Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neocon Panic Attack! What If Ron Paul Becomes Trump's Secretary of State?

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Personally I want that 10% THIS election cycle.
    As do I.

Problem is that I know Trump won't move the ball in the right direction on any issue and will instead actually move us significantly backwards in many respects. There probably were a couple people running this cycle who could have done this but Trump is not one of them.

All the Trump people can possibly do now is call any former RP supporter who doesn't support Trump, "cultists" and "purists". At the same time they cannot articulate a single issue in which Trump will move us in the right direction without resorting to misrepresentations, lies, intellectual dishonesty, or contradictory statements from Trump. In the end they always argue with emotion, allowing Trump to represent any fantasy they choose. The moment you point out a lie and prove it, all you hear is crickets from these people.

So explain to me how my choosing to not support Trump is a result of my supposed "purity" when I've just told you that I would happily support a candidate who would move us in the right direction?

In truth, the blanket accusation that we're purists and cultists is just a weak technique designed to shut down our dissent because that's all Trump supporters have left. The facts do not coincide with their fantastical reality. Their lies are easily revealed, their agenda's obvious, and their logic flawed.
    Last edited by fcreature; 05-05-2016 at 11:20 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You lose all credibility when you do this since there are about a dozen policy points that have been posted repeatedly here that overlap with the positions of Rand/or Ron.
    Pro Iraq War
    Pro Libya War
    Pro Fed money printing
    Pro bank bailouts
    Pro auto company bailouts
    Pro Obama stimulus
    Pro tax increases
    Pro raising the minimum wage
    Pro PATRIOT ACT
    Pro NSA Spying
    Pro torture
    Pro partial birth abortion
    Pro gun control
    Pro eminent domain

....which of those policies overlap with Ron/Rand's views?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    ...All the more reason why I wish that Ron and/or Rand would try to meet with him [Trump]. Because I do think he means well, but could use some input. I don't think he understands the unintended consequences of a couple of things...

The idea that Trump would listen to anyone else's counsel--let alone that of either Ron or Rand, both of whom Trump has openly attacked and ridiculed--is absurd.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

@fcreature
    In truth, the blanket accusation that we're purists and cultists is just a weak technique designed to shut down our dissent
    I disagree with the "cultists" moniker for sure, some were loyal to the general concept of liberty before 2008 and Ron became well known, so they were purists before Ron, it's all good.
    The fact is we live in an unpredictable political climate, I personally think Trump can accomplish 10% of the goals I would like to see move forward, and maybe the next guy can take the next step, the next 10%, it is going to be a very slow process. One part of this 10%, is the GOP establishment that defeated Ron, have themselves been defeated, look at Romney & McCain and the "3" Bush's their political say/worth in 2016 is zero, that IS progress.

Trump did that.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Now the terrists won't take our freedom, we will!

Trump would probably pick John Bolton.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

@fcreature

I disagree with the "cultists" moniker for sure, some were loyal to the general concept of liberty before 2008 and Ron became well known, so they were purists before Ron, it's all good.
    The fact is we live in an unpredictable political climate, I personally think Trump can accomplish 10% of the goals I would like to see move forward, and maybe the next guy can take the next step, the next 10%, it is going to be a very slow process. One part of this 10%, is the GOP establishment that defeated Ron, have themselves been defeated, look at Romney & McCain and the "3" Bush's their political say/worth in 2016 is zero, that IS progress.

Trump did that.
    Yea he did all that. The perfect is the ennemy of good. Erowe and all those Trump blind bashers are actually putting me off. I would never want those kind of extremists close to power.
    As you correctly noticed, those Reddit comments show what the majority of Ron Paul supporters feel. Its exactly what I felt when I saw everyone attack Trump. I thought wow. Its like Ron Paul all over again. . That cemented my support for Trump. And yea its a Cult. Ron Paul can have some stupid ideas and they follow him blindly. Ron Paul bashing Trump is stupid and senile. It doesn't bring anything positive.

5 negs / 5 reps lol

Because trump is one of the lead funders of SJW's for the last two decades.
    Doc Liberty sez: Take 2 Thorazine and call me in the morning

Most REPs were made because of the negative attitude of Trump Bashers. thx!

@fcreature

Trump did that.
    There you go again, crediting Trump for something that was already done. Nobody wanted Jeb Bush. Literally
    "The Patriarch"

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    There you go again, crediting Trump for something that was already done. Nobody wanted Jeb Bush. Literally
    Credible statement? That's why I'm suspicious of the knee jerk Trump Bashers. They act like liberals.

100 millions $ disagree with you
    Romney pulled from the race because Jeb had so much money.
    Summer Polls had Jeb in first place until Trump knock him out with his low energy comments.

Trump did that. Swallow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Because trump is one of the lead funders of SJW's for the last two decades.
    Doc Liberty sez: Take 2 Thorazine and call me in the morning
    Well, that's a little misdirected. Please allow me to bash - Paleocon dreamgirl trump has given most of his political contributions to democrat SJW's - Charlie Rangel ($24,750), Harry Reid ($10,400 almost half of which was expressly to defeat Sharon Angle), Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee ($116,000), Frank Lautenberg ($12,000), Chuck Schumer ($4,000), Kirsten Gillebrand ($5,850) etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc..

Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Credible statement? That's why I'm suspicious of the knee jerk Trump Bashers. They act like liberals.

100 millions $ disagree with you
    Romney pulled from the race because Jeb had so much money.
    Summer Polls had Jeb in first place until Trump knock him out with his low energy comments.

Trump did that. Swallow it.
    Are you seriously trying to label Originalist a "liberal" because he won't support your pet pro-abortion, pro-common-core, anti-gun, pro-eminent-domain, tax raising, big government, immoral, anti-liberty buffoon?

LMAO really? Really??

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No one wanted Romney, either and he won the nomination.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Are you seriously trying to label Originalist a "liberal" because he won't support your pet pro-abortion, pro-common-core, anti-gun, pro-eminent-domain, tax raising, big government, immoral, anti-liberty buffoon?

LMAO really? Really??
    Trump is not pro-abortion, neither is he pro Common Core. And yes I know he used to be pro-abortion in the past.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Trump: I would change GOP platform on abortion

By David Wright, CNN

Updated 11:07 AM ET, Thu April 21, 2016

(CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday he would change the Republican Party platform's position on abortion to include exceptions for rape, incest and the life of the mother.

Trump made the remarks during a town hall on the "Today" show on NBC on Thursday morning when host Savannah Guthrie asked him about abortion exceptions.

"The Republican platform every four years has a provision that states that the right of the unborn child should not be infringed," Guthrie said. "And it makes no exceptions for rape, for incest, for the life of the mother. Would you want to change the Republican platform to include the (abortion) exceptions that you have?"

"Yes, I would. Yes, I would. Absolutely," Trump said. "For the three exceptions, I would."

Currently, the Republican platform abortion policy reads: "We assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed."

While the official party platform doesn't explicitly outline or endorse any abortion exceptions, GOP presidential candidates in the past have supported them, including Mitt Romney, John McCain and both Bush presidents.

Among Trump's remaining GOP presidential rivals, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has said he opposes exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother, while Ohio Gov. John Kasich has said he supports them.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politi...form-abortion/

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    No one wanted Romney, either and he won the nomination.
    And how did that work out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

LMAO really? Really??
    We were talking about Trump and Jeb Bush specifically. Your post just shows the kind of behaviors Liberals exhibit when arguing. Bad faith and cognitive dissonance among them.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123