil.

Yes. Yes! I see it now.

It's not Quantum Dark Energy Wormhole CHESS.

It's Quantum Dark Energy Wormhole Hokey Pokey!

Brilliant!
    That's what it's all about.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Well, Assad does owe Trump hugely,
    Oh Phuck Off..

Good Pot doesn't make you that stupid. WTF?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It's not going to happen, it's completely impractical and I don't think Trump means it, he is just talking tough.
    You mean he is LYING.

What part is he not LYING about?

I can't tell.. his stupid clown mouth moves the same either way.

So far it has been LIES. or complete Bull$hit.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh Phuck Off..

Good Pot doesn't make you that stupid. WTF?
    Good pot makes you smart.

If it wasn't for Trump, Assad would be dead.

Take that to the motherfuckin bank.

Good pot makes you smart.

If it wasn't for Trump, Assad would be dead.

Maybe pot makes some people smart and others stupid.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't even have an account.

You used to make some sense occasionally..

Your delusions are quite apparent to any witnesses.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Infowars posting something critical of Trump? I'm shocked!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ron Paul...?

...doesn't ring a bell.

This is the new and improved liberty movement.

We believe in giant deficits and increased spending and harassing China and Iran.

...oh, and taking their oil (whoever's, doesn't matter).

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Ron Paul...?

...doesn't ring a bell.

This is the new and improved liberty movement.

We believe in giant deficits and increased spending and harassing China and Iran.

...oh, and taking their oil (whoever's, doesn't matter).

Yea I don't think you get to invoke Ron Paul anymore buddy, see sig.

You still have not answered to that yet despite multiple call outs, btw.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast