Thread: Turkey Threatens "Imminent" Large Scale Invasion Of Idlib To Halt Syrian-Russian Advance

Turkey Threatens "Imminent" Large Scale Invasion Of Idlib To Halt Syrian-Russian Advance

New threats related to Idlib this week could see the Russian and Turkish armies on a direct collision course.

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday threatened a full-scale military invasion of the war torn province after the Syrian Army and its Russian ally refused to halt their ongoing offensive.
    "An operation in Idlib is imminent," Erdogan told Turkish parliament of preparations for NATO's second largest army. "We are counting down, we are making our final warnings".

"Turkey has completed preparations for the implementation of its plan on Idlib, just like we did with previous operations. Frankly speaking, an operation in Idlib is only a matter of time," Erdogan said.
    He further emphasized that Turkey "is determined to pay any price to ensure security in both Idlib and Turkey." The Syrian and Turkish armies have been engaged in sporadic fierce clashes for the past two weeks in Idlib, resulting in scores dead and wounded on each side, though specific numbers are disputed. Turkey has acknowledged at least 13 of its national troops killed.
    "We will not leave Idlib to the [Syrian] regime, which does not understand our country's determination, and to those encouraging it," said Erdogan. Turkey has thus far sent limited deployments of troops and armored convoys into the northwest Syrian province to support and defend a dozen observation posts.
    The Kremlin was quick to respond to such a threat of major escalation, pointing out that any Turkish offensive against Syrian forces in Idlib would be the "worst case scenario".
    “If it will be an operation against terrorist forces in Idlib, that would certainly be within the spirit” of Russia’s agreements with Turkey, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said before adding: “But if it is about an operation against legitimate Syrian armed forces, that would certainly be the worst case scenario.”

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ussian-advance
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We will not leave Idlib to the [Syrian] regime, which does not understand our country's determination, and to those encouraging it," said Erdogan. Turkey has thus far sent limited deployments of troops and armored convoys into the northwest Syrian province to support and defend a dozen observation posts.
    God forbid. Can’t leave Syria to the Syrian Regime, what do they think, that it’s their territory or something?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    God forbid. Can’t leave Syria to the Syrian Regime, what do they think, that it’s their territory or something?
    The leader of HTS Jihadist groups in Idlib is very happy for Erdogan's support.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    New threats related to Idlib this week could see the Russian and Turkish armies on a direct collision course.

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday threatened a full-scale military invasion of the war torn province after the Syrian Army and its Russian ally refused to halt their ongoing offensive.
    "An operation in Idlib is imminent," Erdogan told Turkish parliament of preparations for NATO's second largest army. "We are counting down, we are making our final warnings".

"Turkey has completed preparations for the implementation of its plan on Idlib, just like we did with previous operations. Frankly speaking, an operation in Idlib is only a matter of time," Erdogan said.
    He further emphasized that Turkey "is determined to pay any price to ensure security in both Idlib and Turkey." The Syrian and Turkish armies have been engaged in sporadic fierce clashes for the past two weeks in Idlib, resulting in scores dead and wounded on each side, though specific numbers are disputed. Turkey has acknowledged at least 13 of its national troops killed.
    The Kremlin was quick to respond to such a threat of major escalation, pointing out that any Turkish offensive against Syrian forces in Idlib would be the "worst case scenario".
    “If it will be an operation against terrorist forces in Idlib, that would certainly be within the spirit” of Russia’s agreements with Turkey, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said before adding: “But if it is about an operation against legitimate Syrian armed forces, that would certainly be the worst case scenario.”

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ussian-advance
    The U.S. special envoy for Syria engagement and the fight against ISIL, James Jeffrey, had talks in Ankara amid straining ties with Russia over the Idlib escalation.

Speaking to reporters at Ankara's Esenboğa International Airport, James Jeffrey said Turkey, as a NATO ally, encountered a great threat in Idlib, northwestern Syria, coming from the Assad regime and Russia.

“Today in Idlib, Turkey, our ally, faces a threat. This threat comes from the government of Russia and Assad. You have martyrs on the field,” Jeffrey told reporters when he arrived in Turkey late Feb. 11.

Jeffrey said he came to Ankara to re-evaluate the situation with the Turkish government, adding that the U.S. will give as much as possible support to Turkey.
    @dannno @donnay. Just to remind you guys that just like Obama, Trump is supporting the terrorists and their ally in Syria. I remembered when people thought that he would actually work with Russia to end the humanitarian crisis in Syrian but instead, he is working with the Islamist Turk to do the bidding of the neocon globalists.

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/us...n-idlib-151960

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    @dannno @donnay. Just to remind you guys that just like Obama, Trump is supporting the terrorists and their ally in Syria. I remembered when people thought that he would actually work with Russia to end the humanitarian crisis in Syrian but instead, he is working with the Islamist Turk to do the bidding of the neocon globalists.

Trump is getting us out of Syria.
    The deepstate is trying to keep us there.
    Trump is avoiding being attacked for "not supporting our NATO ally" but he isn't doing anything real to help Turkey.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

After the last three years of "Russia!, Russia!, Russia!", coming out of the mouths of the Democrats and their co-horts (MSM) you think Trump was going to work with Russian with regards to Syria?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    After the last three years of "Russia!, Russia!, Russia!", coming out of the mouths of the Democrats and their co-horts (MSM) you think Trump was going to work with Russian with regards to Syria?
    I never thought of it that way but now I can see how him instead working with Turkey to protect the NWO/Obama/zionist/Saudi supported terrorists in Syrian will convince the democrats that he is not a Russian puppet.

That would also explain why he just sanctioned Russian's main oil company for helping out Venezuela. All part of the actions to continue to prove to the democrats (who he really serves) after the investigation that exonerated him that he is not a Russian agent

I never thought of it that way but now I can see how him instead working with Turkey to protect the NWO/Obama/zionist/Saudi supported terrorists in Syrian will convince the democrats that he is not a Russian puppet.

That would also explain why he just sanctioned Russian's main oil company for helping out Venezuela. All part of the actions to continue to prove to the democrats (who he really serves) after the investigation that exonerated him that he is not a Russian agent
    He is damn if does and damn if he doesn't. Just remember it was Hillary who had the ties to Russia by backdoor selling Uranian to them. That was the whole bait and switch--make Trump the bad guy,
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is damn if does and damn if he doesn't. Just remember it was Hillary who had the ties to Russia by backdoor selling Uranium to them. That was the whole bait and switch--make Trump the bad guy,
    I completely agree that the dems will be on his arse regardless of what he does. This is why he should do the right thing instead of trying to appease the democrats who supposedly don't like him. But now that he is doing the bidding of the Clinton group and supporting the terrorists in Idlib, he the new bad guy

I completely agree that the dems will be on his arse regardless of what he does. This is why he should do the right thing instead of trying to appease the democrats who supposedly don't like him. But now that he is doing the bidding of the Clinton group and supporting the terrorists in Idlib, he the new bad guy
    He is not appeasing anyone here, he is just not complying with Russia because Putin knows all about their shady deals with Hillary. If they wanted to befriend us, they would spill the beans about that illegal deal and Trump knows it.

He is not appeasing anyone here, he is just not complying with Russia because Putin knows all about their shady deals with Hillary. If they wanted to befriend us, they would spill the beans about that illegal deal and Trump knows it.
    First of all, I am no anti Russian poster. I don't particularly love the country but I don't see that as some great evil that we need to fight as every chance we get. With that being said, they made a deal with the legitimate govt of the US with Clinton. If this was illegal or shady, it is on Trump with his DOJ to start an investigation of the deal and if the Russians do not cooperate then I will come out against them.

Trump is the one who during the campaign when everyone knew about the very open deal said he wanted to be friends with Russia and work with them. Yes, the Russian investigation might have affected him but it seems like it has affected him to the point where he is now going against the promises he made on the campaign to appease the democrats. This is what I have a problem with

The sanctions of Syria and Russia for helping the country out, the sanctions of Russia to prevent them from finishing the pipeline to Germany, the sanctions on them to help Venezuela evade the US sanctions. These are things we all were expecting to escape when Hillary lost

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The leader of HTS Jihadist groups in Idlib is very happy for Erdogan's support.
    Similar to how the Al-Qaeda Jihadists in Kosovo were happy for Clinton’s support?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Armed conflict between Turkey and the Damascus regime and their allies escalated dramatically on Thursday, with airstrikes and artillery leaving dead and injured on both sides of the ongoing battle over Syria’s northwest Idlib province.
    Turkey’s defence ministry claimed it had “neutralised” some 50 troops loyal to the regime of Bashar al-Assad after his air force struck Turkish troops, killing at least two.
    A statement from the Russian defence ministry said that only four Assad regime troops were wounded in Turkish artillery strikes, and claimed its Su-24 warplanes struck rebel groups allied with Ankara on the outskirts of Idlib, capital of the hotly contested province.
    The exchanges of fire on Thursday potentially portend even more heavy warfare following a 29 February deadline set by Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erodgan for Assad regime troops to withdraw from positions near a dozen observation posts established in Syria’s northwest Idlib province as part of a de-escalation agreement it hammered out with Moscow and Tehran.
    But the Assad regime, backed by Russia and Iran, has intensified military operations in Idlib, hoping to stamp out the last significant rebel stronghold in the country after a civil conflict that has lasted nearly nine years.

“Turkey has shown that Idlib is a red-line and it is ready to defend the last rebel stronghold with its military,” said Yusuf Erim, an analyst at Turkey’s state broadcaster. “While the presence of the Russian military especially its air force may complicate the situation on the ground, it is not a deterrence for Ankara. What we are seeing right now are the footsteps of a major operation.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/turkish-airst...172200570.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Armed conflict between Turkey and the Damascus regime and their allies escalated dramatically on Thursday, with airstrikes and artillery leaving dead and injured on both sides of the ongoing battle over Syria’s northwest Idlib province.
    Turkey’s defence ministry claimed it had “neutralised” some 50 troops loyal to the regime of Bashar al-Assad after his air force struck Turkish troops, killing at least two.
    A statement from the Russian defence ministry said that only four Assad regime troops were wounded in Turkish artillery strikes, and claimed its Su-24 warplanes struck rebel groups allied with Ankara on the outskirts of Idlib, capital of the hotly contested province.
    The exchanges of fire on Thursday potentially portend even more heavy warfare following a 29 February deadline set by Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erodgan for Assad regime troops to withdraw from positions near a dozen observation posts established in Syria’s northwest Idlib province as part of a de-escalation agreement it hammered out with Moscow and Tehran.
    But the Assad regime, backed by Russia and Iran, has intensified military operations in Idlib, hoping to stamp out the last significant rebel stronghold in the country after a civil conflict that has lasted nearly nine years.

“Turkey has shown that Idlib is a red-line and it is ready to defend the last rebel stronghold with its military,” said Yusuf Erim, an analyst at Turkey’s state broadcaster. “While the presence of the Russian military especially its air force may complicate the situation on the ground, it is not a deterrence for Ankara. What we are seeing right now are the footsteps of a major operation.”

Turkey wants to support its own jihadists is Trump going to be stupid and help Turkey and its Jihadist with the likes of HTS? or is Trump and MSM still going to lie and pretend that all those groups in Idlib province as moderate rebels?

Its amazing how the Syrian govt who cannot do anything but kill civilians in their attack just happened to kill two Turkish soldiers in a very short time.