Thread: Mike Pence On The Record

Mike Pence On The Record

- Michael Richard "Mike" Vice President; Governor of Indiana; former Representative (IN-6). Pence was born June 7, 1959 in Columbus, Indiana, to Nancy Jane and Edward J. Pence, Jr.

- In 1990, in Pence's finance report, he registered his campaign as a for-profit business. Pence said he did it because he was serious about running this country like a business. Deep in the report, Pence was spending campaign cash on personal bills. Pence had decided months ago to supplement Karen's salary with campaign cash. He spent $922 a month to pay their mortgage, $222 a month to pay Karen's car payments. He spent about $13,000 of campaign cash for personal use. He'd gotten a taste of the campaign cash in 1988, making some of Karen's car payments and no one ever raised any concerns. So he went full blast in 1990. As the news trickled out, Pence became defensive: "I'm not embarrassed that I need to make a living." (Sep 14, 2019)

- Mike Pence: "Joe Biden has been slow in providing military resources to Ukraine." https://twitter.com/ThomasEWoods/sta...41930308952082

- On April 2, just one week after the bill was signed into law, Pence signed another bill essentially reversing the religious freedom protections in the act and purporting to force business owners to participate in the celebration of homosexuality at government gunpoint.
    https://thenewamerican.com/print/trump-vp-pence/

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on granting Washington DC an Electoral vote & vote in Congress.

- Mike Pence: "Under President Trump's leadership, Operation Warp Speed, we believe we'll have literally tens of millions of doses of a vaccine before the end of this year." (Oct 7, 2020)

- Mike Pence: "we're going to continue to fully partner with states to make sure that they have the reagents and test kits necessary to perform those tests. It is state managed. But it's federally supported."

- Mike Pence: Inner-city families should want Stop-and-Frisk.

Law enforcement in this country is a force for good. They truly are people that put their lives on the line every single day. But I would suggest [that] what we need to do is assert a stronger leadership at the national level to support law enforcement. You just heard Kaine reject Stop-and-Frisk. I would suggest to you that the families that live in our inner cities that are besieged by crime would benefit from it.
    Source: 2016 Vice-Presidential Debate at Longwood University , Oct 4, 2016

- Mike Pence: "I support the death penalty" Source: 2014 CNN "State of the Union" interview of Mike Pence , Feb 23, 2014

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on making the PATRIOT Act permanent.

- Mike Pence supports reporting every year the number of library records orders that are granted, modified, or denied.

- Mike Pence Signed a bill that allows for more usage of Eminent Domain. (Mar 13, 2014)

- Mike Pence: "China is to blame for the coronavirus." (Oct 2020)

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] to keep the US in the World Trade Organization.

- Mike Pence: "If the world knows nothing else, the world knows this, America stands with Israel. This president has done more to support our most cherished allies than anyone could have imagined just three short years ago. We got out of the Iran nuclear deal. He recognized Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, and President Donald Trump moved the American embassy to Jerusalem, the capital of the state of Israel." Remarks by V.P. Pence at the 2020 CPAC Conference , Feb 27, 2020

- Mike Pence - Against agreement with Iran; keep all sanctions. "I am opposed to this agreement because it will not make the US or our most cherished ally, Israel, safer."

- Mike Pence: "I believe the United States and EU must respond with deeds more than words to strengthen our economic and strategic defenses," Pence said in the prepared remarks his team leaked to Fox News. "I believe we must take immediate steps to deploy a robust missile defense in Europe, especially in Poland, and the Czech Republic-to protect the interest of our NATO allies and the United States in the region. Stronger economic ties and stronger defense is the strategic response to Russian aggression." (Sep 14, 2019)

- Mike Pence: "I think we need less talk and more deeds. And by deploying a robust missile shield throughout Europe including in Poland and the Czech Republic that was off-lined in 2009, I think would send a very strong message to Putin and to Russia that NATO countries and the United States are going to respond by growing stronger economically and strategically. And I believe that's going to have a lot more influence in the long haul than more sanctions and more talk. Let's allow Poland and the Czech Republic to have that missile shield that they were entitled to by joining NATO." (Apr 27, 2014)

- In a 1995 interview, Mike Pence singled out one radio host for promoting "One World Government" conspiracies about NAFTA. "Stan Solomon is a talk radio host who trades in conspiracy theories, who trades in the idea that NAFTA, or GATT, are both part of a one world government conspiracy. While I don't believe that is true, we just don't want to fuel paranoid delusions." (Jul 19, 2016)

- Mike Pence: "I don't support legalization of marijuana and that's been my position for a long time and will continue to be."

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on more funding for Mexico to fight drugs.

- Mike Pence was rated -20 by NORML, indicating a "hard-on-drugs" stance.

- Mike Pence voted YES on withholding $244M in UN Back Payments until U.S. seat restored. (May 2001)

- Mike Pence: keep sanctions against Syria until WMDs are dismantled (May 2007), imposing specified sanctions aimed at Syria's energy sector. Sets forth diplomatic measures intended to isolate the government of Syria. Directs the President to provide assistance to support a democratic transition in Syria.

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on more funding for nanotechnology R&D and commercialization. (Jul 2009)

- Mike Pence: Commitment to unbreakable U.S.-Israel bond. (Mar 2010)

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)

- Mike Pence voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in the U.S., but not abroad. (Mar 2008)

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant.

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad.

- Mike Pence voted NO [bad vote] on restricting no-bid defense contracts.

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight.

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists (REAL ID Act)

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan.

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on retroactive immunity for telecoms' warrantless surveillance. (Jun 2008)

- Mike Pence voted YES [bad vote] on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date.

- Mike Pence supports strengthening sanctions on Syria & assist democratic transition (2008)

- Mike Pence voted NO [bad vote] on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq:

Congressional Summary: Resolved, That President George W. Bush be impeached for committing the following abuses of power:

• Article I--Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign To Manufacture a False Case for War Against Iraq

• Article VI & VIII--Invading Iraq in Violation of H.J. Res. 114, the U.N. Charter and International Criminal Law

• Article X--Falsifying Accounts of US Troop Deaths and Injuries for Political Purposes

• Article XI--Establishment of Permanent US Military Bases in Iraq

• Article XII--Initiating a War Against Iraq for Control of That Nation's Natural Resources

• Article XVII--Detaining Indefinitely and Without Charge Persons Both US Citizens and Foreign Captives

• Article XXIV--Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Fourth Amendment

• Article XXVI--Announcing the Intent To Violate Laws With Signing Statements, and Violating Those Laws

https://www.ontheissues.org/Mike_Pence.htm

____

For a list of 2024 candidates:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nd-Information
    Last edited by PAF; 06-09-2023 at 09:59 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump.

All thanks to undergroundr and of course, Proudamericanfirst.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Can we move this thread to the 2016 Presidential forum?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Do you have sources for these records?

Bump and heed.

trumps running mate mike pence who has not been mentioned.

Vote the Record, Not the Rhetoric

Your Vote Is Your Consent

Perhaps Darrel Castle might be considered...

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    trumps running mate mike pence who has not been mentioned.

Vote the Record, Not the Rhetoric

Your Vote Is Your Consent

Perhaps Darrel Castle might be considered...
    But Hillary is completely fine?

Last edited by Sola_Fide; 11-05-2016 at 04:34 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mike Pence needs his own forum!!!
    Perhaps by 2019 this is a cool idea!

Updated.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Wonder how he and the Swami are polling in Iowa ? There are things I like about Mike , dont like about Mike and things that dont matter to me as well so he is a complete mixed bag . Dont care if he didnt vote to investigate Bush or that he supported financial help to mexicans to prevent narcotic importation into US etc I dont like his foreign policy track record or his take on the fourth amendment, I like where he has been on the Second , that he wasnt afraid to tell his opinion about the chicoms virus , voting to with hold UN monies , and I feel he has potential to be better on domestic fiscal policy than any gop pres since Ike. Not sure I'd vote for him but I consider him to be much more honest and consistent ( good and bad) than any gop presidential candidates not named Paul in the past 23 years
    Do something Danke

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Perhaps most controversial among recent actions by Pence has been his shameful surrender on religious liberty — a crucial American value — during his tenure as Indiana governor. Last year, as homosexual and LGBT extremists were working to bulldoze the First Amendment and force Americans to affirm homosexual “marriage” at government gunpoint, Republicans in Indiana passed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The purpose was to protect Christians and others from being coerced into participating in sinful celebrations of faux “marriage” by, for example, having to bake homosexual-themed cakes or produce flower arrangements that affirm homosexual “weddings.”

At first, Pence was supportive of the effort to protect religious liberty in the face of an unconstitutional and fanatical assault against marriage and its supporters by extremists on the Supreme Court, who defied their oath to the Constitution and the truth by inventing a non-existent “constitutional right” to homosexual “marriage.” “We are not going to change this law,” Pence declared about the effort. However, as homosexual extremists and their allied bullies among Big Business started shrieking and threatening, Pence quickly caved.

On April 2, just one week after the bill was signed into law, Pence signed another bill essentially reversing the religious freedom protections in the act and purporting to force business owners to participate in the celebration of homosexuality at government gunpoint. Religious freedom in Indiana was worse off afterward than when the effort to protect it began — and Pence is largely to blame for surrendering. That is bad news for Trump and for conservatives — especially considering that Pence's primary claim to fame is his alleged “social conservatism.”

Before that, Pence helped oversee and facilitate a major deception against the people of Indiana that will do long-lasting damage to Hoosier children. As The New American reported in March of 2014, Pence and Indiana were among the first states to try to dupe citizens by replacing Common Core with a re-named and re-branded version of the Obama administration-backed, dumbed-down national “education” standards. Despite the deceptive celebrations and statements by Pence, the “new” Indiana standards are almost indistinguishable from the globalist-designed Common Core. According to experts, some 90 percent of Common Core was retained, allowing Indiana to continue receiving bribes from the Obama administration dispensed to states that surrendered control over education.
    https://thenewamerican.com/print/trump-vp-pence/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

lol
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't laugh about any candidate who seems to have no chance. McCain seemed to have no chance until the end of the primary. Biden seemed to have no chance on 2020. If Mitt could have gotten it in 2012, Chris Christy or Mike Pence could easily get it in 2024, if tptb wants them.