Thread: Rand Paul introduces a bill to end no knock raids!

Rand Paul introduces a bill to end no knock raids!

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have a problem with the democrat version of list of demands.

Democrats in the House and Senate meanwhile have proposed their own sweeping legislation that would include a chokehold ban, end no-knock warrants in drug cases at the federal level and limit “qualified immunity” in order to make it easier to sue police officers.
    The democarts want to protect meth, and other drug users meaning if they commit a crime like murder or rape at the time of the use of a drug they would be protected by the law.

Therefore you wont able to demand justice agaisnt those people when and if they commit if they were high on drugs in their system. With the democrat logic here on suing police officers that can also pose a problem this could also mean that anyone could easily sue police officers even for a actual murder of arrest.

Democarts really arent thinking straight.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post

The democarts want to protect meth, and other drug users meaning if they commit a crime like murder or rape at the time of the use of a drug they would be protected by the law.

Therefore you wont able to demand justice agaisnt those people when and if they commit if they were high on drugs in their system. With the democrat logic here on suing police officers that can also pose a problem this could also mean that anyone could easily sue police officers even for a actual murder of arrest.

They gotta leave their private property some time right? A bunker is just a coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post

Ummmm....WTF are you talking about? A ban on no knock raids doesn't mean an end to the drug war. It means that when police get ready to kick in someone's door they have to announce who they are first! INNOCENT PEOPLE KEEP GETTING KILLED IN THESE NO KNOCK RAIDS IDIOT! Sometimes the police show up at the wrong house. Sometimes its the right house but the person they are looking for isn't even there. At any rate you have a second amendment right to defend your home if you don't know who's kicking in the door. EVEN POLICE HAVE BEEN KILLED AS A RESULT OF A NO KNOCK RAID! Banning them doesn't "protect" meth users. Meth production turns a house into a toxic waist dump so there's no way to get rid of the evidence. Goodness, the intelligence level on this forum is dropping these days.

Edit:

She was an EMT and a law abiding citizen. When police did a no knock raid on the wrong house looking for two men that were already in jail, her boyfriend thought they were under a home invasion robbery, got his gun to defend the house, and the jackass cop blindly shot 10 times killing her. If you don't support ending no knock raids go to hell.

Last edited by jmdrake; 06-27-2020 at 05:19 PM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They gotta leave their private property some time right? A bunker is just a coffin.
    This. David Koresh could have easily been arrested when he was away from his compound.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummmm....WTF are you talking about? A ban on no knock raids doesn't mean an end to the drug war. It means that when police get ready to kick in someone's door they have to announce who they are first! INNOCENT PEOPLE KEEP GETTING KILLED IN THESE NO KNOCK RAIDS IDIOT! Sometimes the police show up at the wrong house. Sometimes its the right house but the person they are looking for isn't even there. At any rate you have a second amendment right to defend your home if you don't know who's kicking in the door. EVEN POLICE HAVE BEEN KILLED AS A RESULT OF A NO KNOCK RAID! Banning them doesn't "protect" meth users. Meth production turns a house into a toxic waist dump so there's no way to get rid of the evidence. Goodness, the intelligence level on this forum is dropping these days.

Edit:

She was an EMT and a law abiding citizen. When police did a no knock raid on the wrong house looking for two men that were already in jail, her boyfriend thought they were under a home invasion robbery, got his gun to defend the house, and the jackass cop blindly shot 10 times killing her. If you don't support ending no knock raids go to hell.

I would like it better if the police show up during the day and knock at the door and show identification. Anybody can yell, "Police, Search Warrant." That's not good enough, when kicking in somebody's door.

If the cops are so afraid of the person, they should watch his house and grab him when he goes out for groceries. They can then seach his house to their hearts content.

This. David Koresh could have easily been arrested when he was away from his compound.
    There are safer ways to do it that are already done in some situations where the location has hostiles. Most of the time people would even give themselves up. They escalate these situations on purpose probably because its less boring.

Edit:

If you don't support ending no knock raids go to hell.
    I never did say i wasn't in support on ending the no knock policy i am in favor of banning it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They escalate these situations on purpose probably because its less boring.
    How many of the problems that we have today are just symptoms of humans being bored of their cushy lives?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    How many of the problems that we have today are just symptoms of humans being bored of their cushy lives?
    Boredom and jealousy. I often wonder what the world would be like without haters. I wonder which one causes the most problems.

Hopefully the bill will get enough support to pass.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I would like it better if the police show up during the day and knock at the door and show identification. Anybody can yell, "Police, Search Warrant." That's not good enough, when kicking in somebody's door.
    K
    If the cops are so afraid of the person, they should watch his house and grab him when he goes out for groceries. They can then seach his house to their hearts content.
    Yeah, kinda seems like a wet bandage approach to the problem.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

David Koresh could have been arrested by simply walking up to the door of his "compound" and knocking - and then presenting an arrest warrant when the door was answered.

That is exactly how the Waco County sheriffs handled things when they had previously served warrants at Mount Carmel. IIRC, this happened at least three times or so. Once was a search warrant (for illegal guns, maybe?), once was a warrant for child welfare purposes, and once was even an arrest warrant for Koresh himself. I don't remember what the charge was, but apparently he was released after his alibi panned out (there was video of him in a Waco tavern or restaurant or something at the same time as the incident for which he had been arrested. (Again, this is all IIRC. I may have some of the particulars wrong - but not by much.)

But in every single case, Koresh and the Davidians peacefully complied with the warrants. The one and only reason for the catastrophic zero-dark-thirty "no knock" raid was that the Feds wanted to conduct a big, flashy and exciting publicity stunt (they actually had a small pool of reporters standing by a few miles away when they went in, for just that purpose). And we all know how that turned out - they ended up getting a hell of a lot more excitement than they bargained for. Dozens of people died, including 25 children and two pregnant women. All because some goddam $#@!s with badges decided the story would be too boring if they just knocked on the door at a decent hour ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-08-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·