Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaza under attack by Israel

interesting points in this vid.....election time, statehood?
    Last edited by puppetmaster; 11-19-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Israel is really testing if "non-interventionists" mean what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I took the side of the Jews during WWII--because imprisoning, stealing, murdering and using people is wrong. Just as I took the side of the slaves and the Native Americans.

So when a few select people take umbrage at me using "strong language" in this and other threads--I ask you, have you put yourself in the shoes of the Palestinian people? Have you researched the actual facts regarding Israel's creation? Have you considered what you would do if your own child was a casualty of this "conflict" that should not be a conflict?

I do not care one whit for any religious belief when it attempts to make these things okay, because in my view--that is the antithesis of Christianity. It is the antithesis of morality--I do not care if you think it will bring back Jesus, because in my view, if Jesus is who you think he is, he will smite you for supporting such things. Prince of Peace, right?

If you think this makes me an anti-semite, you are as dumb as a bag of hammers--or you are spouting Hasbara.

I know this--if someone were to kill my child or a member of my family due to this sort of bull$#@!, it would be my life's work to make sure that those responsible paid the price. I am not Jesus, and I do not forgive such an incredible transgression.

The Ten Commandments apply or they don't, right?

If the Israelis can steal, murder, abort babies, covet and do it with the protection of American "Christians"--then why would I ever consider them legitimate? I don't care about ridiculous stuff like keeping Sharia law out of the US--and all this warfare does is bring (ironically) more Muslims to the US, so idiots like Peter King can scream like a $#@! about them, without ever seeing the underlying reasons that they're here in the first place.

Doing and supporting immoral actions has repercussions, it's a lot like karma. Think your choices through.
    We can thank the British for thier clarity when the ottoman Empire was carved up after WW1.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British..._for_Palestine

In 1916, Britain and France concluded the Sykes–Picot Agreement, which proposed to divide the Middle East between them into spheres of influence, with "Palestine" as an international enclave. (Pappé 1994, p. 3)

The British made two potentially conflicting promises regarding the territory it was expecting to acquire.[citation needed] In the McMahon-Hussein Correspondence of 1915 Britain had promised Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca, through T. E. Lawrence, independence for an Arab country covering most of the Arab Middle East in exchange for his support, while also promising to create and foster a Jewish national home in Palestine in the Balfour Declaration of 1917, in return for Jewish support.

The Sykes-Picot Agreement did not call for Arab sovereignty, but for the "suzerainty of an Arab chief" and "an international administration, the form of which is to be decided upon after consultation with Russia, and subsequently in consultation with the other allies, and the representatives of the Sherif of Mecca."[12] Under the terms of that agreement, the Zionist Organization needed to secure an agreement along the lines of the Faisal-Weizmann Agreement with the Sherif of Mecca.

At the Peace Conference in 1919, Emir Faisal, speaking on behalf of King Hussein, asked for Arab independence, or at minimum the right to pick the mandatory.[13] In the end, he recommended an Arab state under a British mandate.[14] The World Zionist Organization also asked for a British mandate, and asserted the 'historic title of the Jewish people to Palestine'.[15]

A confidential appendix to the report of the 1919 King-Crane Commission observed that "The Jews are distinctly for Britain as mandatory power, because of the Balfour declaration' and that the French 'resent the payment by the English to the Emir Faisal of a large monthly subsidy, which they claim covers a multitude of bribes, and enables the British to stand off and show clean hands while Arab agents do dirty work in their interest."[16] The Faisal-Weizmann Agreement called for British mediation of any disputes. It also called for the establishment of borders, after the Versailles peace conference, by a commission to be formed for the purpose. The World Zionist Organization later submitted to the peace conference a proposed map of the territory that did not include the area east of the Hedjaz Railway, including most of Transjordan. In the Sanremo Conference (24 April 1920) the Mandate for Palestine was allocated to Great Britain. France required the continuation of its religious protectorate in Palestine but Italy and Great Britain opposed it. France lost the religious protectorate but thanks to the Holy See continued to enjoy liturgical honors in Mandatory Palestine until 1924 when the honours were abolished (see: Protectorate of the Holy See).[17]

During and after World War I, Britain made conflicting and shifting commitments regarding the future division and governance of the region, including those announced in the Balfour Declaration of 1917, the Sykes-Picot Agreement, the McMahon–Hussein Correspondence, and the Churchill White Paper of 1922. At the San Remo conference, the boundaries of the mandated territories were not precisely defined.[18][19]

The Palastinians were promised territories for thier efforts in helping the British defeat the Ottomans who were alligned with Germany and Austria-Hungary during WW1. The story of lawrence of Arabia is based on this. They also made promises to Jews in The Balfour Declaration. So, basically Britian screwed the pooch on this one and we are still paying for a mistake made 100 years ago.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 11-19-2012 at 12:45 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    Israel is really testing if "non-interventionists" mean what they say.
    Excellent point. I've stopped being surprised by the strange arguments that people use for rationalizing Israel, but it's still confusing to hear people say they support non-intervention on one hand and then demand that the US steal billions and give it to Israel on the other.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by furface View Post
    but it's still confusing to hear people say they support non-intervention on one hand and then demand that the US steal billions and give it to Israel on the other.
    Nobody on these forums has said anything like that.

I took the side of the Jews during WWII--because imprisoning, stealing, murdering and using people is wrong. Just as I took the side of the slaves and the Native Americans.

So when a few select people take umbrage at me using "strong language" in this and other threads--I ask you, have you put yourself in the shoes of the Palestinian people? Have you researched the actual facts regarding Israel's creation? Have you considered what you would do if your own child was a casualty of this "conflict" that should not be a conflict?

I do not care one whit for any religious belief when it attempts to make these things okay, because in my view--that is the antithesis of Christianity. It is the antithesis of morality--I do not care if you think it will bring back Jesus, because in my view, if Jesus is who you think he is, he will smite you for supporting such things. Prince of Peace, right?

If you think this makes me an anti-semite, you are as dumb as a bag of hammers--or you are spouting Hasbara.

I know this--if someone were to kill my child or a member of my family due to this sort of bull$#@!, it would be my life's work to make sure that those responsible paid the price. I am not Jesus, and I do not forgive such an incredible transgression.

If the Israelis can steal, murder, abort babies, covet and do it with the protection of American "Christians"--then why would I ever consider them legitimate? I don't care about ridiculous stuff like keeping Sharia law out of the US--and all this warfare does is bring (ironically) more Muslims to the US, so idiots like Peter King can scream like a $#@! about them, without ever seeing the underlying reasons that they're here in the first place.

Doing and supporting immoral actions has repercussions, it's a lot like karma. Think your choices through.
    We obviously have a different view of this conflict, but I would say that my main objection is the type of rhetoric people use regarding Israel, not that they criticize them. I don't believe you said anything that I would consider extremely offensive. On the other hand, you see comments like this:

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Israel has killed 20 - 30 Palestinians per Israeli killed.
    Israel has imprisoned 1000's of Palestinians per Israeli captured.
    Israel has stolen land. Period. Israel refuses to stop building settlements.
    Israel refuses statehood so it can continue to assassinate elected leaders on a whim.
    Death to Israel.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I agree with what Ron says, but that is not largely what I see on these forums. I see hatred of Israel and a glorification of the Palestinians. Neither are perfect.

I just want us to stop funding any and all of them and somehow stop our government representatives from being bought off by special interests, or be thrown in prison where they belong.
    Bingo. The Palestinians are ruthless murderers as are elements of the Mossad and the IDF. The fact that we are seeing so many people take one side is beyond comical. It's like choosing between Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If Hamas deploys their chemical warhead arsenal into heavily populated civilian areas, I have no problem with the IDF flattening Gaza. That is the price for escalation. Hopefully, neither side abandons the conventional route. I wonder if Hamas are that shortsighted to do something so incredibly dumb.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Dang, Amy you most be the oldest new mother on record.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Outrage in Gaza Redux
    Posted: November 16, 2012 | Author: Rabbi Brant Rosen

Israel’s military assault on Gaza in 2008-09 represented an important turning point in my own relationship with Israel. I recall experiencing a new and previously unfamiliar feeling of anguish as Israel bombarded the people living in that tiny, besieged strip of land over and over, day after day after day. While I certainly felt a sense of tribal loyalty to the Israelis who withstood Qassam rocket fire from Gaza, I felt a newfound sense of concern and solidarity with Gazans who I believed were experiencing nothing short of oppression during this massive military onslaught.

And now it’s happening again. Only this time I don’t think the term “anguish” quite fits my mindset. Now it’s something much closer to rage.

It’s happening again. Once again 1.7 million people, mostly refugees, who have been living in what amounts to the world’s largest open air prison, are being subjected to a massive military assault at the hands of the world’s most militarized nation, using mostly US-made weapons. And our President is not only looking on – he is defending Israel’s onslaught by saying it has a right to “self-defense in light of the barrage of rocket attacks being launched from Gaza against Israeli civilians.”

Let’s be clear: this tragedy didn’t start with the Qassams. It didn’t start with the election of Hamas. And it didn’t start with the “instability” that followed Israel’s withdrawal from Gaza.

No, this is just the latest chapter of a much longer saga that began in 1947-48, when scores of Palestinians were ethnically cleansed from their cities and villages in the coastal plain and lower Galilee and warehoused in a tiny strip of land on the edge of the Mediterranean. By all accounts, most were simply too overwhelmed to realize what was happening. Some tried to return to their homes and were killed on sight. Others resisted by staging raids in the newly declared state of Israel. Sometimes they succeeded, more often they did not. Either way, Israel decided early on that it would respond to each of these reprisals with a overwhelming military show of force. And those reprisals and that show of force have essentially been ongoing until this very day.

I realize, of course, there is plenty of political subtext to this latest go-around. I’ve read the timelines and have formed my own opinions on the latest “who started it?” debate. I’ve also read plenty of analyses by Israeli observers who believe that this was not a response to Qassam fire at all but was very much a “war of choice” waged by an Israeli administration looking to shore up political support in an election season.

I’ve also read a widely circulated article from Ha’aretz about Israel’s recent execution of Ahmed Jabari (the head of Hamas’ military wing). I learned that up until now, Jabari was “Israel’s subcontractor” for security in the Gaza Strip, that Israel has been literally funding Hamas through intermediaries in exchange for peace and quiet on their southern border, and that when Jabari failed to deliver of late, the decision came down to take him out. Another article, written by the Israeli who negotiated with Jabari for the release of Gilad Shalit, revealed that negotiations were still ongoing between Jabari and Israeli officials when Israel assassinated him with a drone strike.

Yes, the wonky side of me has been avidly reading all these analyses. And while I do believe they provide an important counterbalance to the mythic statements by Israel’s Foreign Ministry and the US State Department, the more I read the cynical political subtext for this war, the sicker I get. No, this isn’t about Qassams, but don’t be fooled into thinking it’s about elections either. It’s really just the most recent chapter in a much longer litany of injustice – the latest attempt by Israel bring the Palestinians to their knees through the sheer force of their formidable military might.

Of all the analyses I’ve yet read, one of the very few that truly seemed to grasp this truth came from Yousef Munayyer, of The Jerusalem Fund/Palestine Center:

The problem Gaza presents for Israel is that it won’t go away—though Israel would love it if it would. It is a constant reminder of the depopulation of Palestine in 1948, the folly of the 1967 occupation, and the many massacres which have happened since them. It also places the Israelis in an uncomfortable position because it presents a problem (in the form of projectiles) which cannot be solved by force…

Israel has tried assassinating Palestinian leaders for decades but the resistance persists. Israel launched a devastating and brutal war on Gaza from 2008 to 2009 killing 1,400 people, mostly civilians, but the resistance persists.

Why, then, would Israel choose to revert to a failed strategy that will undoubtedly only escalate the situation? Because it is far easier for politicians to lie to voters, vilify their adversaries, and tell them ‘we will hit them hard’ than to come clean and say instead, ‘we’ve failed and there is no military solution to this problem.’

Like last time, I know many in the Jewish community will say it is unseemly of me to criticize Israel this way while Israelis live in fear of Qassam fire out of Gaza. I know there are those who believe that by writing these words, I’m turning my back on my own people in their time of need. But I know in my heart that my outrage at Israel’s actions goes hand in hand with compassion for Israelis – particularly those who know that their leaders’ devotion to the sword is leading them into the abyss.

Additionally, as I wrote under tragically similar circumstances in 2009:

I believe Israel’s response to Hamas’ missile attacks have been disproportionate and outrageous. I believe their actions only further endanger the security of Israelis while inflicting collective punishment and a severe humanitarian crisis upon Gazans. Indeed, just as I cannot understand what it must be like to be a citizen of Sderot, I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to be a Gazan citizen at the moment, living under constant air attack, with no running water or electricity and dwindling food, as hospitals fill up with wounded and corpses lie rotting in the streets because relief workers are unable to reach them.

When will we be ready to accept that this is not a “balanced” conflict or even a “war” by any reasonable definition – and that it never was? When will we face the painful truth that this is not a story about one side versus the other but about one side oppressing the other? Frankly, all the well-meaning liberal comments about “praying for peace on both sides” and leave me cold. Worse, I find them insidious because they simply serve to support the myth that this is a conflict between two equal parties. It is not. And peace will not come until we admit this – until we admit that there is an essential injustice at the heart of this tragedy and that try as it might, Israel will never be able to make it go away through the sheer force of its increasingly massive military might.

Beyond the rage, I’m heartened that this time around there is a growing community of conscience that is speaking out publicly and in no uncertain terms to protest Israel’s latest outrage in Gaza. I am so deeply grateful for my friends and colleagues at Jewish Voice for Peace, who is alone in the Jewish world in condemning this latest assault. I urge you to read JVP’s courageous statement, which I know gives voice to increasing numbers of Jews and non-Jews, young and old, religious and secular, who are coming together through the courage of their conscience.

At this point in my posts I would typically write “click here” to lend your voice to some kind of collective statement. I’m going resist that temptation and urge you instead to take to the streets.

I’ll see you there.

The Palestinians are ruthless murderers as are elements of the Mossad and the IDF.
    Nice, bigoted logic. Actually somewhat of the reverse is true. The majority of "Israel," is complicit with ethnic cleansing & violent actions against Palestinians. I try to stay away from characterizing this as a religious issue, but unfortunately you can also say that the majority of Jews & all Zionist Christians hold similar views. There are certainly terrorist elements within Palestine, but "Israel" by definition is an apartheid, terrorist state.

Nobody on these forums has said anything like that.
    You have a very short memory. I can recall dozens of threads where posters (trolls?) have said that Israel needs to be exempted from non-interventionism because Israel is "special." Some of the older posters here can verify that, and if it's important I can do the searches. The fact that it's less common these days suggests progress. Thank you for pointing it out.

Note - I tried to do a search on "Israel aid" here and the gave me an error. Possibly there is so much data that searching on such common terms is unpractical.
    Last edited by furface; 11-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    In case you're interested, this guy is broadcasting a live audio feed from Gaza. I've had it on for the last hour or so and it is spooky. The sound of Israeli drones flying overhead never stops and you hear the occasional blast.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/operation-pillar-of-cloud
    Looks like the electricity is out in West Gaza...

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Hamas Charter calls for the destrution of Israel

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    The Hamas Charter calls for the destrution of Israel

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm
    So what? Wouldn't you want to destroy the political entity that terrorized you and your family out of your home?

I personally support the destruction of Israel through non-violent means.

During negotiations Hamas has agreed to renounce violence, but has not agreed to recognize Israel as a legitimate state. Israel & Western states demand that Hamas does and would rather propagate more violence on this trivial point.

Even Shimon Peres admits that Israel stands on shaky historical ground. In a debate in Doha he mentioned something to the extent that you can't change history, basically admitting that Israel's history is problematic.

You got to be completely whacked to think that Israel's history is legitimate, even when comparing it to the US's shaky history with Native Americans. In that sense it's a matter of fighting for the very fundamentals of rationality to single Israel out as one of the most problematic entities in recent world history.

Anti-Zionism is a fight for logic & reason. It's a fight for using reason & rationality to settle things as opposed to political propaganda & shear violent force. It's an extremely important fight in that sense.

Here's the Doha statement I was talking about.

http://www.thedohadebates.com/debate...ode=transcript

AUDIENCE Q (F)
    Hello, good evening. You have neither forgiven nor forgotten those who commit crimes against your people. How do you expect the Palestinians to forgive and forget the crimes you've committed and continue to commit against them?
    SHIMON PERES
    I am not making any account with the past. My eyes are set for the future. I think what happened, happened, and I think we don't have to return all the time to history for the simple reason that we cannot correct history. We can correct the future. So to forgive and forget is a good advice for everybody, if you can really provide for your children and our children a better future, and that is our preference.
    Everybody just "forgive and forget." It's normally advice given by crooks to their victims. Israel certainly doesn't take that advice when hunting down former Nazis. Forgiveness is impossible when the aggressors are continuing their aggression and rejoicing about it.
    Last edited by furface; 11-19-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by furface View Post
    So what? Wouldn't you want to destroy the political entity that terrorized you and your family out of your home?

I personally support the destruction of Israel through non-violent means.

During negotiations Hamas has agreed to renounce violence, but has not agreed to recognize Israel as a legitimate state. Israel & Western states demand that Hamas does and would rather propagate more violence on this trivial point.

Even Shimon Peres admits that Israel stands on shaky historical ground. In a debate in Doha he mentioned something to the extent that you can't change history, basically admitting that Israel's history is problematic.

You got to be completely whacked to think that Israel's history is legitimate, even when comparing it to the US's shaky history with Native Americans. In that sense it's a matter of fighting for the very fundamentals of rationality to single Israel out as one of the most problematic entities in recent world history.

Anti-Zionism is a fight for logic & reason. It's a fight for using reason & rationality to settle things as opposed to political propaganda & shear violent force. It's an extremely important fight in that sense.

Here's the Doha statement I was talking about.

http://www.thedohadebates.com/debate...ode=transcript

Everybody just "forgive and forget." It's normally advice given by crooks to their victims. Israel certainly doesn't take that advice when hunting down former Nazis. Forgiveness is impossible when the aggressors are continuing their aggression and rejoicing about it.
    Hamas fires rockets from densely populated civilian centers, using civilians as 'human shields' so any retaliation will have civilian casualties. Are they not allowed to be faulted for being responsible for the death of their own peoples? Hamas charter says they want to destroy Israel, should Israel not be able to defend itself?

History being as it is, besides the point, Israel built up the area from nothing but a sand dune to a thriving 1st world civilization today. People say Israel stole the Palestinian land but it was nothing before besides dunes and scarce inhabitants. Maybe the 'Palestinians' were there before Israel, but Israel was there thousands of years ago before them. Arguing the 'whos first' point is going to be fruitless as the borders and boundaries change throughout time. That being said Israel has really developed the area into a modern thriving entity, "Palestine" has no industry and is a 3rd world nation with no resources. Why do you support them? If they stopped attacking Israel I bet they would no longer be attacked in retaliation.
    Last edited by squarepusher; 11-19-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I think RP forums does great harm in reinforcing racist stereotypes people have of RP's ideas by always wading full on into debating who is right and whole is wrong in a conflicts in the world, we should just wipe our hands of.
    As opposed to wading full on into debating abortion, building demolition, dead dogs, cross-dressing men in the girl's locker room, circumcision, binders full of women, the Federal Reserve, the Red Cross, the Federal Budget, Al Gore and the manbearpig, drugs, climate change, wars, UFOs, religion, human migration, organic milk, oil spills, silver and gold, Murray Rothbard's favorite bourbon, OWS, who is the purest politician, and the history of the world?

No topic is left undissected and repeatedly examined around here.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hamas fires rockets from densely populated civilian centers, using civilians as 'human shields' so any retaliation will have civilian casualties. Are they not allowed to be faulted for being responsible for the death of their own peoples? Hamas charter says they want to destroy Israel, should Israel not be able to defend itself?

History being as it is, besides the point, Israel built up the area from nothing but a sand dune to a thriving 1st world civilization today. People say Israel stole the Palestinian land but it was nothing before besides dunes and scarce inhabitants. Maybe the 'Palestinians' were there before Israel, but Israel was there thousands of years ago before them. Arguing the 'whos first' point is going to be fruitless as the borders and boundaries change throughout time. That being said Israel has really developed the area into a modern thriving entity, "Palestine" has no industry and is a 3rd world nation with no resources. Why do you support them? If they stopped attacking Israel I bet they would no longer be attacked in retaliation.
    What merit does that have to it? There are many places in the world that do not provide industry or anything in trade with world economics. It does not mean it's acceptable to take their land away from them in order to develop it.

You are also forgetting to mention that Israel attacked first, killing a civilian during the attack on the hamas leader, and posted a video of it on youtube. I don't really get the whole "They are using their civilians as human sheilds" argument. If they are doing it to make them look bad to the rest of the world, it is backfiring as the media around the world is playing the whole "hamas are cowards, it's their fault these people are dying". I think they are retaliating but I don't know that firing back with bombs and missles is the best way to take them out.

Is this an argument for eminent domain? And, "Palestine"? Is that your way of saying those savages don't deserve statehood, rather they should be subjected rule by a foreign entity? Me thinks we have Bibi visiting us on the forums today.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Is this an argument for eminent domain?
    That's a far too relevant question for this thread...

(It's better than standard eminent domain, as it doesn't require fair payment.)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

From Page 4 of this thread.

http://antiwar.com/blog/2012/11/11/i...ho-started-it/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That's how they have to fight, due to the vast, vast differences in the armaments of both peoples. The Palestinians don't even have an official military. How else do you expect them to fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

‘Flatten all of Gaza’
    John Glaser, November 19, 2012
    http://antiwar.com/blog/2012/11/19/flatten-all-of-gaza/

For those that haven’t seen it, a piece in Jerusalem Post by Gilad Sharon (Ariel Sharon’s son) grabbed some attention over the weekend. In it, he essentially argues for annihilating Gaza and its inhabitants.

First, he denounces the worry about civilian casualties, arguing that by virtue of being Palestinian, Gaza residents are guilty and are worthy targets.

The desire to prevent harm to innocent civilians in Gaza will ultimately lead to harming the truly innocent: the residents of southern Israel. The residents of Gaza are not innocent, they elected Hamas. The Gazans aren’t hostages; they chose this freely, and must live with the consequences.
    And then mass murder:

We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too.
    There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire.

This can be compared to the comment by Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai on Saturday: “The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages. Only then will Israel be calm for forty years.”
    Last edited by mac_hine; 11-19-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Well, it's from The Blaze. Take it for what it's worth.

Iranian Arms Ship Bound for Gaza Reportedly Carrying Long-Range Rockets Able to Reach Tel Aviv, Jerusalem

http ://www.theblaze.com/stories/iranian-arms-ship-bound-for-gaza-found-carrying-long-rage-rockets-able-to-reach-tel-aviv-jerusalem/
    Last edited by RockEnds; 11-19-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

You are sadly mistaken. fertile farm land was there already
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

i don't believe the human shield story. May as well say Israel does the same thing.

“We obviously knew there were journalists in the building” army spokesperson Avital Leibovich told the press today
    http://12160.info/page/israeli-spoke...horten_twitter

In reference to the Journalist tower destroyed yesterday.

© Majdi Fathi / APA images)
    A Palestinian journalist inspects his car after an Israeli air strike targeted a media building in Gaza City, 18 November.

"The Israeli army bombed Al-Shoroq Tower (or the "Journalists' Tower") in Gaza City. The 15-story building housed both local Arab and international media agencies such as Al Arabiya, Al Quds TV, Sky News, France 24, and Russia TV. Local media sources reported that eight journalists were injured in the initial attack. According to [Palestinian human rights group] Al-Mezan field reports, building occupants later received warnings about the Israeli army's intent to demolish the entire building, and were told to evacuate."
    http://www.sott.net/article/253804-I...alists-in-Gaza

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i don't believe the human shield story. May as well say Israel does the same thing.
    It's been alleged that this is how targets are being chosen:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/337106
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    It's been alleged that this is how targets are being chosen:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/337106
    From that link:

Three weeks ago, King Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani became the first foreign dignitary to visit the besieged Gaza Strip in five years following the Hamas government take over, and the embargo that has followed. However according to Fars News Agency, the Emir did not come empty handed. The Hamas members he met with received ball point pens and watches, however it may have been best if the Hamas officials had looked the gift horse in the mouth. According to Fars News Agency the pens and watches were implanted with tracking devices which beamed the locations of the commanders to Israeli satellites.

On November 14th the alleged ruse paid off, the Israeli Air Force was able to assassinate Hamas military commander Ahmad Al Jabari and his bodyguard. This assassination was followed by the killing of Ahmad Abu Jalal, a field commander of the Ezzedeen Al Qassam Brigades, on Friday.

Qatar admitted last month to sending hundreds of troops to Libya to aid western backed rebels in overthrowing Muammar Ghaddafi. The Qatari government has also provided training and logistics to rebels fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, many Hamas leaders are in exile in Damascus.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/337106

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gotta blow up the media...no witness no crime
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

My hunches are confirmed in the following article: here

US foreign aid is guaranteed under a constant war footing, peace is not in the interest of Israel's politics of foreign aid. Case in point: Iron Dome was a gift from Obama. Had there been a peace agreement in place this would not have happened. If by chance a peace agreement ever came to be, US foreign aid would come to be seriously questioned. The more war and conflict there is, the more aid money and its long term securitzation.

If the US even hints at not paying Isreal its money, you know who gets it.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast