Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump Muslim Ban Appeal DENIED

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    That sovereign citizen BS has been floating around the interwebz for a long long time. What a bunch of BS. Not a single citation and a bunch of moronic blatherings about corporations and evil joos! Aside from the countless misspellings and grammatical errors, it reads like someone with an obvious mental health disorder had an orgy with their keyboard. It's Christian prophecy hysterics mixed with pretty lame conspiracy... not even entertaining, really.

Some gems for you all to enjoy:

lmao

and my personal favorite:

Again.... insane ramblings of a disturbed person and NOT A SINGLE CITATION.
    You're a lawyer, right jllunqu? I recall you admitting previously that you are in the legal profession in some form.

Can't imagine why you'd have an interest in suppressing the pdf info
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hard to believe, people are calling this a Muslim ban. Guess the MSM is still doing a great job of providing fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You're a lawyer, right jllunqu? I recall you admitting previously that you are in the legal profession in some form.

Can't imagine why you'd have an interest in suppressing the pdf info
    Lord no, I'm not a lawyer, never claimed to be. My father was a lawyer and was more of a patriot than you'll ever be. I'm simply a well-educated critical thinker able to differentiate bull$#@! from wisdom.

If you'll excuse me, I have to get more training from my Chinese martial arts masters in order to protect my illuminati overlords and the Royal Families.

Edit: What's funny is I actually do have a Shodan Menkyo in Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu (Ninjitsu) so I'll just let you swim in that conspiracy BS a little longer lmao.
    Last edited by jllundqu; 02-13-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Lord no, I'm not a lawyer, never claimed to be. My father was a lawyer and was more of a patriot than you'll ever be. I'm simply a well-educated critical thinker able to differentiate bull$#@! from wisdom.
    Hmm, ok. What do you do for a living? You previously stated on RPF that you encounter "sovereign citizen" (which is an oxymoron and makes me question your knowledge and/or motives) stuff in your line of work. I can't imagine what line of work you'd be in, other than a cop, lawyer or court staff where you would encounter "sovereign citizens".

If you'll excuse me, I have to get more training from my Chinese martial arts masters in order to protect my illuminati overlords.
    Poor strawman. In fact, all of your posts in this thread are weak sauce. Choosing a few lines out of a 125 page pdf book reeks of disinfo. Btw, the contents of the pdf are accurate. Possibly painting with a broad brush but the history and information is indeed accurate. Your failure to acknowledge it doesn't change that.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hmm, ok. What do you do for a living? You previously stated on RPF that you encounter "sovereign citizen" (which is an oxymoron and makes me question your knowledge and/or motives) stuff in your line of work. I can't imagine what line of work you'd be in, other than a cop, lawyer or court staff where you would encounter "sovereign citizens".

Poor strawman. In fact, all of your posts in this thread are weak sauce. Choosing a few lines out of a 125 page pdf book reeks of disinfo. Btw, the contents of the pdf are accurate. Possibly painting with a broad brush but the history and information is indeed accurate. Your failure to acknowledge it doesn't change that.
    Lol.... This should be fun. "Let's guess what James does for a living" ... Suffice it to say that I regularly come into contact with people who buy into the Sovereign Citizen UCC code ALL CAPS NAME "UNDER DURESS" red fingerprint bull$#@!. And everyone I have met is a scam artist and a bull$#@! artist... they also are trying to sell you on the idea so they can sell you books and secret workshops on how to "declare yourself Sovereign!"

You failed to address my 'weak sauce' (really? "weak sauce?") post about the fact that entire 125 page PDF contains absolutely ZERO sources (other than links to conspiracy websites) but then you claim the "contents of the pdf are accurate." Yeah...sure they are. Believe what you want, but post a bunch of baseless BS and someone who is actually educated on the topic will call you out on it.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Isn't it obvious that they aren't?
    There is a difference between not breaking the rules/law/etc, and breaking them without enforcement. It's the job of the citizens to hold the officials accountable or replace them. Lack of proper education and complacency helps those in power avoid accountability.

It is not a Muslim ban but I would have no problem with a Muslim ban. The fact is their religion is in opposition to individual liberty. People will try to curry favor from the left or for political reasons for the ignorant to say otherwise or for whatever other reason but that is the fact of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    No. And that isn't what it looks like.

But it is true. All people do have that right. They don't have the right to compel anyone else help them do it. But provided they have the means or someone provides the means voluntarily, they do have the right to travel to the USA.
    Complete bull$#@!. To hell they do.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Lol.... This should be fun. "Let's guess what James does for a living" ... Suffice it to say that I regularly come into contact with people who buy into the Sovereign Citizen UCC code ALL CAPS NAME "UNDER DURESS" red fingerprint bull$#@!. And everyone I have met is a scam artist and a bull$#@! artist... they also are trying to sell you on the idea so they can sell you books and secret workshops on how to "declare yourself Sovereign!"
    So you're not going to answer the question about what you do then? If you're so confident that the UCC is "bull$#@!" (which is an absurd statement since it clearly exists and is the code that courts operate under), I'd like to hear your evidence that it is bull$#@!. Clearly you are an authority on the the subject so help us out.

You failed to address my 'weak sauce' (really? "weak sauce?") post about the fact that entire 125 page PDF contains absolutely ZERO sources (other than links to conspiracy websites) but then you claim the "contents of the pdf are accurate." Yeah...sure they are. Believe what you want, but post a bunch of baseless BS and someone who is actually educated on the topic will call you out on it.
    So I guess we both posted unsourced assertions about what the reality is. Here's the funny part. I've actually used those principles in court and walked away a free man, with frustrated, cursing lawyers left in my wake. That's how I know it's not bull$#@!. What's your evidence?
    ------------------

(eta: You haven't lived until a prosecutor has called you a 'motherfucker' twice in open court and you still walked out the door scot-free, case dismissed. Yes, there are trigger-happy cops and corrupt lawyers but not being an idiot around cops avoids the trigger part and once the lawyers and judges know that you know their game, they do try to pull tricks but they do also otherwise act honorably if you don't fall for them.)
    Last edited by devil21; 02-18-2017 at 07:28 AM.

I hope I’m not intruding on the discussion of the sovereign citizens. Maybe I’m not the only one to figure out that proclaiming yourself “sovereign” won’t protect you from trigger happy cops or corrupt lawyers and corporations.

Donald Trump has quietly admitted that he won’t challenge the appeal in the Supreme Court: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7574541.html

Some Dutch law students explained the legal merits of the case.
    This is only a presidential executive order (and no Act of Congress) that’s been blocked. The Congress can only by a 2/3 majority overrule an executive order (which doesn’t make this practical), but the Congress can practically block executive orders, by simply denying funding.

Judge Robart is a District Judge, which is a Federal Judge.
    In accordance with Marbury vs. Madison (1803) the US court has the authority to review if a law is constitutional: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marbury_v._Madison

Immigration policy can only be decided for the whole USA (so not just for one state); see pages 68-69 (IX) of Texas vs. United States (2015): http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions...-40238-CV0.pdf
    “But the Constitution requires “an uniform Rule of Naturalization”;206 Congress has instructed that “the immigration laws of the United States should be enforced vigorously and uniformly”;207 and the Supreme Court has described immigration policy as “a comprehensive and unified system.”208
    (…)
    Furthermore, the Constitution vests the District Court with “the judicial Power of the United States.”210 That power is not limited to the district wherein the court sits but extends across the country. It is not beyond the power of a court, in appropriate circumstances, to issue a nationwide injunction.211

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

Judge Robart is a District Judge, which is a Federal Judge.
    In accordance with Marbury vs. Madison (1803) the US court has the authority to review if a law is constitutional: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marbury_v._Madison

The court decided that the court has the authority it wants. How convenient.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lawyers call it jurisprudence...

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Lawyers call it jurisprudence...
    and the constitution calls it, not true.

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/stat...98122409488385
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/...99703889215489

Trump calls it a "travel ban". His Secretary of State says it is not a "travel ban". He initially said they wanted to delay travel from certain countries for 90 days while they put in place new methods of "screening" travelers. It has been more than 90 days and they have still not started on any new screening procedures (the old ones could take as long as two years to navigate).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/u...-ban.html?_r=0

Trump Promotes Original ‘Travel Ban,’ Eroding His Legal Case

WASHINGTON — President Trump has excellent lawyers. They have a challenging client.

In a series of Twitter posts Monday that continued into the evening, Mr. Trump may have irretrievably undermined his lawyers’ efforts to persuade the Supreme Court to reinstate his executive order limiting travel from six predominantly Muslim countries, according to legal experts.

Saying he preferred “the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version” he had issued in March, Mr. Trump attacked both the Justice Department and the federal courts. He also contradicted his own aides, who have suggested he was causing a pause in travel, by calling the order “what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!” He said it would be imposed on “certain DANGEROUS countries” and suggested that anything short of a ban “won’t help us protect our people!”

There is a reason lawyers generally insist that their clients remain quiet while their cases move forward, said Josh Blackman, a professor at South Texas College of Law in Houston.

“Talkative clients pose distinct difficulties for attorneys, as statements outside the court can frustrate strategies inside the court,” Professor Blackman said. “These difficulties are amplified exponentially when the client is the president of the United States, and he continuously sabotages his lawyers, who are struggling to defend his policies in an already hostile arena. I do not envy the solicitor general’s office.”

Even a lawyer with strong ties to the administration said Mr. Trump was hurting his chances in the Supreme Court and undercutting the work of the Justice Department’s elite appellate unit.

George T. Conway III, who withdrew last week as Mr. Trump’s nominee for assistant attorney general for the civil division and whose wife, Kellyanne Conway, is the president’s counselor, commented on one of Mr. Trump’s posts.

“These tweets may make some ppl feel better, but they certainly won’t help OSG get 5 votes in SCOTUS, which is what actually matters,” he wrote in his own Twitter post, using acronyms for the Office of the Solicitor General and the Supreme Court of the United States. “Sad.”
    Mr. Trump, his lawyers said, was now a changed man, alert to the burdens and responsibilities of his office.

“Taking that oath marks a profound transition from private life to the nation’s highest public office, and manifests the singular responsibility and independent authority to protect the welfare of the nation that the Constitution reposes in the president,” they wrote.

On Twitter early Monday, though, Mr. Trump appeared to say that the latest executive order was of a piece with the earlier one, issued in January, and with his longstanding positions.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-06-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Judges cite recent Donald Trump tweet in their ruling against travel ban

Donald Trump’s love of Twitter is giving his legal team some headaches.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld an injunction placed on his so-called travel ban, and specifically referenced a tweet the President shot out in the days following the terror attacks in London that killed eight people and injured nearly 50 more.

“That’s right, we need a TRAVEL BAN for certain DANGEROUS countries,” Mr Trump wrote, “not some politically correct term that won’t help us protect our people!”

As it turns out, the judges on the 9th Circuit Court saw in that tweet a statement that undermines the whole reasoning behind the travel ban.

“Indeed, the President recently confirmed his assessment that it is the 'countries' that are inherently dangerous,” the judges wrote in their opinion, “rather than the 180 million individual nationals of those countries who are barred from entry under the President’s 'travel ban.”

The judges also noted that White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer had himself instructed reporters to view the President’s tweets as official statements from the White House.

Mr Trump’s allies have long been concerned that the President’s tweeting habit will inhibit the West Wing’s ability to move policy forward.

“The point cannot be stressed enough that tweets on legal matters seriously undermine [the Administration’s] agenda and POTUS — and those who support him, as I do, need to reinforce that point and not be shy about it,” George Conway, a lawyer married to White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway, tweeted earlier this month. “These tweets make some people feel better, but they certainly won’t help [the solicitor general] get five votes in [the Supreme Court], which is what actually matters.”

The travel ban will likely head to the Supreme Court now that two US District Courts of Appeals have ruled to uphold injunctions on the President’s travel ban.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7786906.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123