Thread: Ron Paul - No National ID Petition, 'Police state' National ID Card Tucked In Immigration Bill

Ron Paul - No National ID Petition, 'Police state' National ID Card Tucked In Immigration Bill

I dont have any more information other than two links for you so I dont even know if this is up to date or not.

Here is the link to the Petition:

http://www.chooseliberty.org/no-national-id/

NO NATIONAL ID!

This is exactly the kind of fight that can decide whether a republic descends into tyranny.

This new National ID scheme filled with biometric information, linked to a federal database would be required for every American to work – and could include all sorts of other information like gun ownership, religious beliefs, and political involvement.

So please sign your NO NATIONAL ID petitions below, and agree to your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50, or even $10 or $25 TODAY!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
    Chairman, Campaign for Liberty

NO NATIONAL ID!
    Petition to My U.S. Representative and Senators
    Whereas: Privacy from government is a chief cornerstone of our liberties, enshrined in the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution; and

Whereas: The “Securing America’s Future Act,” H.R. 4760, establishes a mandatory National ID system requiring all Americans to carry a government-approved ID containing “biometric features”; and

Whereas: Without this card, Americans would not be able to legally hold a job; and

Whereas: This National Database could expand to include American citizens’ gun ownership status, religious beliefs, political affiliation and virtually anything else at the stroke of a President’s pen; and

Therefore: I urge you to oppose any legislation requiring U.S. citizens to obtain a National ID – or any other bill that would establish a national database storing ANY information on American citizens.
    ---

Found that on WND here:

'Police state' National ID Card Tucked In Immigration Bill
    http://www.wnd.com/2018/01/police-st...in-major-bill/

Inserted in a sweeping House bill introduced earlier this month called Securing America’s Future Act of 2018 is the establishment of a new biometric National ID card for all Americans that has privacy activists sounding alarms.

Introduced by Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., H.R. 4760 encompasses issues such as education, Homeland Security and the military. Buried in the 400-page legislation is the new mandatory national identification system in which citizens would be required to carry a government-approved ID containing “biometric features.”

The bill states that anyone seeking employment in the country must have the card.

The purpose of the measure, part of the legislative solution to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, is to curb illegal immigration. It specifically addresses the shortcomings of the E-Verify system, which has failed to catch an estimated 54 percent of illegal immigrant workers.

Ron Paul, the former Republican lawmaker and presidential candidate known for his libertarian views, has launched a campaign against the national ID through his non-profit Campaign for Liberty, including an online petition (same link to petition at top).

Paul, writing to his supporters, declared the proposed ID card “is exactly the type of battle that often decides whether a country remains free or continues sliding toward tyranny.”

Any further information on this would be useful.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is my main fear of all this illegal immigration mania, it's a perfect storm for advancing the police state. I don't have time to read the 400 pages unfortunately, I'm too busy doing the work Americans won't do.

Way too damn busy at the moment.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is my main fear of all this illegal immigration mania, it's a perfect storm for advancing the police state. I don't have time to read the 400 pages unfortunately, I'm too busy doing the work Americans won't do.

Way too damn busy at the moment.
    Exactly.

The whole "dem turrible immergrates" thing is to welcome in the National ID & more police state.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Exactly.

The whole "dem turrible immergrates" thing is to welcome in the National ID & more police state.
    What doesn't end in more police state around here anymore?

You have a whole population that hates and distrusts freedom, so every answer and every turn leads to more police state.

I'd leave here, if the few nice, free, sane places left on earth...didn't strictly limit immigration, like Switzerland or New Zealand for instance.

Is there a difference between national ID and the drivers license I have now ? If so I am probably opposed , but I cannot think of what would be different on it. As far as police state goes , only way to avoid it is avoid civilization .

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What doesn't end in more police state around here anymore?

You have a whole population that hates and distrusts freedom, so every answer and every turn leads to more police state.

I'd leave here, if the few nice, free, sane places left on earth...didn't strictly limit immigration, like Switzerland or New Zealand for instance.
    There are a few countries that actually practice what they preach. You can't have Open Borders AND Welfare. Both of those countries have pretty strong welfare systems from what I understand, but, they have had the sense to close their $#@!ing borders to every wannabe welfare recipient on the planet.

What is even funnier is Mexico's own immigration laws. From what I understand, their laws are actually quite harsh.

In regards to Police State, this yet again falls into the Hegalian Dialectic: Problem, Reaction, Solution. To figure it out, you have to work backwards the way those that benefit do. Start at the Solution, something that benefits them, then ask "what kind of Reaction do people need to have in order to accept our solution", then, you can put nearly ANY Problem in place. The Solution is always one that benefits them. Big Govt. That means to the average govt employee, perpetual raises, retirement, money for nothing, dont bother to save since you have a guaranteed income at the expense of non govt employees, so many will be in favor of ever increasing govt. Many may not be entirely okay with the solution, but this level of Cognitive Dissonance is usually won out by greed. And should a man actually quit a govt job due to their morality contradicting with the law, there are 10 more men just waiting to get into that govt job that will have no problem putting their morals aside.

Lets start with the Solution and work backwards.

Solution for them is to make govt bigger and lower business costs, typically by shipping jobs overseas. To achieve those goals, lets ask what type of reaction will need to happen in the existing people to accept both bigger govt and lower production costs? Reaction is simple: Anger towards current system or problem. So, govt becomes very lenient on immigration laws for those once here to replace the current workforce. The trouble is with many Americans, if they so much as attend a public school, any public school, they feel they are entitled to more money than illegals or immigrants. Illegals will tolerate a certain degree of income inequality in order to remain competitive with Americans, which lowers the cost to business owners and achieves one of their goals. Then we end up with a paradox. What do immigrants want if all the good jobs have already gone overseas? They arent coming here for the jobs, they are coming here for the Welfare. The only ones that can compete internationally are the immigrants that are willing to work for less than what people are paid in other parts of the world. That is the only way that we can remain competitive and even relevant. Sadly, this excludes many US born Americans, which also achieves another condition of govt goals, which is the Reaction phase and is intended to cause Anger. That Anger will be used to feed the further increase in the Police State and grow big govt even bigger. That is when people will tolerate a massive advance of the Police State, when that Anger is controlled and directed toward a problem that govt created. Govt has no intention of actually solving the problem, only growing itself. Finally, they have to create a Problem that people will become Angry over. And simply put, that Problem is to have both a Welfare State AND Open Borders which encourages illegal immigration and causes skilled jobs to go overseas while replacing unskilled jobs with illegals to be preferred over US born Americans due to labor costs, and demands of people to "reform immigration" allow for either the creation or advancement of a true Police State.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.