Thread: 37 Million Bees Found Dead After Planting Large GMO Corn Field

37 Million Bees Found Dead After Planting Large GMO Corn Field

Would there even be corn pollen after "a few weeks"? More likely the problem was in the soil prep phase with herbicides and/or pesticides used early on, IMO. GMO allows more nasty stuff to be used.

March 11, 2018

Millions of bees dropped dead after GMO corn was planted few weeks ago in Ontario, Canada. The local bee keeper, Dave Schuit who produces honey in Elmwood lost about 37 million bees which are about 600 hives.

“Once the corn started to get planted our bees died by the millions,” Schuit said. While many bee keepers blame neonicotinoids, or “neonics.” for colony collapse of bees and many countries in EU have banned neonicotinoid class of pesticides, the US Department of Agriculture fails to ban insecticides known as neonicotinoids, manufactured by Bayer CropScience Inc.

Two of Bayer’s best-selling pesticides, Imidacloprid and Clothianidin, are known to get into pollen and nectar, and can damage beneficial insects such as bees. The marketing of these drugs also coincided with the occurrence of large-scale bee deaths in many European countries and the United States.

Nathan Carey another local farmer says that this spring he noticed that there were not enough bees on his farm and he believes that there is a strong correlation between the disappearance of bees and insecticide use.

In the past, many scientists have struggled to find the exact cause of the massive die-offs, a phenomenon they refer to as “colony collapse disorder” (CCD). In the United States, for seven consecutive years, honeybees are in terminal decline.

US scientists have found 121 different pesticides in samples of bees, wax and pollen, lending credence to the notion that pesticides are a key problem. “We believe that some subtle interactions between nutrition, pesticide exposure and other stressors are converging to kill colonies,” said Jeffery Pettis, of the ARS’s bee research laboratory.

The collapse in the global honeybee population is a major threat to crops. It is estimated that a third of everything we eat depends upon honeybee pollination, which means that bees contribute over 30 billion to the global economy.

A new study published in the Journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences revealed that neonicotinoid pesticides kill honeybees by damaging their immune system and making them unable to fight diseases and bacteria.

After reporting large losses of bees after exposure to Imidacloprid, banned it for use on corn and sunflowers, despite protests by Bayer. In another smart move, France also rejected Bayer’s application for Clothianidin, and other countries, such as Italy, have banned certain neonicotinoids as well. After record-breaking honeybee deaths in the UK, the European Union has banned multiple pesticides, including neonicotinoid pesticides.

http://dailynativenews.site/2018/03/...gmo-corn-field

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bayer and Monsanto merge into a new company called "Bayer" because Nazis have a better reputation than Big Ag

he $63 billion takeover of Monsanto by Bayer prompted a thorny branding question: what to call the new company? The company's management has announced its decision: the new company will be called "Bayer," despite the name's longtime association with Nazi slave labor camps, fatal human subjects experiments conducted on prisoners supplied by the Nazis, and complicity in the production of Zyklon B, the lethal poison used in concentration camp gas-chambers.
    But for all those sins, the company name is still apparently less toxic than "Monsanto," a name that has become synonymous with immoral attempts to corner the world's food supply and patent life-forms.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Why don't we call it, death in a box?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Bees planted corn? That's astounding!

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    . GMO allows more nasty stuff to be used. ]
    YOu're wrong, but since this is ROn Paul forums we all know it's about the liberal agenda and not the truth.

Truth is that organic farmers use the harsher chemicals. But $#@! the truth. #AmIRIte?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    YOu're wrong, but since this is ROn Paul forums we all know it's about the liberal agenda and not the truth.

Truth is that organic farmers use the harsher chemicals. But $#@! the truth. #AmIRIte?
    The truth is that big ag, in competing with real organic farmers, goes through loopholes and uses the harshest chemicals. They are still branded as "organic" by the government, but are clearly far from it.

From your article:

The sad truth is, factory farming is factory farming, whether its organic or conventional. Many large organic farms use pesticides liberally.
    Remember, the standards for "organic" are determined by the government.

I also firmly believe that increasing the chemicals used in agriculture to support insanely over-harvested monocultures will never lead to ecological improvement. In my mind, the ideal future will merge conventional and organic methods, using GMOs and/or other new technologies to reduce pesticide use while increasing the bioavailability of soils, crop yield, nutritional quality and biodiversity in agricultural lands. New technology isn't the enemy of organic farming; it should be its strongest ally.

I don't totally disagree with that..

And as far as the bees, they do have GMO technology that allows farmers to spray more harmful chemicals on their crops so that is probably a good guess as to what happened.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-06-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

But $#@! the truth. #AmIRIte?
    No, you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Isn't it interesting how you can write an article about two entirely different topics, and so long as you mash them together with no transition, people will assume that the two topics are related?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bees planted corn? That's astounding!
    No Angela,, the bees did not plant corn...

But the corn planting killed Bees. Lots of them..

It is an ongoing problem associated with heavy pesticide and herbicide use. Precisely the types of Chemicals used on Frankenfoods.

It is killing off bee colonies..

but GMO does not need Bees,, Natural Food Needs Bees..

AgriCorp is fine with Killing Bees their competitions needs.,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

It is an ongoing problem associated with heavy pesticide and herbicide use. Precisely the types of Chemicals used on Frankenfoods.

Wish I could +rep you again, Bro.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    No, you're wrong.
    Apparently I am not.

Speaking of truth, this "story" is from 2012, and the guy who owns the bees never said it was the GMO corn that killed the bees - that's something an organic publication entirely fabricated.

This article is from 2014: https://truthout.org/articles/did-gm...ees-in-canada/

I tracked down the beekeeper, Dave Schuit, who had lost all those bees.

I discovered that not only was the story inaccurate, it was also pretty old.

“Yes, I saw [the piece] circulating on Facebook, but I don’t know why they re-ran it. That happened in 2012. ...” he confirmed.

OrganicHealth.co started the falsehood by basically repurposing a version comprised of two articles published by the online site The Post in June 2013 and CBC News in August 2013. Neither of those articles mentioned GMO corn as the culprit.*
    and

And like many other commercial beekeepers in the United States, Dave too is now forced to hide his hives away from conventional farming to keep his bees alive.
    Asshats, the lot of you.

Your ignorance is showing with that "GMO doesn't need bees" statement.

Why do GMOs need bees? Typically you aren't allowed to replant your seed crop when you use GMO seeds, because you are breaking some sort of patent. And you can grow crops indoors, without bees, so....
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It is not my ignorance..

Cross pollination is a problem for GMOs..

Prove me wrong..

Bees are Primary Pollinators.

Prove me wrong.

Colony collapse disorder is a real issue and threat to natural food supplies worldwide.
    and is related to both pesticides and herbicides in use.
    http://npic.orst.edu/envir/ccd.html
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    And you can grow crops indoors, without bees, so....
    Artificial pollination,, Or preventing Pollination (cannabis)

Controlled environment. By definition "Unnatural".
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It is not my ignorance..

Cross pollination is a problem for GMOs..

Prove me wrong..

Bees are Primary Pollinators.

Prove me wrong.

Colony collapse disorder is a real issue and threat to natural food supplies worldwide.
    and is related to both pesticides and herbicides in use.
    http://npic.orst.edu/envir/ccd.html

Corn is self-pollinating or wind pollinated. It doesn't need bees. http://www.channel.com/agronomics/Pa...n-in-Corn.aspx

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Corn is self-pollinating or wind pollinated. It doesn't need bees. http://www.channel.com/agronomics/Pa...n-in-Corn.aspx
    Corn is not the only crop..

Though some act as if it was.

Cross pollination is a problem.. aside from Bees.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-07-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

There is a solution to the created problem..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materi...al_pollinators

The researchers who are developing this technology published their findings in the 9 February issue of the journal Chem and hope that their research will help counter the problems caused by declining honeybee populations, meeting the modern agricultural demands of colonies and benefit farmers.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...al-pollinators
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Bitter truth

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Bitter truth
    GMOs don't need Bees..They need Chemicals. It is a statement and I fail to see it refuted.

GMO cross pollination is a problem,,,, and the bastards have sued over crops they corrupted.

They have been rightfully banned in several countries.

And yet,, despite market opposition, it is being pushed. Like a damned Agenda.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It is a scary business, that's all I can say.

GMOs don't need Bees..They need Chemicals. It is a statement and I fail to see it refuted.

GMO cross pollination is a problem,,,, and the bastards have sued over crops they corrupted.

They have been rightfully banned in several countries.

And yet,, despite market opposition, it is being pushed. Like a damned Agenda.
    GMOs are fertilized the exact same as their non- GMO counterparts. You are right that cross pollination can be an issue to farms downwind close enough.

GMOs don't need Bees..They need Chemicals. .
    Dumbest thing I've read all day. But the day isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    It is a scary business, that's all I can say.
    Only in the world they live in. The numbers never supported the bee-pocylpse that they're still yammering about, though. Silly me never thinks to start posts with blaring headlines though, so I end up playing defense instead of offense. Defense never scores points.

From a piece dated April 2018:

The overall population of honeybees in the US, Canada and Europe has held steady or increased slightly since the widespread adoption of neonics in the 1990s. The US honeybee population hit a 22-year high in 2016, according to the figures released by the USDA before dipping slightly last year, and globally are at an all-time high.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/04/17...eres-why-12851

Last edited by angelatc; 06-08-2018 at 03:43 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Corn is not the only crop..

Though some act as if it was.

Cross pollination is a problem.. aside from Bees.
    The topic of the thread is bees being killed by GMO corn. Never happened. But Lord knows that's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why do GMOs need bees? Typically you aren't allowed to replant your seed crop when you use GMO seeds, because you are breaking some sort of patent. And you can grow crops indoors, without bees, so....
    It cracks me up when city people get all upset about the "can't save seeds" thing.Especially since we've been through all this 10 times already, and the conversation never advances past the basics. First, generally speaking, farmers never did save many seeds.

And the patent protections you're sobbing about predates GMO corn. As far back as the 30's, seed companies protected their seeds in the exact same way.

But nobody cared, because see point A.

Again, this has been posted repeatedly.. But as long as #TeamStupid keeps posting their talking points, I'll continue to post the rebuttals.

US scientists have found 121 different pesticides in samples of bees, wax and pollen, lending credence to the notion that pesticides are a key problem. “We believe that some subtle interactions between nutrition, pesticide exposure and other stressors are converging to kill colonies,” said Jeffery Pettis, of the ARS’s bee research laboratory.

The collapse in the global honeybee population is a major threat to crops. It is estimated that a third of everything we eat depends upon honeybee pollination, which means that bees contribute over 30 billion to the global economy.

A new study published in the Journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences revealed that neonicotinoid pesticides kill honeybees by damaging their immune system and making them unable to fight diseases and bacteria.

After reporting large losses of bees after exposure to Imidacloprid, banned it for use on corn and sunflowers, despite protests by Bayer. In another smart move, France also rejected Bayer’s application for Clothianidin, and other countries, such as Italy, have banned certain neonicotinoids as well.

After record-breaking honeybee deaths in the UK, the European Union has banned multiple pesticides, including neonicotinoid pesticides.
    https://offgridworld.com/37-million-...eld-the-cause/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    GMOs are fertilized the exact same as their non- GMO counterparts. You are right that cross pollination can be an issue to farms downwind close enough.
    Popcorn being cross pollinated by feed corn is a bigger concern. And that's not snark - that's a real problem that can cost a popcorn farmer his entire crop.

Except that they know how to prevent that, too.

These #TeamStupid players just make up imaginary problems, then wail about how somebody needs to ban something.

The topic of the thread is bees being killed by GMO corn. Never happened. But Lord knows that's not important.
    Ok,, Not the corn directly.. You can have that concession..

It is the pesticides+Herbicides+Fertilizers that are required for and and inherent too GMO crops.

It is the Toxic Chemical Stew that is Killing Nature.

but Lord Knows that is not relevant.

This Agenda is not about providing food as much as it is about Controlling Food Production.

and playing god.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ok,, Not the corn directly.. You can have that concession..

It is the pesticides+Herbicides+Fertilizers that are required for and and inherent too GMO crops.

It is the Toxic Chemical Stew that is Killing Nature.

but Lord Knows that is not relevant.

This Agenda is not about providing food as much as it is about Controlling Food Production.

and playing god.
    Isn't that a bit too much? They already control everything with money.