Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I Pledge Allegiance to the Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If they are going to intervene they should, it is a separate question whether they should consider intervening or not but there would be a better argument for them than for a state.
    So they should do a cost-benefit analysis in deciding whether to intervene?

Because the state will damage its own people as well as the targeted country, private volunteers will not.
    Right, mercenaries cannot - as a matter of physics - harm anyone.

In considering whether to send mercenaries into an area, it would be outrageous to do a cost-benefit analysis.

That would be tyranny.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So they should do a cost-benefit analysis in deciding whether to intervene?
    If it is determined that they should even consider intervening.

Right, mercenaries cannot - as a matter of physics - harm anyone.
    They will do harm to their target, they will not harm their own people as the government would.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If it is determined that they should even consider intervening.
    And how's that determined? Coin flip?

And how's that determined? Coin flip?
    Philosophical debate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes it does, and I have many times.

Long ago this government lost my consent.

Which is why we must peaceably separate, before war breaks out and God knows how many millions die.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
    I have lost what little hope I had in correcting the Federal Beast,,

I do retain hope for pockets of Liberty to remain,, in various and wide spread places.

Economic Collapse,, Civil War...or Natural Disaster.. Any would have the same result.

I am in favor of the Yellowstone Caldera.. as it has a divine judgement aspect.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have lost what little hope I had in correcting the Federal Beast,,

I do retain hope for pockets of Liberty to remain,, in various and wide spread places.

Economic Collapse,, Civil War...or Natural Disaster.. Any would have the same result.

I am in favor of the Yellowstone Caldera.. as it has a divine judgement aspect.
    No pockets will remain if the invaders are allowed to come in unlimited numbers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No pockets will remain if the invaders are allowed to come in unlimited numbers.
    Ye of little Faith.

There is always a Remnant.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Ye of little Faith.

There is always a Remnant.
    I have faith, faith that GOD will help us to stop the invasion.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, SS already addressed this.

Import collectivist statists, get more statism.
    Because leftists and leftarians suffer from xenophilia, they have an overpowering desire to import the foreign whether it makes any sense or not.
    Can someone tell me who is doing all this importing? Is it GM? Chiquita? Vandelay Inustries?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

From what I have seen there is an irrational love of foreigners as well as an irrational hatred of their own countrymen, many of them actually want the foreigners to destroy their countrymen for them.
    This is ridiculous; everyone who disagrees with how you want to do things isn't just dumb or hateful. Is this really the level of discourse and logic we are going to accept?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Can someone tell me who is doing all this importing? Is it GM? Chiquita? Vandelay Inustries?
    Catholic Charities.

Soros funded one world groups.

Koch Bros. and various open border groups they fund.

The US government.

All of these entities, and more fund, promote and facilitate massive immigration, both legal and illegal.

Their reasoning varies, depending on who you ask: some want cheap labor for business and industry, some do it out of religious zealotry, some do it to overturn, replace and displace the existing population and it's institutions and traditions, which they hate. There are other, lesser reasons, but those are the biggies.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Nobody disputes it when it happens inter-state, when places like Austin get "Californicated" for instance.
    It's not a hard concept to grasp.

It's a hard concept to accept. Doing so requires a person to throw his philosophical arguments against the wall of reality to see what will stick, and it is downright frightening to confront the very real possibility that they won't. People can build some pretty damned strong intellectual bunkers when their ideas are threatened.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-07-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    This is ridiculous; everyone who disagrees with how you want to do things isn't just dumb or hateful. Is this really the level of discourse and logic we are going to accept?
    Did I say everyone?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789