Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FSP & Age of Consent - split thread

Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post
    Oh, so original, erp derp "Redneck", erp derp "Alabama", erp derp "Sister", erp derp "toothless"

OK friend, you've figured out the complex process of having sex, let me bow to your awesomeness. I've had sex bud, and..yeah, whatever, it's a wet hole, don't exactly revolve my whole existence around it. Can think of any number of things in my life that top it.

All of that is beside the point. Going back to what started all of this: Are libertarians and the FSP trying to monkey with the age of consent laws - seems to me they are.
    No Hank, what you said when you started this was:

"FSP, the supporters of having sex with children, as young as 6, maybe younger, not exactly my type of society."

To which I stated:

"And by the way, libertarians can at least agree that the ONE legitimate government function is to protect the week from the predations of the stronger. And children would certainly fit into that former category. If you were once the libertarian you claim, you would have recognized that and seen any deviation from it as anything but normal or representative."

I then went on to say however that if I were fourteen and an older woman slept with me I would have felt about the opposite of "victimized." And that the woman should not be prosecuted for something that did me no harm--and, in fact, something that actually made me a whole lot happier for. This is a case where blanket underage laws trample the rights of individuals and a clear example of how unchecked government will inevitably move toward unwieldy gigantism and clumsily begin to step on the very people it was originally designed to serve.

We've created a monster that is out of our control. And that I have to sit here and explain that to you makes me wonder how you could ever have thought about being a libertarian. What exactly were you thinking? I sure don't want to convince you to be a libertarian, obviously you don't "get it," nor will you ever. And in that semi-mythical future where we may have a place to live in under the tenants of our own values I sure do not want to have to be dragging guys like you along with me.

Since then you've attempted to pull every trick in the book, including misquoting, misrepresentation, convolution of intent of statement, and finally out-and-out physical harm in order to bully people into bowing to your self-righteousness. You insist on reading people's minds and then telling them that what they're REALLY thinking is that they would approve of the most deviant behavior that can be cooked up in some demented person's mind (uh, Hank) and refuse to acknowledge that in some cases the blanket laws as they are can result in tragic consequences.

The basis of your argument is taken right out of Alinski's liberal handbook, which has been used to paint Republicans as racist and which goes something like: if you don't agree with government handouts and government handouts are given disproportionately to minorities then you must hate minorities. You've turned a deaf ear to people's suggestions about more case-specific decision making and continued to flog your simple-minded insistence that if it's not your way you're a paedophile.

How in the world do you even sleep at night?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Well Frank, (if I'm going to be Ted, you can be Frank)...
    Yes, I noticed that misspelling, my apologies, you can still call me Frank if you like.

Maybe you could point to where I've set forth the positions you've chosen to accredit to me?
    My response was not just to you, but what you said is my point, very few of you will ever set forth any positions, you only present criticisms.

Government as it sits isn't representative of the people,
    Never claimed it was. If I was happy with state of affairs in this country I likely wouldn't on these boards would I?

the disconnect is beyond repair. Courts and kops specifically (since you brought them up) must abide by a hierarchy that even their employees don't agree with. Ask several if you don't believe me. They must enforce laws that run contrary to common sense in order to suck a pension check out of the taxpayers.......
    Some will agree with the laws, some won't, this will always be the case, and what is your solution to this???

Small towns like where I live and the surrounding counties don't generate enough revenue to support the kops-n-court employees on their payroll let alone the pensions they pay so state and federal coffers are tapped which makes the tax-ticks beholden to folks hundreds, or thousands of miles away...And the lowlife scum you'd deffer to will whore out their morals and ethics for state and federal money.
    What "low-life" scum would that be? Who is the one putting words in people's mouth here? - and once again, what is your solution to this?

So go ahead and keep claiming that these people represent you if you'd like, they sure as hell don't represent me!
    I'd love for you to show me where I said "these people" represent me.

If you ever have call to be judged in one of their courtrooms you'll understand exactly how wrong you are with your assertion about a jury of your peers.
    What assertion?

You're repeating approved rhetoric that has absolutely no factual basis in reality.
    What rhetoric am I repeating and who approved it? What factual basis in reality is there for any of the stuff I hear on these boards?

Once again I'll type; "Government is the problem, not the solution."
    Depends what you consider "government" and what the circumstances of the problem are. Thanks for trying, but your reply, like all the others, is just full of more criticisms and no suggestions.

Yes, I noticed that misspelling, my apologies, you can still call me Frank if you like.
    Apology accepted.

My response was not just to you, but what you said is my point, very few of you will ever set forth any positions, you only present criticisms.
    Very few of whom?
    I'm just one guy, not some part of a collective.
    And you quoted me specifically didn't you?

Never claimed it was. If I was happy with state of affairs in this country I likely wouldn't on these boards would I?
    I have no idea why you're "on these boards"...
    From here you promote more of the same big government behaviors that Ron Paul fought against.

Some will agree with the laws, some won't, this will always be the case, and what is your solution to this???
    Simple, no more federal money for law enforcement or courts.

What "low-life" scum would that be? Who is the one putting words in people's mouth here? - and once again, what is your solution to this?
    Any and all employees of any "Just-Us" department or organization are low life scum, from the kops and judges to every one drawing a check from government in order to even remotely support sitting in judgement of another. These people are who whore out their morals and ethics, the same people you have supported throughout the discussion taking place in two threads now.

The solution is simple, no federal money.

I'd love for you to show me where I said "these people" represent me.
    I quoted you yesterday posting in support of the FBI.

What assertion?
    Your words below;

-You won't have judges or courthouses, disputes will be "brought before your peers" and they will decide - hmmm, sounds and awful lot like a jury and court to me

-

Depends what you consider "government" and what the circumstances of the problem are. Thanks for trying, but your reply, like all the others, is just full of more criticisms and no suggestions.
    "Government" in the context I use it is a group of people who claim authority over me and mine who I cannot approach in their home on a Sunday afternoon.

The solution I keep offering is to cut all federal funding of all law enforcement, courts, kops and legislators.

Quote Originally Posted by caracoid View Post
    No Hank, what you said when you started this was:

"FSP, the supporters of having sex with children, as young as 6, maybe younger, not exactly my type of society."

OK, fine I guess I should have said: "FSP, while they may not endorse sex with children, they won't specifically define what having sex with a child is and further they have no laws against it or punishment for it, because even tho they don't personally agree with it, it is not their place judge or force their "Puritan" values on anyone else" ---Is that better?

To which I stated:

"And by the way, libertarians can at least agree that the ONE legitimate government function is to protect the week from the predations of the stronger. And children would certainly fit into that former category. If you were once the libertarian you claim, you would have recognized that and seen any deviation from it as anything but normal or representative."
    Yet you refuse to define what a child is.

I then went on to say however that if I were fourteen and an older woman slept with me I would have felt about the opposite of "victimized." And that the woman should not be prosecuted for something that did me no harm--and, in fact, something that actually made me a whole lot happier for. This is a case where blanket underage laws trample the rights of individuals and a clear example of how unchecked government will inevitably move toward unwieldy gigantism and clumsily begin to step on the very people it was originally designed to serve.
    Whether or not it would have made you happier is irrelevant. You don't know it would have made you happier, she could have been some psycho who did things to you didn't want, she could have given you a disease, you could have gotten her pregnant - that is not a decision for a 14yr old to be making. Sure, plenty of 18yr olds do stupid things too, once again, I don't claim a perfect age, but I most definitely would lock that sick bitch up and if you were ever putting the moves on a 14yr old I'd say do the same to you.

We've created a monster that is out of our control. And that I have to sit here and explain that to you makes me wonder how you could ever have thought about being a libertarian. What exactly were you thinking? I sure don't want to convince you to be a libertarian, obviously you don't "get it," nor will you ever. And in that semi-mythical future where we may have a place to live in under the tenants of our own values I sure do not want to have to be dragging guys like you along with me.
    Boinking 14yr olds is "one of our values", funny, I've never heard Ron Paul say that one, and if that is the kind of $#@! you guys are selling then yeah, I'm not with you and never will be.

Since then you've attempted to pull every trick in the book, including misquoting, misrepresentation, convolution of intent of statement, and finally out-and-out physical harm in order to bully people into bowing to your self-righteousness.
    When? You've clearly stated you feel a woman who sleeps with a 14yr should not be punished, you further refused to state an age where you feel no way no how should it be allowed - do tell how I've misquoted you or any of that other stuff you claim.

You insist on reading people's minds and then telling them that what they're REALLY thinking is that they would approve of the most deviant behavior that can be cooked up in some demented person's mind (uh, Hank) and refuse to acknowledge that in some cases the blanket laws as they are can result in tragic consequences.
    Again, when was this? Wasn't it you talking about screwing people's sisters and what not? I never made any statement relating to blanket laws, I suggested 18 was a good number, I left the floor open for other opinions, I fully stated some common sense should be used as in an 18yr old and a 17yr old type situation, and I certainly never tried any violence on anyone. I was pointing out what would happen in a private society if 30yr olds were trying to get with 16yr olds or younger.

The basis of your argument is taken right out of Alinski's liberal handbook, which has been used to paint Republicans as racist and which goes something like: if you don't agree with government handouts and government handouts are given disproportionately to minorities then you must hate minorities. You've turned a deaf ear to people's suggestions about more case-specific decision making and continued to flog your simple-minded insistence that if it's not your way you're a paedophile
    Not what I said at all, and you flat out said you agreed with pedophilia, such as in your childhood fantasy that you keep bringing up over and over, so how exactly do I have it wrong?

How in the world do you even sleep at night?
    How do you, you sick bastard?

Very few of whom?
    I'm just one guy, not some part of a collective.
    And you quoted me specifically didn't you?
    Yes, I quoted you, I also quoted someone else, and as I said, you as well have made criticisms, no suggestions.

I have no idea why you're "on these boards"...
    From here you promote more of the same big government behaviors that Ron Paul fought against.
    Oh, OK, so Ron Paul fought to get rid of age of consent laws? Must have missed that one. I do confess I don't agree with Ron on everything but I'd hardly say he and I oceans apart in our views.

Simple, no more federal money for law enforcement or courts.
    OK, fine, I'm game, then what?

Any and all employees of any "Just-Us" department or organization are low life scum, from the kops and judges to every one drawing a check from government in order to even remotely support sitting in judgement of another. These people are who whore out their morals and ethics, the same people you have supported throughout the discussion taking place in two threads now.
    I support having age of consent laws, I support enforcing those laws, I say that with no shame, you disagree, don't really care.

The solution is simple, no federal money.
    Again, great, and then what?

I quoted you yesterday posting in support of the FBI.
    No, you quoted me saying I don't care if the FBI raids pedophiles. I don't support the Latin Counts, but the other day they beat the $#@! out of some guy who tried to steal a March of Dimes donation box, so, in that instance, I say Bravo to them.

"Government" in the context I use it is a group of people who claim authority over me and mine who I cannot approach in their home on a Sunday afternoon.

