Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police seize rifle from St. Louis couple who defended their lives with it

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And ^this is the problem I have with the "black lives matter" movement. A general anti police brutality movement could have a broad groundswell of support. Even the Ahmed Arbery case was really about policing more than anything else. The local DA was using the McMichaels as an auxiliary arm of the police even though the daddy had been fired.
    I hear you loud and clear...I'm sick over how this has gone sideways, and the opportunity lost.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Destroying a gate is "nothing?" This is what a "passerby" does?

Is this a gate into their “gated” community or is this a gate onto their personal property?
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Is this a gate into their “gated” community or is this a gate onto their personal property?
    It looks like it opens pretty much into their back yard:

The gate on the right was the one that was torn open, the McCloskey home is immediately on the right.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-13-2020 at 04:46 PM.

88-Year-Old Woman Could Lose Her Gun for 2 Years After Shooting Alleged Shoplifter

An 88-year-old liquor store owner was charged with aggravated assault and had her gun confiscated by police after she shot an alleged shoplifter.

May Boyce has owned Murfreesboro Road Liquor and Wines in Nashville, Tennessee, since 1994. She opens and closes the store six days a week by herself, the New York Post reported.

She had been robbed in the past and said that she has often been scared when she is alone.

“I did what I had to do, and I hope word gets out on the street that I’m fed up and I’m not taking it anymore,” Boyce told the Post following the incident.

She told police that on the evening of June 16, two men came into her store and approached the counter in a way that she felt they might try to steal from her store.

Boyce said she knew “based on the victim’s demeanor that he was going to steal the liquor,” according to Nashville Tennessean.

She placed her .38 Smith & Wesson snub nose revolver on the counter and unwrapped it from its covering.

Metro Nashville PD
    @MNPDNashville
    May Boyce is free on $10,000 bond on a charge of aggravated assault for shooting a man Tuesday night who she thought was a thief in her Murfreesboro Pike liquor store. The victim is recovering.

https://www.westernjournal.com/88-ye...vative-tribune

If she were a Black Somalian like A$AP ROCKY, President Donnell would pardon her. But whitey ain't got nothing coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sad state of affairs.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Looks like the area. I don't know much about gates, but they look like some half-assed HOAs. The people living behinds gates in cities are fools. Get out of the cities!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Looks like the area. I don't know much about gates, but they look like some half-assed HOAs. The people living behinds gates in cities are fools. Get out of the cities!
    Let me submit that I would only recommend people to leave the big cities after a review of their voting record.

I would be happy to serve as the gatekeeper.

Good question. I think it's a gate to their personal property as it doesn't look like you could drive a car through it. Either way I think any reasonble person would be concerned of an angry crowd crashing through it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

If she were a Black Somalian like A$AP ROCKY, President Donnell would pardon her. But whitey ain't got nothing coming.
    Let's see. A$AP Rocky got into a fight with an Afghan immigrant in Sweden who kept following and harassing his entourage after A$AP and his bodyguard said "quit following us." It's unclear who through the first punch, put it appears to be the Afghan. A$AP and his bodyguard certainly went too far in retaliation, but they started from a legitimate position of self defense. This is the case of a U.S. citizen in a foreign country which means the U.S. embassy at the very least always gets involved though not always at the level of the president. May Boyce was not in a foreign country and shot someone for shoplifting. Apples and oranges. May Boyce claims one of the suspect lunged at her before running for the exit (I haven't seen any video camera footage but that's in her affadivit to the police), but based on her own testimony, and the forensic evidence, the shoplifter was shot from behind meaning she's going to have a hard time arguing self defense. I'm glad nobody died and based on that fact, the fact that the men were indeed shoplifting and the defendant's advanced age I hope she gets a suspended sentence. But this could have easily ended like the Natasha Harlins case in 1991 where Ms. Harlins was falsely accused of stealing orange juice (when she was killed she had the money in her hand to pay for it) and after a scuffle she was shot and killed by the shop keeper as she was trying to leave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killin...atasha_Harlins

The owner, Soon Ja Du, was convicted of manslaughter but given a suspended sentence. That was a large part of the reason Korean stores got targeted during the Rodney King riots. I know you're not a Trump fan, I'm not either, but there aren't a lot of parallels between the two cases.

Edit: And I don't see any parallel between May Boyce and the case in the OP except that she's white and had a gun and they person she shot was black and they are white and had guns and the people they were wanting to leave their property were black. They acted well within their second amendment rights. She did not. I can sympathize with he wanting to end shoplifting. It's not a good feeling being stolen from. But if we believe her claim that she was "shooting at the floor" then what? If her aim had been "better", the bullet could have richocheted and hit someone else.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 07-14-2020 at 06:18 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Speaking during an exclusive interview with Townhall Tuesday morning from the White House, President Trump defended St. Louis residents Mark and Patricia McCloskey after they fought for their lives and property against a trespassing mob.

"When you look at St. Louis, where two people, they came out. They were going to be beat up badly if they were lucky. If they were lucky. They were going be beat up badly and the house was going to be totally ransacked and probably burned down like they tried to burn down churches. And these people were standing there, never used it and they were legal, the weapons, and now I understand somebody local, they want to prosecute these people. It's a disgrace," Trump said.

More at: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...trump-n2572468
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The governor of Missouri says President Trump has promised to "do everything he could within his powers" to shield a St. Louis couple who wielded guns at protesters in their gated community from prosecution, even as an attorney for the client says charges are imminent.

Gov. Mike Parson said he spoke to Trump Tuesday and was reassured that the president-- who previously has retweeted a photo of the couple, Mark and Patricia McCloskey holding up guns in front of their house in the June 28 incident--"understands the situation in Missouri."

"He understands the situation in St. Louis and how out of control it is for a prosecutor to let violent criminals off and not do their job and try to attack law-abiding citizens," Parson said at a press conference.

"The conversation I had with the President, said that he would do everything he could within his powers to help with this situation," Parson added.

Parson shared an article about the McCloskeys on Facebook Tuesday with the caption "Missourians have the right to protect their homes."

In a separate post, Parson lambasted city prosecutors, saying it's "appalling" that they are "targeting the McCloskey's for defending their home."

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-st-...souri-governor
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The governor of Missouri says President Trump has promised to "do everything he could within his powers" to shield a St. Louis couple who wielded guns at protesters in their gated community from prosecution, even as an attorney for the client says charges are imminent.

Gov. Mike Parson said he spoke to Trump Tuesday and was reassured that the president-- who previously has retweeted a photo of the couple, Mark and Patricia McCloskey holding up guns in front of their house in the June 28 incident--"understands the situation in Missouri."

"He understands the situation in St. Louis and how out of control it is for a prosecutor to let violent criminals off and not do their job and try to attack law-abiding citizens," Parson said at a press conference.

"The conversation I had with the President, said that he would do everything he could within his powers to help with this situation," Parson added.

Parson shared an article about the McCloskeys on Facebook Tuesday with the caption "Missourians have the right to protect their homes."

In a separate post, Parson lambasted city prosecutors, saying it's "appalling" that they are "targeting the McCloskey's for defending their home."

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-st-...souri-governor
    About $#@!ing time some spineless local GOP found their balls.

Good, maybe these people won't end up being destroyed at the hands of a George Soros appointed Marxist DA.

And I'll give another gold star to Trump for rattling the guv's cage and forcing him to take action.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-15-2020 at 05:53 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a better picture: the large black iron gate is what replaced the gate that was torn down by the mob.

It looks like it does go right into their back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And ^this is the problem I have with the "black lives matter" movement. A general anti police brutality movement could have a broad groundswell of support. Even the Ahmed Arbery case was really about policing more than anything else. The local DA was using the McMichaels as an auxiliary arm of the police even though the daddy had been fired.
    And it was, that is what is so frustrating about this whole mess.

We were making progress, people across the political spectrum were becoming aware of militarized police abuse and its causes and starting to push back.

Police killings were declining, the pushback against pets killed by cops had positive impacts as those incidents have dropped significantly.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-15-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And it was, that is what is so frustrating about this whole mess.

We were making progress, people across the political spectrum were becoming aware of militarized police abuse and its causes and starting to push back.

Police killings were declining, the pushback against pets killed by cops had positive impacts as those incidents have dropped significantly.
    There was unanimous consensus that the cop who killed George Floyd was in the wrong, and likely guilty of murder.

There was not consensus that vandalism, arson, bloodshed and looting was an acceptable response.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Here's a better picture: the large black iron gate is what replaced the gate that was torn down by the mob.

It looks like it does go right into their back yard.

Yes this shows the replacement gate. The other photo you posted show how their home is directly on the right side of the gate that was vandalized. Can’t quite read the signs but in the bigger photo it looks like the signs says private.
    But hey, if you can destroy your own neighborhood and private property what’s a little gate that’s in your way...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

What's giving you a bad vibe on this?

You might be right...something seemed slightly off to me as well...but I can't put my finger on it.
    As I mentioned it just seemed too designed for me. As in planned/staged. The reporting that her pistol was not even functional just makes me SMDH.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123