Thread: Federal Workers Tell Us How It Feels To Be Shut Down

Federal Workers Tell Us How It Feels To Be Shut Down

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Zippyjuan, how ya hanging in there, champ?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

So now they know what it feels like to get laid off. Auto workers are often being laid off. It's part of the job.

Sorry not feeling sad for them one bit.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Good.

You miserable motherfuckers have put me out of business three times in my lifetime.

Hope ya $#@!ing starve, assenholes.

Seems I am feeling the pain about as much as AF and they never even put me out of business since I was never really licensed to be in business . If I got a license , next thing ya know I would have to buy business cards . Too much commitment for me All I could ever talk myself into was getting married and buying a house and I did not do those sober.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hear govt statistics say unemployment levels are at an all time low, guess they shouldn't have a big problem finding honest work.

I do not like to see people caught in the middle this way. Nancy Pelosi spent a holiday in Hawaii, and a 30 Democratic members of Congress and their families are being wined and dined in Puerto Rico this week.

Congress needs to be furloughed without pay and without back pay as long as they let this continue.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I do not like to see people caught in the middle this way. Nancy Pelosi spent a holiday in Hawaii, and a 30 Democratic members of Congress and their families are being wined and dined in Puerto Rico this week.

Congress needs to be furloughed without pay and without back pay as long as they let this continue.
    It's only 'fair.'

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I do not like to see people caught in the middle this way.
    I feast upon their sorrow.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Hopefully they will get bored with just sitting around and put their skills to use in a field that will be productive.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

It’s great to see the IRS get a taste of it’s own medicine! The American public will decide there is no fear in not complying and as Irwin Schiff once said “its going to collapse eventually and don’t be the last person in your block to stop filing and paying income taxes.

So whats the deal with this thing being bandied about that after a 30day govt shutdown, it makes it easy to fire/lay off federal workers?

Maybe save for a rainy day.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would rather hear how it feels to lose Federal Jobs, we can easily live with
    80% of them being eliminated, and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good.

You miserable motherfuckers have put me out of business three times in my lifetime.

Hope ya $#@!ing starve, assenholes.
    I know how you feel AF. The Feds are going after my savings, they suck.