The solution I keep offering is to cut all federal funding of all law enforcement, courts, kops and legislators.
    Go ahead and cut the funding - something else will just pop up in it's place, you will never change that, you will always have someone who "claims authority over you" regarding certain matters. You can have more or less of that type of thing, but you will never have none, that is a just a fact of life.

Go ahead and cut the funding - something else will just pop up in it's place, you will never change that, you will always have someone who "claims authority over you" regarding certain matters. You can have more or less of that type of thing, but you will never have none, that is a just a fact of life.
    Yup, couldn't agree more.

There are millions of people out there, just like you, morally outraged at this or that, and more than happy to see government issue a fatwa condemning whatever the outrage of the day is.

As long as this is the case, government will forever have a hold over all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

There are millions of people out there, just like you, morally outraged at this or that, and more than happy to see government issue a fatwa condemning whatever the outrage of the day is.

As long as this is the case, government will forever have a hold over all of us.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Admit it Hank, you actually like having people you don't know and can't access lording over you and your family.

You do have a family don't you?

The way laws and courts are today, odds are if you do have a family (and you're not a kop) you too will have occasion to experience "Just-Us" up close and personal....

Did you see the thread earlier about the kop who molested kids and killed himself in jail? There's another one of your heroes down in flames....

You keep asking "then what" when I state cut federal funding, self sufficiency and personal responsibility of course, the way men behaved when this country was founded.

Government has caused these troubles, more government isn't going to fix them.......

+rep
    And a sizeable chunk of those millions are Constittuionalists of some sort or another. SMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    Here's something Ian Freeman wrote a little over a week ago proclaiming his belief that adults having sex with teenagers, 13 year olds, is fine as long as said teen affirms their desire to have sex with the adult. It's funny how this is his response to people claiming he thinks sex with 6-year olds is OK - "No, no, but sex with 13 year olds is fine." Keep in mind, also, that this is one of the main geniuses behind plugging people's parking meters for them. Adults having sex with children isn't any of his business, but parking meters are. What a mess.
    So let me see if I understand you correctly. You actually think it's wrong for a good Samaritan to go around and feed parking meters to save people from getting tickets? Are you trolling or just stupid? The issue is not whether or not it's his "business" to feed parking meters. It's a nice thing to do. It's like feeding the homeless. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but there's certainly nothing wrong with doing it. Seriously, if someone fed your parking meter would you be like "Damn you! I wanted that parking ticket!"

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yeah, nice straw man there, come on man, you used to at least post some half way intelligent stuff. So I guess playing by your rules I can say you agree with boinking 6yr olds since you don't want any laws against it right? Or would that be putting words in your mouth?

Admit it Hank, you actually like having people you don't know and can't access lording over you and your family.

You do have a family don't you?

The way laws and courts are today, odds are if you do have a family (and you're not a kop) you too will have occasion to experience "Just-Us" up close and personal....

Did you see the thread earlier about the kop who molested kids and killed himself in jail? There's another one of your heroes down in flames....

You keep asking "then what" when I state cut federal funding, self sufficiency and personal responsibility of course, the way men behaved when this country was founded.

Government has caused these troubles, more government isn't going to fix them.......

How is enforcing a law already on the books "more government". How exactly did govt create pedophiles? If a cop molested a child I'd say he was already a pedo prior to that, people in all types of professions molest children, what you said is simply stupid.

Is this a joke? Right out of the starting gate Washington violated the Constitution during the Whiskey Rebellion. Slavery was legal. There was corruption between local sheriffs and wealthy land owners, it was legal for a man to beat his wife, I could go on and on.

You could argue that maybe in certain areas of life there was more freedom, I don't disagree with that, but it only goes to show what I already said: You can have more or less "govt", you will never have none.

As for all that other horse $#@!, I never said any of those things, but obviously you can't refute anything I actually said so you have to keep responding to things I didn't say so you can go into your little speeches.
    Last edited by hankrichter12; 03-28-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Yeah, nice straw man there, come on man, you used to at least post some half way intelligent stuff. So I guess playing by your rules I can say you agree with boinking 6yr olds since you don't want any laws against it right? Or would that be putting words in your mouth?
    I've already explained my position, numerous times.

How is it a straw man argument when I am agreeing with you?

What you're doing is all old hat, by the way:

Noob strolls in, sees libertarian "X" is in favor of abolishing government fatwas against some morally or socially unacceptable behavior, based on the fact that government intervention usually makes the problem worse or makes government worse.

Noob proceeds to run around with hair on fire: "ON NOES!!! OMFG!!! LIBERTARIANS ARE IN FAVOR OF SHOOTING HEROIN - SEX WITH KIDS - BOILING CATS!!!"

...or whatever.

Yawn...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

"ON NOES!!! OMFG!!! LIBERTARIANS ARE IN FAVOR OF SHOOTING HEROIN - SEX WITH KIDS - BOILING CATS!!!"
    I'm pretty open-minded...but I draw the line at underage sex with boiling cats...

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

How is enforcing a law already on the books "more government". How exactly did govt create pedophiles? If a cop molested a child I'd say he was already a pedo prior to that, people in all types of professions molest children, what you said is simply stupid.
    No Hank what I've written isn't stupid, with more people alone more government is required to enforce the laws on the books and that doesn't account for the countless new laws and edicts enacted every day.

Again "stupidity" reigns in the assertion that "government creates pedophiles".......A logical man would conclude that government is interfering with families who could and would address these type of individuals themselves at no more cost than a bullet.... Obviously logic isn't your strong suit is it? Yet earlier you claimed that it was only by leave of government that pedophiles could exist? This must be really difficult for you, wanting to support government and her laws on one hand yet having that same government support those you disagree with on the other............Vote harder!

What I actually typed was that there's a disproportionate number of government employees and church leaders who have been convicted of child crimes compared to the general populace. The government you advocate for to enforce laws you agree with........Yet whine when they enforce those you don't.

Is this a joke? Right out of the starting gate Washington violated the Constitution during the Whiskey Rebellion. Slavery was legal. There was corruption between local sheriffs and wealthy land owners, it was legal for a man to beat his wife, I could go on and on.
    Give me wealthy land owners, slaves and wife beaters over 24/7 busybodies who want to fine and imprison anyone for anything at a cost to the average man that's astronomical.

You could argue that maybe in certain areas of life there was more freedom, I don't disagree with that, but it only goes to show what I already said: You can have more or less "govt", you will never have none.
    Maybe you'd be so kind as to point out where I have called for anything but no federal funding for legislators, courts and kops?
    Have a go at it..........

As for all that other horse $#@!, I never said any of those things, but obviously you can't refute anything I actually said so you have to keep responding to things I didn't say so you can go into your little speeches.
    Fun having somebody type your opinions for you isn't it?

Say something worthy of refuting if you'd like to be refuted..........Or keep on being obnoxious and telling others what they think and expect the courtesy returned..

I've already explained my position, numerous times.

How is it a straw man argument when I am agreeing with you?

What you're doing is all old hat, by the way:

Noob strolls in, sees libertarian "X" is in favor of abolishing government fatwas against some morally or socially unacceptable behavior, based on the fact that government intervention usually makes the problem worse or makes government worse.

Noob proceeds to run around with hair on fire: "ON NOES!!! OMFG!!! LIBERTARIANS ARE IN FAVOR OF SHOOTING HEROIN - SEX WITH KIDS - BOILING CATS!!!"

...or whatever.

Yawn...

Not a noob, and not what I said, but again....why reply to what I said? You "agreed" with me in a sarcastic manner, taking a jab at me, that is what I replied to.

No Hank what I've written isn't stupid, with more people alone more government is required to enforce the laws on the books and that doesn't account for the countless new laws and edicts enacted every day.
    I've never advocated for any new law, ever, I'd like to repeal many, but laws against screwing kids is not one of them.

Again "stupidity" reigns in the assertion that "government creates pedophiles".......A logical man would conclude that government is interfering with families who could and would address these type of individuals themselves at no more cost than a bullet.... Obviously logic isn't your strong suit is it?
    I'd agree with letting the community handle it, however, at what point is someone no longer a kid and free to make their own decisions? Ages of Consent vary around the world from as low as 12 to I believe as high as 24, so if we just remain vague and set no age, can I still shoot a 28yr old who is trying to date my 23yr old daughter?

Yet earlier you claimed that it was only by leave of government that pedophiles could exist? This must be really difficult for you, wanting to support government and her laws on one hand yet having that same government support those you disagree with on the other............Vote harder!
    No, I said there would never be no govt, I said with the current govt we have a pedo, or suspected pedo is allowed a trial and due process, I said in a private property society a pedo would get strung up by his buster browns, so in other words - getting rid of this current govt will not produce what any of you want, there will be new rules, and consequences for breaking those rules, so trying to claim any of you have some system that is otherwise is just false, get it?

What I actually typed was that there's a disproportionate number of government employees and church leaders who have been convicted of child crimes compared to the general populace. The government you advocate for to enforce laws you agree with........Yet whine when they enforce those you don't.
    Once again, never said any of that. I don't like our current govt and I don't pretend there will ever be this silly utopic society you dream of.

I said what I've said countless times - you can erase every govt on this planet, disband every army and police force - in the immediate you will have chaos, but then people will naturally band together into new groups, leaders/power structures will form in those groups, rules will be made, and they will be violently enforced, and not a single one of you can paint me any scenario where this same thing will not happen and we will not wind up right back where we are now or worse, is that clear enough for you?

Give me wealthy land owners, slaves and wife beaters over 24/7 busybodies who want to fine and imprison anyone for anything at a cost to the average man that's astronomical.
    Oh brother. I have issues with the govt as a whole, but amazingly I don't seem to be running into these types of cops all of you describe. Most cops I know are lazy as $#@! and hate getting out of their cars and doing paperwork. Don't know too many who go around trying to create incidents where there are none. I'd be curious to know the details.

Maybe you'd be so kind as to point out where I have called for anything but no federal funding for legislators, courts and kops?
    Have a go at it..........

You said we need to go back to how it was at the founding, and I addressed that, and I'll say it all once again, this world all of you dream of does not exist, it never has and never will. All anyone can do is to try and have a govt as small as possible, but I have no shame in saying getting rid of laws that prohibit sex with children is not one of the areas I'd cut, so if that makes me a "statist", well so be it.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yet you refuse to define what a child is.
    It's been defined in two threads. The question here isn't really one of sex with children. The question is one of people who do not have the mental capacity to consent to sexual acts. There's already a crime on the books called "rape" that has this pretty well covered, with room for prosecutors to bring in aggravating circumstances. If you are too young, too old, or otherwise unable to consent, then there is no consent, and the activity is likely provable as rape.

What you have been doggedly arguing and gotten upset about is that you want more. You want someone who is demonstrably ABLE TO CONSENT to still be considered a victim and for others to bring charges on their behalf, based on an arbitrary age (which is so common sense that it varies from state to state). Fundamentally, you've expressed disbelief that a teen can consent to sex, but also then stated that you believe they have the mental capacity to consent --- but only at certain ages.

If they're a teen boinking another teen, then they're mentally capable.

If they're a teen boinking an "adult," then they're mentally incapable (in most cases).

If they're a teen boinking an adult... but they slide past that magical AOC line... then all the boinking that occurs after that line is okay, but all that occurred before is not, regardless of the age of the partner.

That's where AOC falls the hell apart.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

can I still shoot a 28yr old who is trying to date my 23yr old daughter?
    If he's trying to rape her, you might have a case.

If she's unable to consent due to mental deficiency (temporary or otherwise), you'd have a good case.

And you wouldn't even have to mention their ages to do it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

You said we need to go back to how it was at the founding, and I addressed that, and I'll say it all once again, this world all of you dream of does not exist, it never has and never will. All anyone can do is to try and have a govt as small as possible, but I have no shame in saying getting rid of laws that prohibit sex with children is not one of the areas I'd cut, so if that makes me a "statist", well so be it.
    I actually need to build some doors today, and I honestly believe that what I've been typing is going off in left field somewhere where it's not registering...

You're still telling me "this world all of you dream of" and other such choice tidbits that only point to some type of inability to engage in sane discourse...(There's only one of me)

So how about focusing on one of your logical utterances....
    All anyone can do is to try and have a govt as small as possible
    Too me, small is as I described, being able to go to the home of he who would govern me on a Sunday afternoon....

Any bigger, or further removed is unacceptable.

I want no part of either coasts politics, I want no part of big city politics.

Off to produce something for a client who appreciates my labors........

[edit before shop work]

The laws you'd keep come with the enforcement, kops/courts and prisons that are all so objectionable, I have no problem with you and your community writing and enforcing laws ya'll like.

I have a big problem with other communities insisting that their laws are enforced in my community and expecting me to pay for the privilege...
    Last edited by tod evans; 03-28-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So let me see if I understand you correctly. You actually think it's wrong for a good Samaritan to go around and feed parking meters to save people from getting tickets? Are you trolling or just stupid? The issue is not whether or not it's his "business" to feed parking meters. It's a nice thing to do. It's like feeding the homeless. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but there's certainly nothing wrong with doing it. Seriously, if someone fed your parking meter would you be like "Damn you! I wanted that parking ticket!"
    No, I don't think it's wrong. I think the "it's reprehensible, but it's none of my business" line regarding child molestation is made considerably skeevier by his apparent willingness to fight trivial battles. To most observers, it's evidence of misplaced priorities.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

No, I don't think it's wrong. I think the "it's reprehensible, but it's none of my business" line regarding child molestation is made considerably skeevier by his apparent willingness to fight trivial battles. To most observers, it's evidence of misplaced priorities.
    Oooookaaaay. So if someone doesn't agree with a particular solution to a particular problem that means they don't think the problem is important?

Ron Paul doesn't want U.S. troops to go to Syria. That means he doesn't care about Christians being beheaded? I've heard that argument.

No libertarian or conservative republican is in favor of Obamacare or Sanderscare. That means they think people without enough money should just die? I've heard that argument as well.

If someone is against statist coercion in all its forms, then it makes perfect sense for that person to say a 14 y/o having sex, whether it's with another 14 y/o or a 40 y/o, is not his business while at the same time being for paying parking meters. Paying parking meters is a non-statist, non-coercive solution to a problem. Do you have a non-statist, non-coercive solution to the problem of 14 year olds having consensual sex with 40 year olds? I'm not saying that should be legal. I'm saying your argument in this instance lacks logic or understanding of the principle being advocated by the person you are criticizing.

And...FWIW....as others have pointed out repeatedly, 100 years ago this wasn't even a problem in most states. Please read:

http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/teaching-mod...rces&source=24
    Information on the ages used historically in western age of consent laws is not readily available. This table has been compiled from a combination of historical and contemporary sources. By 1880, the first date chosen, many western nations had established an age of consent for the first time, typically of 12 or 13 years. By 1920, when the influence of reform campaigns that established a new link between the age of consent and prostitution had run its course, most had revised their age upward, to 14 or 15 in European nations, and 16 in the Anglo-American world. In the last decades of the 20th century, states and nations with ages below those averages amended their laws to move closer to them. In Europe that growing conformity owed much to moves toward greater European integration. Given that the rationale for the age of consent has remained essentially unchanged in its emphasis on the need to protect 'immature' children, the table highlights the shifting and various definitions of childhood employed across time and cultures.

Edit: So here's a question for you. Earlier you said this:

It's funny how this is his response to people claiming he thinks sex with 6-year olds is OK - "No, no, but sex with 13 year olds is fine."

Considering that, up until the 20th century, most countries agreed with Ian's position that sex with 12 or 13 year olds was okay but not for 6 year olds, why do you find his position "funny?" I don't agree with it, but it is rational.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-28-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Once again, never said any of that. I don't like our current govt and I don't pretend there will ever be this silly utopic society you dream of.

I said what I've said countless times - you can erase every govt on this planet, disband every army and police force - in the immediate you will have chaos, but then people will naturally band together into new groups, leaders/power structures will form in those groups, rules will be made, and they will be violently enforced, and not a single one of you can paint me any scenario where this same thing will not happen and we will not wind up right back where we are now or worse, is that clear enough for you?
    To imagine a new world, where that is not the case, requires some vision and courage.

I guess you're not up to it.

Oh brother. I have issues with the govt as a whole, but amazingly I don't seem to be running into these types of cops all of you describe. Most cops I know are lazy as $#@! and hate getting out of their cars and doing paperwork. Don't know too many who go around trying to create incidents where there are none. I'd be curious to know the details.
    Oh, now I remember you. We went round and round in the Fergerson threads.

To imagine a new world, where that is not the case, requires some vision and courage.

Oooookaaaay. So if someone doesn't agree with a particular solution to a particular problem that means they don't think the problem is important?
    Where does Freeman say anything about "not agreeing with a particular solution to a particular problem?" I'm taking issue with the fact that he prioritizes parking meters (the general principle of those things, by the way, is probably not going away in a stateless society) over calling out child molesters. Modern "voluntaryism": taxation is theft, voting is aggression, sex with children is A-OK. The best way to expand the liberty movement is to constantly discuss the right to screw children. And people wonder why libertarianism isn't more popular. It's ridiculous for someone like Ian Freeman to plead apathy on this issue when the chances are statistically very good that either his own child or the child of someone he knows will be a victim of assault.

If someone is against statist coercion in all its forms, then it makes perfect sense for that person to say a 14 y/o having sex, whether it's with another 14 y/o or a 40 y/o, is not his business while at the same time being for paying parking meters. Paying parking meters is a non-statist, non-coercive solution to a problem. Do you have a non-statist, non-coercive solution to the problem of 14 year olds having consensual sex with 40 year olds? I'm not saying that should be legal. I'm saying your argument in this instance lacks logic or understanding of the principle being advocated by the person you are criticizing.
    Age of consent laws are imperfect solutions to a thorny issue. The government is guilty of essentially offending the individual by defining minimum ages for people interested in having sex, where the intent of these definitions is the prevention of mentally-scarring repercussions to a minor because said minor is unable to fully consent at the time of the sexual experience and/or unable to revoke consent once the act has begun because of brain-chemistry related factors. If one accepts that the minor is statistically more likely to emerge with a negative experience that impacts them for the rest of their natural lives, robbing them of self-agency that might otherwise had been afforded to them, versus waiting a couple more years and emerging from it relatively unscathed, does the end result justify the means required to achieve it? Defenders of AOC laws might reasonably say yes - the laws aren't about denying people autonomy, and they certainly don't make sex between adults any more prohibited. The law is designed to regulate the patience of children, young adults, and adults, and the time they spend waiting will pale in comparison to the time they spend making up for it. That's how the general defense of AOC laws reads, and although I don't believe it is necessary for the state to enforce such a law, it's a reasonably good one. It's not the hill I would choose to die on as an anarchist.

And...FWIW....as others have pointed out repeatedly, 100 years ago this wasn't even a problem in most states. Please read:

http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/teaching-mod...rces&source=24
    Information on the ages used historically in western age of consent laws is not readily available. This table has been compiled from a combination of historical and contemporary sources. By 1880, the first date chosen, many western nations had established an age of consent for the first time, typically of 12 or 13 years. By 1920, when the influence of reform campaigns that established a new link between the age of consent and prostitution had run its course, most had revised their age upward, to 14 or 15 in European nations, and 16 in the Anglo-American world. In the last decades of the 20th century, states and nations with ages below those averages amended their laws to move closer to them. In Europe that growing conformity owed much to moves toward greater European integration. Given that the rationale for the age of consent has remained essentially unchanged in its emphasis on the need to protect 'immature' children, the table highlights the shifting and various definitions of childhood employed across time and cultures.
    Right, families used to marry their daughters off as soon as they got their periods (that would mean as early as 10 years old nowadays). 12-year old moms used to barely live through childbirth. What's your point?

Edit: So here's a question for you. Earlier you said this:

It's funny how this is his response to people claiming he thinks sex with 6-year olds is OK - "No, no, but sex with 13 year olds is fine."

Considering that, up until the 20th century, most countries agreed with Ian's position that sex with 12 or 13 year olds was okay but not for 6 year olds, why do you find his position "funny?" I don't agree with it, but it is rational.
    Emphasis being "up until the 20th century." Here's another FSPer spewing filth:

I mean, it's just comical that these people would pick this issue, that's all. Chris Cantwell is wrong about 99% of the time, but I'll quote him approvingly here -
    "I'm gonna go ahead and posit that if your vision of a free society is one where a junior high school girl walks out and gets a train run on her by Ian Freeman and Brad ********, then a lot of people are gonna be happy to pay taxes to avoid that so you might want to work on your marketing."
    Last edited by Rothbardian Girl; 03-28-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: not sure why the surname in the last quote is censored
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, fine I guess I should have said: "FSP, while they may not endorse sex with children, they won't specifically define what having sex with a child is and further they have no laws against it or punishment for it, because even tho they don't personally agree with it, it is not their place judge or force their "Puritan" values on anyone else" ---Is that better?

I never said I wouldn't specifically define what having sex with a child is. I haven't so far because I've been enjoying watching a control freak wiggle around insanely. But okay, obviously prior to when Mother Nature designed us to have sex is off limits--boys or girls--and should be illegal. But as for boys, how am I supposed to honestly say without being a total hypocrite that I would be looking to press charges as a father if my teenage son had been totally willing when I would have done the same thing at that age and LOVED it? As for girls? Who knows? Ask them.

Whether or not it would have made you happier is irrelevant. You don't know it would have made you happier, she could have been some psycho who did things to you didn't want, she could have given you a disease, you could have gotten her pregnant - that is not a decision for a 14yr old to be making. Sure, plenty of 18yr olds do stupid things too, once again, I don't claim a perfect age, but I most definitely would lock that sick bitch up and if you were ever putting the moves on a 14yr old I'd say do the same to you.

You're now telling ME that I don't know whether it would have made ME happy? I can't even begin to explain how pathological that sounds. And again your warped mind moves into converting the woman into a psycho "who did things you didn't want." You can't seem to get your mind around the fact that one person imposing their will on another unwillingly is perhaps the number one crime of all in a libertarian society. On this we need to move backwards into our former conversation when I presumed you to be someone with a low sex drive, which--honorably and with my full respect--you acknowledged when you said:

". . . whatever, it's a wet hole, don't exactly revolve my whole existence around it. Can think of any number of things in my life that top it."

That puts us all in a place today where it's the guy who has little-to-no sex drive as being our go-to for defining for us our morality. Hank, if you've never experienced the raging hormones of youth, how can you ever judge a boy for going for it and then being damn thankful in the long-shot chance it should ever happen? Let's face it, there simply aren't enough older women snorting around for boys to make this scenario impact society whatsoever. It's your obsessional, innate controlling nature that attempts to define a world full of worst-case scenarios that will give you "just cause" for your self-righteous invasiveness.

You huh-rumphed when I compared you to Janet Reno, but you tell me how your methods ensure that we will never return to the witch hunts she created twenty years ago--never rectified by law probably because it's impossible to do so without creating innate contradictions in our litigious, unwieldy government--or the actual witch hunts of yore? You give one sexless person enough power with no idea what others are going through but with a mandate from God or government to do what's "right" and then through their "divinations" allow them to tell us all about our "disgusting selves," you end up with a lot of collateral damage including either innocent people eternally locked up in jail (a fate worse than death) or your great-great-great grandfather's preference of consuming them in fire and then merrily watching them burn to death.

What was the ultimate outcome of your hooded crony Janet Reno's actions? You think the end result of your status quo is without cost? You're worried about some poor boy having the opportunity to experience some modicum of joy in his otherwise miserable coming-of-age so much you think it warrants the pulverizing effect that your outcome has already created in society. Think about it. From time immemorial men have instinctively wanted to play with kids by tossing them up in the air, tickling and teasing them (get your mind out of the gutter), and rough-housing until mom shouts "No more!" Now other than with their direct father this is considered threatening to a child's welfare. Not knowing how the mother may react, no man is ever again going to step up and be willing to present that sort of an open arms, life-affirming welcoming to a child. Even the kid's uncle has that going through the back of his mind. What effect has THAT had on society? Certainly anything way beyond any indeterminate scars that may have come about by "all those crazy lusty women" hunting for our teenage boys in school. And this is why I hope never again to allow guys like you and Reno the mandate to determine my world or that of my son.

"You've clearly stated you feel a woman who sleeps with a 14yr should not be punished"

No, once again psychic Hank is putting words in my mouth. By law she should not be automatically punished.

"do tell how I've misquoted you or any of that other stuff you claim."

You mean other than the multitude of deceptive misrepresentations you just committed in this one reply alone? How about the time you slithered sideways yesterday, opened up a new thread without anybody here knowing and lit the fire with this "well-balanced, highly representative line":

"when it comes to boinking kids the answer better be an immediate "Hell No!" Yet, the answer I was given [in this thread] went: We're pretty much answering your question with an "it depends." To ask for a hard and fast rule is for people with binary minds."

Never once explaining the restrictions that we've been covering and finer points and without doing so leading some unknowing person to interpreting them as a full-blown endorsement of pedaphilia at any age, willing or not. Recklessly and inflammatorily you left out statements by me right at the beginning (as well as those of others) like:

"And by the way, libertarians can at least agree that the ONE legitimate government function is to protect the weak from the predations of the stronger. And children would certainly fit into that former category. If you were once the libertarian you claim, you would have recognized that and seen any deviation from it as anything but normal or representative."

You then huff and puff:

". . . aside from my own personal disgust in all this, if this is something that is now coming under the eye of the FBI and there are people here who are sympathetic to this sick crap, I don't want my name anywhere near it, I'd imagine others here might feel the same and not want to be drug down with this."

You just can't help your nature, can you? Christ! If this isn't using a direct threat through intimidation in lieu of a winning argument I don't know what is. First you conjure up the image of black-gloved FBI agents standing behind you and then you say, "you agree with me, right? . . . RIGHT?"

Harmonizing with your previous bombs, like:

"I certainly never tried any violence on anyone."

preceded by:

I will happily give anyone the address to my MMA gym if they want to come call my bluff, even at 40 I'm sure I could still whoop most people out there, and my town is certainly pretty "old school", we have men out here who still believe men should be "masculine" and I can assure you a guy who says 14yr old sex is acceptable, or that a 6yr old can consent will not have a pleasant day here.

and

"I, no joke, would cut off this (mod edit), he is free to go live his life as he sees fit after that, so, absent, the state, that would be Ian's fate if guys like me were free to do as we please."

(Saved by the moderator from your grizzly explanation of body parts selectively removed, by what means and in which order.)

I was pointing out what would happen in a private society if 30yr olds were trying to get with 16yr olds or younger.

You mean, like in a libertarian society?

"Not what I said at all, and you flat out said you agreed with pedophilia, such as in your childhood fantasy that you keep bringing up over and over, so how exactly do I have it wrong?"

Again, your psychotic mind places any movement from your personal standards into full-blown pedophilia. There is nothing to do to stop you from your wild-eyed delusions. They are innate in your psychological makeup. I've tried time and again to point this out to you but--like any psychiatric disorder--you refuse to consciously absorb it. So again and again we get into the daisy chain of you calling us pedophiles implying advocating sex with kids of any age under any condition and us having to repeat ourselves to correct your libels over and over.
    Last edited by caracoid; 03-28-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Where does Freeman say anything about "not agreeing with a particular solution to a particular problem?"
    Are you serious? I pointed out that he came up with a solution to a problem for parking meters. I asked you for a stateless solution to something that Germany doesn't even consider a crime. Hmmm...since this is such a priority for you what are you going to do about 14 year olds having sex with adults in Germany? Or are you only looking for a cheap excuse to bitch at Ian?

I'm taking issue with the fact that he prioritizes parking meters (the general principle of those things, by the way, is probably not going away in a stateless society) over calling out child molesters.
    1) Just because something isn't "going away" doesn't mean you shouldn't do something constructive to alleviate it.
    2) Considering that in 2016 Germany, an adult who has sex with a 14 year old isn't a "child molester", it's silly of you to attack Ian on that point unless you are doing something about Germany.

Age of consent laws are imperfect solutions to a thorny issue. The government is guilty of essentially offending the individual by defining minimum ages for people interested in having sex, where the intent of these definitions is the prevention of mentally-scarring repercussions to a minor because said minor is unable to fully consent at the time of the sexual experience and/or unable to revoke consent once the act has begun because of brain-chemistry related factors. If one accepts that the minor is statistically more likely to emerge with a negative experience that impacts them for the rest of their natural lives, robbing them of self-agency that might otherwise had been afforded to them, versus waiting a couple more years and emerging from it relatively unscathed, does the end result justify the means required to achieve it? Defenders of AOC laws might reasonably say yes - the laws aren't about denying people autonomy, and they certainly don't make sex between adults any more prohibited. The law is designed to regulate the patience of children, young adults, and adults, and the time they spend waiting will pale in comparison to the time they spend making up for it. That's how the general defense of AOC laws reads, and although I don't believe it is necessary for the state to enforce such a law, it's a reasonably good one. It's not the hill I would choose to die on as an anarchist.
    Gee. You're sounding like Ian now.

Right, families used to marry their daughters off as soon as they got their periods (that would mean as early as 10 years old nowadays). 12-year old moms used to barely live through childbirth. What's your point?
    14 year olds can legally have sex and marry off in Germany now. So...what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    I'm pretty open-minded...but I draw the line at underage sex with boiling cats...

"The Patriarch"

Are you serious? I pointed out that he came up with a solution to a problem for parking meters. I asked you for a stateless solution to something that Germany doesn't even consider a crime. Hmmm...since this is such a priority for you what are you going to do about 14 year olds having sex with adults in Germany? Or are you only looking for a cheap excuse to bitch at Ian?

1) Just because something isn't "going away" doesn't mean you shouldn't do something constructive to alleviate it.
    2) Considering that in 2016 Germany, an adult who has sex with a 14 year old isn't a "child molester", it's silly of you to attack Ian on that point unless you are doing something about Germany.

Gee. You're sounding like Ian now.

14 year olds can legally have sex and marry off in Germany now. So...what's your point?
    Actually, in Germany the full AOC for all sexual activity is eighteen. Fourteen and fifteen year-olds can consent to sexual activity, but if their partner is over 21, the standard assumption (decided on a case-by-case basis) is that the adult is exploiting the minor's lack of maturity - which happens to be a crime in Germany. 16 and 17-year olds can only consent to sexual activity if it doesn't involve prostitution or porn. Any sex with relatives, teachers, therapists, etc. is also a crime at these ages because of the obvious power dynamic.

Like I've said earlier - I have no problem with kids having sex with partners reasonably close in age (within a few years). The FSP situation where a gaggle of dudes who are 30+ years old are talking about banging a 15-year old on a radio show - bad press.

Apparently it's too difficult for these guys to disavow talking about having sex with children and teenagers. The first question should have been "Why the f**k are a group of adult men talking about a f**king 15 year old girl on a radio show?" Like, isn't that a warning flag right there? No one's talking about "stateless solutions" to anything - but a form of vigilance to keep people with odious views from poisoning the well. Basic PR strategy. You want to know part of the reason why libertarians very rarely enjoy electoral success? Because even the greenest politician knows you should probably avoid using "6/10/15 year old" and "sex" in the same sentence. The same applies for just talking to people about libertarianism outside of a voting/explicitly political context.
    Last edited by Rothbardian Girl; 03-28-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Yep, him and Slutter make a good pair.
    "The Patriarch"

Has anyone actually said that it should be legal to have sex with a 6 year old, or is this just a massive strawman? So far I havent seen anyone say it. Tod Evans seems to think the solution is effectively vigilantism, which I don't think is the ideal or moral solution, but that's still not the same thing as putting up with it.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Has anyone actually said that it should be legal to have sex with a 6 year old, or is this just a massive strawman? So far I havent seen anyone say it. Tod Evans seems to think the solution is effectively vigilantism, which I don't think is the ideal or moral solution, but that's still not the same thing as putting up with it.
    Yes, there are statements to this effect floating around Facebook (and other websites).

Actually, in Germany the full AOC for all sexual activity is eighteen. Fourteen and fifteen year-olds can consent to sexual activity, but if their partner is over 21, the standard assumption (decided on a case-by-case basis) is that the adult is exploiting the minor's lack of maturity - which happens to be a crime in Germany. 16 and 17-year olds can only consent to sexual activity if it doesn't involve prostitution or porn. Any sex with relatives, teachers, therapists, etc. is also a crime at these ages because of the obvious power dynamic.

Like I've said earlier - I have no problem with kids having sex with partners reasonably close in age (within a few years). The FSP situation where a gaggle of dudes who are 30+ years old are talking about banging a 15-year old on a radio show - bad press.
    You can really get some valuable information on RPFs.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast