Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash denounces armed protests in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    There is something that already exists to handle that. It is called the ballot box.

Using physical threats to intimidate is fine for monkeys, not for humans.

Individual citizens don't get to decide which laws are legitimate. We have a court system that settles the legality of laws. The average person is a low IQ dunce. Laws aren't subject to the arbitrary whims.
    Is this satire?
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Some of y'all should just admit that you're not libertarians, just run-of-the-mill Republicans. Libertarians are -not- a subset of the GOP, even though many held their noses and worked through the GOP as part of Dr. Paul's campaigns. We experienced how the GOP "welcomed" us by beating up elderly members, stealing vote ballots, shutting down state conventions when we were winning, driving around buses full of delegates for hours so they couldn't participate in the RNC, etc. Being so obsessed with bashing progressives, instead of trying to find common ground and offering positions that may appeal to them, just means you watch too much Fox News, read too much Breitbart and should just admit to being generic Republicans instead of libertarians.

Your point? No one said anything about who the nazi symbols were directed toward or used for, just that they were present and unnecessary.
    I'm not a Libertarian nor a Republican. There is no box that suits me. I'm just an individual with my own ideas and my own standards.

I most certainly can ally with someone on one or more issues we have in common when I might disagree with them on others.

You're pretty full of yourself making assumptions about what news I might watch, read or listen to and you're also wrong.

Gretchen Whitmer, the governor of the state that I live in, is a $#@!ing tyrant. She should not be worked with, she should be removed, in jail or worse.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The entirety of world history indicates that what you say is wrong.

Mob justice is not justice. It is jungle rule. Your worldview would reduce to human life to the level of wild animals. The people who survive and rise to the top would do so not through merit and voluntary trade, but only though brute force or with the help of a gang.
    What the hell do you think cops do?

-GLP poster

Using physical threats to intimidate is fine for monkeys, not for humans.
    That is the very definition of government: an organized system by which to impose the threat of or actual violence for the purpose of intimidation and compliance.

What do suppose dispatching a carrier battle group to the Persian Gulf or South China Sea is supposed to be?

At the end of the day, that's all government is, the means by which to inflict pain to force compliance.

When it runs amok and starts forcing compliance with idiotic edicts and fatwas and jailing housewives and salon owners and people walking in parks, instead of limiting its efforts to murderers or invading armies, the only way to back it down, the only thing it understands is pain compliance.

We will continue to be oppressed in this and much more, until the day comes we decide to hurt them more than they can hurt us.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    uhhh..... Justin does have credibility since he has been a Congressman for X years, McAfee does not have credibility.

Last time around the LP needed McAfee's name recognition, Austin's marketing skills, and Gary's credibility. If they were able to merge those 3 it would have been a great candidate.
    What? You're not on a first name basis with John McAffee? How did that happen? You're on a first name basis with everyone else in the District of Columbia and half the state and territorial capitals.

Well, shoot me a PM some time and I'll introduce you. We'll have you calling him Johnny Boy in no time.

Just out of curiosity, do you call Jeb Bush Jeb or Jeb! when you address him by his first name?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-11-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I'm not a Libertarian nor a Republican. There is no box that suits me. I'm just an individual with my own ideas and my own standards.

I most certainly can ally with someone on one or more issues we have in common when I might disagree with them on others.

You're pretty full of yourself making assumptions about what news I might watch, read or listen to and you're also wrong.

Gretchen Whitmer, the governor of the state that I live in, is a $#@!ing tyrant. She should not be worked with, she should be removed, in jail or worse.
    I believe you are a Paleocon just like me. Most Ron Paul supporters were Paleocons before the Leftarians took over.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRocksMyWorld View Post
    John McAfee should get the nomination over Amash. One is a real Libertarian and the other...well I'm not going to resort to name calling. If only we could convince Dr. Ron Paul to run again, can't really use the "he's too old" argument this time around.
    Yes, because the Libertarian brand will surely be moved forward, not backward, by nominating an accused murderer on the lam from justice who lives on a yacht so as to avoid arrest. Excellent idea, for sure.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-11-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I believe you are a Paleocon just like me. Most Ron Paul supporters were Paleocons before the Leftarians took over.
    Ron Paul built a pretty decent coalition. That's why he scared the crap out of the Powers that Be.

