Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump to propose ideological test for immigrants to U.S.

Trump to propose ideological test for immigrants to U.S.

Donald Trump is expected to lay out specifics about his plan to defeat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in what his campaign is billing as a major speech on terrorism in the key swing state of Ohio on Monday.

While his plan doesn't appear to explicitly call for a ban to block all Muslims from the U.S., Trump will repeat his proposal to suspend immigration for people coming from countries "with a history of exporting terrorism and where adequate screening cannot be performed." In July, the GOP presidential nominee characterized this as more of an expansion of the Muslim ban plan.

In the speech, which he'll deliver at Youngstown State, Trump will also call for a "new screening test to admit only those who support U.S. laws and values," according to a campaign official.

"We will also engage in the ideological fight, speaking with clarity about the threat of Radical Islam, which openly advocates for the oppression of women, gays, Christians, Jews and nonbelievers, etc," an outline of his campaign's plan says.

Trump is also expected to promise to work with local and federal law enforcement on new protocols for "identifying signs of radicalization," and he will forgo "the political correctness that could have stopped previous attacks."

The campaign did not make clear what the new screening test would entail.

At the same time, the campaign said, "The Trump Administration will be a friend to all moderate Muslim reformers in the Middle East and will amplify their voices in the fight against Radical Islam."

Trump is also expected to blast both President Obama and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton for creating the vacuum that led to the rise of ISIS. The campaign says that their "foreign policy is directly responsible for the rise of ISIS." It argues that it gained power as a result of the failure to establish a new status of forces agreement in Iraq and the U.S. troop withdrawal as well as pushing or supporting regime change in Libya, Syria and Egypt.

It would be a change from his claim last week that Mr. Obama and Clinton are the founders of ISIS. He then said that it was just "sarcasm," and then later modified that tweeted statement to "I'm being sarcastic, then - but not that sarcastic, to be honest with you," when he addressed a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania Friday.

"The Trump administration will force a new foreign policy focused on destroying ISIS, not regime change. It is clear that the focus on regime change has created the vacuums that allow terrorists to grow and thrive," the campaign said.

As president, the campaign said Trump would focus on conducting military operations with any country interested in destroying ISIS and he would target the terror group's funding sources and disrupt their ability to recruit and promote propaganda online. All of these proposals are already policies that the Obama administration has been pursuing.

Besides introducing the Muslim ban after the San Bernardino attack in December, Trump has not been forthcoming about his plan to take on ISIS and other terror groups, arguing that he doesn't want to tip off his enemies.

During the primary season, Trump promised "quickly and decisively bomb the hell out of ISIS" and in March, he suggested that he would be willing to support a massive ground force to take on the terror group.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...migration-u-s/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better stick to the teleprompter...

Some of this sounds troubling, but way better than his past statements.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Is this for those coming up from Mx. or just those coming through Ellis island?

I get so confused.........

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Is this for those coming up from Mx. or just those coming through Ellis island?

I get so confused.........
    It says he wants to work with local and federal law enforcement, so it would extend to US citizens as well.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

How exactly will they be able to tell what someone's ideology is? Election thrower is throwing election.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    How exactly will they be able to tell what someone's ideology is?
    Skin color, facial air and accent silly.......

How exactly will they be able to tell what someone's ideology is? Election thrower is throwing election.
    Through a questionnaire. Here's one of the questions.

"Do you believe in marriage equality for LGBTs?" If you answer yes, you might be a terrorist and can't be let into the country. I wonder if most evangelical Christians know that Donald Trump's church supports gay marriage and gay clergy? Sure....it's their right to do that. But it this who people want setting up an "ideological screening" test?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    So just a hypothetical question being that I am Catholic. How would this work if there was a terrorist attack sponsored by the IRA? Would the same standard be applied by banning Irish immigrants and/or go after people like me since I am a white, middle aged Catholic with some Irish heritage?

Another thing that scares me is monitoring for radicalization, with their be a government eye in the sky at every type of church service or just in masques?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

The questionnaire could be something to the effect of "do you pledge an oath to adhere to our laws and the Constitution over Sharia Law?"
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If it's a test or 8 pm curfew, I say administer the test. It's only a matter of time before the deep state starts unleashing their sleeper cells and creating a Hegelian solution of their choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

The questionnaire could be something to the effect of "do you pledge an oath to adhere to our laws and the Constitution over Sharia Law?"
    It could, but it doesn't. Instead it looks like something the Southern Poverty Law Center cooked up. "Do you support gay rights? Do you believe in gender equality?" Seriously your boy Trump just gutted conservatives.....again.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I've lived here for over 50 years and I can't keep up with the laws that were written last quarter...........

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    So just a hypothetical question being that I am Catholic. How would this work if there was a terrorist attack sponsored by the IRA? Would the same standard be applied by banning Irish immigrants and/or go after people like me since I am a white, middle aged Catholic with some Irish heritage?

Another thing that scares me is monitoring for radicalization, with their be a government eye in the sky at every type of church service or just in masques?
    If the Catholic church doesn't start ordaining women as priests and performing gay marriage ceremonies you risk being labeled a terrorist by Trump.

Yeah that should work. Terrorists are unable to lie. It's in their DNA.

OK, he just explained this in his speech today. He would use a process called "extreme vetting".

Security theater is theatrical security ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/765262869906624512

Brilliant move by Trump. By refining the test from religious to ideological he makes his position virtually unassailable. Hillary will either have to copy him or look like a potential Merkel in waiting.

OK, he just explained this in his speech today. He would use a process called "extreme vetting".
    Dayum! ETREEEEME VETTIIING! Can't one up Trump.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    If the Catholic church doesn't start ordaining women as priests and performing gay marriage ceremonies you risk being labeled a terrorist by Trump.
    Yeah, didn't even think about that either.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Don't forget the shopping. Gotta go shopping. It's what is most important.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...migration-u-s/
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Skin color, facial air and accent silly.......
    Given that Trump sees Obama as founder of ISIS and lacking "genuine birther certificate", would Obama have been allowed in or stopped under tests Trump just proposed?
    I didn't listen to his speech today. For those who did, under Trump's proposed test, current POTUS Obama's father would or would not have been able to get in ?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/20/politi...ather-abusive/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It could, but it doesn't. Instead it looks like something the Southern Poverty Law Center cooked up. "Do you support gay rights? Do you believe in gender equality?" Seriously your boy Trump just gutted conservatives.....again.
    IF that is the standard, his buddy Putin could not come to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Brilliant move by Trump. By refining the test from religious to ideological he makes his position virtually unassailable. Hillary will either have to copy him or look like a potential Merkel in waiting.
    So you agree that anyone who doesn't believe in gay marriage is a potential terrorist? Cause that's what Trump just said in his "brilliance."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    IF that is the standard, his buddy Putin could not come to visit.
    Putin would get diplomatic immunity.

So you agree that anyone who doesn't believe in gay marriage is a potential terrorist? Cause that's what Trump just said in his "brilliance."
    Would rule out a lot of conservatives abroad. Would that mean Liberals Only?

There is no requirement that our country let in ANY foreigner. So, vetting them thoroughly, should not only be a requirement, it is common sense.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    There is no requirement that our country let in ANY foreigner. So, vetting them thoroughly, should not only be a requirement, it is common sense.
    Actually.....under current U.S. law a U.S. citizen has a right to petition to allow his or her spouse into the country. If that law is abrogated based on religion and/or ideology that is a violation of the 1st and 14th amendments to the U.S. Constitution. So Trumps original "Ban all Muslims" policy was facially unconstitutional.

Also its funny that while Trump got you and other supporters attacking the Khans, he later went on Hannity and said he would have let the Khans into the U.S. if he had been president, that they were fine people and that he thanked them and their son for his service. Oh....and contrary to the "The Khans are only against Trump for economic reasons because Mr. Khan is an immigration lawyer" BS put out by Trump supporters, Trump's "extreme vetting" proposal will actually make immigration lawyers filthy rich. Why? Because filling all of the new vetting paperwork will most likely require the assistance of...you guessed it....a lawyer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast