Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Boy" Scouts to allow transgenders.....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ummm, no.

Like Phill said, I'm fine up in the mountains.

I'll stand firm and high above the mudslides, avalanches and sewer spills of popular opinion.
    The funny part is that your reaction is very predictable. The older generation is usually the group to put up the biggest resistant to any change and the younger generation is usually the more accepting group. We are all playing our part in this intergenerational battle between stasis and change. I hate to tell you this, but change has a .900 batting average

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's $#@!ing child abuse is what it is, especially if they pump them up full of chemicals at a pre pubescent age.

http://www.voicesinbioethics.net/new...ender-children
    Yeah, these are little kids. They could grow up to be totally normal. It could just be a phase.

I'm not saying you discourage it, but you don't actively encourage it or take them to doctors and drug them.

Adults, you want to wear a dress and cut your willy off, hey whatever not my business. Kids who are too young to think for themselves or know better, yeah I am going to say something when their SJW parent do this to them.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The funny part is that your reaction is very predictable. The older generation is usually the group to put up the biggest resistant to any change and the younger generation is usually the more accepting group. We are all playing our part in this intergenerational battle between stasis and change. I hate to tell you this, but change has a .900 batting average
    I don't resist change. I encourage it. Hell, been actively preaching it in America since Reagan. The younger generation is more accepting because that is what is required of them by the creators of their environment. Us old farts are just not as gullible. My best advise to any kid is question everything. Find your ground. Stand on it.

No, people are not "getting more comfortable with it".

They are being forcefully propagandized to accept it, by a powerful media/cultural machine that sets the zeitgeist any way it chooses.

For those who do not comply, government and civil and financial sanctions are in place to keep them in line.
    Bingo. And if you're not 'comfortable' with it you're a raging bigot. $#@! that $#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Sounds dangerous, I remember how we used to put out the campfire when I was a kid. Somebody would get their butt steamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Bingo. And if you're not 'comfortable' with it you're a raging bigot. $#@! that $#@!.
    Yeah. It's understood to me now that the vitriol hurled is not because of my age and skin tone. When I espouse that "sovereignty" equals "equality" I'm told that, for the time being, the government needs to give special privilege. Reparations. And I'm am the bigot.

What's the "older generation" these days? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    me, I think

I have the same opinion I had over the whole bathroom nonsense. If you have boy parts, you're a boy. If you have girl parts, you are a girl. If you're "in transition" stay home until you're sure.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I wish I could go back to age 14.... I would identify as a girl and join Girl Scouts.

Camping in the woods with smores and dirty wimmins... that is what we need to Make This Country Great Again©
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 01-31-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think anyone old enough to have kids who have their own kids. So 50 yrs plus

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    me, I think

I have the same opinion I had over the whole bathroom nonsense. If you have boy parts, you're a boy. If you have girl parts, you are a girl. If you're "in transition" stay home until you're sure.
    You do know the trans in transsexual doesn't mean transition. In this case, trans is the opposite of cis meaning opposite sides. As in their sex and gender are not on the same side. Normally, I am very traditional when it come to things like this, but after watching a certain documentary on hormonal dysfunction in babies, I have softened by position on the issue.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ok.. my bad. I can't keep up
    I thought transgender was a person that had one set of junk and had surgery to switch to the other set of junk
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    ok.. my bad. I can't keep up
    I thought transgender was a person that had one set of junk and had surgery to switch to the other set of junk
    Keep up, it's now LBTQabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I haven't posted on here in awhile but I feel the need to chime in because I have a personal connection to this issue...

Not to bore you with the details, but I'm a mid-20s gay dude and I recently dated someone who decided they wanted to transition to a woman, so we broke it off. Politically, I'm a Rand Paul libertarian and very conservative on most issues, need I say more. But I have a soft heart on this because it's something I've come to understand and been touched by.

Before I knew my ex I never really understood transgenders and to this day still have some issues with understanding it. I personally attribute it to some underlying psychological issues, but I can't speak for others feelings. I was told that it was something he's known since he was a little kid, he has always been a woman inside, and it took until his early 20s to finally feel comfortable with it and be sure of it. This was something he struggled with for years and went back and forth on many times before finally being comfortable and ready to transition.

Long story short, I've come to believe it's something that an adult should be able to decide for themselves. I don't personally understand the feelings they may have, I can't connect to it myself, but I am not in a position to judge either. It's a personal liberty issue for me.

HOWEVER... I find it ridiculous for any parent in this country to allow or support their 9 year old son dressing up as a girl, wearing makeup and heels, or taking life-changing hormones. In fact it's child abuse. I also find it ridiculous to expect kids and their parents to be expected to put up with biological/physical girls being put in the same boy scout organization and sent on campouts etc... Kids should allowed to be kids without being hyper-sexualized by today's pathetic media and pop culture.

Yup, that's me, another reactionary old white dude who will be dead soon so my input will not matter and the glorious future will be yours.

And you are creating a hell on earth.

And I will not have to live through it.

What about transage and transspecies? If I identify as a kid, can I get in? If a kid identifies as a squirrel, does he get in?

Yup, that's me, another reactionary old white dude who will be dead soon so my input will not matter and the glorious future will be yours.

And you are creating a hell on earth.

And I will not have to live through it.

Your old folks probably said the same thing about Rock and roll and look at us now. This is fear mongering at is most basal form, don't worry accepting transpeople is not going to do this society in. If anything, the policies enacted by the politicians elected by the so called "greatest generation" is most likely to do us in than silly inconsequential things like Rock and roll and trans acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    What about transage and transspecies? If I identify as a kid, can I get in? If a kid identifies as a squirrel, does he get in?
    There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like a member of another species. You don't have to be absurd about it. This is a real disorder which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Also, i am not saying that there is no copy cat effect going on with some people who claim they are trans but some people indeed have different gender from their biological sex.

There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like a member of another species. You don't have to be absurd about it. This is a real disorder which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Also, i am not saying that there is no copy cat effect going on with some people who claim they are trans but some people indeed have different gender from their biological sex.
    You can't have a different gender than your biological sex because gender is merely a series of behavior that we label as masculine and feminine. They are constructs of culture and society - in actually there is no masculine or feminine behavior - there is only human behavior. To limit human behavior by tying it to one's body is an act against individual liberty and a form of collectivism and neurosexism. It reinforces stereotypes and goes against neuroscience and what we know of the brain.

If you have a kind of body dysphoria, whatever. Anorexics and people with BIID have it, too. The difference is, I'm not expected to go along with their convictions of being fat or of being disabled in an able body.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like the opposite sex. Men with low testosterone and high estrogen get bitch tits and decreased ball size, not a belief they are the wrong sex. They could believe they are in the wrong body, but that's a psychological issue not causally linked to the hormone imbalance.

Trans-anything is a mental illness to be pitied, and the people are worth helping. It must be absolutely awful to seriously believe you are not in the right body (or species, etc.), but to pretend this is something that should be accepted as normal and healthy is beyond the pale.

Change is going to come. Being browbeaten into accepting degeneracy as the new normal is unbecoming for anyone with a spine. Maybe trans-invertebrates will become the rage in this "new age" to come.

Anti Federalist's "predictable reaction" is the correct reaction.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 01-31-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    There is no hormone in the human system that would make you feel like the opposite sex. Men with low testosterone and high estrogen get bitch tits and decreased ball size, not a belief they are the wrong sex. They could believe they are in the wrong body, but that's a psychological issue not causally linked to the hormone imbalance.

Trans-anything is a mental illness to be pitied, and the people are worth helping. It must be absolutely awful to seriously believe you are not in the right body (or species, etc.), but to pretend this is something that should be accepted as normal and healthy is beyond the pale.

Change is going to come. Being browbeaten into accepting degeneracy as the new normal is unbecoming for anyone with a spine. Maybe trans-invertebrates will become the rage in this "new age" to come.

Anti Federalist's "predictable reaction" is the correct reaction.
    I am not talking about hormones produced as an adult. See, I watched a medical documentary a while back on hermaphrodites and other gender disorder and the way I understood how gender is assigned is this. Depending on the biological sex of the fetus, certain level of testosterone or estrogen is cycled through the fetus system(central nervous system) which essentially assigned them their gender. Now if for whatever reason, the wrong hormone level is cycled through your system, you would have a sexual dysfunction.

This is why little boys behave like boys even though little boy's gonads do not produce any sex hormone and the same for girls and the reason why a lot of the people with this dysfunction probably know something is wrong at a young age.

I am not talking about hormones produced as an adult. See, I watched a medical documentary a while back on hermaphrodites and other gender disorder and the way I understood how gender is assigned is this. Depending on the biological sex of the fetus, certain level of testosterone or estrogen is cycled through the fetus system(central nervous system) which essentially assigned them their gender. Now if for whatever reason, the wrong hormone level is cycled through your system, you would have a sexual dysfunction.
    History is rife with masculine women and effeminate men. No doubt hormone exposure while in the womb played a substantial role. I am more inclined to believe the hormone exposure may lead to greatly increased chances of homosexuality, but definitely not in a belief that their sex is wrong.

The former is not a denial of reality, the latter definitely is.

This is why little boys behave like boys even though little boy's gonads do not produce any sex hormone and the same for girls and the reason why a lot of the people with this dysfunction probably know something is wrong at a young age.
    An idea that germinates and becomes an obsession, leading to conclusions with no basis in reality.

In simpler terms: a mental illness. One that can be exacerbated by eager approval from those willing to consider it natural and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    History is rife with masculine women and effeminate men. No doubt hormone exposure while in the womb played a substantial role. I am more inclined to believe the hormone exposure may lead to greatly increased chances of homosexuality, but definitely not in a belief that their sex is wrong.

The former is not a denial of reality, the latter definitely is.

An idea that germinates and becomes an obsession, leading to conclusions with no basis in reality.

In simpler terms: a mental illness. One that can be exacerbated by eager approval from those willing to consider it natural and healthy.
    I agree it is a mental disorder but it doesn't mean that society should shun them and not try to accommodate them.

I think there is still a lot of research to be done on the topic but I tend to agree with the in vitro hormonal dysfunction as the culprit for this disorder and sadly, there is no pill available to fix it.

Y Chromosome = BOY
    No Y Chromosome = Girl
    No fad can change that.
    Lies and insanity can have their day in the sun but truth is eternal.

I agree it is a mental disorder but it doesn't mean that society should shun them and not try to accommodate them.

I think there is still a lot of research to be done on the topic but I tend to agree with the in vitro hormonal dysfunction as the culprit for this disorder and sadly, there is no pill available to fix it.
    And we should just accommodate insanity in all its forms? let the inmates rule us? sounds like PRCalifonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And we should just accommodate insanity in all its forms? let the inmates rule us? sounds like PRCalifonia.
    By accommodate, i mean this "to provide space or a place for a group:" Also mental disorder doesn't mean insanity. Everything doesn't have to be taken to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Welcome to the new reality where no idea is stupid enough to be rejected. You can not be too crazy.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By accommodate, i mean this "to provide space or a place for a group:" Also mental disorder doesn't mean insanity. Everything doesn't have to be taken to the extreme.
    Trans is insanity.
    They have 2 places to choose from: the real world where they have to use their Genetic correct Restroom, Or the Funny Farm where they can have their own personal Bathroom and imagine it is whatever kind they like.

Your old folks probably said the same thing about Rock and roll and look at us now. This is fear mongering at is most basal form, don't worry accepting transpeople is not going to do this society in. If anything, the policies enacted by the politicians elected by the so called "greatest generation" is most likely to do us in than silly inconsequential things like Rock and roll and trans acceptance.
    Are we more free now than then?

Are we under less surveillance now than then?

Acceptance assumes a voluntary interaction.

There is nothing voluntary about trans acceptance.

Or the latest flag that the SJW are going to pick up: "ageism".

Are we more free now than then?

I think we are less free now than before. The noose gets tighter and tighter with every passing day

Are we under less surveillance now than then?

We are more surveilled now but that I blame on better technology.

Acceptance assumes a voluntary interaction.

Nobody is forcing you to accept anything. You are holding out and you still have your freedom. Ofc, some people fall in line when societal pressure starts to weigh on them. That like peer pressure is still voluntary interaction. You can choose not to go along with society and be treated like an outcast. Its still your choice.

There is nothing voluntary about trans acceptance.

Show me who is putting a gun to your head or punishing your for not accepting?

Or the latest flag that the SJW are going to pick up: "ageism".
    Is that you playing the age card? cos it is a fact that older generation

1. Tend to be resistant to new ideas
    2. Believe that the next generation's habits and norms will lead to the destruction of society. The video about the Roman empire that I have been posting in Stefan threads had an example of this phenomenon. This behaviour in the older generation is well documented. It has nothing to do with SJW and its no form of bigotry.

I think we are less free now than before. The noose gets tighter and tighter with every passing day
    I think the noose is really tight or it is not tight at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast