Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Blocks New Iran Sanctions

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    This is flat out wrong. The Iranian regime is not in pursuit of nuclear weapons
    Really? Are you sure about that? Even Ron asks the question "why wouldn't they want nukes, it's natural for them to want them?"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    Good news. I really hope that Rand turns out like his father.
    He's essentially identical to Ron, he just shapes his rhetoric in more friendly and less caustic language.

Quote Originally Posted by kuckfeynes View Post

The problem is the idea that you can commit an act of aggression like sanctions, and as long as you write "this is not an act of war," that somehow makes it cool.

There may be some dispute between the definition of an act of "aggression" or "war," but one thing is for sure... It ain't an act of peace.
    Sanctions are not an act of war unless the country they are imposed upon considers them as such.

Rand might have just prevented WW3. All the Rand haters here can just stfu now.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good deal! Nice work Rand Paul.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Sanctions are not an act of war unless the country they are imposed upon considers them as such.
    And as Kuck already pointed out, they are not an act of peace. Just ask the Japanese during World War 2.

Rand Paul Stands Between US War With Iran

Rand Paul Stands Between US War With Iran

Senator blocks sanctions bill saying it could be used as a means to go to war

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    March 28, 2012

Rand Paul has effectively single handedly blocked a bi-partisan bill to place yet more crippling economic sanctions on Iran, by demanding an amendment to prevent the White House using the legislation as an authorization to attack the country.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) wanted to immediately pass the sanctions bill by unanimous consent Tuesday. However, Paul intervened and blocked it, in order to ensure that unauthorized use of military force against Iran does not transpire.

Paul’s one sentence amendment reads: “To clarify that nothing in the Act shall be construed as a declaration of war or an authorization of the use of force against Iran or Syria.”

“Our Founding Fathers were quite concerned about giving the power declare war to the Executive,” Paul said on the Senate floor. “They were quite concerned that the Executive could become like a king.”

“Before sending our young men and women into combat, we should have a mature and thoughtful debate over the ramifications of and over the authorization of war and over the motives of the war,” he added.

Paul noted that in the lead up to the NATO led conflict in Libya, several Senators, including John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), were beating the war drums. The Kentucky Senator warned that the same rhetoric is now being used in relation to Iran and Syria.

“Many in this body cannot get boots on ground fast enough in a variety of places, from Syria to Libya to Iran,” said Paul. “[I] urge that we not begin a new war without a full debate, without a vote, without careful consideration of the ramifications of a third or even a fourth war in this past decade.”

rest of article here:
    http://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-st...war-with-iran/
    I am the spoon.

Now STFU haters. Rand 2016 is our last hope before I seriously consider leaving this country. Obama must win for this to happen and we have to go all in with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    That's pretty funny

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand rocks, and I liked his citation of James Madison.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    That's pretty funny
    Thanks. I drew the pic myself! (Of rand and the Aqua Buddha, at least..)

Only Rand Paul is baddass enough to beat the Minus World in Mario!

is this why Mr. Hannity hasn't invited him back on tv?
    Last edited by trey4sports; 06-05-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: meh, poor taste
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    So why did he support the first set of sanctions?
    See post #8 directly above yours.

I love how Rand is always foiling the establishment Senators "unanimous consent" votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Really? Are you sure about that? Even Ron asks the question "why wouldn't they want nukes, it's natural for them to want them?"
    Google laptop of death. There is no credible evidence. It's as cheesy as Curveball and Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    He voted in favor of the first round of sanctions.
    He voted against the NDAA which contained the sanctions amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    He's probably gotten a lot of crap from his supporters over that, and is trying to make up for it.
    It is called throwing those of us who didn't like his first vote and don't believe what he says about Iran developing nuclear weapons and supporting terrorism, a bone. Remember the wmd's that were in Iraq? Remember how al queada was linked to Iraq? Is that all they need to say these days, that a country is developing nuclear weapons and supporting world wide terrorism? Isn't out military industrial complex and our CIA number one at this?

When will Rand vote for sanctions against them? Or at the very least call them out for it? These are the liberty candidates I will get behind. Not these guys who are going to become part of the current structure, i.e. part of the problem. The current governmental structure is the problem, we are fast becoming a failed state because of it. Only 40% of the population turns out to vote and they are the important ones? They have voted this country to the $#@!s with their failed presidents and a congress that cannot seem to do anything but screw their constituents.
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTRattlesnake View Post
    Yeah thats what I thought at first. It seems like he's channeling more of his father now
    He's allowing Lew Rockwell to write bat $#@! crazy things under his name and then refusing to unveil his identity?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    He's allowing Lew Rockwell to write bat $#@! crazy things under his name and then refusing to unveil his identity?
    Any proof of what you are saying or are you just talking out of your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Any proof of what you are saying or are you just talking out of your ass?
    Other than everyone and their mom knowing it's Rockwell. $#@! a Lew Rockwell.

I'm tired of everyone thinking Ron is some saint that has never made a bad vote. The dude is big on earmarks and got tangled up with some $#@!ty people in the early 1990s. Kool-Aid drinking is bad, no matter who it's for.

I'm tired of everyone thinking Ron is some saint that has never made a bad vote. The dude is big on earmarks and got tangled up with some $#@!ty people in the early 1990s. Kool-Aid drinking is bad, no matter who it's for.
    That literally has nothing to do with Rand Paul voting for the first round of sanctions on Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

So where is the proof? You haven't presented it. You're still just talking out of your ass.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    But.. But.. But.. He's really bad and stuff!
    Or... maybe he felt a little heat from the torches and pitchforks.

1. This thread is about RAND.
    2. You clearly do not understand earmarks.
    3. What "$#@!ty people" are you talking about?
    4. Do you have any proof whatsoever to back up your rhetoric?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    1. This thread is about RAND.
    2. You clearly do not understand earmarks.
    3. What "$#@!ty people" are you talking about?
    4. Do you have any proof whatsoever to back up your rhetoric?
    1. It's littered with "He's not his father," and "Maybe he's becoming his father." This hero worship of Ron painting him as the perfect man is insane. Ron is a political hero of mine but I know political heroes make mistakes. Ron makes them all the time. He is more concerned about winning an argument than elections.
    2. I Clearly understand earmarks. I don't care how Ron spins it. I get it. He doesn't want the money to blah blah blah. This is a point the rational will always bring up and the zombies will defend.
    3. Lew Rockwell, Murrary Rothbard and any other race baiting person he got tangled with. These associations (or unwillingness to expose the writer) killed his Presidential run every time.
    4. I won't mention the names of people who have told me they know the writings were by folks we've all discussed. I will point to John Robbins. It's the same stuff people privately say: http://godshammer.wordpress.com/2008...-lew-rockwell/

Then you add all the good Rand does in a chamber that matters and people are here $#@! on him daily. If we're going to hold everyone accountable.... let's hold everyone accountable. Truth hurts but it's liberating.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1. It's littered with "He's not his father," and "Maybe he's becoming his father." This hero worship of Ron painting him as the perfect man is insane. Ron is a political hero of mine but I know political heroes make mistakes. Ron makes them all the time. He is more concerned about winning an argument than elections.
    2. I Clearly understand earmarks. I don't care how Ron spins it. I get it. He doesn't want the money to blah blah blah. This is a point the rational will always bring up and the zombies will defend.
    3. Lew Rockwell, Murrary Rothbard and any other race baiting person he got tangled with. These associations (or unwillingness to expose the writer) killed his Presidential run every time.
    4. I won't mention the names of people who have told me they know the writings were by folks we've all discussed. I will point to John Robbins. It's the same stuff people privately say: http://godshammer.wordpress.com/2008...-lew-rockwell/

Then you add all the good Rand does in a chamber that matters and people are here $#@! on him daily. If we're going to hold everyone accountable.... let's hold everyone accountable. Truth hurts but it's liberating.
    So let's excuse someone's mistakes by pointing to someone else's mistakes. Which, I should mention, are entirely unrelated to the subject at hand.

Yeah, man, nothing like rationalizing.

John Robbins isn't an objective source, he hates Catholics. Surprise, Lew is a Catholic. Also:

If you were Dr. Paul’s friend, or a friend of freedom, as you pretend to be, by now you would have stepped forward, assumed responsibility for those asinine and harmful comments, resigned from any connection to Ron or his campaign
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Lew Rockwell has reached millions more than Robbins, and Lew literally writes Ron Paul propaganda on a daily basis - and has done so for years. Without Lew, there'd be no Mises Institute. No Tom Woods. No Ron Paul Revolution. No explosion of Austrian economics.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 06-07-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Lew Rockwell has reached millions more than Robbins, and Lew literally writes Ron Paul propaganda on a daily basis - and has done so for years. Without Lew, there'd be no Mises Institute. No Tom Woods. No Ron Paul Revolution. No explosion of Austrian economics.
    Some people won't be happy until all of Ron Paul's most dedicated and loyal supporters are alienated and drummed from the movement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123