Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Court hears case over gay wedding cake

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Q U E E R S stick together.

Judge Swamp exposed himself as deepstate over Russiagate, I won't be surprised if he goes full statist now.
    He'll do what he needs to so that he appears neutral enough to get approved by congress for his Supreme Court nomination.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He'll do what he needs to so that he appears neutral enough to get approved by congress for his Supreme Court nomination.
    He has gone far beyond that, I will be severely disappointed if DJTvsg nominates him for anything, he would turn into another Republican nominated justice that flips to voting psychotic liberal.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_for_liberty View Post
    What happened to the Judge?
    "I think it's a dangerous ruling"
    Dangerous isn't always a bad thing.

Yep, finally some good news.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

He has gone far beyond that, I will be severely disappointed if DJTvsg nominates him for anything, he would turn into another Republican nominated justice that flips to voting psychotic liberal.
    That is completely ridiculous. I know you haven't been here long, but the Judge has been a staple around here for over a decade and I think it's only been in the last year that I have seen anything that I wasn't on board with.. and I know why he is doing it. If he was "The Judge" on these recent issues then he wouldn't get approved after his nomination. Now he gets to appear neutral. It all started happening after his talks with Trump. It makes perfect sense. He knows he is on deck, so he is playing his swamp cards.

Trump isn't the only one who got a 4D chess set for Christmas a couple years ago.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That is completely ridiculous. I know you haven't been here long, but the Judge has been a staple around here for over a decade and I think it's only been in the last year that I have seen anything that I wasn't on board with.. and I know why he is doing it. If he was "The Judge" on these recent issues then he wouldn't get approved after his nomination. Now he gets to appear neutral. It all started happening after his talks with Trump. It makes perfect sense. He knows he is on deck, so he is playing his swamp cards.

Trump isn't the only one who got a 4D chess set for Christmas a couple years ago.
    Where can you buy it?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He is going too far, he was either a deep sleeper or he sold out.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Deep sleeper. He got a good deal for himself and the kids.

Adding the Judge to the bench would make Gorsuch look like RBG

Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    Adding the Judge to the bench would make Gorsuch look like RBG
    Or make RBG look like Gorsuch.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm with Bob Murphy on the cake issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm with Bob Murphy on the cake issue.

Too try-hard to be neutral. Uggh. Such a problem. Some libertarians try so, so hard to be equally opposed to both left and right. That way I guess they can feel more aloof from it all. Superior.

Guys, pick a side. Leave the platonic world of isoceles triangles. Stick your neck out. Get your hands dirty.

If one cares about actually getting a free society, one should obviously take Roseanne's side against the Lying, Stinking Media. Strongly. In fact, having your country's entire media become subsumed into a united propaganda operation, owned and controlled by a tiny group of evil men, all of one small ethnic group, using advanced cognitive manipulation tricks with no qualms nor limits, is such a distressing and disastrous situation that it is imperative to bend every effort to opposing the Propo-masters and bringing down this enslavement-promotion system. Else liberty cannot long survive. Obviously. I shouldn't even have to be writing this stuff, it's so obvious.

Enslavement Promotion Matrix = Bad. You don't defend anything they do. You don't talk about how they've got free speech or other rights. You don't, in fact, paint them as decent fellow humans in any way. They sure don't paint you and me as humans. Think about that. In this communication war to destroy their system or to destroy liberty, if they're smart, and we're stupid, they win. Come on! They already have every advantage:

they control 1 trillion dollars worth of assets,
    we have basically zip;
    they own and control every television station, newspaper, movie studio, university, and other opinion-making nexus in the country, as well as Google and Facebook,
    we have, umm.... umm.... Liberty Magazine?

Ya don't fight fire with kazoos and pom-poms.

Statement in favor of the Heroic Baker Hero ought to be a lot stronger, too. This guy stood up for God and Family, Faith and Country, he took on the Globohomo hegemon without fear, never flinching. And like for instance Ron Paul, he is a good, upstanding man of fine character, who took the time to raise good children, who has quietly led exemplary life.

He is someone we can look up to and hold up as an example of how to live. He is doing his part to save civilization.

NO.

The Judge is saying that the premise of the ruling is not correct and is in fact against real liberty.

Ron Paul said the same thing:

Government Should Leave Bakers Alone
    By Ron Paul
    Ron Paul Institute
    December 12, 2017

Instead of considering whether Colorado has violated the bakery’s rights of property and contract, the Supreme Court is considering whether Colorado’s actions violate the bakery’s religious liberty. The argument for a religious liberty violation is based on the fact that the bakery owner’s refusal to bake the cake was rooted in his religious objection to same-sex marriage. Looking just at this argument means that a victory for the bakery would implicitly accept the legitimacy of laws dictating to whom private businesses must provide services, as long as an exemption is made for those with religious objections. This reduces property and contract rights to special privileges held by business owners with “sincere religious convictions.” It also allows judges, bureaucrats, and politicians to determine who is really acting on sincere religious convictions.

Just as business owners have the right to decide who to do business with, individuals have the right to form any arrangement they wish as long as they do not engage in force or fraud. This includes entering into what many consider unconventional or even immoral marriage contracts. What no individual has the right to do is use government to force others to accept his definition of marriage.

Even if the bakery wins in the Masterpiece Cakeshop case, its victory will only protect those businesses acting on a “sincere religious conviction.” Those who oppose forcing bakers to bake cakes and who support private business owners’ right to decide who to accept as customers should work to restore respect for everyone’s rights.
    There is no spoon.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The Judge is saying that the premise of the ruling is not correct and is in fact against real liberty.
    Maybe he is saying that. If so, it is somewhere, quietly, to himself. He is certainly not saying that in public. But he may be saying it somewhere. I'm not saying you're wrong.

What about the original ruling?

NO.

Ron Paul said the same thing:
    What universe are you living in?
    Judge Swamp said it was a dangerous ruling because it might lead to business owners getting to decide who they wanted to do business with.

Before the election when he thought Hitlery would win he said she would be master and commander of the DOJ and could pardon herself, now DJTvsg is in office he has gone full Russiagate and claims Trump obstructed justice by firing Comey.

He was either a deep sleeper agent all along or he sold out.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Judge Swamp said it was a dangerous ruling because it might lead to business owners getting to decide who they wanted to do business with.
    What universe are YOU living in?

The Judge said it was a dangerous ruling because it might lead to business owners getting to decide who they wanted to do business with BASED ON RELIGIOUS BELIEFS and not freedom of action.

The 1st Amendment says that Congress shall make NO LAW concerning religion- this ruling opens a flood gate of danger as the court is now meddling in an area that it has absolutely no jurisdiction. Soon they will be deciding what constitutes a religion and what does not.

Before the election when he thought Hitlery would win he said she would be master and commander of the DOJ and could pardon herself, now DJTvsg is in office he has gone full Russiagate and claims Trump obstructed justice by firing Comey.

He was either a deep sleeper agent all along or he sold out.
    My only issue with the Judge was when he supported Trump and believed him. He is now much clearer on that issue.
    There is no spoon.

The Judge said it was a dangerous ruling because it might lead to business owners getting to decide who they wanted to do business with BASED ON RELIGIOUS BELIEFS and not freedom of action.

The 1st Amendment says that Congress shall make NO LAW concerning religion- this ruling opens a flood gate of danger as the court is now meddling in an area that it has absolutely no jurisdiction. Soon they will be deciding what constitutes a religion and what does not.
    Italians are a religion?

Why is having freedom of religion worse than not having it?

My only issue with the Judge was when he supported Trump and believed him. He is now much clearer on that issue.
    Thank you for clarifying that you are fine with Judge Swamp supporting Hitlery.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 06-05-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Italians are a religion?

Why is having freedom of religion worse than not having it?

Thank you for clarifying that you are fine with Judge Swamp supporting Hitlery.
    Thank you for clarifying that you don't know a thing about freedom.

Again from Ron Paul:

Instead of considering whether Colorado has violated the bakery’s rights of property and contract, the Supreme Court is considering whether Colorado’s actions violate the bakery’s religious liberty. The argument for a religious liberty violation is based on the fact that the bakery owner’s refusal to bake the cake was rooted in his religious objection to same-sex marriage. Looking just at this argument means that a victory for the bakery would implicitly accept the legitimacy of laws dictating to whom private businesses must provide services, as long as an exemption is made for those with religious objections. This reduces property and contract rights to special privileges held by business owners with “sincere religious convictions.” It also allows judges, bureaucrats, and politicians to determine who is really acting on sincere religious convictions.
    ^^^THIS^^^ is very dangerous.
    There is no spoon.

Has anyone seen Ender and Zippy together?

Again from Ron Paul:

^^^THIS^^^ is very dangerous.
    You apparently know nothing about freedom, if I can't act on my religion at all I am less free than if I can whether the government decides to not recognize some religions or not, this is not perfect but it is a step in the right direction, if they had ruled the other way they would have said that nobody is ever allowed to act on their religion ever.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You apparently know nothing about freedom,

"Ahem. Umm, I'd like to ask..."

In conclusion: Nope!

You apparently know nothing about freedom, if I can't act on my religion at all I am less free than if I can whether the government decides to not recognize some religions or not, this is not perfect but it is a step in the right direction, if they had ruled the other way they would have said that nobody is ever allowed to act on their religion ever.
    Here is Ron Paul on this- maybe you should listen to him.

There is no spoon.

Here is Ron Paul on this- maybe you should listen to him.

Ron is saying the ruling didn't go far enough and he is right, Judge Swamp is saying it went too far.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron is saying the ruling didn't go far enough and he is right, Judge Swamp is saying it went too far.
    Maybe you should actually watch it.
    There is no spoon.

Maybe you should actually watch it.
    Maybe you should actually watch Judge Swamp.

Again from Ron Paul:

Ron is saying the ruling didn't go far enough.

Judge Swamp says it went too far, people might actually use it to decline service to people they don't want to serve, OH HORRORS! that's DANGEROUS!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Good thing Hillary didn't win. Otherwise the result would of been different.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Whee! I wanna Ride that Slide!

I think we all do here, though some may be more reserved about it.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234