Thread: DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

Documents reviewed by POLITICO detail the department’s requests to lawmakers on a host of topics, including the statute of limitations, asylum and the way court hearings are conducted. POLITICO also reviewed and previously reported on documents seeking the authority to extend deadlines on merger reviews and prosecutions.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-powers-140023

Read this and spread it..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They certainly aren't letting this "crisis" go to waste.

And then you will see never ending emergencies, just like we now having never ending war.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I knew it was coming. All of it. Just not in my lifetime.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I think the key question is, what if the disease is conquered and nobody knows? The media is doing a fine job of making people think it's spreading much, much more than it is. Will they change their tune when it dies off?

It's too soon to say this is much ado about absolutely nothing. But when that day comes, we need to know it and be vocal about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Exclamation DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-powers-140023
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You couldn't plug that link into the search engine and find Warlord's thread?

Well, thanks for the paragraph, anyway. It's a nice paragraph. We appreciate it.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Well, thanks for the paragraph, anyway. It's a nice paragraph. We appreciate it.
    Well, now, that did make me laugh.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Actually, something fishy is going on with the search engines especially google. You can find just about no articles, forum posts or anything that questions the hype about this virus. I think dissent is being suppressed.

Good God . Lock out the DOJ .

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Actually, something fishy is going on with the search engines especially google. You can find just about no articles, forum posts or anything that questions the hype about this virus. I think dissent is being suppressed.
    Never let a good crisis die a natural death.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Nah:

https://www.google.com/search?q=coro...=firefox-b-1-m

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Yeah, but if you don't type "overblown" in the search bar, do you ever see the word?

I didn't try the word overblown. I had tried hype, overreaction and mass panic.

Yeah, but if you don't type "overblown" in the search bar, do you ever see the word?
    After you type O the first autocomplete is overblown.

Once I realized I created a duplicate thread I asked it to be deleted, not merged.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Something something deep state

Trust the plan. Go back to sleep.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

After you type O the first autocomplete is overblown.
    What "O" word should we have expected?

I mean, it's nice to know autofill is still showing us the most common search--for the moment. But common as that search may be, do you ever see the word if you don't make it part of your search criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Something something deep state

Trust the plan. Go back to sleep.
    You're just phoning that in. If you want the real comedy you have to go to the horse's, er, mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The economy will be fine, the virus was a deep state ploy to cause panic and stop the arrests but Trump and Q team are using it as a smokescreen to go after the deep state and minimize casualties.

It is widely known that child sex trafficking occurs at places like Disney Land, theme parks, sporting events, etc..

Those have all been shut down temporarily.

Schools are closed.

You can't have school shootings if nobody is at school, and the deep state loves using school shootings and shootings and mass gatherings to make Trump look bad. All shut down.
    Because executing thousands of sealed indictments is too easy. You have to cut the crazy pedos off from the supply of children and watch them go crazy instead.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-21-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Thumbs down New World Order police state

The mainstream bushbot Republicans gonna bushbot.

A New World Order coming into view
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Because executing thousands of sealed indictments is too easy. You have to cut the crazy pedos off from the supply of children and watch them go crazy instead.
    It's cutting off their funding.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What "O" word should we have expected?

I mean, it's nice to know autofill is still showing us the most common search--for the moment. But common as that search may be, do you ever see the word if you don't make it part of your search criteria?

You're just phoning that in. If you want the real comedy you have to go to the horse's, er, mouth.

Man! The Trump fanfic just gets loopier and loopier, doesn't it?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I tried to explain to @r3volution 3.0 about martial law but he didn't seem to get it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's cutting off their funding.
    Oh, well. Never mind the Fed printing trillions of dollars. The media mafia and half a dozen wars are all being paid for by pimps with Lolita hoes.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It's inflation, man. It's a bubble. It's the Bubblehead Bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It has to, because they're unable to admit that old fanfics were wrong. That means that any new fanfics have to include all the plot points of every old fanfic.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MAGA

Here's to hoping that Dems won't let this happen even though we know they would if Obama was President. But I'm not holding my breath.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Sen. Mike Lee's response:

What are their names?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows