Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Site policies on Trump support

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    You just think it doesn't.

Cruz and Hillary will spend the young people like Kleenex..
    Do you have proof that they will be any different than Trump? Or is that your speculation?
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    What gives you any reason to indicate that would be the case, given this from the OP: "The following will continue to be Acceptable within standard site limits for all candidates: - Election news on any candidate."

Please explain. Thanks!
    None. I'm asking the small cadre of anti-trump posters who insult me everytime I post anything in the news with Trump, and they do it to many others too, with the words like trumpeets, trump supporter, etc, to follow through on their reasoning.

I'm not a trump supporter, nor do I think that is what the rules mean. But you will see, if you read this thread and a number of others, that a couple of people that are not site moderators, have taken to interpreting rules to badger others. there's even a post misinterpreting something about copyright in the faq file - for crying out loud!!!

The posts aren't addressed to the site, but them, asking them to think through some of the things they've said, and why it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 03-20-2016 at 01:34 AM.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bryan again.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    It's ironic the candidate we can never speak of, is the candidate attempting to destroy the system put in place by Romney and the GOP to insure Ron Paul never made it to the nomination, and would have done the same to Rand, if Rand was close to the nomination. And will do the same to Rand in 2020, if Rand runs again.

I would think there would be balloons flying in here right now, not buffoons. Just remember this invisible man in 2020. Trump may be a dick, but we should be standing behind him to take down this machine.
    We can certainly work to take down the machine along with others who are doing the same thing but that does not mean that we have to support the larger campaign effort. The point is, the value in taking down the machine may not be worth the larger cost. Again, yes, we want it done but not if we end up with a worse outcome. See the OP for details.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Please explain. Who is burning their heads in sand?
    It was a joke, meant to get the same small crew of poster to think by asking them to suggest what new name we could give the 2016 election sub forum that would suit them.

Yes, I know the policy doesn't forbid posting news on the election - but they don't.

Personally, I liked "folks, it's over - see you in 2020" as sarcasm, but it could be serious too.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    People who merely wish to discuss the possibility of finally removing this diabolical entity from power by any means, (even if it means electing he who cannot be named) are persona non grata on a liberty forum.
    Where are you getting the notion that "merely wish to discuss" is not allowed, per the OP? Thanks.

The establishment has done a wicked con job on people's sensibilities, it's astonishing.
    I agree.

This is only my opinion (but it's true), and hopefully having stated it does not cross the threshold of what is deemed acceptable under the new guidelines.
    No, of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Openfire... Looking at your posted thread history, you maybe posted a couple threads a year or more ago, then showed up last month and have posted 15+ threads about Trump as well. You also seem to be obsessed with the guy. This can be seen here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=18037722

in case you need to see for you to believe it.
    Has it ever occurred to you that my state primary was two weeks ago, and it had nothing to do with trump?

You are so obsessed to see what isn't there, that you can't enjoy discussion, or let people enjoy it.

Openfire... Looking at your posted thread history, you maybe posted a couple threads a year or more ago, then showed up last month and have posted 15+ threads about Trump as well. You also seem to be obsessed with the guy. This can be seen here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=18037722

in case you need to see for you to believe it.
    And what does that tell you?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    I was here, your right there was no love for Romney even against Obama, it was fresh how he screwed over Ron Paul as well, that wasn't to be forgiven.
    This is different Hillary is way worse than Obama and as illustrated in RPF people have split into two camps; purists and the strategists.
    I admire the resolute and honorable nature of the purists taking the high road always, even if you lose every time, that's character.
    The strategists have a different ideology, and it's less honorable, but might win for once.
    And to be clear, our policy is not based on a purist approach, as specified in the OP.

And what does that tell you?
    You love Trump?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Well said. In-fact, I'm starting to question who does own this forum. It may not be the same people who created it. Hijacked by Glenn Beck, Mitt Romney ?
    I own the site, and have since 2013. I had been the #2 person since day one however.

In-fact, Bryan can you please delete my account? I can't find the option to do so.
    There is no way for users to delete accounts and this isn't something I will spend time to do. I will ban your account, however.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    So elect Hillary and find out what you're *not* worth.

She allowed an ambassador to die for her agenda.

You think she'll hesitate to do the same to you?
    So what's your point here?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You love Trump?
    said to open fire.

I'd guess his state primary was around that time too.

Any real trump supporter would have been posting the whole time

I hope any Trump supporters feel as uncomfortable posting here as would Romney, Hillary, Cruz, Rubio, Obama, etc... supporters. A lot of people don't like Liberty, but this is the Liberty Forest and non of the aforementioned belong.

We must stay vigilant to keep the brush fires of liberty aflame when there are so many dangerous egos trying to suck the oxygen from the room.

I hope any Trump supporters feel as uncomfortable posting here as would Romney, Hillary, Cruz, Rubio, Obama, etc... supporters. A lot of people don't like Liberty, but this is the Liberty Forest and non of the aforementioned belong.
    But I would hope that people who aren't Trump supporters don't get insulted and hounded like they are, and come away feeling like there isn't any more difference to you, than the same leftists tactics they are seeing on tv.

Furthermore, Ron Paul said to not act that way, but gently persuade people. His book on a foreign policy for freedom
    "peace, commerce, and honest friendship" is that way too.

You're acting horrible. And this isn't the libertarian values I want to see, or how to spread them.

Gentleness, rational discussion.

You love Trump?
    OK, then do you also think that I joined RPF days after you did because I loved Ron Paul? Think back to the winter of 2007... Were we in it because we loved Ron Paul?

OK, then do you also think that I joined RPF days after you did because I loved Ron Paul? Think back to the winter of 2007... Were we in it because we loved Ron Paul?
    That doesn't count. Ron Paul forums must be divided to the last man! (sarcasm at anti-trumpnews posters).
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 03-20-2016 at 02:46 AM.

I'm going to sue your ass.
    Don't waste your money.. you agreed to terms and conditions when you signed up here.

It's a shame what happened, I liked a lot of your posts when you weren't in melt-down mode over presence or Bryan.

It's also a shame you didn't read my line of posting that began on the first page of this thread. I made it pretty clear that not much was going to change from this new policy - the Trump supporters simply had to concede that they couldn't actively promote the Trump campaign, even though he is still open for discussion, positives and negatives, and you can still declare your personal support for him. That really isn't too much to ask, you really have to consider what people here disagree with him about and how anti-liberty some of that stuff is. A liberty forum shouldn't be promoting a candidate where they promote liberty in some areas and promote the exact opposite in many others, even if they arguably may or may not be the best candidate that is currently available that has a shot.

And almost nobody here likes Cruz..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Cruz-supporter

And lastly, if you believe Cruz is a false flag candidate sent by the big banks, which I agree with, why is it hard to believe that Donald Trump isn't also a false flag candidate? I know you can't respond, and I know there are arguments for him being truly anti-establishment - Molyneux, Alex Jones and many others are putting out arguments and towing that line...but pretend this is the ultimate episode of House of Cards, don't you think it is possible Trump is in their corner? The best evidence I have for that is the mainstream media covering Trump... they KNOW that any press is good press, that has been a cliche for decades now.. if they own the press, which I believe they do, why didn't they black him out?
    Last edited by dannno; 03-20-2016 at 04:48 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

People are just frustrated and looking for something else to latch onto. I think the frustration that people have is both Pauls are not running atm. Rand Paul has no plans to run for POTUS in the future, considering how much of a let down it was for this year.

The only potential we have is Amash? Of course seeking POTUS is not exactly needed, but it seems to bring people together if it was a POTUS run with a REAL conservative. Senate campaign is nice and all, its as important as a POTUS run, but it seems senate campaigns doesn't get EVERYONE involved. In 2012, you had people all over the country and world doing stuff for Ron Paul. People are dissapointed that for a very long time, we will only get neocons and liberal progressives to choose from. There is no one else to pin our hopes on. Hope is probably what keeps people going.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you're of the age to get conscripted, you might get a body bag.
    That bitch is crazy.
    If you're over age 26 I'm not talking to you.
    I'm talking to the young people who could lose their lives if the wrong candidate gets elected.
    I have children of conscription age.
    I don't want a President that will conscript them into military indentured servitude.
    Hillary and Cruz will do that without losing a minute of sleep.
    I trust Trump to be a leader in such a case, followed by a bunch of morons who love showing the world what Merica! Is about!
    These are cases where people on the board are going on about assumptions/predictions/speculation of what candidates would do rather than fact of what the candidates themselves (Clinton, Cruz, and Trump) have announced. The country is against the military draft; reinstituting it would be the flashpoint needed to set off rioting. The closest it ever came to being reinstituted was immediately following 9/11. Opposition to the draft grows everytime a suggestion rises that the wheels should be put in motion to accomplish it. As far as the groups that support the draft, the greatest single determinator for support of the draft is education level; the less education people have received the more they tend to support the draft.

But the whole discussion of military conscription falls within the realm of speculation - because there are no candidates calling for the military draft to be reinstituted. And I think Bryan's guidance on this is pretty clear, and should apply to all candidates, not merely Trump:

We'll add some more detail. For example, favorable polling numbers are fine, posts that make favorable claims about what Trump will do in office are not, they are speculation. We'll work on this.
    --- Edited To Add ---
    It'd probably be fine to start a new thread on such speculation though; so long as you identified it as being complete speculation founded on as-yet unsubstantiated fears that woke you up in the night with the bed and bed clothes all soaked in sweat (she said, "You've been having a nightmare; and it's not over yet!"). Just don't derail other threads with speculation. A new thread might even be the start of a novel, the basis of a literary career - though if it's posted on RPF it becomes the property of the site owner, so be sure to work out a revenue-sharing contract with Bryan.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 03-20-2016 at 09:39 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I made it pretty clear that not much was going to change from this new policy - the Trump supporters simply had to concede that they couldn't actively promote the Trump campaign, even though he is still open for discussion, positives and negatives, and you can still declare your personal support for him. That really isn't too much to ask, you really have to consider what people here disagree with him about and how anti-liberty some of that stuff is. A liberty forum shouldn't be promoting a candidate where they promote liberty in some areas and promote the exact opposite in many others, even if they arguably may or may not be the best candidate that is currently available that has a shot.
    The issue remains that while the policy recognizes a third category of 'defensive candidate' or figure who (while not pro-liberty by position) provides side benefits helpful to the cause, most of the Trump critics here recognize no third category, and lump all non-Paul-like figures into the '100% enemy' zone. The policy can give them cover to do the latter, and so cast all expressions of support for the Trump phenomenon as "promotion."

This might lead to an interesting paradox, if (say) Trump actually appoints Rand into his circle, or even makes him his running mate. Will we have to then, by policy, oppose Trump's side of the ticket, while supporting the other side?
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 03-20-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    The issue remains that while the policy recognizes a third category of 'defensive candidate' or figure who (while not pro-liberty by position) provides side benefits helpful to the cause, most of the Trump critics here recognize no third category, and lump all non-Paul-like figures into the '100% enemy' zone. The policy can give them cover to do the latter, and so cast all expressions of support for the Trump phenomenon as "promotion."

This might lead to an interesting paradox, if (say) Trump actually appoints Rand into his circle, or even makes him his running mate. Will we have to then, by policy, oppose Trump's side of the ticket, while supporting the other side?
    The Howler Monkey Squad recognizes no friends other than those who believe the exact same things for the exact same reasons. It could not be more cult-like.

While I personally cannot stand Trump, I must say this is a sad day for these forums. The blatant quashing of free speech on a forum that was founded on it, is just sad. If someone chooses to support Trump, that is their right and their decision to do so. The whole principle of freedom and liberty and the stance of Libertarians is freedom. Including the freedom to make bad choices. If they support Trump and try to get others to do so, so be it. If your position to counter them is so weak, then that is your problem and perhaps you then are backing the wrong candidate or position.

Anyone here that truly believes in Liberty should be able to counter anyone here who advocates for someone like Trump. If you can't, then you have the problem moreso then they do. But telling people they are not allowed here because they have freely chosen to support Trump, well that's just wrong.

Bryan, your bad decision in this regard has just negatively affected the Liberty Tree. You have begun its wilting process. Good job.

Now with that said, I support Bryan's right to make a bad decision. The forums are his to elevate or run into the ground, as he sees fit.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    While I personally cannot stand Trump, I must say this is a sad day for these forums. The blatant quashing of free speech on a forum that was founded on it, is just sad. If someone chooses to support Trump, that is their right and their decision to do so. The whole principle of freedom and liberty and the stance of Libertarians is freedom. Including the freedom to make bad choices. If they support Trump and try to get others to do so, so be it. If your position to counter them is so weak, then that is your problem and perhaps you then are backing the wrong candidate or position.

Anyone here that truly believes in Liberty should be able to counter anyone here who advocates for someone like Trump. If you can't, then you have the problem moreso then they do. But telling people they are not allowed here because they have freely chosen to support Trump, well that's just wrong.

Bryan, your bad decision in this regard has just negatively affected the Liberty Tree. You have begun its wilting process. Good job.

Now with that said, I support Bryan's right to make a bad decision. The forums are his to elevate or run into the ground, as he sees fit.
    Lol, such drama. I don't see any of this quashing you write about.
    "The Patriarch"

Lets get on thing clear, free speech doesn't apply to what is going on here. This is a themed private club with free invitation to the public, it not a PUBLIC space and your privilege to post can be revoked any time the owner wishes to do so. Also, you are not entirely prevented from supporting Trump just using the themed private club interface to promote and recruit for a candidate whose ideas are antithetical to what the site is about. a pacifist doesn't allow himself to be killed without trying to defend himself just because he doesn't believe in violence, the same way this site cannot allow itself to be co-opted by authoritarians just because we promote liberty

Also we have had restriction on speech pertaining to religion on this website for the longest time and almost nobody seemed to protest "free speech" violation. But just clamp down a little on political activities and the all of a sudden people cry free speech violation. The best way to counter his so called free speech violation is to form your own forum and allow everybody to post there.

This idea that private spaces to respect other peoples right to behave badly should be challenged by anyone who really cares for liberty. It is this sort of idea that gave us the public use clause of the civil rights act

The problem comes when certain Trump supporters make the same claims in multiple threads. You counter in one and the same misinformation pops up in another. Many of us do not feel like following these people around and constantly cleaning up the mess they have made. It's the same reason Stormfronters are quickly ejected. Bryan believes this forum is for moving the concept of liberty forward and attracting like minded individuals.

I was not/am not a particular fan of Rand (even though I did vote for him as he was on the ballot) when I compare him to his father. However, when the directive came down that the forum was here to support him during his run and that we were not to criticize him in the Rand Paul section I STFU. I don't see why this is so hard for others to get a grasp on. His site. His rules. Don't like it then grin and bear it or GTFO. It's really that simple.

If the dog chooses to $#@! on your carpet, that is their right and their decision to do so. The whole principle of freedom and liberty and the stance of Libertarians is freedom. Including the freedom to make bad choices. If they $#@! on your carpet and try to get others to do so, so be it. If your ability to constantly clean up their $#@! is so weak, then that is your problem and perhaps you then are backing the wrong candidate or position.

Anyone here that truly believes in Liberty should be able to clean dog$#@! out of his carpet. If you can't, then you have the problem moreso then they do. But telling dogs they are not allowed on your carpet because they have freely chosen to $#@! on it, well that's just wrong.

Fixed that for you.

Yes, people come here for free speech--and to temporarily escape bought and paid for speech. Or, rather, we used to.

You act like the dogs will actually hold a meaningful conversation about whether their $#@! is good for the carpet. Try it. You'll find you're talking to yourself, and they're busy $#@!ting on the carpet in the next room.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-20-2016 at 10:06 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The problem comes when certain Trump supporters make the same claims in multiple threads. You counter in one and the same misinformation pops up in another. Many of us do not feel like following these people around and constantly cleaning up the mess they have made. It's the same reason Stormfronters are quickly ejected. Bryan believes this forum is for moving the concept of liberty forward and attracting like minded individuals.

I was not/am not a particular fan of Rand (even though I did vote for him as he was on the ballot) when I compare him to his father. However, when the directive came down that the forum was here to support him during his run and that we were not to criticize him in the Rand Paul section I STFU. I don't see why this is so hard for others to get a grasp on. His site. His rules. Don't like it then grin and bear it or GTFO. It's really that simple.
    I am sure you well remember us butting heads over the levels of purity, as I am not quite as much a sticker, but when it comes down to leaping completely off the edge of acceptable compromise such as trump who is almost exactly opposite of everything the Paul movement was about, It is WTF. I could make a case based on their statements that both Romney and McCain were better than Trump and the vast majority found them unacceptable as I did.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I am sure you well remember us butting heads over the levels of purity, as I am not quite as much a sticker, but when it comes down to leaping completely off the edge of acceptable compromise such as trump who is almost exactly opposite of everything the Paul movement was about, It is WTF. I could make a case based on their statements that both Romney and McCain were better than Trump and the vast majority found them unacceptable as I did.
    Perhaps the issue here is that you genuinely believe such a case could be taken seriously.

He Who Shall Not Be Named is far from ideal but he's not within light years of the level of pure evil that the other two are.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic