Thread: Ron Paul votes for impeachment

Ron Paul votes for impeachment

I don't know if this has been put up on here yet, but I just read on Global Research that nine republicans voted to put forth the impeachment.

Congressman Kevin Brady (TX)
    Congressman Wayne Gilchrest (MD)
    Congressman Walter B. Jones (NC)
    Representative Don Manzullo (IL)
    U.S. Congressman Tim Murphy(PA)
    Congressman Ron Paul (TX)
    Congressman Dave Reichert (WA)
    Congressman Christopher Shays (CT)
    Representative Mike Turner (OH)

here's the link
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...articleId=9628

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woot! Yay North Carolina!
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

What? It passed? Holy crap. Now we just need to get it through committee. And lookey there, my douchebag Senator John Conyers is presiding over the committee.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnagogue View Post
    What? It passed? Holy crap. Now we just need to get it through committee. And lookey there, my douchebag Senator John Conyers is presiding over the committee.

are we all soon to see hearings or a committee...?

I don't often tend to "second-guess" Ron's decisions.

Wow..interesting. tones

I thought impeachment was off of the table, and they were just going to do hearings ?

IIRC, Kucinich's original 35-articles of impeachment got shot down in committee.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Reichert's vote not really a yes

Congressman Dave "Fourth" Reich-ert's yes vote on impeachment was to bring the bill to the floor in order to kill it for good.

See his own words on his House website here: http://reichert.house.gov/News/Docum...cumentID=97892
    War is in fact the true nurse of executive aggrandizement. - James Madison

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/pres...each-bush.html

Says that they won't be able to vote on it.

"The catch: The committee can talk about anything deemed to be abuse of power by the president or the White House but not vote to impeach him, the first step toward removing him from office. "

I'm proud of Manzullo, didn't think he had it in him.

edit: sonofabitch, he also did so with the intent of killing it in committee. So there's at least 2 republicans with ulterior motives. Who wants to bet that Ron was the only honest "yes" vote here?
    Last edited by Grimnir Wotansvolk; 07-21-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnagogue View Post

John Conyers is a U.S. Representative not a Senator.
    "Oh no! Not this shit again?"
    Constitutional Libertarian Federalist