Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Defense Secretary Mattis says U.S. Troops to say in Iraq "for years"

Defense Secretary Mattis says U.S. Troops to say in Iraq "for years"

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/03/24/m...raq-for-years/

Oh....but let me guess. This doesn't matter because Trump himself didn't say it. Am I right?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This article is starting to be proven true.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/20...9sL/story.html

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...03962633879552
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Sooo....you basically think Trump = Obama?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump is Obama on steroids
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Sooo....you basically think Trump = Obama?
    At the moment possibly. But Trump's psychological profile leads me to believe he can rebel if nudged or threatened. Trump despite his obvious flaws is someone who doesn't take orders well. This internal defiance is tied to his huge ego.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump is Obama on steroids
    Obama was brought into Washington D.C. on what amounted to be a red carpet. Trump's journey has been far more contested. It will be interesting to see how his presidency plays out.

What a novel idea , I wonder if he thought of that himself .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh....but let me guess. This doesn't matter because Trump himself didn't say it. Am I right?
    Right, Trump is a results driven guy. If he doesn't see a good return on the taxpayer's money, i.e. if things aren't improving then changes will have to be made, and if it becomes unfeasible then the project will end. It's not going to take that long for this process to happen with Trump.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We probably need to spend a bunch of money on missiles and other military $#@!. They are fighting for our freedom in that god forsaken country. Imagine if we failed in Iraq. The Iraqis might force us pay income taxes, buy health insurance, and give up our properties to eminent domain.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Right, Trump is a results driven guy. If he doesn't see a good return on the taxpayer's money, i.e. if things aren't improving then changes will have to be made, and if it becomes unfeasible then the project will end. It's not going to take that long for this process to happen with Trump.
    Are you really that retarded? He's going to do the same $#@! in Iraq that those before him did. The only hope we have, foreign policy wise, is that he'll not send our money to NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In that case, can Iraqis please help is with little debt ceiling problem in May 2017 with some of their oil?
    I doubt this would be sufficient plus we might hear something we would not like.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Are you really that retarded? He's going to do the same $#@! in Iraq that those before him did. The only hope we have, foreign policy wise, is that he'll not send our money to NATO.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Spending-Cuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

For Years? LOL well i guess till the whole region blows in US forces faces or the debt crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What a novel idea , I wonder if he thought of that himself .
    Hillary had the same idea to.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Seems to belabor the obvious, but at least its out there. Is the Boston Globe considered "mainstream" the way the Times is, or is it some fringe production?

But if it came to that, I would very quietly remove as many troops from foreign soil as possible without arousing too much notice and set them to work, Tet-style, from sea to shining sea. I would shut NSA down and put the engineers to work on every building with all assets in place. I would do the same with CIA. You literally would have to kill all the higher ranking employees and destroy all the infrastructure with explosives and fire in one fell swoop in order to be effective.

After that, all troops come home. All foreign bases closed and demolished prior to abandoning the sites - burned to the ground and into fly-ash. New policy: we mind our own business henceforth, but be ye sorely aware that any move by any foreign power will be met with strict non-equivocation. That would be aimed mainly at China and Russia. We can trade if it please you, but we will destroy you in toto if you make the least gesture to mess with us.

After the 12 month adjustment period in the wake of the elimination of all social progreams, during which I am sure thousands of Americans would have to be killed due to rioting, martial law is lifted and we go on as a freer land... or so the theory goes.

Sadly, this is not likely to happen, and if it did, would likely not go as planned. Power such as that seems to have too strong an effect on any latent corruption, bringing it to incipiency and, thereafter, rapid full-bloom. The minds of all but a small handful of men are so screwed up now that it is virtually impossible to bring substantive positive change to the world. The critical mass simply does not exist. This is why I believe the world as we know it must be take from our hands and destroyed in order for anything REAL to change.

The reason I see martial law as the least unlikely path to the goal is that the people of America are far too ignorant, corrupt, and divided to come to a more conventionally implemented accord. At least half of the population has no interest in anything approaching freedom. More likely closer to 98% or even more, IMO. We can't even agree that grown men should not be allowed into ladies rest rooms to waggle their penises in the air just because they wear dresses and call themselves "Janey". How would we ever agree to changes as sweeping as the elimination of NSA/CIA?

The majority of the human race is being gently destroyed by a cadre of men who seem to have a very definite goal in mind. The active homosexualization of the young should be evidence enough for anyone of this. *****s don't usually procreate. But I digress, as usual.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Right as in I knew that was the lame excuse you and other Trump fanbois would make.

Seems to belabor the obvious, but at least its out there. Is the Boston Globe considered "mainstream" the way the Times is, or is it some fringe production?

But if it came to that, I would very quietly remove as many troops from foreign soil as possible without arousing too much notice and set them to work, Tet-style, from sea to shining sea. I would shut NSA down and put the engineers to work on every building with all assets in place. I would do the same with CIA. You literally would have to kill all the higher ranking employees and destroy all the infrastructure with explosives and fire in one fell swoop in order to be effective.

After that, all troops come home. All foreign bases closed and demolished prior to abandoning the sites - burned to the ground and into fly-ash. New policy: we mind our own business henceforth, but be ye sorely aware that any move by any foreign power will be met with strict non-equivocation. That would be aimed mainly at China and Russia. We can trade if it please you, but we will destroy you in toto if you make the least gesture to mess with us.

After the 12 month adjustment period in the wake of the elimination of all social progreams, during which I am sure thousands of Americans would have to be killed due to rioting, martial law is lifted and we go on as a freer land... or so the theory goes.

Sadly, this is not likely to happen, and if it did, would likely not go as planned. Power such as that seems to have too strong an effect on any latent corruption, bringing it to incipiency and, thereafter, rapid full-bloom. The minds of all but a small handful of men are so screwed up now that it is virtually impossible to bring substantive positive change to the world. The critical mass simply does not exist. This is why I believe the world as we know it must be take from our hands and destroyed in order for anything REAL to change.

The reason I see martial law as the least unlikely path to the goal is that the people of America are far too ignorant, corrupt, and divided to come to a more conventionally implemented accord. At least half of the population has no interest in anything approaching freedom. More likely closer to 98% or even more, IMO. We can't even agree that grown men should not be allowed into ladies rest rooms to waggle their penises in the air just because they wear dresses and call themselves "Janey". How would we ever agree to changes as sweeping as the elimination of NSA/CIA?

The majority of the human race is being gently destroyed by a cadre of men who seem to have a very definite goal in mind. The active homosexualization of the young should be evidence enough for anyone of this. *****s don't usually procreate. But I digress, as usual.
    WTF? You are actually hoping Trump would impose martial law? You really have drunk the Trump kool aid. God help us all! This forum has gone bat guano crazy. A president Ron Paul never would have nominated a warmonger like Mattis in the first place. And if a Ron Paul nominee had said something this stupid Ron would have just asked for his resignation. Same with Jeff Sessions and his anti marijuana statements.

. *****s don't usually procreate. But I digress, as usual.
    I must once again register my irritation with this policy of **'ing out words. This is supposed to be a LIBERTY forum. It is supposed to be a place for rational adults to come together and discuss the various issues. I don't see how the policy of infantalizing words accords with adult discourse. Hell, even Q U E E R has become a normalized terms - the Q U E E R S use it all the time. I can see censoring the pejorative use of the term, but the blanket suppression makes no sense. I thought this is why we have moderators. And what about use of Q U E E R to describe things wholly unrelated to gay?

Honestly.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

WTF? You are actually hoping Trump would impose martial law? You really have drunk the Trump kool aid. God help us all! This forum has gone bat guano crazy. A president Ron Paul never would have nominated a warmonger like Mattis in the first place. And if a Ron Paul nominee had said something this stupid Ron would have just asked for his resignation. Same with Jeff Sessions and his anti marijuana statements.

You are on my ignore list, but something told me that you were going to respond in some unintelligent and dishonest manner. Sure enough.

I will say this once and only once, as it has not been my habit to make such statements: you are as a punk of the lowest rent, and dishonest in the deal; apparently lacking the basic language skills to properly parse my statements. Nowhere did I say or imply that I hoped he would do such a thing. You assassinate your own credibility.

Do the world a favor.

You are on my ignore list, but something told me that you were going to respond in some unintelligent and dishonest manner. Sure enough.

I will say this once and only once, as it has not been my habit to make such statements: you are as a punk of the lowest rent, and dishonest in the deal; apparently lacking the basic language skills to properly parse my statements. Nowhere did I say or imply that I hoped he would do such a thing. You assassinate your own credibility.

Do the world a favor.
    You are the one who said the only way Trump could do real change is through martial law. Either you don't actually want real change or you want martial law.

You are the one who said the only way Trump could do real change is through martial law. Either you don't actually want real change or you want martial law.
    Martial law is less police state then status quo right guys?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    LOL. Makes you wonder what "drain the swamp" really means.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right as in I knew that was the lame excuse you and other Trump fanbois would make.
    some fights deserve a response. Please note Ron Paul voted yes on the Afghanistan campaign against Al Qaida. These are small counterterrorism forces, Trump has said he's not getting involved in a full ground war in the Middle East ever again.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    some fights deserve a response. Please note Ron Paul voted yes on the Afghanistan campaign against Al Qaida. These are small counterterrorism forces, Trump has said he's not getting involved in a full ground war in the Middle East ever again.
    You realize that Iraq is not Afghanistan right? And you also realize that Ron Paul regretted making that vote right? Ron learned from his mistakes. Trump is making Obama's mistakes and then some. The Iraqi army, once it realized that letting ISIS win was not a way to oust Maliki, is now kicking ISIS' ass and was doing so before Trump became president. ISIS is not staging attacks against the U.S. from Iraq like Al CIAda staged 9/11 from Afghanistan. Those carrying out these relatively small, "ISIS inspired" attacks have, for the most part, never even been to Iraq. Seriously you are sounding like a full bore neocon. "We must fight them over there so that we don't have to fight them over hear." Ron Paul's philosophy that our intervention is causing the blowback has gone out the window with your support of Trump. And frankly who give a fvck about a promise not to "get involved in a full ground war" again? Obama can claim he didn't get us involved in a "full ground war" except the ongoing ground war in Afghanistan which Trump shows no sign of stoppage. When it comes to foreign policy, so far Trump = Obama and possibly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Don't worry, it's just a temporary loss of freedoms. The government will give them back when we deserve them.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

https://twitter.com/wjhenn/status/846378467897888768

Welcome to The Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I hope your characterization is correct. I do agree that some acts merit response, but that is only one side of the coin. The other relates to the precise nature of the response. I have no idea who was killed, or how many were. I can only hope that most, if not all, were bad guys.

Trump may be just another bad guy, but if he is not, he is staring down the maw of an endlessly dangerous beast which appears to want war and more of it. Pissing in that creature's cornflakes takes either a complete absence of brains or a pair bigger and of more brass than the average bear can claim. I hope Trump proves the latter, but in that case it will surprise me no whit to find his brains have been used to decorate some sidewalk, somewhere, before much longer.

Interesting times.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast