Thread: Bezos to start selling Amazon stock

Bezos to start selling Amazon stock

Some lame story about funding his fake space company.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Says he is selling $1 billion worth a year to finance his space venture. With an estimated net worth of $75 billion he can afford to do that for a while. From last week:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/29/tech...bezos-richest/

Jeff Bezos passes Warren Buffett to become the world's second richest person

Move over Warren Buffett! Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is now the second richest person on Earth.

The latest tally by Bloomberg's Billionaires Index shows Bezos is now worth about $75.6 billion. Another ranking compiled by Forbes has Bezos' value at "just" $75.2 billion.

He added $1.5 billion to his net worth after Amazon (AMZN, Tech30) gained $9 billion in market value during trading hours Wednesday.

The company received a generous stock bump after a Barclay's (AGRPY) analyst declared Amazon will "likely to be one of the first trillion-dollar market cap companies." Its shares hit a record high shortly after.

Amazon's stock has been on fire lately -- it's grown more than 16% over the last year. Investors were pleased with the company's decision, announced yesterday, to buy Souq, an e-commerce giant in the Middle East.

Amazon isn't Bezos's only venture. He also owns space exploration company Blue Origin. Its goal is to eventually take people on "space tourism" trips and to deliver satellites into orbit for corporate climates. So far, the company has only conducted test flights.

Bezos leapfrogged investing guru Warren Buffett and Spanish fashion tycoon Amancio Ortega, who are worth $74.9 billion and $74.2 billion respectively, to take the number two spot on Bloomberg's billionaire list. Buffett is CEO of Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA), and Ortega founded Zara-owner Inditex.
    On Forbes' list, Bezos swapped places with Buffett, but he still trails Ortega's net worth by about $1 billion.

I would forget about muh fake space ship and roll it into gold .
    Do something Danke

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

Too bad that the #EarthIsFlat B-)
    Thee (God) alone will we serve and from Thee alone will we seek help

bump
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Says he is selling $1 billion worth a year to finance his space venture. With an estimated net worth of $75 billion he can afford to do that for a while.
    Is being a sycophant profitable or very profitable?

I'm sure the second or third richest man on the planet is eagerly searching the internet for anonymous financial advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    I'm sure the second or third richest man on the planet is eagerly searching the internet for anonymous financial advice...
    I do not give advice for free . I charge for it .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I never had amazon stock so I did not have to be bothered dumping it.
    Do something Danke

I never had amazon stock so I did not have to be bothered dumping it.
    I know right, from 250 a share 2 years ago, to 1000 a share now.. It would be an incredible bother to dump that and have to deal with all that annoying/bothersome money...

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    I know right, from 250 a share 2 years ago, to 1000 a share now.. It would be an incredible bother to dump that and have to deal with all that annoying/bothersome money...
    Yeah actually it would . There would be taxes . LOL . Who wants to waste time bothering with giving the govt money ?
    Do something Danke

Yeah actually it would . There would be taxes . LOL . Who wants to waste time bothering with giving the govt money ?
    show me a man with a lot of capital gains tax to pay, and I'll show you a man who is making a lot of money..

Long term cap gains is 10 percent, you get to keep the other 90...
    I'd love to have the burden of paying that 10% after reaping a 200% profit in 18 months... I'm a real glutton for punishment...

I pd taxes for 52 years but I no longer have to , I figured out ways around that .
    Do something Danke

He must not be expecting amazon stock to go up very fast from here on out. If he were, he would take out loans at maybe 5% that are backed by his stock as collateral. I believe that is how Paul Allen (of Microsoft fortunes) has had spending money, without working for decades, and without selling his stock.
    Tax is theft. War is murder. Conscription is slavery. Government is organized crime.

I pd taxes for 52 years but I no longer have to , I figured out ways around that .
    Please do tell. I figure the government gets about 60% of what I produce - and jail is the alternative.
    Tax is theft. War is murder. Conscription is slavery. Government is organized crime.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntman stoll View Post
    Please do tell. I figure the government gets about 60% of what I produce - and jail is the alternative.
    I think he lives a humble lifestyle and barters with precious metals.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by orafi View Post
    Too bad that the #EarthIsFlat B-)
    Exactly, he's just throwing away money if he dumps it into a space company that can't even grasp basic science enough to know that the earth is flat

"Let's build rockets into space without even understanding basic science!" /sarcasm
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The trick is to work for the government

Then you get paid with your own dollars
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The trick is to work for the government

Then you get paid with your own dollars
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Where I live there is no tax collected on purchasing gold or silver coins . I quit my job ( retired ) , cashed everything out , pd the tax , stuck it into where I wanted .Only income I have to show is farm income ( which also allows me to write off all expenses ) and rental income ( write off expenses again ) . I have just enough income I am under the limit to pay tax . I keep just enough FRN's to pay utilities , fuel and property tax and I convert the rest to land , livestock , fruit trees , tools , equipment etc ( all tax deductible ) and metals ( lead , silver , copper , gold etc ). If I want some cash to blow I convert some metals . I pay may accountant 100 FRN's per yr to file all my tax forms and I spend 1 hour per year totaling it up . They make the rules I just use them all to my advantage .I actually live just as well as I did when I was working and I like this much better .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-23-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    Do something Danke