Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama in Talks to Provide Shows for Netflix

Obama in Talks to Provide Shows for Netflix

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/08/u...lix-shows.html

MARCH 8, 2018

WASHINGTON — Former President Barack Obama is in advanced negotiations with Netflix to produce a series of high-profile shows that will provide him a global platform after his departure from the White House, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Under terms of a proposed deal, which is not yet final, Netflix would pay Mr. Obama and his wife, Michelle, for exclusive content that would be available only on the streaming service, which has nearly 118 million subscribers around the world. The number of episodes and the formats for the shows have not been decided.

Mr. Obama does not intend to use his Netflix shows to directly respond to President Trump or conservative critics, according to people familiar with discussions about the programming. They said the Obamas had talked about producing shows that highlight inspirational stories.

But the Netflix deal, while not a direct answer to Fox News or Breitbart.com, would give Mr. Obama an unfiltered method of communication with the public similar to the audiences he already reaches through social media, with 101 million Twitter followers and 55 million people who have liked his Facebook page.

“President and Mrs. Obama have always believed in the power of storytelling to inspire,” Eric Schultz, a senior adviser to the former president, said Thursday. “Throughout their lives, they have lifted up stories of people whose efforts to make a difference are quietly changing the world for the better. As they consider their future personal plans, they continue to explore new ways to help others tell and share their stories.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will finally have a good enough reason to end my account with them

He an the slew of Hitler docs will bookend nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    Will finally have a good enough reason to end my account with them
    Indeed. Bunch of leftist bull$#@! as it is now.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

“President and Mrs. Obama have always believed in the power of storytelling to inspire,”
    Inspiring fear and false-pride to promote lies, sure. Easy television for easy marks.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Indeed. Bunch of leftist bull$#@! as it is now.
    Yep. Pretty much the entire entertainment industry has come out of the closet as open, leftist, progressive propaganda.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yep. Pretty much the entire entertainment industry has come out of the closet as open, leftist, progressive propaganda.
    Buy American!

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Buy American!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Who can we outsource MSM to?

Better there than on SCOTUS, which is where I was afraid he'd end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It always has been and I tolerated it because they were not too preachy and kept their politics relatively separate from their work. I can't even watch movies anymore. Bunch of preachy, braindead, hypocrites.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    It always has been and I tolerated it because they were not too preachy and kept their politics relatively separate from their work. I can't even watch movies anymore. Bunch of preachy, braindead, hypocrites.
    The celebs with well-rounded worldviews were always quieter, and never let themselves get backed into giving polarizing soundbytes. They weren't going to be snybody's shills. They are a dying breed. I guess you wouldn't call them celebrities, but, you know, actors.

Glad he's having a jolly good times with movies but has any investigative reporter sought his response to CA PTSD linked shooting that killed 4 people?
    Perhaps he could try to make some movies on costs of blood and treasure from wars he escalated on behalf of his masters, lives of troops and families of affected by his wars, children killed by his drone attacks?

It apears Wong was suffering from PTSD following his time in Afghan war bloodbath that Obama escalated. From recent reports, it is not clear if Obama is encouraging his own daughters to serve in Afghan war under Trump's watch now.

Posted: March 10, 2018

Who was Albert Wong? 4 things to know

By Bob D’Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk YOUNTVILLE, Calif. —

Albert Wong, 36, was a former Army rifleman who authorities said killed three hostages Friday at The Pathway Home, a nonprofit post-traumatic stress disorder program at the Veterans Home of California-Yountville. Wong, who also killed himself, had slipped into a going-away party for some Pathway employees Friday.
    KIlled Friday were Christine Loeber, 48; the executive director of the Pathway Program; Dr. Jen Golick, 42; a therapist; and Dr. Jennifer Gonzalez, 29, a clinical psychologist with the San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare System.

Here are four things to know about Wong.

Overseas service: Wong served in Afghanistan from 2011 to 2012, according to Department of Defense records. Wong served in the infantry during three years of active duty in the Army. His service in the Army ran from May 2010 through August 2013.

Decorated veteran: According to Department of Defense records, Wong was awarded four medals, including an Afghanistan campaign medal with two campaign stars. He also was awarded an expert marksmanship badge for a rifle.

Therapy patient: Wong, from Sacramento, was a former member of the Pathway Home program at the Veterans Home of California-Yountville, KGO reported.

http://m.thenew93q.com/news/who-was-...g-things-know/

Related

On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat

OBAMARAMA channel .

^^
    Oh $#@!, so that's what became of that story. No wonder it didn't make any waves, the shooter was damaged in our stupid wars.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 03-11-2018 at 09:43 AM.

I'm on Netflix watching Ash Vs. EVIL DEAD.

Not sure I'm seeing the political agenda lol.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Yeah I think I'll stick to Devilman Crybaby and Gunslinger Girl instead.............
    Last edited by Lamp; 03-11-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I'm on Netflix watching Ash Vs. EVIL DEAD.

Not sure I'm seeing the political agenda lol.
    There is no agenda at the Pirate Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Yeah I think I'll stick to Devilman Crybaby and Gunslinger Girl instead.............
    Hmm. I liked One Punch Man.

Netflix Forming Storytelling Partnership With Barack and Michelle Obama

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-r...michelle-obama

21 May 2018

Hollywood, Calif., May 21, 2018 -- President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series with Netflix, the world’s leading internet entertainment service.

The Obamas will produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries and features. These projects will be available to the 125 million member Netflix households in 190 countries.

The Obamas have established Higher Ground Productions as the entity under which they will produce content for Netflix.

“One of the simple joys of our time in public service was getting to meet so many fascinating people from all walks of life, and to help them share their experiences with a wider audience,” said President Obama. “That’s why Michelle and I are so excited to partner with Netflix – we hope to cultivate and curate the talented, inspiring, creative voices who are able to promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples, and help them share their stories with the entire world.”

“Barack and I have always believed in the power of storytelling to inspire us, to make us think differently about the world around us, and to help us open our minds and hearts to others,” said Mrs. Obama. “Netflix’s unparalleled service is a natural fit for the kinds of stories we want to share, and we look forward to starting this exciting new partnership.”

“Barack and Michelle Obama are among the world’s most respected and highly-recognized public figures and are uniquely positioned to discover and highlight stories of people who make a difference in their communities and strive to change the world for the better,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. “We are incredibly proud they have chosen to make Netflix the home for their formidable storytelling abilities.”

This murderous monster doesn't deserve any show whatsoever.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Campaign contributor helped Obamas score Netflix deal

https://nypost.com/2018/05/26/campai...-netflix-deal/

May 26, 2018

[IMG]http://********************************/2018/05/obamas-netflix-deal-campaign-contributor.jpg[/IMG]

Barack and Michelle Obama are raking in the cash, thanks to the influence of a former campaign supporter.

The couple last week signed a creative production deal with Netflix that one entertainment-industry source said could be valued at more than $50 million.

Ted Sarandos, a major campaign contributor for Obama and the streaming giant’s creative-content chief who oversees an $8 billion budget, helped to broker the deal, the source told The Post.

Sarandos and his wife, Nicole Avant, bundled nearly $600,000 in contributions to Obama from their friends and associates during the 2012 presidential campaign.

The couple is friends with the Obamas, and Avant served as the US ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009 to 2011, during the former president’s first term.

Her father, Clarence, a music exec, bundled a total of nearly $450,000 for Obama’s presidential campaigns.

The multiyear Netflix agreement, in the works since at least March, calls on the Obamas “to produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docuseries, documentaries and features,” which will be broadcast in 190 countries, according to a statement from the streaming service, which has 125 million subscribers around the globe.

The Obamas plan to work on stories that “promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples and help them share their stories with the entire world.”

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.co...eal-obamas.jpg

Netflix received hundreds of résumés and story ideas after announcing the partnership, the source said.

Netflix says the couple formed Higher Ground Productions LLC to broker the deal. A firm with that name was incorporated in Delaware in April, public records show.

The contract comes a year after the Obamas inked a joint book deal with Penguin Random House valued in excess of $65 million. The first of the deal’s planned books, Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” is due out in November.

Since leaving office, Barack Obama has addressed groups across the country, speaking about grassroots organizing and the problems of the poor.

Ironically, the talks come at a steep price. After a speech at a health-care conference sponsored by Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald in September, Obama reportedly took home $400,000.

In addition to raking in millions, the former first couple has been involved in fund-raising for the Obama Foundation, which is developing a $500 million presidential center and library in Chicago.

The foundation took in more than $13 million in 2016, an exponential increase from just under $2 million the previous year, federal filings show.

Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” is due out in November.
    Her male to female transition story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Obamas plan to work on stories that “promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples and help them share their stories with the entire world.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Cancelled Cancelled Cancelled Bitches !!!

Cancelled my service today
    Did you at least tell them why you cancelled? I have Netflix. I've watched most all their "Netflix and chill series." "Parks and Recreation," etc. I do like them for their "Innocence Project" series. "Making a Murderer" and "The Staircase" are great documentaries on the ability of the State to influence trials. So before I cancel I'll at least lodge a complaint and see where it goes from there.

no I didn't

after Susan Rice and whatnot, I figurd thay know exac;ty what they doing. . . $#@! them

no I didn't

after Susan Rice and whatnot, I figurd thay know exac;ty what they doing. . . $#@! them
    I understand. I just like to let those I drop know why I dropped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast