Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'We Want To Keep The Oil'

'We Want To Keep The Oil'

“Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand,
    workin’ in the dark against your fellow man.
    But as sure as God made black and white
    what’s down in the dark will be brought to the light.”
    ~ Johnny Cash/traditional, ‘God’s Gonna Cut You Down’

The Grayzone has an excellent new article out titled “US troops are staying in Syria to ‘keep the oil’ – and have already killed hundreds over it” detailing the many ways the Trump administration has openly admitted that it is keeping US troops in Syria to control the nation’s oil fields so that the Syrian government can’t use it to fund reconstruction efforts.

“We’ve secured the oil, and therefore a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil,” Trump said in a recent press conference. “And we’re going to be protecting it. And we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.”

“We want to keep the oil,” Trump said in a cabinet meeting a few days earlier. “Maybe we’ll have one of our big oil companies to go in and do it properly.”

“A purpose of those [US] forces, working with the SDF, is to deny access to those oil fields by ISIS and others who may benefit from revenues that could be earned,” said Defense Secretary Mark Esper. As Grayzone‘s Ben Norton accurately explains, “and others” necessarily means the Syrian government; preventing Assad from accessing Syrian oil is standing US military policy.

And that of course is the real reason US armed forces constantly remain in Syria despite all the empty babble about ending wars and bringing home the troops: it’s about control over a nation in a key geostrategic location which refuses to be absorbed into the blob of the US-centralized empire. Controlling its material wealth is an ideal way to do this.

Whenever I write about oil as a primary motive for US imperialism, I always get a bunch of right-wingers objecting that that makes no sense because the US has plenty of oil, and that it’s really about freedom and democracy or communism or Zionism or pedovore cults or Illuminati or whatever. What they miss, in their squirming attempts to avoid cognitive dissonance, is that it’s not about having and consuming oil, it’s about controlling oil. Control what governments can and cannot access crucial resources, and you can control which governments thrive and which ones don’t.

As Trump said, “We’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.” In no other international power dynamic would this be considered a rational thing for anyone to say. The idea of another nation invading Texas and seizing control of its oil fields and then Xi Jinping or whomever saying “We’re controlling their oil and we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future” is unthinkable, but a US president can just come right out and say this about a weaker nation and it won’t even be front-page news.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Donald Trump is the most honest US president of all time. By that I don’t mean that he’s an honest person; he of course lies constantly. I simply mean that while his predecessors have always made sure to dress their imperialist military campaigns up as benevolent humanitarian intercessions, Trump just stands there out in the open like “Yeah we grabbed their oil and it’s ours now, blow me.” There was once a time when claiming a war was really about oil got you branded a conspiracy theorist. Now the US president just outright says it.

continued.. http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...-keep-the-oil/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Trump just stands there out in the open like “Yeah we grabbed their oil and it’s ours now, blow me.”
    lol

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your Father and Mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don't use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.
    Last edited by SimmerDown; 11-03-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Sounds promissing. So our troops will be home for Christmas, right?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

so that the Syrian government can’t use it to fund reconstruction efforts.
    Where has Trump said that?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Sounds promissing. So our troops will be home for Christmas, right?
    It won't be long before they all leave now:

The SDF are ready to discuss the idea of joining the Syrian military once a political solution is reached in the war-torn country, a spokesman for the Kurdish-led group, Mustafa Bali, told Russian media. Bali claimed that “all parties must recognize that there is a political crisis that needs to be resolved by political means”. This kind of statements is quite different from the language of ultimatums, which the SDF used when US troops were present in northern Syria. This change indicates that a political solution is in fact can be reached.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...northern-syria

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Our postiton & actions in Syria have been pure evil. Hard to turn that around

Spray tan is petroleum based?

Well what the $#@! is he supposed to do??

He actually is giving the oil to Syria..

The American president just gifted 2.5 billion barrels of oil to long-time Syrian enemy Bashar Al-Assad and, by default, Iran and Russia.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...230000720.html

So he can't give it to Syria, or he is giving to to Assad - aka Iran and Russia.

He doesn't want to give it to ISIS. The deep state wants ISIS to have it. They love to enrich the military industrial complex.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

So he can't give it to Syria, or he is giving to to Assad - aka Iran and Russia.

He doesn't want to give it to ISIS. The deep state wants ISIS to have it. They love to enrich the military industrial complex.
    Over on an oil industry site I lurk at that exact problem was discussed.
    They suggested that he should either contaminate the wells with radioactive waste or bring in an oilfield service company to plug them and then leave.
    I don't think anyone here would like either of those options.
    He is very close to being impeached and the warmongers are threatening to jump on the impeachment bandwagon so he has to not give them any excuses or we will get Pence or Pelosi and multiple new wars.
    It isn't possible for us to stay very long and Assad will take control of the oil as soon as the Kurds finish cutting a political deal with him but Trump can say he made sure ISIS didn't take over the oilfields again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well we certainly don't want ISIS to get their hands on that oil.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Trump's giving Lindsay Graham a major shout-out right now for being so virtuously greedy for Syrian oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

One wonders..Are we thieves?

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    According to Trump, yes. But it's OK because we're taking the oil from people who stole it from the Kurds.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    "We" are not.

I'll have no part in their dealings!

Make no mistake, this government does not represent me and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    According to Trump, yes. But it's OK because we're taking the oil from people who stole it from the Kurds.
    It was actually stolen from the Syrian govt. Now being gifted to the Kurds, but don't tell it to SS. He would accuse you of spreading fake news

Who do you think trump should give the oil previously owned by syrian govt to ? I think he is being more honest than most deserve .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    It was actually stolen from the Syrian govt. Now being gifted to the Kurds, but don't tell it to SS. He would accuse you of spreading fake news
    Like any self-declared Robin Hood, the U.S. is taking a cut.

Trump's giving Lindsay Graham a major shout-out right now for being so virtuously greedy for Syrian oil.
    He also called Lindsey and extreme HAWK. That is his way of swiping him with a left-handed remark.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    He also called Lindsey and extreme HAWK. That is his way of swiping him with a left-handed remark.
    Uh huh. While his right hand makes Graham "...extremely happy this morning."

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Donald Trump is the most honest US president of all time. By that I don’t mean that he’s an honest person; he of course lies constantly. I simply mean that while his predecessors have always made sure to dress their imperialist military campaigns up as benevolent humanitarian intercessions, Trump just stands there out in the open like “Yeah we grabbed their oil and it’s ours now, blow me.” There was once a time when claiming a war was really about oil got you branded a conspiracy theorist. Now the US president just outright says it.

^^^ THIS ^^^^

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

He didn't start the war. President Trump said it is guarded for Syrian and the Kurds so that they can repay us back for the Trillions lost to our nation.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I'd bet Syria Gov eventually gets their oil back in some sort of deal making with Trump

Trump said as much in presser

Uh huh. While his right hand makes Graham "...extremely happy this morning."

He didn't start the war. President Trump said it is guarded for Syrian and the Kurds so that they can repay us back for the Trillions lost to our nation.
    So Iran shoots down a drone and we steal Syrian oil.

Reminds me of Iraq.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So Iran shoots down a drone and we steal Syrian oil.

Reminds me of Iraq.
    Again he didn't start this sand pit. Everytime he wants our troops out, it's HAWKS like Graham that show their true colors. Their plan have cost us in precious lives and money. Lindsey and the like don't care about any of that, they care about lining their pockets with defense contracts.

I'm confused, why do they owe us trillions?
    "The Patriarch"

This is the beginning of the establishment of a Kurdish State of Kurdistan. We are securing a means of economic production for them once they get organized enough.

Nation building from the ground up.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm confused, why do they owe us trillions?
    Are you thinking of that dozen nations as a dozen nations? Clearly "they" are all part of one big "sand pit".

Except Israel, of course.

Dubya found that attitude handy. A bunch of Saudis hijack some planes? Attack Iraq! Close enough for government work, right?

LOL. The "deep state" was fine with the Kurds having it. And I'm surprised that anybody is surprised by Trump saying "And we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future." From Trump's own mouth he said that the reason he (supposedly) turned against the Iraq war was when he found out we wouldn't be keeping the oil. So if Trump doesn't try to keep the oil that would be a flip flop.

That said, the leader of ISIS is dead. I support Trump's statement that he's bringing the troops home. That's better than the jackasses in the democratic party (with the exception of Tulsi Gabbard and now Elizabeth Warren) who demand that we stay in Syria indefinitely.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If you think the Kurds are going to get to keep it now that Trump is making them cut a deal with Assad you are spreading fake news.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast