Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the Right Fight Without Saying White?

We possibly could if we can make the left stop talking about race nonstop.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sorry, I'm not interested in listening to you.

The book is full of actual science and you are full of...................
    http://www.victorianweb.org/science/...ogy/intro.html

Phrenology was a faculty psychology, theory of brain and science of character reading, what the nineteenth-century phrenologists called "the only true science of mind." Phrenology was derived from the theories of the idiosyncratic Viennese physician Franz Joseph Gall (1758-1828). The basic tenets of Gall's system were:

1.The brain is the organ of the mind.

2. The mind is composed of multiple distinct, innate faculties.

3. Because they are distinct, each faculty must have a separate seat or "organ" in the brain.

4. The size of an organ, other things being equal, is a measure of its power.

5. The shape of the brain is determined by the development of the various organs.

6. As the skull takes its shape from the brain, the surface of the skull can be read as an accurate index of psychological aptitudes and tendencies.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The book is full of actual science and you are full of...................
    Is "actual science" anything like "settled science"? Because the climate change theory is "settled science", and I've seen you equate that to...
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is "actual science" anything like "settled science"? Because the climate change theory is "settled science", and I've seen you equate that to...
    Biology has actually moved away from r/K selection theory in the last 20 to 30 years. The theory was never meant to and was never used to explain cultural or social issues. It's been picked up by certain types of people to make a certain type of argument that it was never ever used for by any biologist ever.

I've also said this repeatedly when this stuff gets posted.
    Last edited by tfurrh; 10-19-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Biology has actually moved away from r/K selection theory in the last 20 to 30 years. The theory was never meant to and was never used to explain cultural or social issues. It's been picked up by certain types of people to make a certain type of argument that it was never ever used for by any biologist ever.

Yes, it's being promulgated as something it most certainly is not and was never intended to be by liars like Stefan Molyneux, and picked up by people who are probably well-meaning but unaware of that fact. Now they're aware.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Back when America was great it was very common for couples to be married very young and have lots of kids. Did that make our forefathers substandard....or did it make us great?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Back when America was great it was very common for couples to be married very young and have lots of kids. Did that make our forefathers substandard....or did it make us great?
    A strong family that raised many children would be a benefit.

They had many children because many died before adulthood.

But there is a difference between breeding like that and breeding in the manner of a rabbit or vole.

Also opens a whole new can of worms about how natural selection is supposed to work if the genetically unfit survive, due to extraordinary modern medical means, to reproduce.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Also opens a whole new can of worms about how natural selection is supposed to work if the genetically unfit survive, due to extraordinary modern medical means, to reproduce.
    Sorry AF.. but I reject Darwin in TOTAL.

That is just elitists deciding WHO is "unfit". (anyone but them)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Science or Pseudoscience?

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A strong family that raised many children would be a benefit.

They had many children because many died before adulthood.

But there is a difference between breeding like that and breeding in the manner of a rabbit or vole.

Society at large didn't pay "single mothers" to breed back then.

Large families were families in the true sense of the word.

Today's so called social programs have changed the dynamic.......For the worse in my opinion.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will Rogers came up with the perfect motto for this program of opposition control you're selling:
    A refusal to deal with human nature as it is will not lead to victory for liberty.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Which has nothing to do with the book.

Unless you are trying to claim that nothing about the brain relates to people's behavior at all, if that is your position then you are sadly behind the times.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Yes, it's being promulgated as something it most certainly is not and was never intended to be by liars like Stefan Molyneux, and picked up by people who are probably well-meaning but unaware of that fact. Now they're aware.
    Try reading the book.

r/k is real and is both physical and psychological.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

r within humans has more to do with failing to expend energy properly raising offspring than with having many children and in its modern perverted form has more to do with sex and using abortion or contraceptives to avoid having to raise children at all.

There are also other factors related to r than just children, the approach to resource availability and competition is very important.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Sorry AF.. but I reject Darwin in TOTAL.

That is just elitists deciding WHO is "unfit". (anyone but them)
    Which has nothing to do with the book.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Science or Pseudoscience?

r/K has more to do with how you were raised than what genes you have, everyone has the potential to go either direction.
    Many of the "fittest" (by Darwin's standard) lean r because life was always easy for them and they never had to work hard to get what they want.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A refusal to deal with human nature as it is will not lead to victory for liberty.
    Human Nature is to follow Strong Man leaders.(since Nimrod). Human Nature has been so corrupted as to produce the world we live in.

Social Controllers have long tried to Mold Human Nature.

I understand it quite well.. I also understand the nature of the Creator.

I don't buy the humanist bull$#@!.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

r within humans has more to do with failing to expend energy properly raising offspring than with having many children and in its modern perverted form has more to do with sex and using abortion or contraceptives to avoid having to raise children at all.

There are also other factors related to r than just children, the approach to resource availability and competition is very important.
    I'm sorry. I guess I was approaching the subject within its context.

AF has a great point about genetics.

tod has a great point about cultural blowback from gov't overstepping its role.

I think the point you make also has an explanation....but I think it's more of a political/sociological explanation than a biological one.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry. I guess I was approaching the subject within its context.

AF has a great point about genetics.

tod has a great point about cultural blowback from gov't overstepping its role.

I think the point you make also has an explanation....but I think it's more of a political/sociological explanation than a biological one.
    It's psychological and therefore affects and is affected by the brain and its development as well as choices mad by the mind using free will.
    And free will choices also affect the brain and its development.
    I always emphasize culture because culture is the most important part.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    We possibly could if we can make the left stop talking about race nonstop.
    I wish intelligent people would drop this nonsense..

The entire concept of multiple races is a fabricated theory,, that unfortunately has been widely adopted.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Human Nature is to follow Strong Man leaders.(since Nimrod). Human Nature has been so corrupted as to produce the world we live in.

If you want as much liberty as possible you must learn about human nature and deal with it because you will not be able to change it significantly and to the extent you can change it you must deal with it as it is to do so.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I wish intelligent people would drop this nonsense..

The entire concept of multiple races is a fabricated theory,, that unfortunately has been widely adopted.
    It's a simple minded attempt to deal with different cultures which absolutely exist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It's a simple minded attempt to deal with different cultures which absolutely exist.
    Different Cultures exist within this country..

I Love Key West,,lived there for several years.. It has a Culture of it's own.

As do several other unique places aroung the country...

but you will never get "Fantasy Fest" in Sault Ste. Marie.

nor an Ice fishing championship in the Gulf states..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

If you want as much liberty as possible you must learn about human nature and deal with it because you will not be able to change it significantly and to the extent you can change it you must deal with it as it is to do so.
    YOU are full of $hit.. all day.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Different Cultures exist within this country..

I Love Key West,,lived there for several years.. It has a Culture of it's own.

As do several other unique places aroung the country...

but you will never get "Fantasy Fest" in Sault Ste. Marie.

nor an Ice fishing championship in the Gulf states..
    That's nice but irrelevant, it is anti-liberty cultures that are a problem and r cultures are anti-liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YOU are full of $hit.. all day.
    A stunning refutation of what I said, you have me convinced, we can just will a change in human nature and the world will be filled with sunshine, bunnies, unicorns and anarchists with a deep and abiding love of liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Try reading the book.

r/k is real and is both physical and psychological.

I never said it wan't real, only that it was being misapplied. Deceitfully by some, inadvertently by others.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I never said it wan't real, only that it was being misapplied. Deceitfully by some, inadvertently by others.
    Since you haven't read the book your opinion is not relevant.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You understand the nature of God?

The Social Controllers do not just try, they accomplish, and as long as you ignore reality they will continue to succeed.
    FJB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast