Thread: NC Elections board refuses to certify NC-9 Congressional results - vote fraud

NC Elections board refuses to certify NC-9 Congressional results - vote fraud

This is becoming interesting! Allegations of major (and frankly terrible) vote fraud made against GOP operatives.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/sw...dled/880454598

BLADEN COUNTY, N.C. - The North Carolina Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement has voted to hold an evidentiary hearing to address irregularities in the U.S. House District 9 race.

State election officials voted 7-2 Friday to hold the hearing on or before Dec. 21.

The vice chair of the bipartisan board made the motion, calling for officials to look at absentee by-mail ballots and potentially other matters in the district that stretches from Charlotte to Bladen County.

moreatlink
    https://splinternews.com/republican-...ots-1830778885

The Post has more detail on those allegations today, and they’re absolutely shocking. From the Post:

The board is collecting sworn statements from voters in rural Bladen County, near the South Carolina border, who described people coming to their doors and urging them to hand over their absentee ballots, sometimes without filling them out. Others described receiving absentee ballots by mail that they had not requested. It is illegal to take someone else’s ballot and turn it in.

Among the allegations is that an individual who worked for the Harris campaign coordinated the effort to fill in, or discard, the ballots of Democratic voters who might have otherwise voted for McCready. Several of the affidavits come from elderly African-American voters.

moreatlink
    I've maintained for a long time that absentee ballots/early voting is where most election rigging and fraud takes place. It needs to be done away with.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ALL allegations of fraud should be investigated, somehow this doesn't happen with Demoncrat voter fraud.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is a Demoncrat lie to try and steal another seat.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ALL allegations of fraud should be investigated, somehow this doesn't happen with Demoncrat voter fraud.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is a Demoncrat lie to try and steal another seat.
    Maybe take some time to actually read the articles and research into the findings before you predictably spring into hyper partisan mode. The statistics of the absentee votes in the mentioned county defy reason.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Maybe take some time to actually read the articles and research into the findings before you predictably spring into hyper partisan mode. The statistics of the absentee votes in the mentioned county defy reason.
    I'm not being hyper partisan:
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

From your second article:

Mark Harris released a statement Friday:
    “Today, after meeting behind closed doors for almost three hours, the State Board of Elections not only refused to certify our election results, but again refused to provide any details to the public as to what exactly is being investigated. They also chose to move forward with a hearing on a locally-certified election result that is almost a month old, despite there being no statutorily-required formal protest in either my race or the local race. Make no mistake, I support any efforts to investigate allegations of irregularities and/or voter fraud, as long as it is fair and focuses on all political parties. But to date, there is absolutely no public evidence that there are enough ballots in question to affect the outcome of this race. Accordingly, the Board should act immediately to certify the race while continuing to conduct their investigation. Anything else is a disservice to the people of the 9th District.
    This afternoon, we have filed an intervening motion in state court to request an extension of the stay that would change the current State Board. They should be required to stay in existence and certify this election so as not to disenfranchise the voters of the 9th District.”
    Dan McCready released a statement Thursday night:
    "As you know, the North Carolina State Board of Elections voted unanimously this week to delay the certification of our election results in NC's 9th district due to allegations of fraud and irregularities.
    “I support the bipartisan board's decision and its efforts to ensure our elections are fair and every voice is heard.
    “Today's news reports of the serious allegations in Bladen County are troubling. We cannot allow anyone to tamper with our elections or sabotage our electoral process. I stand with voters all across the 9th district in wanting to make sure any wrongdoing is investigated and prosecuted regardless of the outcome of the election.
    “We must do everything we can to protect the integrity of our ballots and sanctity of our elections because our democracy depends on it. I am confident the State Board of Elections will take the right course of action by holding a full public evidentiary hearing before certifying the election.”
    The NC GOP also released a statement Thursday night:
    "The North Carolina State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement has a legal and moral duty to certify Congressman-Elect Mark Harris' winning bid for Congress on Friday. If not, immediate court action will follow.
    "There are simply not enough absentee ballots in question to change the result. Mark Harris was elected to Congress. Mark Harris is going to Congress. Democrats don't get a do-over based on unverified rumors that were not even put in an official election protest as required by law.
    "We encourage all allegations of voter fraud to be investigated and prosecuted, and perpetrators should go to prison. However, Democrats are throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at the wall to try and steal an election. This madness must end tomorrow."
    The NC Democratic Party released a statement Thursday:
    “These allegations are serious and disturbing. If true, the people’s right to freely and fairly cast their votes was thoughtfully and deliberately undermined, casting a shadow over this election. These claims must be fully investigated by state and federal authorities, and a full public hearing conducted, before certification of the 9th Congressional District election."

The Republicans claim that there aren't enough ballots in question to change the outcome.
    I don't see anything about statistics of the absentee ballots.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's why I suggested researching into the issues raised, not just the articles linked to. It appears that both the Republican primary and the General suffered from nearly statistical impossibilities in absentee ballots, in favor of Harris.

https://twitter.com/jimmorrill/statu...nS6gC_ybA2uY8k

Womp womp
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The chairman of the North Carolina Board of Elections has resigned amid a growing investigation into possible election fraud that allegedly took place in this year's primary and general elections in the state's 9th Congressional District.
    Andy Penry, a Democrat appointed to the position by the state's Democratic Governor Roy Cooper, had been facing criticism from local Republican officials that he is biased, pointing to various Twitter posts that were critical of President Trump as evidence.
    Penry's Twitter account has been changed to private, but the Raleigh News & Observer, whose editorial board called on Penry to resign yesterday, cites an example where he referred to Trump as a "despicable human being."
    In a statement released Saturday, and first reported by the Washington Post, Penry says he will "not allow [himself] to be used an instrument of distraction in this investigation."
    "The investigation of criminal conduct and absentee voting fraud in the 2018 Republican primary and 2018 general election in Congressional District 9 is a matter of vital importance to our democracy," Penry wrote. "The investigation should be free of attempts at distraction and obstruction so that the truth can be revealed. I will not allow myself to be used as an instrument of distraction in this investigation. In the best interest of this investigation, and completely of my own accord, I resign from the North Carolina Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement, effective immediately."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/north-caro...010004222.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Looking more and more likely that an entire NC9 election do-over will be ordered. Crazy stuff.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...223046755.html

Weeks after winning the now-disputed 9th District congressional race, Charlotte Republican Mark Harris faces the daunting prospect of not only a new election but a new, wide-open GOP primary.

North Carolina lawmakers opened the door to two or even three new votes Wednesday when they passed a bill that would require a new primary if the election is ordered to be redone. Whether that happens depends on an ongoing investigation into election fraud that could prompt the state Board of Elections to order a new contest. more

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NC Board of Elections asked the Trump DOJ to investigate the vote fraudster at the center of this election fraud 2 years ago.

https://apnews.com/73c059acc31e4047a...4P3FxX_WS5TBQo

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina’s top elections official issued an urgent plea nearly two years ago for the Trump administration to file criminal charges against the man now at the center of ballot fraud allegations that have thrown a 2018 congressional race into turmoil.
    At the time, there was only an acting U.S. attorney in office. Later in 2017, Trump’s appointee arrived, but took no action to prosecute the matter. Instead, he assigned his staff to focus on a different priority — prosecuting a handful of non-citizens who had allegedly voted.

more

With Republicans' veto-proof majority ending in days, the North Carolina legislature on Thursday overrode the Democratic governor's veto of legislation that would keep campaign finance investigations confidential and allow the GOP to possibly dump their nominee in a still-undecided U.S. House race marred with ballot fraud allegations.The override would require new primaries as well as a general election in North Carolina's 9th Congressional District if the ongoing state elections board investigation into suspected ballot fraud forces new voting.

Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper said last week he vetoed the measure because it would also force the state elections board to keep its campaign finance investigations confidential and have a separate commission secretly review whether prosecutors are notified.
    "We know that we live in a period of time where the public is asking for its politicians to have an increased level of transparency. They want to know more about what goes on in our business than they ever have before," said Rep. Graig Meyer, an Orange County Democrat.
    Republican State Rep. Sarah Stevens countered that the legislation doesn't shield politicians any more than other criminal investigations that aren't disclosed until evidence supports charges.
    "People ought to be able to have the opportunity to offer their side before it simply is made public on someone's allegation," she said. "It's just about giving a little time to give everything a fair treatment. This is not about covering up something."
    After overriding the election bill and a second measure that reaffirms the ability of four Charlotte-area municipalities to run their own charter schools, the Republican-dominated General Assembly then closed its two-year session. The GOP holds veto-proof majorities in both chambers until Dec. 31.
    The election law's multiple provisions also ends a two-year power struggle between Cooper and GOP legislators over elections board control. In 2016, the Legislature voted to upend a law that for a century had given the governor and his or her political party the majority on local and state boards that oversee elections. Cooper sued and eventually won. The legislation largely returns elections, ethics enforcement and lobbyist reporting to how they were before Republican lawmakers changed them just before Cooper took office.
    Though the elections board investigates potential crimes involving election laws, it doesn't have the power to take a case to court and must instead provide its findings to federal or state prosecutors. They can elect to pursue criminal charges or drop a case, often without explanation.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-ove...-election.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NC Board of Elections to hold final hearing on NC-09 election on Monday Feb 18th-Wed 20th.

I'm hearing from very reliable sources that results will be explosive!!!! New election likely will be ordered. I can't share anything further specifically at this point but if the information is accurate.....

DONATE TO THE LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE IN THE RACE PLEASE! THE LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE, JEFF SCOTT, WILL LIKELY BE RUNNING HEAD-TO-HEAD AGAINST THE DEMOCRAT IN THE ELECTION RE-DO!!!

TO DONATE SEE LINK BELOW! CONTACT ME DIRECTLY VIA PM IF YOU CAN HELP WITH THE CAMPAIGN!
    http://lpmeck.org/jeff-scott/

NEW ELECTION IN NC-09 ORDERED DUE TO MUCH EVIDENCE OF HARRIS CAMPAIGN CORRUPTION! VERY POSSIBLE HARRIS WITHDRAWS ENTIRELY. THEN IT WOULD BE DEM VS LIBERTARIAN.

https://www.courthousenews.com/nc-re...ed-house-race/

RALEIGH, N.C. (CN) – The North Carolina Board of Elections voted unanimously Thursday to hold a new election for the still undecided 9th Congressional District race after the apparent Republican winner called for a redo in light of mounting evidence of an illegal absentee-ballot harvesting scheme. more

NEW ELECTION IN NC-09 ORDERED DUE TO MUCH EVIDENCE OF HARRIS CAMPAIGN CORRUPTION! VERY POSSIBLE HARRIS WITHDRAWS ENTIRELY. THEN IT WOULD BE DEM VS LIBERTARIAN.

So, ballot harvesting is illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    So, ballot harvesting is illegal?
    In NC, yes, very much so.

In NC, yes, very much so.
    Don't tell that to CA commies - What Is ‘Ballot Harvesting,’ and How Did California Dems Use It to Nuke the GOP?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Don't tell that to CA commies - What Is ‘Ballot Harvesting,’ and How Did California Dems Use It to Nuke the GOP?
    Yeah I'm amazed that is legal anywhere and this election demonstrates why. But I've said for a while that early voting and these absentee ballots and whatnot is where the most fraud is.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

They may have another Republican primary or let the Republican who lost run.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

^^^^^
    NC Statute don't provide for letting the primary loser run unless the nominee is disqualified by the Board itself or the irregularity/protest is pertaining to the primary. There was no protest regarding the primary and Harris hasn't been disqualified (yet, at least) so ordering completely new primaries and new general election isn't likely to happen by letter of the statutes (see updated below). A new general with the same names on the ballot is most likely outcome since the issue wasn't turned over to the House for resolution. Of course, if Harris withdraws, he will still be on the ballot but who really would vote for him any way? That's a major opportunity for the Libertarian candidate to work to win GOP votes. Should be interesting, regardless!

And yes, Mr. Scott needs campaign funding and anyone willing to help with the new campaign. I'll set up a Grassroots thread shortly for that.

--------------------
    (eta: the GOP state house passed legislation right before the session ended that could provide for a new primary. governor veto'ed it but it passed any way but is likely unconstitutional and could be challenged in court. if new primary is ordered, at this rate there won't be anyone seated until it's time to start campaigning for 2020! it's been a task trying to keep this whole thing straight.)
    Last edited by devil21; 02-21-2019 at 06:02 PM. Reason: edited with further info and corrections

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...77110592962560

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Here's the guy that the disgraced GOP candidate endorsed after dropping out of the new election. Way to change those Republican stereotypes! /s

He'll get those Dukes! lol

--------------
    NCSBE is going to release a new election schedule on March 4. The attorney for the Dem candidate hasn't yet officially stated whether he will challenge the statute passed at the last moment by the GOP controlled legislature that calls for a new primary.

The Libertarian candidate, Jeff Scott, has pledged to run a serious campaign and needs support. http://lpmeck.org/candidates/jeff-scott/
    Last edited by devil21; 03-03-2019 at 04:50 PM.

https://twitter.com/NewsBreaking/sta...66634303401984

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

McCready (D) has implied he won't challenge the new primary rule, even though it was plainly unconstitutional (ex post facto violation and gerrymandering grounds) and would have been struck down.

Looks like there will be TWO very good candidates in the re-do election! I'll update as both become official candidates.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-07-2019 at 01:41 PM.