Thread: Western France Runs Out Of Gas As "Massive Strikes" Set To Paralyze Entire Nation

Western France Runs Out Of Gas As "Massive Strikes" Set To Paralyze Entire Nation

France is bracing for major transportation disruptions throughout the country starting Thursday, as trade unions launch a strike in response to changes President Emmanuel Macron wants to make to the country’s retirement system, while port blockades have resulted in widespread fuel shortages across the country. Much of the Paris Metro will be shut down, as will many national and international train lines, including certain Eurostar services. Flights will also be canceled, as air traffic controllers say they will join the protests through Saturday.
    Hundreds of filling stations around western France have run out of gasoline and diesel as blockades of oil refineries enter their second week according to industry group UFIP. According to The Local, construction workers have been blockading refineries in Brittany since last week and a blockade at La Rochelle has resumed.
    French media reported on Tuesday morning that 390 filling stations have no fuel at all, and another 389 have limited supplies. The areas affected include Brittany, the west of France, the south east coast area around Marseille and some parts of eastern France near the Swiss border.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-entire-nation
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome, anything that screws with France is awesome.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

So they will implement the Greta Thunberg agenda a little early. Good for them. They generally support it, so they might as well get on with it. They can use green solar power and electric trains and cars.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

French workers voted on Monday to halt production at a key oil facility that supplies Paris and the surrounding region, joining other petroleum industry shutdowns in a nationwide strike against government pension reforms.Industrial action against President Emmanuel Macron's reforms has also crippled train services over the past two weeks, escalating into clashes between protesters and police in the capital earlier on Monday.
    Production at Total's Grandpuits oil refinery and petrol depot southeast of Paris will stop as a result of the vote by workers from the hardline CGT union.
    "The decision has been taken to halt Grandpuits but with a slight majority. The management has asked for an hour of reflection," a CGT union official said.
    Grandpuits was already producing at minimum capacity before the union vote due to the strike, which is blocking deliveries from the refinery, Total said.
    The vote contrasted with a reassuring message on Monday from the French energy ministry, which said fuel supplies to gas stations were normal despite calls by the CGT to shut down production at refineries.
    Prime Minister Edouard Philippe's office said it would restart talks with unions on pension reform on Jan. 7. Separate talks will also be held with teachers' and hospital workers' unions from Jan. 13, the government said.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/scuffles-brea...112528027.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Whatever happened to those yellow vest protests? Seriously, I don't recall how that played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Whatever happened to those yellow vest protests? Seriously, I don't recall how that played out.
    They still protest every week.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Today was the 58th consecutive weekend of huge #YellowVest protests across France against Macron.
    Riot police responded with force. pic.twitter.com/igKHccqqgH
    — Global Breaking News (@GBNReports) December 22, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Macron is a globalist puppet. France needs Mrs. Le Pen.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.