Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trump admin prepares charges to seek arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange

Why can't we just criticize Trump on the basis of things that Trump actually does?

Instead of attacking Trump on the basis of things that Trumps enemies say he will do?

Trumps enemies are Ron Paul's enemies, and the enemies of Trump and Ron Paul are not trustworthy. But, somehow, the same people who were attacking Ron Paul and Rand Paul are to be believed. And this is the Ron Paul Forum, this site should be for people who like Ron Paul, but, you know, freedom, I guess that people who don't like Ron Paul can go ahead and take the side of the suckoligopoly who hates Ron Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't seen any regulations repealed, that address to Congress you keep calling the 'State of the Trump' (does that refer to 'New York', 'bald and orange', or 'insane'?) he promises to enlarge the DHS, that judge has yet to prove himself Constitutional, I don't know what you think she could have done to alternative media like Wikileaks that he isn't doing, and we are in a Syrian boondoggle.

So, I'm still waiting to hear.

Last edited by acptulsa; 04-21-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Trump is wrong--plain and simple. I didn't need anyone to tell me that either. When I heard him say that, I did not agree then and I certainly do not agree if he still feels that way.

I am not a stooge who thinks Trump is the end all, be all. He isn't--he is just a man, and certainly not infallible. However, if Hillary were in for 100 hundred days, we would be a helluva lot worse off.
    Okay. Please come back to reality. The election is over and there is no chance that Hillary will somehow become president if we don't defend Trump against everything that the media says about him even when it's true. In the case of this thread it's a report by CNN that the Trump administration is seeking charges against Julian Assange. That is congruent with Trump's statements during the campaign about going after people like Edward Snowden. It's not "fake news" just because the source is CNN and, to us in the liberty movement, it's a bad thing. To bobus Americanus, Trump going after our heroes is how you "make America great again!" So CNN could have been putting this out to boost Trump's poll numbers. Or they could have been simply reporting the truth. A broken clock is right twice a day.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Why can't we just criticize Trump on the basis of things that Trump actually does?
    Like bombing Syria, increased groping by the TSA, sending three carrier groups to North Korea etc? Sure.

Instead of attacking Trump on the basis of things that Trumps enemies say he will do?
    Are his "enemies" members of his own cabinet?

Trumps enemies are Ron Paul's enemies, and the enemies of Trump and Ron Paul are not trustworthy.
    You haven't been listing to Ron Paul lately. He's been very anti Trump. When people here say the same things Ron Paul says people like you say we are parroting Ron Paul's enemies. Surreal.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Wait a minute! I thought Trump was the 'man with the balls to stand up to the deep state'. CNN may be/is full of $#@!, that doesn't change the fact that Sessions said Assange's arrest was a priority and Pompeo described WikiLeaks as a "A non-state hostile intelligence service".

These are Trump appointees, his boys talking. This is all on Trump and nobody else. Liberal my ass.
    Are you quoting me? Did I say Trump had those balls? It seems that you're changing the subject.

I voted for Trump because the other choice was Hillary - and as long as it was Hillary vs anybody else (except Bush), I'd vote for anybody else. And it was Trump.

Hillary is a horrible human being and if you don't know this, you're stupid and if you do know this and don't care, you're evil.

In case you were wondering, both Ron and Rand Paul have run for President, as GOP. 3 Presidential races in a row. There isn't some debate here about whether the boilerplate Democrat positions are good ones.

Don't we all know that there's a real huge shortage of politicians who are against the deep state. Whether Trump is or is not a good manager isn't the point as much as the fact that there just aren't that many human beings on the planet who don't like the deep state and the CIA and want to do battle with those who murder and get away with it.

Also consider that conventional wisdom on both the D and the R sides hasn't been anti war in decades. So, the farm teams on both sides are filled with war mongers and you can't just find a whole bunch of war mongers. This isn't the NFL, you can't just say "what about using running QBs, Tebow is available, he wins even though he doesn't throw well, or any number of other choices" There aren't humans who are anti war and want to do battle with the CIA. And if you can get them, you have the spies and media attacking them with the goal of removing them. That's the reality of the situation.

Don't we all know that there's a real huge shortage of politicians who are against the deep state. Whether Trump is or is not a good manager isn't the point as much as the fact that there just aren't that many human beings on the planet who don't like the deep state and the CIA and want to do battle with those who murder and get away with it.
    If you still believe trump is anti-Deep State, you've slept through the last three months. And I envy you for it.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Are you quoting me? Did I say Trump had those balls? It seems that you're changing the subject.
    It seems to me that the "subject" of this thread is the fact that the Trump administration is going after Julian Assange. And no, it's not "Trump's enemies" saying that. It's Trump's CIA director saying that. The "subject" isn't how much you dislike Hillary or CNN or whatever. The "subject" of this thread is one more bad thing that is happening post Trump. Confronting what the Trump administration is doing wrong will not magically make Hillary become president ex post facto.

Banned

Blog Entries
    So anybody got the actual quote where Sessions said he is going after Assange?

When asked this question directly, his answer was "no comment".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

The united states and the western world as a whole is condemning him as a rogue intelligence agency. I said this before and I will say it again. They are going to hang whistleblowers and make examples out them. The idea is to make people afraid of whistleblowing. If you don't think they will do it then you don't know our country very well. They can march in there and take him any time they want, just like they claim they did with Osama Bin Laden.

I still can't believe they are pushing the annex of Golan Heights so blatant and open. I know they are pushing this creation of a new union of countries in the middle east with Israel as some unifier- but normally they hide behind lies. I think that this is the new mind control, they will put so much information out there even some factual and have people filter out the information that unsettles them.

Banned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The united states and the western world as a whole is condemning him as a rogue intelligence agency. I said this before and I will say it again. They are going to hang whistleblowers and make examples out them. The idea is to make people afraid of whistleblowing. If you don't think they will do it then you don't know our country very well. They can march in there and take him any time they want, just like they claim they did with Osama Bin Laden.

I still can't believe they are pushing the annex of Golan Heights so blatant and open. I know they are pushing this creation of a new union of countries in the middle east with Israel as some unifier- but normally they hide behind lies. I think that this is the new mind control, they will put so much information out there even some factual and have people filter out the information that unsettles them.
    With all due respect, that isn't a quote, so why are you quoting me?
    Last edited by UWDude; 04-21-2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: due unto others

Banned

Blog Entries
    If it is confidential, why can Pompeo say they are going after Assange, but Sessions can't say they are going after Assange?

And Wikileaks did say the Trump administration is going after Assange, but they did so by quoting a CNN story.
    Wikileaks never quotes CNN unless to mock them or correct them.

With all due respect, that isn't a quote, so why are you quoting me?
    Uh well I sort of just clicked that button on accident but this whole quote or it didn't happen is not a good argument at all. You can't just say pictures or it didn't happen. Can you name one person on Trumps cabinet who has said that whistleblowers are important because they allow us to make sure the government is accountable for their actions and does not infringe upon the constitution. WHO WATCHES THE WATCHERS UWDUDE?

Banned

Blog Entries
    They aren't just going to get Assange either, they are going after every person who leaked intel to him.
    explain this then:

And Wikileaks did say the Trump administration is going after Assange, but they did so by quoting a CNN story.
    Wikileaks never quotes CNN unless to mock them or correct them.
    this whole quote or it didn't happen is not a good argument at all
    It certainly is in this day and age, especially when people are quoting CNN and MSNBC who right now are saying the riots in venzuela are because of Trump donations. That's what you call FAKE NEWS.

I want primary source. Until then, you can all eat $#@!.
    Last edited by UWDude; 04-21-2017 at 09:16 PM.

explain this then:
    You're right, he's not the real target, they are targeting the people who leaked the data to him. He is just some guy who gets data leaked to him, he is not some super genius who uploaded google to his head.

Mordan on Ron Paul: "But with Trump specifically he decided that Trump was just as bad as Hillary. He is a senile moron for saying that."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Outstanding.
    Isn't Le Pen another far right Trojan horse Mossad candidate? The propaganda I have seen has pointed her at the Russians. I don't know much about their election but I have a feeling its going to be as chaotic as ours was.

For people who don't like to click:

President Donald Trump says that if the Justice Department wants to charge WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, "it's OK with me."

Trump says he is not involved in that decision-making process, but would support Attorney General Jeff Sessions if he charged Assange with a crime.

The administration has stepped up its rhetoric against WikiLeaks in recent days, despite the fact that Trump welcomed the group's release of a top Hillary Clinton aide's emails during the election.

Sessions told reporters Thursday that Assange's arrest is a priority as the Justice Department steps up efforts to prosecute people who leak classified information to the media. CIA Director Mike Pompeo last week denounced WikiLeaks as a "hostile intelligence service" and a threat to U.S. national security.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

I voted for Trump because the other choice was Hillary - and as long as it was Hillary vs anybody else (except Bush), I'd vote for anybody else. And it was Trump.

Hillary is a horrible human being and if you don't know this, you're stupid and if you do know this and don't care, you're evil.

In case you were wondering, both Ron and Rand Paul have run for President, as GOP. 3 Presidential races in a row. There isn't some debate here about whether the boilerplate Democrat positions are good ones.

Also consider that conventional wisdom on both the D and the R sides hasn't been anti war in decades. So, the farm teams on both sides are filled with war mongers and you can't just find a whole bunch of war mongers. This isn't the NFL, you can't just say "what about using running QBs, Tebow is available, he wins even though he doesn't throw well, or any number of other choices" There aren't humans who are anti war and want to do battle with the CIA. And if you can get them, you have the spies and media attacking them with the goal of removing them. That's the reality of the situation.
    I never said a damn thing about whether Trump is a good manager or not. The fact is these guys are Trump appointees, so one would assume they reflect his positions, at least generally. Right? If not, why would he appoint them?

Unless he's just lost in space, which is a fairly good bet in itself.

At any rate it's obvious he's no champion against "the deep state" as many here are proposing.
    "The Patriarch"

explain this then:

It certainly is in this day and age, especially when people are quoting CNN and MSNBC who right now are saying the riots in venzuela are because of Trump donations. That's what you call FAKE NEWS.

Eat your own $#@! you $#@!ing $#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

The president also appeared to side with his advisers' increasingly harder line on Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Assange's arrest was a priority for the Justice Department as it steps up efforts to prosecute people who leak classified information to the media.

The president said that he was not involved in the decision-making process regarding charging Assange but that the move would be "OK with me."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy

Isn't Le Pen another far right Trojan horse Mossad candidate? The propaganda I have seen has pointed her at the Russians. I don't know much about their election but I have a feeling its going to be as chaotic as ours was.
    I don't give a $#@! if she's the man in the moon, just so long as Snowden and Assange have safe asylum somewhere.

I don't give a $#@! if she's the man in the moon, just so long as Snowden and Assange have safe asylum somewhere.
    You don't give a $#@! if she is a Trojan horse candidate like Trump who is all for WikiLeaks before he gets elected and the afterwards is okay with taking his head?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trumps enemies are Ron Paul's enemies, and the enemies of Trump and Ron Paul are not trustworthy. But, somehow, the same people who were attacking Ron Paul and Rand Paul are to be believed. And this is the Ron Paul Forum, this site should be for people who like Ron Paul, but, you know, freedom, I guess that people who don't like Ron Paul can go ahead and take the side of the suckoligopoly who hates Ron Paul.
    Sorry, but I will judge him on what he does not whether the people who didn't like RP like him or not. That is completely irrelevant to me.
    "The Patriarch"

Banned

Blog Entries
    The president also appeared to side with his advisers' increasingly harder line on Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Assange's arrest was a priority for the Justice Department as it steps up efforts to prosecute people who leak classified information to the media.
    quote from sessions? I didn't see it in the article. Plus why would he say that, then say "no comment"?

I see it more and more. Just like the Syria "strike". This is to help LePen win. It is crucial she wins.

Women are starting to poll heavily towards LePen. This is to contrast herself with Trump, so woman can accept voting for her.

Add to that the "rapefugee" narrative, and there is going to be a "shocker" in France.

But what I think now is we can cheer for Trump, but the only reasons he is fighting the deep state, (and he is) is so he can install his own.
    Last edited by UWDude; 04-21-2017 at 10:49 PM.

President Donald would say you are buying into fakenews narrative, just like he said to the CIA on his very first public stop :

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

quote from sessions? I didn't see it in the article. Plus why would he say that, then say "no comment"?

I see it more and more. Just like the Syria "strike". This is to help LePen win. It is crucial she wins.

Women are starting to poll heavily towards LePen. This is to contrast herself with Trump, so woman can accept voting for her.

Add to that the "rapefugee" narrative, and there is going to be a "shocker" in France.

But what I think now is we can cheer for Trump, but the only reasons he is fighting the deep state, (and he is) is so he can install his own.
    Watch Sessions in the video in the OP.
    There is no spoon.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But if somebody is criticizing Trump, then at least for whatever time they spend doing that, they're our allies.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast