Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lawmakers agree on $1T plan government-wide funding bill

The 1,665-page bill
    Holy crap! Just for 5 months of status quo spending? I'm calling bs that this requires a 1665 page bill. What other crap are they sneaking into it and who is supposed to read that in 2 days before voting on it??

It'll fry my brain but I'm going to read this thing if I can find it. Anybody have a link to the bill handy?

eta: looks like it hasn't been released onto Congress websites yet and may not be until the last moment before it's voted on. At least Jim Jordan is saying that he expects a lot of opposition to it and judging by comments on articles PEOPLE ARE PISSED. Might still be an interesting week after all...
    Last edited by devil21; 05-01-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump should be putting Ryan and McConnell in front of a firing squad for allowing him to be so embarrassed by this Schumer spending bill.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Everybody likes cash.

How come these $#@!ers get to spend more than they earn?
    That's how it works when you're spending other people's money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    That's how it works when you're spending other people's money.
    But even other's people money are not enough. These $#@!ers need more!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is brutal. I am not sure we should be doing this to other members.
    I'm sure dannno can find the MAGA within himself to lift himself up by his own chinstraps and Trumpsplain this away.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I swear to god....

Would someone please post a $#@!ing primer on how to post a tweet from twitter????? It's like $#@!ing organic chemistry for Christ's sake.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6460869

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Even the Puerto Rico bailout is included!

Puerto Rico would get an emergency injection of $295 million in additional funding for its Medicaid health insurance program for the poor, according to the aide who asked not to be identified. The impoverished U.S. territory is facing a severe Medicaid funding shortfall.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Is that going to be enough, maybe they need 2 trillion to make it to September?

It gets better:

“We’re very happy with it,” the president said Monday in an interview with Bloomberg News. The plan would allocate some new funding for border security, though the funds couldn’t be used to build his promised wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. The president said he will sign the bill if it remains "as we discussed."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well, here's hoping that the GOP base finally wakes up. They've been wanting both houses of Congress and the Presidency in order to "get things done" and they finally got it. Maybe now they'll see there isn't a difference between the parties? Hoping?

I mean, they gave GWB a pass since, y'know, 9-11 and all... What's Trump's excuse? North Korea? Syrian goat herders?
    We won't stop spending and wake up until there's a currency crisis. In other words until we have to stop spending.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Is that going to be enough, maybe they need 2 trillion to make it to September?
    I'm confused about how the debt ceiling factors into this. I'm assuming they've authorized the spending but they haven't authorized the borrowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    We won't stop spending and wake up until there's a currency crisis. In other words until we have to stop spending.
    It's the "I can't be overdrawn, I still have some checks left" theory
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    It's the "I can't be overdrawn, I still have some checks left" theory
    And that's why I kindof support the tax cut with no spending cut idea.

$1,000,000,000,000???

Shut it down, lock it up & throw away the key!

Remember when we were all shocked about a billion dollar budget?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I don't know...

The last time a major Western country had a currency crisis, it ended in a bunker under the Reich Chancellery.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn no trumpets yet...
    Is this a record?

Economic globalist lol

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I don't know...

The last time a major Western country had a currency crisis, it ended in a bunker under the Reich Chancellery.
    Yes, but "major western countries" is a pretty small list. There's been lots of currency failures in other countries. And why are "major western countries" immune to the laws of supply and demand? I don't see how we can NOT have a currency crisis, from a numbers point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmanoman View Post
    Damn no trumpets yet...
    Is this a record?

Economic globalist lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Yes, but "major western countries" is a pretty small list. There's been lots of currency failures in other countries. And why are "major western countries" immune to the laws of supply and demand? I don't see how we can NOT have a currency crisis, from a numbers point of view.
    Trump: I will preside over a bigly currency crisis. The Best currency crisis! No other president has even come close! That, I can tell you.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

I think we may have misunderstood one another.

I'm not saying we won't have a currency crisis (given continuation of the current policies, we almost certainly will).

I'm saying that that crisis isn't likely to cause people to wake up; it's more likely that it causes them to turn to a demagogic psycho.

Basically, I don't buy the collapse-as-solution theory.

I think we may have misunderstood one another.

I'm not saying we won't have a currency crisis (given continuation of the current policies, we almost certainly will).

I'm saying that that crisis isn't likely to cause people to wake up; it's more likely that it causes them to turn to a demagogic psycho.

Basically, I don't buy the collapse-as-solution theory.
    You may be right. My theory is that we won't change until there's a currency crisis. When that happens I think we have a chance to do the right thing, but we could also go full totalitarian.

You may be right. My theory is that we won't change until there's a currency crisis. When that happens I think we have a chance to do the right thing, but we could also go full totalitarian.
    I'd agree with that, just don't like the odds.

Still waiting for my Trumpsplanation @dannno

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still waiting for my Trumpsplanation @dannno
    Why? What does this have to do with Trump? I thought the legislative branch were the "lawmakers"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why? What does this have to do with Trump? I thought the legislative branch were the "lawmakers"
    President Donald Trump said he’ll sign a bipartisan $1.1 trillion spending bill that largely tracks Democratic priorities and rejects most of his wish list, including funds for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. “We’re very happy with it,” the president said Monday in an interview with Bloomberg News. The plan would allocate some new funding for border security, though the funds couldn’t be used to build his promised wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. The president said he will sign the bill if it remains "as we discussed."
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-spending-bill

I think Bill Mitchell is still saying this is his way of making Paul Ryan look like a total failure. I dunno. I'll wait and see though, the msm lies about everything.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think Bill Mitchell is still saying this is his way of making Paul Ryan look like a total failure. I dunno. I'll wait and see though, the msm lies about everything.
    I'll credit that as progress.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast