Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS**The Walking Dead discussion thread

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 05:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    are we really supposed to believe that Darryl didn't bang Beth when they were out alone after the prison got overrun? at this point I'm wondering if he is gay.
    Well what did Darryl do to get that motorcycle from the gay guy....

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Well what did Darryl do to get that motorcycle from the gay guy....
    I always pegged father Gabriel to be the gay one

are we really supposed to believe that Darryl didn't bang Beth when they were out alone after the prison got overrun? at this point I'm wondering if he is gay.

NEG! BAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 05:01 PM.

I always thought Darryl was gay, how else can you explain the hair, and the overcompensation in other areas.

He did try to make a pass at her when they were in the funeral parlor, she just said "no", then some zombies at the door, and later she got taken by the hospital people.

Well this season is upon us. I guess that is why I dreamed I was bbq'ing a whole hog when it suddenly re-animated. I was trying to find a hammer to shatter its brains and it kept running around. Because it was smoked so tender, parts of it were just sloughing off the bone. Guess I shouldn't have eaten that spicy chicken/tortilla soup for dinner.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of characters gonna get eaten tonight, many red shirts, but several main characters.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

One of my favorite episodes since the series started.

Was watching the Talking Dead afterwards a and they put up a tweet that said, as I remember, "Darryl just exploded my ovaries when he blew up Negans gang." Figured that had to be Suz.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Was watching the Talking Dead afterwards a and they put up a tweet that said, as I remember, "Darryl just exploded my ovaries when he blew up Negans gang." Figured that had to be Suz.
    My ovaries are intact but just barely and only because they're a little old and stale.

What an episode! My little back heart skipped a beat when the $#@! family all died in one scene. When that zombie bit into bad haircut kid...Yessssssssss! Team Zombie, FTW! Mr Animal got mad at me and commandeered the remote because I kept rewinding that scene and re-watching it. They teased me with Carl getting popped in the eye and another near Glen death. Dammit, I thought for sure he was a goner that time. And for the love of God, I hope they don't give Carl an eye patch to go with that dumb ass sheriff hat. O_o I was kind of disappointed to see the nasty teeth W guy(Did you check out that filthy grill when he was all up in poor Denise's face? I couldn't take my eyes off of it. O_o) die, I was starting to think his character would be an interesting one to add to the mix. And did you see the dude who played him on the Talking Dead? He was hawt!
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Maybe I'll give it another shot. I haven't had the stomach for the show since the whole Andrea story arc made me want to drill holes in my hard drive and set a thermite grenade atop my computer.

Damn if they let Carl die, all the characters I dislike would be gone.

I liked it, except for the part where Abraham and Sasha on the wall had fully autos with magic bullets that only kill zombies and not living people. I was expecting more of those stealth Alexandrians to come out of the woodwork again tonight, just so they can get eaten, but the ones we see tonight are probably the only ones left. Most of the scenes were straight from the original story, but what took place over 4-6 issues, they managed to fit into 1 episode and part of episode 8. The new stuff was good, too. I like that the W actually redeemed himself in the end, by accident. If he didn't turn around and go back to the infirmary, Denise wouldn't have been there to save Carl.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My ovaries are intact but just barely and only because they're a little old and stale.

What an episode! My little back heart skipped a beat when the $#@! family all died in one scene. When that zombie bit into bad haircut kid...Yessssssssss! Team Zombie, FTW! Mr Animal got mad at me and commandeered the remote because I kept rewinding that scene and re-watching it. They teased me with Carl getting popped in the eye and another near Glen death. Dammit, I thought for sure he was a goner that time. And for the love of God, I hope they don't give Carl an eye patch to go with that dumb ass sheriff hat. O_o I was kind of disappointed to see the nasty teeth W guy(Did you check out that filthy grill when he was all up in poor Denise's face? I couldn't take my eyes off of it. O_o) die, I was starting to think his character would be an interesting one to add to the mix. And did you see the dude who played him on the Talking Dead? He was hawt!
    The W guy also has a small part in a movie called The Walk, about the guy who snuck into the WTC and walked a wire across the towers. He plays a stoner guy with good teeth.

Most speculation is that Chandler Riggs grew his hair out so it would be long enough to cover his eye. He does wear the hat with bandages, and he has an eye patch (and no hat) for a brief time, but eventually he doesn't wear either, because a dude in the ZA with 1 eye blown out of its socket is badass.

She's from Ohio. She wants Daryl to find some pop.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what do you think? I'm thinking that this wasn't even Negan's group. Probably just a group that he uses as a "cut-out."

So what do you think? I'm thinking that this wasn't even Negan's group. Probably just a group that he uses as a "cut-out."
    It's Negan's group, but this was 1 of many outposts. Each outpost is responsible for collecting resources from the surrounding camps, and kicking them back up to the main HQ where Negan stays. Pretty sure Jesus knows this, but not sure if he told Rick's group.

The Polaroids on the wall that Glenn saw are major foreshadowing for who they just got themselves involved with.
    Last edited by CPUd; 03-07-2016 at 04:14 AM.

That episode was very suspenseful, the first scene and the last scene are like day and night. Hopefully the next 4 will stay at that level.

A couple quoted about the finale:

Andrew Lincoln
    I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script. It was the first day in the whole six years of working on The Walking Dead that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it.

Lauren Cohan
    The word ‘finale’ gives me a physical reaction because it’s the hardest day on set that I’ve ever had in my life. I never even imagined that as an actor you could have that experience. It’s one of the most raw experiences that I think any of us have ever had. Andy talks about being late to work; I didn’t want to go to work that day. It took a really, really long time for everybody to feel okay again after the finale, let’s put it that way.

So in the comics we all know that glenn is the one that gets the bat. But doubtful that will happen in the show. But someone HAS to get the bat. My theory?

Maggie will get it.

I think they want you to think Glenn gets the bat, because he noticed the pictures on the wall. But instead, I think his pregnant wife gets the bat. This would fit in with the actors saying the script for the finale is the most disturbing they have seen. What's more disturbing than a pregnant woman with unborn child, getting savagely killed with a baseball bat?

I think the crew just kicked the hornets nest...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I've got a cold, laid around all day drinking NyQuil, and finally got caught up on TWD. I dunno how I got 4 episodes behind. It's getting good. I'm starting to like Glenn but I think Maggie's a dumb ass. I also like Rick better now that he's with Michonne. She's cool as hell, probably my favorite character that I don't care to see naked. I would like to think I would be like Michonne but I'd probably be more like Carol. Did you see Daryl hug her when they found them with Negan's people? Mmmhmm.

I see from other posts that someone's going to die a grizzly death and Negan is a bigger operation than anyone suspects. Cool. I think this is my favorite season so far.

That was interesting to see Carol freaked out. She's not afraid to die, but afraid to kill. First I thought it was an act, but I think Morgan reminded her of that a while back, and it's starting to mess with her. Episode 13 showed a little bit more about how the Saviors operate. I wish they would have kept Alicia Witt on the show for more than 1 episode though. The zombies on sticks for defense is something they were taught; I'm guessing we will eventually see this at a much larger scale.

The thing Morgan was welding on a couple weeks ago I think is a going to be a cell, like the one he was in for a while.

NO SAFE HARBOR

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    So in the comics we all know that glenn is the one that gets the bat. But doubtful that will happen in the show. But someone HAS to get the bat. My theory?

Maggie will get it.

I think they want you to think Glenn gets the bat, because he noticed the pictures on the wall. But instead, I think his pregnant wife gets the bat. This would fit in with the actors saying the script for the finale is the most disturbing they have seen. What's more disturbing than a pregnant woman with unborn child, getting savagely killed with a baseball bat?
    I had that thought too, especially since they saved Judith from her comic book fate earlier in the series.

These complainers better be careful or Rick and his group will come after them, lol. We have our family reunion at a park in Senoia and that place has grown like crazy since TWD started filming there.

Residents of Georgia Town Where ‘The Walking Dead’ Is Filmed Aren’t All Happy

“The Walking Dead,” the TV series that shows people coping with life in a post-apocalyptic world inhabited by zombies, is a ratings hit, but in the small town where filming takes place, feelings are mixed.

With as many as 14 million Americans tuning in to the AMC show on Sunday nights, the show has become so popular that fans known as "Walker Stalkers” are now flocking to Senoia, Georgia, which has served as the setting for the show's Alexandria and Woodbury.

While many of the town’s residents are happy about the influx of tourists and the money they spend, others aren't so happy about the tourists, or the show's security.

“You walk along and people tell you not to stop and take pictures, but it's, like, this is my community,” Tracy Boyle told ABC News.

Another resident, Fred Morris, said Senoia was a quiet place to live before the construction of sets and a large wall surrounding an entire neighborhood.

Morris, who lives just outside the wall, says he can’t escape the sounds of explosions during filming in the middle of the night. He even says producers once called the police on him when he tried to trim his trees during a scene.

“They come out of there saying I need to stop because they're filming. I said, ‘Well, no, you just carry your happy butt right behind the wall, that's where you do your stuff. This is my home,’” Morris says, recalling his reply.

ABC News heard a different perspective from other residents, including Scott Tigchelaar, who says he’s been able to open new businesses and build new housing in the town because of its popularity.

View galleryResidents of Georgia Town Where ‘The Walking Dead’ …
    Residents of Georgia Town Where ‘The Walking Dead’ Is Filmed Aren’t All Happy (ABC News)
    “Even Andy Lincoln, who plays the star of the show ... I met him on my front porch steps one day and he said, ‘Thank you so much for letting us film here,’ and I’m like, ‘Thank you for filming here.’ But they're that polite,” Tigchelaar said.

Christine Fiorini, a 12-year-resident of Senoia, is among the many residents who think “The Walking Dead” has been “great” for the community.

“The people that come here -- it's so good for the local economy and people stay in the hotels, eat at the restaurants, shop at the stores,” she said “A lot of these downtown businesses are run by our neighbors ... it's, you know, become our livelihood and it’s thriving."

The show pays many of the town’s families $400 a month for their inconvenience and their silence; they don’t want any plot twists or storylines leaking.

Larry Owens, the town’s mayor, acknowledged that show’s presence “has not come without challenges,” adding, “but we’ve been able to ... make everything work, not only for the production folks but, most importantly, for the citizens of Senoia.”

https://gma.yahoo.com/residents-geor...c-news-tv.html

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I had that thought too, especially since they saved Judith from her comic book fate earlier in the series.
    This could work, though there was a clue in the previous episode that suggests Maggie may name the baby (I guess she could do this either way, dead or alive). Carol was pleading not to hurt Maggie, so later Maggie got her shirt slashed, and it was a relief when we see it didn't hurt her. The last few episodes there were a number of discussions about wanting to keep Maggie safe, not letting her go out on runs, etc.

Comic spoiler:

The clue from the TV show is that the woman with the tattoo tells Maggie it was her father's name. Maggie names her baby Hershel.

Killing the baby would be a major shocker. Aside from the obvious, Negan in the comic story decides specifically not to kill Maggie because he is concerned it would tarnish his image.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    A couple quoted about the finale:

Andrew Lincoln
    I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script. It was the first day in the whole six years of working on The Walking Dead that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it.
    Lauren Cohan
    The word ‘finale’ gives me a physical reaction because it’s the hardest day on set that I’ve ever had in my life. I never even imagined that as an actor you could have that experience. It’s one of the most raw experiences that I think any of us have ever had. Andy talks about being late to work; I didn’t want to go to work that day. It took a really, really long time for everybody to feel okay again after the finale, let’s put it that way.
    Lucille is coming ...

I'm not gonna bet on who "gets the honor," though. I know who it was in the comics, but they change those things up and shuffle them around in the TV show. For example, in the comics it was Dale (not Bob) who got et by Gareth & Co., it was Carl who killed Ben (not Carol who killed Lizzie), and Andrea was still alive after the great Battle of Hilltop Colony. (That was where I stopped reading because I didn't want to get too far ahead of the show. Looks like it's about time to go back & start reading again ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I could watch an hour of Daryl sitting there listening to Eugene and Abraham argue and make up.

"You know how to bite a dick Eugene.
    I mean that with the upmost of respect" ~Abraham

I think I rewound that scene three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Lucille is coming ...

I'm not gonna bet on who "gets the honor," though. I know who it was in the comics, but they change those things up and shuffle them around in the TV show. For example, in the comics it was Dale (not Bob) who got et by Gareth & Co., it was Carl who killed Ben (not Carol who killed Lizzie), and Andrea was still alive after the great Battle of Hilltop Colony. (That was where I stopped reading because I didn't want to get too far ahead of the show. Looks like it's about time to go back & start reading again ...)
    Yep, they do it again tonight:

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast