Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump warns 'lot of' refugees to U.S. 'are ISIS'

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    and please tell me how i did that?

Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    you get a satisfaction from arguing on the internet or something?

• No rude, disruptive or disorderly behavior, including excessive low-value posting.
    • No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
    • Do not make accusations, declarations on others' character, question their motives, be judgmental, assign them to a group or make any other negative personal commentary of members.
    • Posts should respect the intent and desires of the Topic Starter.
    • All criticism or opposition must follow the Functional Debate Principles.

Good enough? Or naw.

Normally, I wouldn't even take issue with such silliness, but, respectfully, you haven't been around here long enough to push your chest out like that, friend.

I'll assume that we're finished here. Good day.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-30-2016 at 09:16 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    What is there to say... It is a fact that some refugees have turned out to be terrorists. The vast majority, is not. Trump is pandering to a state of mind that I do not appreciate.
    I even wonder about those "some" refugees. Set ups? False flags? Scare the populace for more more war?
    There is no spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I even wonder about those "some" refugees. Set ups? False flags? Scare the populace for more more war?
    I'm not one to typically discuss that sort of thing (false flags) but I do wonder about this. I wouldn't go so far as another war abroad, though. More like war on us. In the name of tighter border rules for unity and safety, no less. If something bad does happen, and I hope it doesn't, the circumstances, I think, will likely align with Trump's dialogue/context there in the op.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-30-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    US has accepted less than 1,000 Syrian refugees. That means that over 1,000% of them are terrorist
    This statement is moronic. "a lot" ≠ exactly 10,000.

The actual statement:
    “[T]hey’re letting tens of thousands of people come in from Syria, and nobody knows who those people are, and lot of those people are ISIS.”
    The 10,000 refers to refugees, not to terrorists.

For 2016, as of May 10, Washington has admitted 1,737 refugees from Syria for the year. However Obama has set a goal to bring in a total of 10,000 refugees from Syria for 2016.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 06-30-2016 at 09:14 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I don't think so. I think it's just a natural consequence of a failed migration policy. More so in the EU than in the US. You don't need false flags when you've got a playground in the Middle-East where thousands of actual terrorists do whatever the $#@! they want. You can however have a discussion on who caused this problem in the first place and if it was intentional or a major snafu.
    "I am a bird"

I can't afford to pay for any more of governments programs.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I can't afford to pay for any more of governments programs.

Simple answer: stop government programs.

Maybe that's too simple?

Oh, hey, luctor, you're in Europe, right? What's going on with Schengenand border code over there? Are they scrapping it or what? Are they still talking about doing that? Seems they were proclaiming 'Exceptional circumstances." A crises of opportunity coinkydink of sort as a result of their refugee crisis.

Per here - http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs...roposal_en.pdf

Reason I ask is because Trump is essentially echoing the same narrative.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-30-2016 at 09:41 AM.

I'm sure a few are. A few of any large group will statistically always be bad. Typical Trump exaggeration. Keep calm and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    This statement is moronic. "a lot" ≠ exactly 10,000.

The actual statement:
    “[T]hey’re letting tens of thousands of people come in from Syria, and nobody knows who those people are, and lot of those people are ISIS.”
    The 10,000 refers to refugees, not to terrorists.

For 2016, as of May 10, Washington has admitted 1,737 refugees from Syria for the year. However Obama has set a goal to bring in a total of 10,000 refugees from Syria for 2016.
    Thread merge fail. The threads I posted in was entitled 10's of thousands of terrorist.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Simple answer: stop government programs.

Maybe that's too simple?
    That's perfect for a simple-minded fellow like me...

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Thread merge fail. The threads I posted in was entitled 10's of thousands of terrorist.
    That's the way the software deals with merges. CPUd's thread was posted first....when merges happen, the later thread gets merged into the earlier thread and assumes the title of the earlier one.

Headline" Are ISIS"- actual quote- "could be ISIS" meaning he has no clue.

Background checking process on immigrants takes about two years.

WASHINGTON — Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson says he believes the government will meet its goal of resettling 10,000 Syrian refugees this year.

Johnson tells the Senate Judiciary Committee that approximately 5,000 refugees have been approved for settlement, and an additional 5,000 to 6,000 have been conditionally approved, pending security checks.

The Obama administration decided last year to sharply increase the number of Syrian refugees taken into the United States. That decision was hotly opposed by congressional Republicans who warned that it could let terrorists into the country.

The House passed legislation in the wake of the Paris attacks last fall to increase screening of Syrian refugees, but the Senate didn’t follow suit.

Syria’s civil war has produced a refugee crisis.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-30-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic