Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Chappelle on Riots, must watch.

Dave Chappelle on Riots, must watch.

Pretty Succinct. Clear four box theory.

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like Chappelle. and he makes his point. Counterpoint. I could write his act and use a number of different races white, latino and black, and make the same case that the police are out of control on their methods. I cannot stand that this is getting lost in the box of racism over police tactics.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I like Chappelle. and he makes his point. Counterpoint. I could write his act and use a number of different races white, latino and black, and make the same case that the police are out of control on their methods. I cannot stand that this is getting lost in the box of racism over police tactics.
    I used to drive a big Cadillac. I also used to live in a not great area of Chicago. I've been pulled over countless times (at least 30) - most of the time for no reason at all. Pretty much every time the police would change their attitude immediately when they saw that I was white. I could see the disbelief in their eyes that a white person would drive a Cadillac in $#@!ty neighborhood. Many times they'd ask why I was driving around in that neighborhood & wouldn't believe me that I lived there until I showed them my license. Also, as a teenager I did a lot of dumb $#@! & was definitely treated more leniently because I was white. That being said, I do kind of agree with you that the police shouldn't be allowed to do the things they do to anybody, regardless of color.
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

There were a couple really good jokes in there, and Chappelle is my favorite comedian, right up there with Joe Rogan (co-favs).

He also had an interesting take on the guy in L.A. who was driving around hunting down and killing LAPD officers and their families.

What he doesn't understand, however, is that police brutality against black people is a huge problem in every way, except statistically.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Just lost any respect for Dave Chappelle

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just lost any respect for Dave Chappelle
    Meh , guys never bought me a beer anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by polomertz View Post
    I used to drive a big Cadillac. I also used to live in a not great area of Chicago. I've been pulled over countless times (at least 30) - most of the time for no reason at all. Pretty much every time the police would change their attitude immediately when they saw that I was white. I could see the disbelief in their eyes that a white person would drive a Cadillac in $#@!ty neighborhood. Many times they'd ask why I was driving around in that neighborhood & wouldn't believe me that I lived there until I showed them my license. Also, as a teenager I did a lot of dumb $#@! & was definitely treated more leniently because I was white. That being said, I do kind of agree with you that the police shouldn't be allowed to do the things they do to anybody, regardless of color.

I completely agree, I realize that there is profiling. I have this hunch (kinda educated) that the police have been dealing with poor black people in those communities for so long that they stereotype and profile and it appears racist. For example, I don't think there are a large segment of police that wish to go out and find a black man to harass in Chicago just because he is black. I do believe because that's the clientele that they have been so ingrained with something out of place that it appears racists just like your story.

My wife was pulled over for making a short cut through an area that traditionally is drug traffic central in my town when we were first married. Police thought it was odd for a blue eyed blonde to be going through that part of town. Was she profiled? Yep because there are very few white girls in the area unless they are buying something.

It's a problem that's got to get fixed. You should not be pulled over because somethings "out of place".
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Don't let it get lost. Its a great example of the problem of an over powered state. Why are libertarians so ready to agree that the state is bad but so hesitant that some groups can have an even worse experience under the boot of the state than the average?

The state is this big evil thing, but somehow the state is perfectly egalitarian in its evil?
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Don't let it get lost. Its a great example of the problem of an over powered state. Why are libertarians so ready to agree that the state is bad but so hesitant that some groups can have an even worse experience under the boot of the state than the average?

The state is this big evil thing, but somehow the state is perfectly egalitarian in its evil?
    Well the drug laws that have disproportionately affected blacks came from a bill written by Biden and signed by Clinton... the bill that fixed those laws was promoted and likely written at least in part by Rand Paul, and passed by Trump. Would have been nice to get some credit for that.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well the drug laws that have disproportionately affected blacks came from a bill written by Biden and signed by Clinton... the bill that fixed those laws was promoted and likely written at least in part by Rand Paul, and passed by Trump. Would have been nice to get some credit for that.
    Exactly. We have solution and analysis that are far better than the left is putting forward, but we can't simultaneously promote them and pretend race isn't a factor.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

How is that a counterpoint? The fact that whites and latinos are also getting killed in addition to blacks does not invalidate the fact that blacks are being killed.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How is that a counterpoint? The fact that whites and latinos are also getting killed in addition to blacks does not invalidate the fact that blacks are being killed.
    It invalidates a couple of things.. but most importantly that blacks are disproportionately harmed by white police officers.. black officers are just as likely, and statistically only slightly more likely to shoot a black offender on a per incident basis than white officers.

There are racist cops out there, and that has definitely played a role in some unfortunate situations between law enforcement and citizens. But the idea that there is some sort of statistical or systemic racism coming from white officers towards black citizens does not pan out.

Then there is the issue that a police officer is 18 times more likely to be shot by a black suspect than an unarmed black suspect has of being shot by a police officer.

I don't agree with a lot of the laws being enforced, and I wouldn't ever recommend that anybody becomes a cop.. but some of them are out there for the right reasons - protecting the rights and property of citizens - and they face a lot more danger than somebody just because they are of a certain skin tone.

I thought this guy was a comedian. This was just a bunch of rambling political thought. Definitely not a must watch. Don't waste your time.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

LOL at the woman with the upside down mask at the beginning. Somebody must have mentioned it because there is a shot of her with it right side up right before Dave takes the stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

You know, I just thought about something. And this is a question for @Anti Federalist. So Rush Limbaugh made the point, among other points, that if George Floyd had been white we wouldn't have heard about it. Well....why can't Rush Limbaugh highlight the white George Floyds, get other conservatives to highlight the white George Floyds, and instead of using it as an excuse not to do anything, say "And this is why real police reform needs to happen now!" Instead their message is "Well white people die too so what are you black people b1tching about?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

And per capita police brutality disproportionately affects blacks as well. And yes I've seen your side of the argument. It's bvllshyt. Michael Bloomberg used the same argument Stephan Mollenuex uses to justify higher per capita police brutality numbers to justify disproportionate application of drug laws. You can't have it both ways. You can't believe Ron Paul and Stephan Mollenuex at the same time.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty Succinct. Clear four box theory.

Great video! Everyone who doesn't like can go jump in a lake. Not everything is supposed to be funny. The death of George Floyd isn't funny. Interesting highlights.

1) People shouldn't be expecting celebrities to immediately jump up and speak about everything. (You'd think that would be a popular sentiment here).

2) The George Floyd video was painful to watch. (I personally have not watched it all the way through).

3) The number 8:46 sticks to Dave Chappelle personally because that was the time he was born.

4) George Floyd calling out for his mother when he died reminded David of his father calling out to his grandmother when he died.

5) Candace Owens is a skank for trying to tell white America the death of George Floyd was okay because he was a criminal. (Even Rush Limbaugh was clear that Floyd didn't deserve to be murdered like that. To hell with Candace Owens.)

6) Christ Dorner called David Chappelle a genius in his manifesto. (I never new David was even mentioned).

7) Before going on his killing spree, Chris Dorner had been fired and blackballed for trying to report on police brutality. There is a history of that happening in the U.S.

8) John Crawford a law abiding citizen, was killed trying to buy a BB gun but he died the same week as Michael Brown and Michael Brown became the story.

9) George Zimmerman is an awful human being who since killing Trayvon Martin has threatened Beyonce' and Jay-Z and has signed bags of Skittles.

10) Philando Castille murdered after telling police he had a concealed carry permit. A few days later the same thing happens in Louisiana.

11) The NRA supported gun control when it came to disarming the Black Panthers. (David Chapelle mistakenly called it an assault weapons ban. The Munford Act was a ban on open carry.)

12) David Chappelle's grandfather once led a delegation to the Whitehouse to talk to Woodrow Wilson about the lynching of a black man over a $30 grain elevator dispute.

At one point Dave says "This is not funny at all. I got some pussy jokes...." It wasn't support to be funny. And it wasn't for everyone. As Jesus said "Cast not your pearls before swine."

Last point by Dave. "We'll keep this space open. This is one of the last spaces for civil discourse." Civil discourse is what is needed at this point. Listen to the other side even if you don't agree.

Indeed. You have noticed, though, that the issue that has emerged doesn't address state power? Furthermore, that the "solutions" proffered, in fact, expand that very power?

Very good. I do note that the practice of asset forfeiture is challenged no where in the propaganda (I suppose because that very practice is going to be very important in the near future, you know, to address racism and all). Though I am all for the idea of giving Israeli aid to black communities going forward. Why not? Isaelis were never slaves, nor subject to Jim Crow. But, that isn't talked about, either, and I can't help but wonder why.

There's a police problem, that's like sayin' "duh." There is not a white supremacy problem disguised as a police problem. Can't address something that is misunderstood.
    Last edited by bv3; 06-27-2020 at 08:53 AM.

By suggesting that it is only a black problem you are saying it's racist and that's it. I don't believe it is. It doesn't invalidate it. But if you want consensus on something you usually have to show how it effects everyone. It's not a black problem. It's a police tactic problem.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    Indeed. You have noticed, though, that the issue that has emerged doesn't address state power? Furthermore, that the "solutions" proffered, in fact, expand that very power?
    Rand Paul's bill to end no knock raids expands state power?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...arrants-314303

How about getting rid of qualified immunity for police officers? How does that expand state power?

https://reason.com/2020/06/10/senate...fied-immunity/

What about ending police militarization? How does that expand state power?

By suggesting that it is only a black problem you are saying it's racist and that's it. I don't believe it is. It doesn't invalidate it. But if you want consensus on something you usually have to show how it effects everyone. It's not a black problem. It's a police tactic problem.
    A) David Chappelle didn't say or suggest it was only a black problem.

B) Why aren't white people talking about police brutality against white people? Seriously. Rather than going to a BLM protest and shouting "All lives matter" or "blue lives matter" (asinine response) show up with a picture of Kelly Thomas before and after he got beat with a caption that says "Police murdered him too. End police brutality now."

Here's the picture in case you don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Rand Paul's bill to end no knock raids expands state power?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...arrants-314303

How about getting rid of qualified immunity for police officers? How does that expand state power?

https://reason.com/2020/06/10/senate...fied-immunity/

What about ending police militarization? How does that expand state power?
    Oh, a bill submitted? I'm sure it will become law. . That's all just talk. Can't end it, because its going to be needed. Okay, so Rand Paul has a better understanding of the issue than most, yeah? What a surprise. Really great to see the support marshaling behind him to, particularly BLM.\

Why? Well, for one, most white people have been cowed, yeah? Its BLACK LIVES MATTER, how dare you try to colonize that movement . Do you get it? Its the dialectic we spoke of.

We could do White Lives Matter, but I don't think that will play. All Lives Matter is off the table. Hmmmmm. hmmmmmm. its almost like the people who engendered this thought ahead!

Colin Flaherty has been trying to do some interesting things, but I suspect his authenticity.
    Last edited by bv3; 06-27-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Oh, a bill submitted? I'm sure it will become law. . That's all just talk. Can't end it, because its going to be needed. Okay, so Rand Paul has a better understanding of the issue than most, yeah? What a surprise. Really great to see the support marshaling behind him to, particularly BLM.\

Why? Well, for one, most white people have been cowed, yeah? Its BLACK LIVES MATTER, how dare you try to colonize that movement . Do you get it? Its the dialectic we spoke of.

We could do White Lives Matter, but I don't think that will play. All Lives Matter is off the table. Hmmmmm. hmmmmmm. its almost like the people who engendered this thought ahead!
    I didn't just mention Rand Paul's bill. There are two other competing police reform bills right now. The GOP bill, which is weak sauce, only addresses choke holds but does not address qualified immunity. The Democrat bill addresses qualified immunity. Hell has frozen over because the Democrats at this one instance is taking a bigger step towards smaller government than the republicans. Anyway, you said the solutions proffered at this time expand state power. That's not true. Perhaps some of the solutions expand it but others restrict it. As a small government movement it behoves us to get behind the solutions that restrict state power.

I didn't just mention Rand Paul's bill. There are two other competing police reform bills right now. The GOP bill, which is weak sauce, only addresses choke holds but does not address qualified immunity. The Democrat bill addresses qualified immunity. Hell has frozen over because the Democrats at this one instance is taking a bigger step towards smaller government than the republicans. Anyway, you said the solutions proffered at this time expand state power. That's not true. Perhaps some of the solutions expand it but others restrict it. As a small government movement it behoves us to get behind the solutions that restrict state power.
    I suppose I was talking about the prevailing solutions that are most often heard in the sphere of public propaganda regurgitation, and I think you understood that, but went with pedantry. AF BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE POLICE FOR NEARLY A DECADE. Nothing being suggested now is novel. And as a guess? This will lead to federalized police. That will be the great "outcome."

long game is a con-con, merely to ratify.
    Last edited by bv3; 06-27-2020 at 09:48 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Chapelle
    5) Candace Owens is a skank for trying to tell white America the death of George Floyd was okay because he was a criminal. (Even Rush Limbaugh was clear that Floyd didn't deserve to be murdered like that. To hell with Candace Owens.)
    I watch Candice all the time and I have seen all of her videos since the Floyd case happened. She has never said that he deserved to die. She did go to detail about his criminal past and question why this man is being elevated almost to sainthood. It does seem like she did say that the pregnant woman that he stuck the gun to her pregnant belly may be glad he is dead. To me it seems like Dave needs to back up the truck cause right now he is stirring up the pot.

I believe Floyd was handled wrong and that he did not deserve to die. I saw a video of a white guy being handled in pretty much the same way and when the ambulance came to pick him up the cop sounded really scared and said I hope I didn't kil him but the guy died. What I don't like about all this is that black people are not the only ones who get killed while being arrested. A lot of people get killed in jail too. A friend of my brother's child was killed while in jail for pot waiting to go to court. My brother was locked up at the same time and was trying to look out for him because he was really young but, he was moved to another section My brother felt so bad for the kid and his friend. Hell it didn't even make the news because nobody but the family and friends cared. Men get raped and killed all the time in jail and prison and nobody gives a crap and it sure don't make the news. The last time my brother was in prison he said some one was killed about once a month. No news is good news right?
    I am not a big police fan. But once I am being detained I am smart enough to know that 3 armed men could take me out in a heart beat.I think anyone who would try to resist is pretty stupid especially if you are already in hand cuffs. I think I would only call the police if someone killed someone at my house. I have been robbed at gun point several times and didn't bother with the police because I just did not feel like going thru it to not even get my stuff back. It just so happens that I did not have my dog with me any of the times it happened. THe last time it happened my dog had just passed away the day before.

And per capita police brutality disproportionately affects blacks as well. And yes I've seen your side of the argument. It's bvllshyt. Michael Bloomberg used the same argument Stephan Mollenuex uses to justify higher per capita police brutality numbers to justify disproportionate application of drug laws. You can't have it both ways. You can't believe Ron Paul and Stephan Mollenuex at the same time.
    Huh? The disproportionate drug laws, Trump got rid of them. It was a problem, it was systemic racism, Biden created it, Trump got rid of it.

Now the argument is that black men who make up 7% of the population commit over 50% of the violent crimes and murders. So that is largely why police have more interactions with them.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-27-2020 at 01:35 PM.

This is fake news - if you are going to comment on Candace Owens video, you should watch it for yourself. Candace never said it was ok, she said it looked horrible, the officers should be dealt with in a court of law and whatever happens to them is ok with her.

Totally not surprised this bull$#@! is being spread around by people who won't even watch her video.

This is fake news - if you are going to comment on Candace Owens video, you should watch it for yourself. Candace never said it was ok, she said it looked horrible, the officers should be dealt with in a court of law and whatever happens to them is ok with her.

Totally not surprised this bull$#@! is being spread around by people who won't even watch her video.
    Bvllshyt! I watched the Candace Owens video when it first came out. That biatch was trying to minimize the death of George Floyd based on his criminal record. That had absolutely no relevance to the story. She can go to hell.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-27-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Huh? The disproportionate drug laws, Trump got rid of them. It was a problem, it was systemic racism, Biden created it, Trump got rid of it.

Now the argument is that black men who make up 7% of the population commit over 50% of the violent crimes and murders. So that is largely why police have more interactions with them.
    I know all of that. None of that has anything to do with my point. For one thing Trump got rid of the disproportionate sentencing for crack vs powdered cocaine. (Actually Obama did that. Trump just made it retroactive so that people already in prison were released. That's good and all, just not what you said). That doesn't change the fact which Ron Paul pointed out in 2008 that blacks and whites use marijuana at the same rate, but blacks are more likely to be arrested, when arrested more likely to be prosecuted, and when prosecuted more likely to be convicted and when convicted receive longer sentences. The federal marijuana prohibition still exists. But again that wasn't even my point. My point is that then Mayor Bloomberg, in justifying stop and frisk, also defended disproportionate arrests for blacks for marijuana on the argument on the need for more policing in the black community for other crimes.

See: https://www.marijuanamoment.net/bloo...ced-recording/

By the way, your boy Donald Trump called Michael Bloomberg racist for saying this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...orted-n1135116

I suppose I was talking about the prevailing solutions that are most often heard in the sphere of public propaganda regurgitation, and I think you understood that, but went with pedantry. AF BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE POLICE FOR NEARLY A DECADE. Nothing being suggested now is novel. And as a guess? This will lead to federalized police. That will be the great "outcome."

long game is a con-con, merely to ratify.
    I don't give a flip about the prevailing solutions that are most often heard in the sphere of public propaganda." I don't watch network news. I care about bills actually going through congress, state legislatures and city councils. Everything else is fluff and not worth time or consideration. If you now of any specific bills that you oppose please share them. I posted the specific bills that I support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast