Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Founders were Anarchists.

Oh, good... HVACTech is creating threads in the political philosophy subforum. This place has been lacking finger-paint pieces for the refrigerator, lately.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    my point has now officially been made. @RonPaulForums.com.

it is simply NOT possible to talk about our founders or our founding documents... PERIOD!!!!

even if you compare them to Anarchists! LOL!

I submit for candid review. that if Ron Paul himself were truly the "Champion of the Constitution"
    it would be possible to discuss matters pertaining to the Constitution in a civil manner.

as this is CLEARLY not the case @RonPaulForums.com.
    Ron Paul himself. is and was a hard core ANARCHIST.

and I am OK with that. HARD CORE anarchists are only separated by degrees, from minarchists after all.
    but this does make Ron Paul himself a liar.
    He is no "Champion" of the "Constitution"
    like most politicians.... it was just a tool for him to use to try and gain power.

I get it.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The point is that it's incorrect to say that the founders were anarchists, given that they were in favor of maintaining strong governments at the State level. Perhaps you forgot the following part of the Declaration of Independence:
    I humbly bow to your keen powers of observation sir.
    even the Declaration of independence is critically flawed.

our founders were statists! statists I tell you!
    critically flawed and irredeemable.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

to find some value to remain here... perhaps what I can still learn from this group...

what is a proper "state of anarchy" or, is it not possible for a proper state of anarchy to exist...
    because anarchy cannot be a "state"

everyone geared up for the Antifa rallies tomorrow?
    it is gonna be a great day for Anarchy fellas! this is your chance to teach those statists a lesson that they will remember!
    Ye HA!

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    my point has now officially been made. @RonPaulForums.com.

it is simply NOT possible to talk about our founders or our founding documents... PERIOD!!!!

even if you compare them to Anarchists! LOL!

I submit for candid review. that if Ron Paul himself were truly the "Champion of the Constitution"
    it would be possible to discuss matters pertaining to the Constitution in a civil manner.

as this is CLEARLY not the case @RonPaulForums.com.
    Ron Paul himself. is and was a hard core ANARCHIST.

and I am OK with that. HARD CORE anarchists are only separated by degrees, from minarchists after all.
    but this does make Ron Paul himself a liar.
    He is no "Champion" of the "Constitution"
    like most politicians.... it was just a tool for him to use to try and gain power.

I get it.
    Ron Paul is a lot better than any of the founders for many obvious reasons. But , yeah , I could live with the constitution , but it will not be followed .

to find some value to remain here... perhaps what I can still learn from this group...

what is a proper "state of anarchy" or, is it not possible for a proper state of anarchy to exist...
    because anarchy cannot be a "state"

everyone geared up for the Antifa rallies tomorrow?
    it is gonna be a great day for Anarchy fellas! this is your chance to teach those statists a lesson that they will remember!
    Ye HA!
    There will be no ANTIFA rallies here on my properties .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    There will be no ANTIFA rallies here on my properties .
    they are. hard core anarchists you know that right? why would you not join with them...
    oh, wait. i GET IT... if HARD core anarchists join together... they become a state?

my point has now officially been made. @RonPaulForums.com. it is simply NOT possible to talk about our founders or our founding documents... PERIOD!!!! even if you compare them to Anarchists! LOL! I submit for candid review. that if Ron Paul himself were truly the "Champion of the Constitution" it would be possible to discuss matters pertaining to the Constitution in a civil manner. as this is CLEARLY not the case @RonPaulForums.com. Ron Paul himself. is and was a hard core ANARCHIST. and I am OK with that. HARD CORE anarchists are only separated by degrees, from minarchists after all. but this does make Ron Paul himself a liar. He is no "Champion" of the "Constitution" like most politicians.... it was just a tool for him to use to try and gain power. I get it.
    The anarchists are vocal but they are not the majority even here.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

they are. hard core anarchists you know that right? why would you not join with them...
    oh, wait. i GET IT... if HARD core anarchists join together... they become a state?
    No , I do not know what they are as I know none . None is also how many will be invited here .

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The anarchists are vocal but they are not the majority even here.
    anarchists are never the majority. it is against their creed.

tomorrow is a big day for you dude!
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/03...-saturday.html

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    tomorrow is a big day for you dude! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/03...-saturday.html
    Why would it be a big day for me? I don't expect much to happen, and I won't be anywhere near it if it does.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ron Paul is a lot better than any of the founders for many obvious reasons. But , yeah , I could live with the constitution , but it will not be followed .
    A lot of statist Ron Paul supporters misrepresent him.

I agree that a federal government that only exercises the powers enumerated in the Constitution is better than one that exercises all those plus countless others.

Ron Paul championed the Constitution inasmuch as he called out the political status quo of doing the latter and insisted that when politicians take oaths promising not to support the exercise of powers outside those enumerated in the Constitution they ought to keep those oaths.

But this shouldn't be confused with positive support for the Constitution itself as the ideal. Paul unabashedly supported amending it to further limit the federal government's powers. And he certainly didn't think the so-called "founders" got everything right in the Constitution they wrote and ratified. I highly doubt that he thinks the initial displacement of the Articles of Confederation by the Constitution was a net positive.

Ron was the original pragmatist - he presented himself to the general public as a reasonable, practical constitutionalist politician; Hey, this is what the governing document of this body says we can do, let's only do that. It happens that the Constitution was a decent document for limiting the scope of a national state. Since RP has been a national figure, however, the national state hasn't been limited in any way, shape, or form. So it was a decent piece of high ground from which he could snipe. In the course of doing so, he brought many of us here.

Much of what Ron has written and said indicates that he believes in a much, MUCH more limited state than what the CONstitution lays out. Now that he's a private citizen, we're seeing more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Ron was the original pragmatist - he presented himself to the general public as a reasonable, practical constitutionalist politician; Hey, this is what the governing document of this body says we can do, let's only do that. It happens that the Constitution was a decent document for limiting the scope of a national state. Since RP has been a national figure, however, the national state hasn't been limited in any way, shape, or form. So it was a decent piece of high ground from which he could snipe. In the course of doing so, he brought many of us here.

Much of what Ron has written and said indicates that he believes in a much, MUCH more limited state than what the CONstitution lays out. Now that he's a private citizen, we're seeing more of that.
    I thank you for your clear elucidation.

Ron Paul was CLEARLY using our CONstitution as a vehicle. as MANY politicians are wont to do. sir.
    it was just a means to an end for him. he got what he wanted. and he is continuing to spew his obfuscation.

it is NOT very easy to limit a state you know... it is MUCH easier.. to try and make them go away..
    and make excuses for why they should not exist in the first place.

and within this context, Ron Paul is, was and remains a coward.
    Last edited by HVACTech; 11-06-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Ron Paul was CLEARLY using our CONstitution as a vehicle. as MANY politicians are wont to do. sir.
    it was just a means to an end for him. he got what he wanted. and he is continuing to spew his obfuscation.

it is NOT very easy to limit a state you know... it is MUCH easier.. to try and make them go away..

Lol.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Oh shaddup, whydontcha?

Oh shaddup, whydontcha?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh shaddup, whydontcha?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12