Since that time, his coalition allowed ourselves to be divided against each other through trolls using dehumanizing, collective labels like "leftarian". That's how we became toothless. We pulled our own teeth.

You may subscribe to Groucho Marx's theory that no club that would have you as a member is good enough for you. But wiser fools like having allies.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-11-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ron Paul built a pretty decent coalition. That's why he scared the crap out of the Powers that Be.

Since that time, his coalition allowed ourselves to be divided against each other through trolls using dehumanizing, collective labels like "leftarian". That's how we became toothless. We pulled our own teeth.

You may subscribe to Groucho Marx's theory that no club that would have you as a member is good enough for you. But wiser fools like having allies.
    Ron Paul was able to unite Libertarians,Paleocons & Anarcho Capitalists. We agree on fundamental things like ending the wars,balancing the budget & ending the income Tax. The only one who would unite us is Thomas Massie or Rand Paul!
    I use the label Leftarian because some Libertarians are working with the evil left to open our borders.
    Some Libertarians admitted that they don't care if we have a welfare state, We should still have open borders.
    Many people left the Liberty movement because of this issue. I want more people to believe in Freedom not less.

I use the label Leftarian because some Libertarians are working with the evil left to open our borders.
    Some Libertarians admitted that they don't care if we have a welfare state, We should still have open borders.
    Many people left the Liberty movement because of this issue. I want more people to believe in Freedom not less.
    A lot of liberals got on board with Ron Paul because they believe in civil liberties, peace, and draining the swamp. They aren't on board with Trump because they wisely didn't believe he cared about peace (maybe it was the "take their oil" comment?) and they never heard him speak in favor of civil liberties. Now, most of them are for open borders and I am not. But I can't help but wonder if they aren't more effective allies than people who call closed borders "freedom".

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of liberals got on board with Ron Paul because they believe in civil liberties, peace, and draining the swamp. They aren't on board with Trump because they wisely didn't believe he cared about peace (maybe it was the "take their oil" comment?) and they never heard him speak in favor of civil liberties. Now, most of them are for open borders and I am not. But I can't help but wonder if they aren't more effective allies than people who call closed borders "freedom".
    Maybe because the New York Democrat did not change his stripes when he BOUGHT the republican ticket..

and I have no faith in an Anon SPOOK who tries to convince otherwise.

I would love to see the Clown do something right. (even by accident)
    just ain't seein' it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Now many of them support Communist Bernie sanders.

Everyone is "for" civil liberties... it's just a matter of who they believe are entitled to those liberties.

The real argument on the topic is not left vs right or liberal vs conservative. It is collectivist vs. individualist. It is whether rights and liberties should only be 'given' only to favored group(s) by government or if, instead, rights and liberties exist regardless of group membership. Both beliefs exist on both sides of the aisle.

I will always choose an ally who believes in individualism, regardless of whether or not they are left or right, liberal or conservative, over another whose beliefs are rooted in collectivism.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

uhhh..... Justin does have credibility since he has been a Congressman for X years, McAfee does not have credibility.

Last time around the LP needed McAfee's name recognition, Austin's marketing skills, and Gary's credibility. If they were able to merge those 3 it would have been a great candidate.
    That guy's name is Rand Paul. Sadly, he's not running until 2024 (hopefully).

As far as being pigeonholed, that's probably most accurate. I don't think I ever disagreed with anything Justin Raimondo wrote.

Sure do miss him.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I think he's saying "Why give the media ammo to smear you?"
    This is like someone saying "$#@! you" and interpreting it as "good morning, I want to suck your dick."

If what you wrote is true, then Amash stands is dire need of remedial lessons in the English language.

It SEEMS to be that you're trying to gussy up a pig with the application of lipstick. Do as you please, but I require better communications, especially from anyone in "government". In this, Amash sucks ditchwater and comes off as a traitorous prick. This is on him and not those of us who exclaim "WTFF?"
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I was thinking "cuck". He's a poster boy for the definition. All he needs are the jammies and hot cocoa.
    Add "Karen" tattooed to his vagina and I'm on board.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    This is like someone saying "$#@! you" and interpreting it as "good morning, I want to suck your dick."

If what you wrote is true, then Amash stands is dire need of remedial lessons in the English language.

It SEEMS to be that you're trying to gussy up a pig with the application of lipstick. Do as you please, but I require better communications, especially from anyone in "government". In this, Amash sucks ditchwater and comes off as a traitorous prick. This is on him and not those of us who exclaim "WTFF?"
    You take that away from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash
    "Everybody has the right to protest and I think the governor overreached in a lot of ways. I denounce and condemn the nazi symbols that were used in some protests and I think it's a terrible idea to come in with weapons, as it might be perceived as intimidation of legislators. Everyone has the right to protest and we're a state that cares about our rights and our freedoms."
    That part about Michigan caring about their liberty has yet to be proven. The rest seems to me to be part fact, and part not unreasonable opinion.

Armed protests may be just the sort of preaching the choir wants to hear. But it's an awfully easy thing for the bad guys to spin out of proportion, too. That sword does indeed have two edges.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    You know, Amash may have a point. Average working people are hurting, they lost their jobs and are angry with the government. This could be an opportunity to turn them and wake them up to how bad things are getting loss of freedom and liberties.
    OK, you're going to need to explain this to me in detail because I don't see it at all.

One thing I learned from the Virginia rally a few months ago is that armed protesters don't get shot, tazed, sprayed, or shut down. The cops pretty much just let them be because they don't want to force an armed conflict (cops would probably lose).

And while I too prefer not having armed people at a protest, the reality is that in many cases it is now necessary to protect oneself from government abuse. Justin's messaging is wrong and once again throws his base under the bus.

At this point he may not even get the LP nomination.
    Is that where you learned to make deceitful threads or did you learn how to make them elsewhere?
    Instead of making tabloid posts with BS titles how about you start caring about the truth again and quit throwing Liberty politicians under the bus?

What next? Amash supervised a newsletter with racist articles?

If someone was completely clueless or had a twisted agenda I could see them thinking this.

Or maybe people need to stop with their fake outrage while twisting Amashs meaning to fit their silly agenda.

It seems to me because he wants less government spending and wants to bring the troops doesn't make him the traitorous prick here. It does make others who don't support him look like lost sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Maybe because the New York Democrat did not change his stripes when he BOUGHT the republican ticket..

and I have no faith in an Anon SPOOK who tries to convince otherwise.

I would love to see the Clown do something right. (even by accident)
    just ain't seein' it.
    Amash has one of the most conservative voting records in Congress. That you refuse to see that doesn't make him the Clown here.

edit - mistakenly thought you were referring to Amash as a democrat. My bad.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 05-13-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Wait, people here still care about this clown?

We learned Amash's true loyalties when he threw his support in the shredding of the Constitution, and more importantly our god given natural rights, in an effort to destroy a politician he simply didn't like.
    We learned and still learned Amashs loyalties are to less government and we know this by his great voting record.

He hasn't shredded the Constitution so you can stop with the silly drama queen comments. He isn't the clown here.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Amash has one of the most conservative voting records in Congress. That you refuse to see that doesn't make him the Clown here.
    He's talking about a certain New York Democrat in whom an anonymous Quinsider tries to create faith.

In other words, he's not talking about Amash. So, no, he's not the Clown to which Pete is referring.

OK, you're going to need to explain this to me in detail because I don't see it at all.
    First off don't scare them off by storming the statehouses with long guns. But I don't see the harm in defending a business that has decided to open.

Maybe the average working people will get sick of it all. Anecdotal for sure but in the past few days I have seen about 25% of people in the local stores that are posted mandatory masks, not wearing them.

He's talking about a certain New York Democrat in whom an anonymous Quinsider tries to create faith.

In other words, he's not talking about Amash. So, no, he's not the Clown to which Pete is referring.
    I mistakenly thought he was referring to Amash as a democrat. My bad.
    I have edited my post thx for clearing that up.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, yes, those anti-tyranny protests...

People who cheer for socialistic policies every election suddenly want to fight a bloody revolution because McDonald's is closed for a few months?

Farce

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

People who cheer for socialistic policies every election suddenly want to fight a bloody revolution because McDonald's is closed for a few months?

Farce
    McDonald's is probably one of the few thriving businesses in this shutdown.

No one has been shot, tazed, beat down, or pattywagoned. Hmmmmmmmmm...........

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Farce
    You are a farce.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast