View Poll Results: Do You Support Defunding Police?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, fully defund the police

6 35.29%
  • Some defunding

9 52.94%
  • No, do not defund any police

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Defunding Police?

Do You Support Defunding Police?

Pretty simple question. I dont expect anyone to defend their answers so the poll is marked Private. Not looking to start fights.

I agree with some defunding, but not fully cutting off all police everywhere at the same time as that is just asking for mass violence everywhere, which is what I really think the current gameplan is.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the past, I would say hell yeah. However, I need to see what they will replace it with.

Enhanced cultural sensitivity training, brutality awareness training, equality awareness training, mandatory all lives matter training... but not defunding.

There are many good officers who put their lives on the line to help others, manage peace and scare away the bad guys.
    If there is defunding, who will do the peace management for the weak and defenseless in society? Not everyone can call Military/National Guard to defend their residence as resident of White Home did last week (allegedly).

Plus risk of slipper slope, where would such a defunding stop.. will defunding of Military/CIA etc would be next that are so essentioal to defend and spread our democratic, freedom and equality based way lof life?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    In the past, I would say hell yeah. However, I need to see what they will replace it with.
    That is my current hesitation also. I suspect Military, and that situation will be far worse than current cops.

If we keep the Police, then we need OATHKEEPERS more than ever.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Take away the tanks, bombs and military gear.

We still need cops to enforce the laws.

I'm for defunding all federal agencies that carry weapons within the US borders.

By "defunding" I mean their pensions too!

Local and state agencies should be up to the people.

Yes.

My small community of sane white people would do just fine without cops, who at my level are much more likely to be enforcing fatwas and edicts that would prevent me from taking care of myself.

In the large cities, as long as there is skirmish line or mined no man's land that prevents escape, yes.

Let them sort it amongst themselves after giving notice of closure so that the few sane people could leave while they had the chance.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I am sitting on the fence with this because like @RJB said what will they replace cops with? Or is Nancy and her gang going to somehow funnel the money for police to their own pockets? This is so F!@#ed up.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    trained to oppress palestinians?
    DISQUALIFIED
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I am sitting on the fence with this because like @RJB said what will they replace cops with? Or is Nancy and her gang going to somehow funnel the money for police to their own pockets? This is so F!@#ed up.
    Standard procedure in any Marxist revolution is to give the Antifa street gangs badges and guns, and eventually, they would be given orders to kill anyone at any time for any petty perceived dissent from current party dogma.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-08-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm for defunding all federal agencies that carry weapons within the US borders.

By "defunding" I mean their pensions too!

Local and state agencies should be up to the people.
    Public pensions and unions are a huge problem. In an ideal world, those could be cut down to private business standards. The Marxists would do the exact opposite though.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Stand procedure in any Marxist revolution is to give the Antifa street gangs badges and guns, and eventually, they would be given orders to kill anyone at any time for any petty perceived dissent from current party dogma.
    Exactly!

Short term, partially defund seems reasonable. Longterm, would like to fully defund.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If the unjust laws being enforced by the police were repealed, we could do with far fewer police.

The obvious candidate is the drug prohibition laws, which account about 16% of all arrests, and many more indirectly.

There are other issues.

Suffice it to say, yes, the police should be generally "de-funded," though this will vary from place to place (some places need more police).

I am not interested in a republican version of healthcare police, whether military, or internationally.

Of the 3 options, they seem to be trick questions. So once again, I refrain from voting.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Armed Human Relation Councils
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Armed Human Relation Councils
    AHRChoooo
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    If the unjust laws being enforced by the police were repealed, we could do with far fewer police.

The obvious candidate is the drug prohibition laws, which account about 16% of all arrests, and many more indirectly.

There are other issues.

Suffice it to say, yes, the police should be generally "de-funded," though this will vary from place to place (some places need more police).
    A huge part of the problem with Police is that they focus on revenue generation, while ignoring their legitimate function of protecting life and property. The public does not want them to do that, but given that power, they can not resist using it. Budgets will always need to increase, by any means necessary. In general, incompetence and over spending is rewarded with bigger budgets, in both the public and private sectors.

I voted yes, fully defund.

1. They have zero problems defunding me
    2. Let these looney lefties try to enforce their insane unconstitutional fatwa's themselves.
    3. This will sound heartless but I don't GAF if the cities implode, they've been imposing their tyranny on the rest of the country for too long. It won't happen in rural America. Maybe this is just the wake up call they need in the cities. Get woke, $#@!ing choke.
    4. Cops have been running rampant for far too long now, if the sheeple are to timid to fend for themselves then tough, learn to stand up.
    "The Patriarch"

Yes, $#@! the police.

However we must remove all gun control restrictions at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I am not interested in a republican version of healthcare police, whether military, or internationally.

Of the 3 options, they seem to be trick questions. So once again, I refrain from voting.

Don't let @TheTexan hear you say that!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Yes, $#@! the police.

However we must remove all gun control restrictions at the same time.
    This.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    A huge part of the problem with Police is that they focus on revenue generation, while ignoring their legitimate function of protecting life and property. The public does not want them to do that, but given that power, they can not resist using it. Budgets will always need to increase, by any means necessary. In general, incompetence and over spending is rewarded with bigger budgets, in both the public and private sectors.
    Another problem with the police is they will defend anyone no matter what they have done and without question if they are a fellow officer no matter the jurisdiction. They will go as far as to hurt and kill the victim to defend the blue family. The blue family being those that are employed, past employed, family member, friend or relative of the police or judiciary.

The police and judiciary are like a cult and they must be destroyed.
    Last edited by kahless; 06-08-2020 at 11:57 PM.

This.

Whatever the radical left has in mind will probably be worse than the status quo. I'd also prefer to restore the 2nd Amendment beforehand so that we can defend ourselves without being subject to criminal prosecution (from the feds, sheriff, etc.).
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm with RJB here: What will replace it?

Defunding police by itself is putting the cart before the horse. Repeal the unnecessary laws, and we won't need as many police. Don't, and you'll have fewer police to handle actual crime, but they'll still find time to harass the easy targets over collecting rain water in a bucket and petty firearms paperwork hassles: Anarcho-tyranny.

The furthest defunding I'd be immediately comfortable with in the context of our current society would be:
    1. Repeal unnecessary laws, or restrict enforcement only to the basics for addressing aggression (murder, rape, assault, arson, theft, vandalism, fraud, etc.). This would be insufficient without a judicial system that actually worked though.
    2. Restore the Second Amendment.
    3. Restructure ALL police under elected sheriffs.
    4. Eliminate no-knock raids, except for organized criminals so highly ranked that they're otherwise untouchable. Raid George Soros once a day with Seal Team 6. Otherwise replace raids with stakeouts and low-profile, low-intensity "surprise" arrests in safer outdoor locations whenever possible.
    5. Partially defund police via layoffs: Fewer things are criminalized, so we need fewer cops. Start taking high IQ candidates and enforce rigorous training in the Constitution, the law, deescalation, stakeouts, and nonlethal submission. Enforce extremely high standards of accountability...independent criminal investigation for every shooting/killing (not sure HOW this should work structurally to avoid corruption and perverse incentives), and no qualified immunity for police, prosecutors, judges, or anyone else. Double the pay to sweeten the deal and actually attract cream-of-the-crop candidates.

Most of those steps can be done in any order, except the defunding must come after repealing bad laws and upholding the Second.

Someday, in a brilliant unicorn rainbow fairy land future society where literally everything except the police and courts are privatized, it may then be worth experimenting further with Rothbard's ideas. Until then...
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 06-08-2020 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Is there a refund? Seems like paying into social security and then opting out of receiving it.
    Since democrats are for defunding of police would they also defund their own security bodyguards? who are also armed and military trained

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Since democrats are for defunding of police would they also defund their own security bodyguards? who are also armed and military trained
    To me its just funny becauae democrats are always making you pay for government you dont get to use and now in order to stop police brutality their solution is less cops not more cops to keep a close eye on other cops for quality assurance and cops not getting away with murdering you. Community advocates that are not on anyones side like a local politician that does their job and doesnt take sides. Better non lethal training and psychological screening?? No just get rid of laws the American experiment is over is what they keep repeating. Why the $#@! does the MSM want people to feel like they dont have a country anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    To me its just funny becauae democrats are always making you pay for government you dont get to use and now in order to stop police brutality their solution is less cops not more cops to keep a close eye on other cops for quality assurance and cops not getting away with murdering you. Community advocates that are not on anyones side like a local politician that does their job and doesnt take sides. Better non lethal training and psychological screening?? No just get rid of laws the American experiment is over is what they keep repeating. Why the $#@! does the MSM want people to feel like they dont have a country anymore?
    Whats even more ridicules that the BLM or its activists want to replace the police with social workers? even for a simple police task like a thief or murder? and just how are social workers going to handle murders, rapists? or social workers be raped or killed in a social scene!? this is crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast