Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tucker clashes with GOP Senator over police reform in contentious interview

Thumbs up Tucker clashes with GOP Senator over police reform in contentious interview

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bravo Tucker!!

I am sick of these weak ass republicans--neocons! Thank God Tucker is shining a light on them!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

This is one thing that i disagreed with Tucker on. A badge shouldn't be a get out of jail free card. Too often the organized crime is done by police and law enforcement isnt enough if they are all in on it. Organized crime is the biggest problem with law enforcement. We need to pay good cops more so they aren't bribable. We need a system to get rid of crooked cops and hold them extra accountable. Abuse of government power is worse than breaking the law. Its lawlessness

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is one thing that i disagreed with Tucker on. A badge shouldn't be a get out of jail free card. Too often the organized crime is done by police and law enforcement isnt enough if they are all in on it. Organized crime is the biggest problem with law enforcement. We need to pay good cops more so they aren't bribable. We need a system to get rid of crooked cops and hold them extra accountable. Abuse of government power is worse than breaking the law. Its lawlessness
    Braun's bill sides with the BLM. Say what you will about bad cops, but this is to weaken areas and allow terrorists like BLM run roughshod over areas.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Braun's bill sides with the BLM. Say what you will about bad cops, but this is to weaken areas and allow terrorists like BLM run roughshod over areas.
    BLM has been a bait car from the beginning. All of the people who are doing these crimes because they can get away with it are being recorded and will be judged accordingly. Organized crime is still organized crime even if you call it a protest. This happened during world war 2 but we were not living in a surveillance state. If we can get rid of crooked cop organized crime at the same time its a 2 for 1.

Social media addiction has guaranteed that they have everyones faces recorded from every direction for years. Narcissists taking 10000 pictures of their own face typically have psychopathic traits linked to commiting crimes if they can get away with it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bravo Tucker!!

I am sick of these weak ass republicans--neocons! Thank God Tucker is shining a light on them!
    WTF? Tucker is the one being a neocon here. Cops shouldn't have a license to abuse you without civil liability. There's nothing "libertarian" about qualified immunity.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    F.U.T.C.

https://reason.com/2020/06/26/tucker...nity-fox-news/

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    WTF? Tucker is the one being a neocon here. Cops shouldn't have a license to abuse you without civil liability. There's nothing "libertarian" about qualified immunity.
    Braun's Bill sides with BLM, read it. It would allow them and groups like them to sue the police with impunity. This goes from one extreme to the other. Braun is placating to the democrats, and their demands, sorry.

Copy of bill.
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/sites/d...6/SIL20757.pdf

https://www.braun.senate.gov/
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator Mike Braun
    Over the last week I have spoken with leadership from several Indiana law enforcement organizations about their concerns with qualified immunity reform. We did not agree on how to address this issue, but agreed to keep talking.

They were glad to hear that my plan was never to end qualified immunity and that I will never support that idea.

I committed to keep working with them to find a solution that protect police and strengthens the public trust in law enforcement. I hope we can strike the balance before the radical left gets their wish of full qualified immunity repeal and defunding the police.

No matter what I’m going to stand with law enforcement and work for Hoosiers to find solutions on the big ideas facing our republic.
    ‪I’ll be on Tucker Carlson Tonight to discuss why my bill to reform qualified immunity will help strengthen trust in our law enforcement, hold government officials who break the law accountable, and finally make mostly-Democrat city governments liable for their failures.‬ Tune in at 8:30 tonight.
    ‪I do not and would never support a full repeal of Qualified Immunity in any form. ‬

‪Read my open letter to our incredible Hoosier law enforcement officers explaining my bill to...
    Senator Mike Braun introduces Reforming Qualified Immunity Act
    ASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Mike Braun (R-IN) will introduce the Reforming Qualified Immunity Act.

The vast majority of our law enforcement officers conduct themselves beyond reproach as they execute their duties. Unfortunately, the current interpretation of qualified immunity allows law enforcement in many of the high-profile excessive force and abuse of power cases to avoid civil suits from citizens seeking redress for violation of their legal rights.

Due to the judicial branch’s overreach of power, government employees have access to an overly broad qualified immunity defense in which protection is extended to those acting under the color of the law, even when they commit egregious acts which deprive fellow citizens of their constitutional and statutory rights.

While qualified immunity originally was intended to defend government employees acting with good faith, the doctrine has expanded to protect those acting well-outside the law if the allegedly deprived right has not yet been “clearly established” in the relevant jurisdiction.

The modern doctrine of qualified immunity has been used to protect law enforcement officers who:

Assaulted and consequently broke the collarbone of an unarmed and nonviolent woman.
    Released a police dog on an unarmed person who had surrendered.

The Reforming Qualified Immunity Act re-instates the original qualified immunity standard. Government employees, including law enforcement officers, would be permitted to claim qualified immunity when sued under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 only when:

Conduct alleged to be unlawful had previously been authorized or required by federal or state statute or regulation.
    A court had found that alleged unlawful conduct was consistent with the Constitution and federal laws.

The bill would also permit a right of action against localities and municipalities under 42 U.S.C. § 1983, ensuring that towns and cities are held accountable for the actions of their employees.

This legislation would permit law enforcement officers who act in accordance with the law as ordained by courts and state or federal legislatures the defense they need to perform their jobs adequately and effectively, while removing misguided protection that has been extended to those who act under the color of the law to illegally deprive citizens of the rights, privileges, and immunities secured by the Constitution and our country’s laws.

Additionally, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and Justice Sonia Sotomayor have explicitly called for the Court to revisit and re-examine the modern doctrine of qualified immunity, the Supreme Court continues to deny review and two days ago Thomas said, “There is likely no basis for the objective inquiry into clearly established law that our modern cases prescribe. Leading treatises from the second half of the 19th century and case law until the 1980s contain no support for this ‘clearly established law’ test.” If the Court will not correct their wrong, it is up to Congress to re-affirm its intent in the application of 42 U.S.C. § 1983.

“Without any direction from Congress, our judicial branch has unilaterally created and defined qualified immunity. It’s time Congress does their job to establish a qualified immunity law that defends law enforcement, while protecting the rights of the people,” said U.S. Senator Mike Braun. “To claim qualified immunity under the Reforming Qualified Immunity Act, a government employee such as a police officer would have to prove that there was a statute or court case in the relevant jurisdiction showing his or her conduct was authorized: a meaningful change that will help law enforcement and the citizens they protect.”

SUPPORT:

Senator Mike Braun's Reforming Qualified Immunity Act has so far garnered support from the following groups:

FreedomWorks
    Americans for Prosperity
    Justice Action Network
    Right on Crime
    R Street

Braun's Bill sides with BLM, read it. It would allow them and groups like them to sue the police with impunity. This goes from one extreme to the other. Braun is placating to the democrats, and their demands, sorry.
    When a police officer kneels on someone's neck for over 8 minutes until he dies and that person is lying face down in handcuffs that officer should be sued. When an officer goes into a house with a no knock warrant and blindly fires 10 times killing an innocent EMT who's been working overtime taking care of COVID-19 patients he deserves to be sued as well as the person who agreed to the warrant in the first place when the people they were looking for were already in custody and that was the wrong house. One day your civil rights may be violated and you will unable to sue the person who violated them due to qualified immunity then you might wake up and smell the tyranny. BLM isn't wrong on this one.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-30-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Copy of bill.
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/sites/d...6/SIL20757.pdf

https://www.braun.senate.gov/

Senator Mike Braun introduces Reforming Qualified Immunity Act
    Thank you for posting this! Read the bill @donnay! Don't just automatically assume "Because BLM is for it, I must be against it."

Ending qualified immunity should be a short clean bill. The police have long been used against the people who speak the truth against those in power.

Sorry yes. A sorry excuse for someone claiming to be supporting liberty. When a police officer kneels on someone's neck for over 8 minutes until he dies and that person is lying face down in handcuffs that officer should be sued. When an officer goes into a house with a no knock warrant and blindly fires 10 times killing an innocent EMT who's been working overtime taking care of COVID-19 patients he deserves to be sued as well as the person who agreed to the warrant in the first place when the people they were looking for were already in custody and that was the wrong house. I hope one day your civil rights are violated and you are unable to sue the person who violated them due to qualified immunity so that you will wake up and smell the tyranny. BLM isn't wrong on this one.
    There definitely needs to be a reform, however siding with a group that their leaders are devout Marxist isn't really reform now is it?

The plan here is to defund and wash out the police, however, what they put in place later after the chaos and mayhem continues will be far worse than anything we have read about in history. Are you okay with that?

Rand has a bill in to stop no knock warrants--I don't see people like Braun backing it. This is how tyranny continues to creep in.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ending qualified immunity should be a short clean bill. The police have long been used against the people who speak the truth against those in power.
    Agreed. In the case of Georgia the cops has been fired, and indicted with charges that include the death penalty. We have gone from one extreme to another. That is not a solution. There needs to be a conversation about this, not placate and submit from one group to another.

There definitely needs to be a reform, however siding with a group that their leaders are devout Marxist isn't really reform now is it?

The plan here is to defund and wash out the police, however, what they put in place later after the chaos and mayhem continues will be far worse than anything we have read about in history. Are you okay with that?

Rand has a bill in to stop no knock warrants--I don't see people like Braun backing it. This is how tyranny continues to creep in.
    I have spent my entire adult life getting unfairly targeted by these people. If any of them were good they should be speaking out against their coworkers. Who polices the police?

Agreed. In the case of Georgia the cops has been fired, and indicted with charges that include the death penalty. We have gone from one extreme to another. That is not a solution. There needs to be a conversation about this, not placate and submit from one group to another.
    Yeah but most the time its your word against theirs and if you cant prove malfeasance without a reasonable doubt you are $#@!ed. The burden of proof is always on the citizen. Lots of police i am sure are good people but they arent the best people. The unions make sure good cops cant get paid more because they will always make more money with more bad cops than fewer quality cops.

Code Pink is Marxist and is against the Iraq war. Using your logic the Iraq war is a good thing and we should stay there indefinitely.

Rand Paul back in 2014 was talking about defunding the police. The police don't need armored personnell carriers to do their job. You aren't thinking clearly about this.

Braun should back it. Rand should back Braun's bill. (I bet he already is.) People who support liberty should back both bills. Tyranny has already jumped in. Tyranny = qualified immunity. Tyranny = the police stealing your rare coins and getting away with it because of qualified immunity. You aren't thinking this through.

Edit: And BLM also supports a ban on no knock raids. Using your twisted logic, that means Rand supports marxism and you should be against Rand.

https://atlantadailyworld.com/2020/0...in-louisville/

One extreme is giving a cop the death penalty on what was admittedly a close call. (Though the arrest itself was questionable). The other extreme is allowing cops qualified immunity FOR STEALING! We're not talking about Ron Paul "taxation is theft" stealing. We're talking about cops executing a warrant in your home (and the warrant might be invalid), seeing something they like and just straight up gangsta STEALING it! That...that's what you're defending.

Code Pink is Marxist and is against the Iraq war. Using your logic the Iraq war is a good thing and we should stay there indefinitely.

Rand Paul back in 2014 was talking about defunding the police. The police don't need armored personnell carriers to do their job. You aren't thinking clearly about this.

Braun should back it. Rand should back Braun's bill. (I bet he already is.) People who support liberty should back both bills. Tyranny has already jumped in. Tyranny = qualified immunity. Tyranny = the police stealing your rare coins and getting away with it because of qualified immunity. You aren't thinking this through.

Edit: And BLM also supports a ban on no knock raids. Using your twisted logic, that means Rand supports marxism and you should be against Rand.

https://atlantadailyworld.com/2020/0...in-louisville/
    Braun publicly backed the BLM!!! You don't support a group of Marxists, you denounce them!

Braun or Brains? Republican Senator Supports “Dead Cops!” BLM
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...32#post6961732

Braun publicly backed the BLM!!! You don't support a group of Marxists, you denounce them!

Braun or Brains? Republican Senator Supports “Dead Cops!” BLM
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...32#post6961732
    I support black lives matter as a whole not the media portrayed black lives matter you see on tv. Not the hijacked narrative that political operatives created. Just like i supported the tea party movement and not the political fake news narrative that it was all about white supremacy.

I have spent my entire adult life getting unfairly targeted by these people. If any of them were good they should be speaking out against their coworkers. Who polices the police?
    There should be an independent group that monitors, no doubt. I have been harassed before and wrongly accused. I have also had some good encounters as well. The unions and the war on drugs and RICO legislation are a lot of the problem. This issues need to be in the conversation.

There is no quick fix to these problems but we need to hold the lawmakers feet to the fire and make them see placating and submitting to a group like BLM or ANTIFA is not the way to do it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I support black lives matter as a whole not the media portrayed black lives matter you see on tv. Not the hijacked narrative that political operatives creatrd. Just like i supported the tea party movement and not the political fake news narrative that it was all about white supremacy.
    I support all lives matter.

Nobody seems to be for Black Lives Matter when it comes to the Black lives that are snuffed out in abortion clinics. The hypocrisy is so prevalent that is another reason we need these conversations.

There should be an independent group that monitors, no doubt. I have been harassed before and wrongly accused. I have also had some good encounters as well. The unions and the war on drugs and RICO legislation are a lot of the problem. This issues need to be in the conversation.

There is no quick fix to these problems but we need to hold the lawmakers feet to the fire and make them see placating and submitting to a group like BLM or ANTIFA is not the way to do it.
    There is a quick fix. You cant say it needs fixed if its not broken. We need to bypass the media narratives that black lives matter or the tea party movement is about racial supremacy. $#@!ing trolls hijacked the political process because trolls throw up their hands and say it has always been this way so it cant be fixed.

I support all lives matter.

Nobody seems to be for Black Lives Matter when it comes to the Black lives that are snuffed out in abortion clinics. The hypocrisy is so prevalent that is another reason we need these conversations.
    Black lives matter is all lives matter. You cant have some lives matter and some not. Stop believing the racial supremacists bull$#@!.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast