Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are We Making A Dent?

Are We Making A Dent?

In the past year there have been several corporate events that have set off apparent firestorms, however brief, of anger and protest from the consuming public. The earliest I can recall was when Coca Cola issued an edict to their white employees to be "less white". I didn't drink much soda even then, but I've stopped drinking coke, as have several other people whom I know.

I just read that Bed Bath and Beyond will be closing its doors by June, apparently as a result of its hair-brained move to stop selling My Favorite Pillow as an expression of their bile and venom toward their CEO.

Then there is the Bud Light fiasco. What in hell were those imbeciles thinking? Wifey just told me that she'd heard that Bud Light will not be allowed into Oktoberfest in Germany this year. A-B lost at least $5B in market value in under a week due to sales of Bud Light, probably their top money maker, coming to a near halt. I've read that bars across the nation have stopped ordering B-L. People are pissed.

Now Fox decides to give itself a sharp stick in its won eyes by casting off Carlson and Bongino with a monstrous capitalization loss following a mere few hours after the Carlson announcement.

Are the dominoes falling? Probably not, but I will draw no conclusions as yet. One thing we can say is that it seems apparent that people are reaching some hard limit of tolerance for the baloney and bull$#@! of the left.
    Last edited by osan; 04-25-2023 at 01:59 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, virtue signalling boycotts are stupid and pointless.

If anything, it probably has more to do with liberals getting onto a company's board and ruining it in typical liberal fashion. Budweiser's marketing director is an idiot, DEI is idiotic, etc.

I miss the days when companies only cared about profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    If anything, it probably has more to do with liberals getting onto a company's board and ruining it in typical liberal fashion. Budweiser's marketing director is an idiot, DEI is idiotic, etc.

I miss the days when companies only cared about profits.
    Yeah, boardroom takeovers is a HUGE issue. Especially for publicly-traded companies, but it doesn't end there. Here's the way I see it...

Governments and central banks have stolen your wealth and given it to institutional investors. Those institutional investors, in turn, give a portion of it right back to the politicians. They also control where the bulk of their investment capital goes. They have systematically put people on boards of corporations that will do their bidding (for a big salary, of course). These people also suffer from noblesse oblige and truly believe that they are doing good things. Even if the institutional investors didn't actively put someone on a board, just the fact that they control the money means that other board members see the path that is in favor. And if they want access to the operating capital that their competitors enjoy, then they soon will fall in line.

The worst part of this is that, in a competitive market, this wouldn't continue. Because individual investors and investment groups would soon see the lagging profits and act accordingly. Unfortunately, the institutional investors are acting with their own money - they're acting with central bank money. Money stolen from you and I.

They've got a handy little system set up and it will NEVER stop unless we stop corporate bailouts and money-printing.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It wasn't a "virtue signaling boycott." It was a "if you piss on me I'm not drinking your beer" revolt.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Governments and central banks have stolen your wealth and given it to institutional investors. Those institutional investors, in turn, give a portion of it right back to the politicians. They also control where the bulk of their investment capital goes. They have systematically put people on boards of corporations that will do their bidding (for a big salary, of course). These people also suffer from noblesse oblige and truly believe that they are doing good things. Even if the institutional investors didn't actively put someone on a board, just the fact that they control the money means that other board members see the path that is in favor. And if they want access to the operating capital that their competitors enjoy, then they soon will fall in line.
    How does that mesh with the chart below (diagram is from Brookings, but it's a pretty standard chart). Don't the institutional investors you're talking about constitute the gray part of the chart. That part of the chart has been shrinking over time as the institutional investors from retirement funds have expanded (along with foreign investors).
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I don't think you understand what virtue signaling is.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    How does that mesh with the chart below (diagram is from Brookings, but it's a pretty standard chart). Don't the institutional investors you're talking about constitute the gray part of the chart. That part of the chart has been shrinking over time as the institutional investors from retirement funds have expanded (along with foreign investors).
    No. Well, not primarily. The same institutional investors that are foreign holdings and managed retirement funds are also receiving central banking dollars to invest. The institutional investors I'm talking about are reflected in each category of that chart. Who do you think is managing those IRA's? The foreign investment accounts? The benefit plans?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then there is the Bud Light fiasco. What in hell were those imbeciles thinking? Wifey just told me that she'd heard that Bud Light will not be allowed into Oktoberfest in Germany this year. A-B lost at least $5B in market value in under a week due to sales of Bud Light, probably their top money maker, coming to a near halt. I've read that bars across the nation have stopped ordering B-L. People are pissed.
    I'm not making too much out of the BUD decline ... (YET, that is)! I can't attribute the decline to loss of sales, because sales figures won't be available until July. From December through much of March, BUD had been in the high-59/low-60 range. Last October it had been down around 45. In late March it had a rapid increase, reaching a 52 week high of 66.73 on 31MAR; so it was ripe for some profit taking at that point. The boycott provided some impetus for profit taking, but it's been slowly recovering since then (going from 63.38 on 12APR to around 65.79 at the moment ... roughly 90 cents below its 52-week high). I made a couple grand on the stock's volatility without shorting it - but I ain't holding onto it.

I don't think the real impact of the boycott is going to be known until the sales figures come out in July. And before that, there's Memorial Day (the official start of back yard barbequing) and 4th of July (which will be a four-day weekend for many). If the boycott holds through those, then there'll be a noticeable hit on the stock.

BTW: Budweiser isn't being banned at Octoberfest in Germany. Larry Elder got that info off of a satirical website. But, as a matter of fact, Budweiser brands have never been served at the world's largest folk festival, Oktoberfest Munich (nor, I imagine, at any other place that really appreciates beer).
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Virtue signaling? How do you figure?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Wifey just told me that she'd heard that Bud Light will not be allowed into Oktoberfest in Germany this year. A-B lost at least $5B in market value in under a week due to sales of Bud Light, probably their top money maker, coming to a near halt.
    Like I mentioned above, the banning at Octoberfest came from a satirical website, so it's still on sale at Octoberfest. And this just in: it was also on sale at the RNC Spring Meeting:

Making a dent ? No , I dont think so .
    Do something Danke

I'll know we're making a dent when we start tar and feathering our political overlords.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'll know we're making a dent when we start tar and feathering our political overlords.
    Fair point.

In the past year there have been several corporate events that have set off apparent firestorms, however brief, of anger and protest from the consuming public. The earliest I can recall was when Coca Cola issued an edict to their white employees to be "less white". I didn't drink much soda even then, but I've stopped drinking coke, as have several other people whom I know.

I just read that Bed Bath and Beyond will be closing its doors by June, apparently as a result of its hair-brained move to stop selling My Favorite Pillow as an expression of their bile and venom toward their CEO.

Now Fox decides to give itself a sharp stick in its won eyes by casting off Carlson and Bongino with a monstrous capitalization loss following a mere few hours after the Carlson announcement.

Are the dominoes falling? Probably not, but I will draw no conclusions as yet. One thing we can say is that it seems apparent that people are reaching some hard limit of tolerance for the baloney and bull$#@! of the left.
    Yes. Yes we are. Support assault weapons bans are dropping.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lt+weapons+ban

Young people are starting to back away from the idea that LGBTQ should be able to totally transform society.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...oung-Americans

The data is showing that charities working independent of federal money are having measurable improvements over the fed back groups in fighting homelessness.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nia-than-Texas

The COVID narrative has completely collapsed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...story-of-COVID

So yes. We're making a dent. Have we punched through their armor yet? No. But we're making a dent.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Are We Making A Dent?

Most have forgotten that it is not left versus right, but liberty versus tyranny.

We have not made even the slightest dent, aside from illusions to appease the people.

TSA, NSA, DHS, ATF, and other Corporate-Controlled agencies still exist, and after the conspiracy theory was put to rest the International Monetary Fund and the Tri-lateral Commission are just part of everyday life, even among "Hey I'm a R you lousy lib!".

You still cannot take $10,000 oops $5,000 oops $2,000 of your own cash across the border without being pulled into an isolation room, only to miss the flight that you paid for 4th Amendment

Anything resembling a machine gun strictly violates the 2nd Amendment, but that is perfectly acceptable as long as you get to keep your little 9mm BB-gun while you beat your chest.

Civil Asset Forfeiture Theft by Badge is still a very real reality, even before convicted by a jury of your peers. It didn't happen to you personally yet, so

Globalists/Lobbyists still roam the White House halls, laws/regs/statutes paid for by the American tax payer, R, D and I (non-discriminatory). That's not important though, approved team R or D will fix it if you just vote again

Joe Biden 2021 – present $1.84 trillion 6.33% less than 1 term
    Donald Trump 2017 – 2021 $8.2 trillion 40.43% 1 term (let's vote Trump Again!!!)
    Barack Obama 2009 – 2017 $8.34 trillion 69.98% 2 terms

https://www.usatoday.com/money/bluep...-by-president/

Current National Debt $31+ Trillion and STILL as always climbing.

You are patriotic and perfectly free to choose between Trump and Biden (DeSantis as backup and/or preparing for the next round, don't go by his record though, it's the sentiment that counts), so long as Ron Paul, Ross Perot, Robert F Kennedy Jr, or anybody NOT approved is NOWHERE near that ballot. If you attempt to ground-swell for a candidate of your choosing, reference the 2012 RNC corruption, and the 2023 DNC announcement that debates will not be held It's ok, you weren't there, so things like that don't really happen. Keeping in mind that vote cheating only happens among "pre-approved" candidates.

For months, years, decades, TPTB know how to control you, in/out-fighting, and bones here/there to appease people enough to look forward to more as you continue to enslave yourselves.
    Last edited by PAF; 04-28-2023 at 10:54 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Most have forgotten that it is not left versus right, but liberty versus tyranny.

We have not made even the slightest dent, aside from illusions to appease the people.

TSA, NSA, DHS, ATF, and other Corporate-Controlled agencies still exist, and after the conspiracy theory was put to rest the International Monetary Fund and the Tri-lateral Commission are just part of everyday life, even among "Hey I'm a R you lousy lib!".

You still cannot take $10,000 oops $5,000 oops $2,000 of your own cash across the border without being pulled into an isolation room, only to miss the flight that you paid for 4th Amendment

Anything resembling a machine gun strictly violates the 2nd Amendment, but that is perfectly acceptable as long as you get to keep your little 9mm BB-gun while you beat your chest.

Civil Asset Forfeiture Theft by Badge is still a very real reality, even before convicted by a jury of your peers. It didn't happen to you personally yet, so

Globalists/Lobbyists still roam the White House halls, laws/regs/statutes paid for by the American tax payer, R, D and I (non-discriminatory). That's not important though, approved team R or D will fix it if you just vote again

Joe Biden 2021 – present $1.84 trillion 6.33% less than 1 term
    Donald Trump 2017 – 2021 $8.2 trillion 40.43% 1 term (let's vote Trump Again!!!)
    Barack Obama 2009 – 2017 $8.34 trillion 69.98% 2 terms

https://www.usatoday.com/money/bluep...-by-president/

Current National Debt $31+ Trillion and STILL as always climbing.

You are patriotic and perfectly free to choose between Trump and Biden (DeSantis as backup and/or preparing for the next round, don't go by his record though, it's the sentiment that counts), so long as Ron Paul, Ross Perot, Robert F Kennedy Jr, or anybody NOT approved is NOWHERE near that ballot. If you attempt to ground-swell for a candidate of your choosing, reference the 2012 RNC corruption, and the 2023 DNC announcement that debates will not be held It's ok, you weren't there, so things like that don't really happen. Keeping in mind that vote cheating only happens among "pre-approved" candidates.

For months, years, decades, TPTB know how to control you, in/out-fighting, and bones here/there to appease people enough to look forward to more as you continue to enslave yourselves.
    I think you're operating from a different definition of "dent." If I "dent" a military humvee barreling down at me, it's still barreling down at me. It might even still be picking up speed. I've still made a dent. The greatest undeniable evidence that we've made a dent is that despite all of the constant propaganda about mass shootings, the support for assault weapons bans among the American population has gone down. That's one helluva dent. That means that such a ban has absolutely no chance of passing at the federal level. It's even failed in the "blue" state of Colorado. Yes statewide bans have passed in some blue states and I suspect they'll pass in others. Blue states are getting bluer, red states are getting redder. At the same time more red states are passing "constitutional carry" laws. The laboratory of federalism is working. At the same time it's incumbent upon those of us rank and file people who support liberty to take real steps to work to reduce gun violence at the grassroots level in ways that don't impinge on 2A rights. The problem isn't gun violence. It's violence. I've got a few ideas I'm kicking around in my head that I'll post later. This is one example of real solutions. https://www.wbrc.com/2023/04/26/17-y...e-among-teens/

In our own skulls from beating our heads against the wall playing “politics”? Yes.

Otherwise? Not in the slightest.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    In our own skulls from beating our heads against the wall playing “politics”? Yes.

Otherwise? Not in the slightest.
    How about from your day to day interactions with other people? Forget politics. Do you think anything you do makes a difference?

Soros backed prosecutor Kim Gardner resigns!

Yes we are making a dent @PAF and @Anti Federalist and everyone! Call me Mr. Optimist but I'm going to enjoy every little bit of good news we get! I'm dubbing this the official RPF good news thread!

Also would like to add I'll know we're making a dent if a Nuremburg Trial 2.0 happens.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Soros backed prosecutor Kim Gardner resigns!

Yes we are making a dent @PAF and @Anti Federalist and everyone! Call me Mr. Optimist but I'm going to enjoy every little bit of good news we get! I'm dubbing this the official RPF good news thread!
    I agree, take a victory lap when a battle is won.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I agree, take a victory lap when a battle is won.
    And in today's good news, corporate donations are down for SF Pride. They're facing a $500,000 shortfall. They were hoping buzz around Twisted Sister performing "We're not going to take it" would make up for it, but at the last minute they cancelled Dee Snider over retweeting Paul Stanley of Kiss saying that kids should not be transitioned. Snider later walked back his tweet but the damage was already done. And people have the never to say there is no God!

We must be making a dent or we wouldn't have a Kennedy giving lip service to some of our issues.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We must be making a dent or we wouldn't have a Kennedy giving lip service to some of our issues.
    I believe him waaaay more than I do your NRA.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I believe him waaaay more than I do your NRA.
    I am not an NRA member nor do I support them.
    But truth never mattered to you.
    The NRA has sold us out many times, and they are still more on our side than he is.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The NRA has sold us out many times, and they are still more on our side than he is.
    I knew a girl who was as fond of pretty little lies as you are. She insisted on believing them, too.

Last I heard she had a dozen fatherless children. But I have to give her credit. She never tried to talk me into getting screwed with her. Unlike you.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

THREAD: How Twitter Challenged the Racial Industrial Complex
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Data Dam Break of May 2023: How Twitter Challenged the Racial Industrial Complex

[...]

In the past week, Elon Musk has shown more intellectual curiosity by simply asking questions and engaging with data via the Socratic Method than many corporate journalists display in their entire careers. Twitter is a Citizen Media driven platform and Elon Musk is leading Citizen Journalists by example.

Many of us went in anonymously armed with toothpicks against a much better-resourced authoritarian censorship regime and are collectively dealing death blows against the Establishment Ideology of the Racial Industrial Complex. Discussions once limited to the Intellectual Dark Web (IDW), are being mainstreamed. We are refocusing these conversations to be centered around facts, data, and logic in order to create a firm foundation rooted in reality.

The Overton Window of Discourse has expanded and the Data Dam has Burst.
    Not a dent

A break.

"It is possible that we may lose. It is impossible that we must lose. That is the white pill." -- Michael Malice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast