Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Problem With the Paleo Diet Argument

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Synthetic B12 is cyanocobalamin which does not absorb well and really isn't bioavailable.
    My body has no problem absorbing it. If you want to spend more money on that other type of B12 that will do the exact same, that's your choice.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Grass?
    yeah grass. are you feeling ok?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    yeah grass. are you feeling ok?
    Does kale have Vitamin D?

Chester Copperpot

Does kale have Vitamin D?
    I would like to think it does even those its not listed usually in its makeup.

I would like to think it does even those its not listed usually in its makeup.
    Can you provide me a link that shows grass has Vitamin D? Because I never heard that one before.

My body has no problem absorbing it. If you want to spend more money on that other type of B12 that will do the exact same, that's your choice.
    Have you had your blood tested for you B12 levels?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Chester Copperpot

Can you provide me a link that shows grass has Vitamin D? Because I never heard that one before.
    http://www.admani.com/Dairy/Technica...0Nutrition.htm

Vitamin D
    Many compounds possess vitamin D activity, but only vitamin D2 (plant derived) and D3 (animal derived) are important dietary sources. Sun-cured forages tend to be good sources of vitamin D; however, there are large variations in vitamin D content of forages and vitamin D deteriorates over time in storage. Sunlight or ultraviolet light is needed for the animal to convert both vitamin D2 and D3 to their active form. Vitamin D3 is used more efficiently by dairy cattle. Prior to performing its function, vitamin D must be converted to a much more active form (four to five times more active) by the liver and kidneys.

I take B-12 shots and vitamin D. They've really helped me feel good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Have you had your blood tested for you B12 levels?
    Yes. It's almost at 600.

Yes. It's almost at 600.

Wow impressive since normal levels should be around 500 pg/ml.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm thinking they wrote that wrong because plants don't have D. They have precursor nutrients that's then activated by the sun, or else all leafy greens would have D.

Wow impressive since normal levels should be around 500 pg/ml.
    Thank you. Cheap synthetic cyano B12 is what I take.

Does everyone at least agree that the modern paleo diet should not be called paleo, primal, or caveman since we didn't eat like that back then?

I suggest calling it the Low Omega-6 diet. At least that would be accurate.
    bump

Body builders aren't "natural" anyways- vegan or not. They aren't eating diets one can sustain oneself on for a long period of time.

All that protein for one is very hard on the kidneys and liver.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-09-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Chester Copperpot

I'm thinking they wrote that wrong because plants don't have D. They have precursor nutrients that's then activated by the sun, or else all leafy greens would have D.
    It would be my guess that leafy greens do have vitamin d.

Theyve done studies on fish and their vitamin d
    levels.. fished raised in darkness have the same level of vitamin d as fish raised with sunlight. Theyre getting their D from their sun-exposed algae/vegetation they eat.

Over 950 types of vitamin d out there... its a damned shame that people only think of. Vitamin D3 cholecalciferol as vitamin d.
    Last edited by Chester Copperpot; 03-08-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Thank you. Cheap synthetic cyano B12 is what I take.
    Ill stick with sardines.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Body builders aren't "natural" anyways- vegan or not. They aren't eating diets one can sustain oneself on for a long period of time.
    Gotta admit you're right on this. Bodybuilders typically eat 5+ meals per day on top of protein supplements, lots of water, and a number of other supplementary things. (one of the reasons I don't get into the bodybuilding sport :P )
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Sooooo, does everyone at least agree that the modern paleo diet should not be called paleo, primal, or caveman since we didn't eat like that back then?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sooooo, does everyone at least agree that the modern paleo diet should not be called paleo, primal, or caveman since we didn't eat like that back then?
    Is this the argument you are reduced to? Sad really...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Is this the argument you are reduced to? Sad really...
    "does everyone at least agree that the"

So do you?

"does everyone at least agree that the"

So do you?
    Not really. At least for the primal blueprint, what you eat is just a portion of it. Besides, to be honest I don't really focus on the labels and I don't really care what you call it.

Chester Copperpot

i think thats like trying to get into an exact definition of libertarianism... everybody kinda has their own idea.

Not really. At least for the primal blueprint, what you eat is just a portion of it. Besides, to be honest I don't really focus on the labels and I don't really care what you call it.
    The primal blueprint is a meat-based diet. How can you say "not really"?

You don't mind people calling themselves libertarian when they aren't? Same thing.

i think thats like trying to get into an exact definition of libertarianism... everybody kinda has their own idea.
    If you look at any paleo/primal/caveman diet site, they list meat as the staple of the diet. Do you disagree with that?

The primal blueprint is a meat-based diet. How can you say "not really"?
    You have been corrected on that point before; so I'll just assume you aren't actually here to listen to what others have to say. It is perfectly possible to follow the primal blueprint and not eat meat.

You don't mind people calling themselves libertarian when they aren't? Same thing.
    Why should I give a $#@! what people call themselves? It doesn't affect me in anyway. Its pathetic that you care.

You have been corrected on that point before; so I'll just assume you aren't actually here to listen to what others have to say. It is perfectly possible to follow the primal blueprint and not eat meat.
    Here's the primal blueprint:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

How is it possible to sustain yourself on it if you wipe out the bottom row?

Why should I give a $#@! what people call themselves? It doesn't affect me in anyway. Its pathetic that you care.
    Then why are you here at a forum that cares? You act childish.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

If you look at any paleo/primal/caveman diet site, they list meat as the staple of the diet. Do you disagree with that?
    the issue isnt what a particular site says, its what people all over say.. and people all over use different interpretations and explanations for various labels.

people cannot agree on what paleo, primal, libertarian or conservative means because these things are subjective. there are probably paleo vegans out there who just eat raw fruits and vegetables... im not so sure why you dont understand this..

Durianrider for example follows a paleo diet.

Here's the primal blueprint:
    How is it possible to sustain yourself on it if you wipe out the bottom row?
    Because that graphic is just a super simple example, its not detailed. If you actually read up on it, you'd know what I'm saying is factual.

Then why are you here at a forum that cares? You act childish.
    This forum does not care what people call themselves. And most of the people here probably don't give a $#@! either.

the issue isnt what a particular site says, its what people all over say.. and people all over use different interpretations and explanations for various labels.

people cannot agree on what paleo, primal, libertarian or conservative means because these things are subjective. there are probably paleo vegans out there who just eat raw fruits and vegetables... im not so sure why you dont understand this..
    All the paleo/primal/caveman diet sites are very specific; low carb meat-based, getting most of your calories from fat and protein. It's not very subjective at all.

Durianrider for example follows a paleo diet.
    That's true, because the real paleo diet is high carb fruit-based. My thread is about the modern "paleo" diet and how it's factually wrong and unhealthy longterm. Maybe those following or sorta following it are in denial about that.

Because that graphic is just a super simple example, its not detailed. If you actually read up on it, you'd know what I'm saying is factual.
    What about that primal blueprint graph from the primal blueprint website is omitting that makes it not what the graph indicates?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast