Thread: The Ultimate Guide to Mainstream Media: American TV Networks

The Ultimate Guide to Mainstream Media: American TV Networks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Brian Ross
    Despite grabbing an impressive collection of awards throughout his long career, Brian Ross is seen as one of the most controversial investigative journalists in the whole of America. For a series of blunders, he has unceremoniously been dubbed with the title, ‘America’s wrongest reporter’. In 2012, during ABC’s Breaking coverage of a fatal Colorado shooting, Ross went live on-air to present millions of viewers with quite a sensation – the shooter James Holmes may have had connections to the Tea Party. But the sensation turned out to be a reckless false allegation, which Ross based on a single web page listing Aurora-based “Jim Holmes” as a member of the Colorado Tea Party Patriots.
    Considering the competition in the MSM, that's quite a title he's earned for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Wolf Blitzer

Somehow dubbed ‘Iron Man’ by his colleagues, he is the face of CNN’s political coverage. In the 1970s, the German-born Blitzer worked as an editor of monthly publications at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) which is lobbying pro-Israeli policies in Washington.

Having joined CNN in 1990 as a military reporter, in 1992 Blitzer got the gig as the network’s White House correspondent. From there, he rose to become CNN’s lead political anchor.

Among controversies featuring Blitzer is an episode during a 2012 elections interview. CNN went live to the Iowa Caucus to speak to Corporal Jesse Thorsen, a US military veteran and adamant supporter of Rep. Ron Paul. Thorsen praised Paul, who was trailing frontrunner Mitt Romney by fewer than 200 votes, for his non-interventionist ideals. But just as Thorsen began to get passionate the feed went out. “Sorry, we lost the signal,” Blitzer said, dismissing it as a technical malfunction. A lot of viewers didn’t buy into the tech-error excuse and cried censorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Media wars are going to pop soon. This is kind of the rumble before the storm. By that I don't mean the same networks who propagate the same pablum and then measure who has the largest haul of generally mis/disinformed. I'm talking about the real info war. Wait for it...

I shared a preview of what is to come though. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ops-in-Ukraine And here... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...US-media-space

CNN first on the list. Then domino...
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-10-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12