Thread: Amazon Slides After Trump Hints At Antitrust Action

Amazon Slides After Trump Hints At Antitrust Action

President Trump is on a roll this morning, lashing out via Twitter at every and any one who has wronged him this weekend.

His latest target is Amazon's Jeff Bezos and The Washington Post, as Trump angrily tweets "The Amazon Washington Post has gone crazy against me ever since they lost the Internet Tax Case in the U.S. Supreme Court two months ago."
    Trump then went one step further, adding that "In my opinion the Washington Post is nothing more than an expensive (the paper loses a fortune) lobbyist for Amazon. Is it used as protection against antitrust claims which many feel should be brought?"
    The Amazon Washington Post has gone crazy against me ever since they lost the Internet Tax Case in the U.S. Supreme Court two months ago. Next up is the U.S. Post Office which they use, at a fraction of real cost, as their “delivery boy” for a BIG percentage of their packages....
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 23, 2018
    ....In my opinion the Washington Post is nothing more than an expensive (the paper loses a fortune) lobbyist for Amazon. Is it used as protection against antitrust claims which many feel should be brought?
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 23, 2018
    Finally Trump raged that "Next up is the U.S. Post Office which they use, at a fraction of real cost, as their “delivery boy” for a BIG percentage of their packages..."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...titrust-action
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfortunately, there is nothing Trump can do (to my belief at this point). The U.S. Post is a Constitutional thang and therefore a duty of Congress. It'd take an amendment to get rid of it. About the only one that use it now are company advertisers and political action committees and the U.S. Gov.
    I've not used a single "stamp" in over 6 years. The only thing that comes to me is "junk."

So apparently USPS ships about 40% of Amazon products.

They're not supposed to be able to ship below cost but the exact rate is considered proprietary (for a taxpayer sponsored entity, no less).

Compared to other shipping services, USPS is allegedly undercutting legitimate competitors by $1.46 a parcel (for every business it ships for).

The solution is easy. Level the playing field. End the USPS.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...18#post6654818

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Curse of Economic Nationalism | Thomas J. DiLorenzo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuqnCHIZg0

Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 07-24-2018 at 01:00 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Want to bust trusts? Start with media companies.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Amazon has been advertising people can make up to 300,000 a year by running a 3rd party amazon delivery service which includes them helping with vehicle purchases and insurances. Looks like Amazon is finding ways to be less reliant on USPS even before their drones start delivering.

I don't see how Trump bashing on Bezos is anything other than jealousy. Trump constantly over inflates his net worth and here's the proven richest man who dares pick on him so he throws a tantrum. I really doubt #MAGA supported actually have quit using amazon in any noticeable way.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

A barons war? A war amongst oligarchs?
    Empress Matilda was challenged by her
    cousin Stephen, he crowned himself king.
    Trump wants to create a dynasty. We all
    know Henry II did, his had a good run to it.

Trump/Putin badly trashes Bezos/rival...
    The M.O is as if Trump is doing Putin's
    games/attacks from the late 1990s in
    a context that is much more American...

Is this like Mussolini handing Herr Hister pointers in 1932?
    Liberal and/or RADICAL Democrats are framing it like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Amazon has been advertising people can make up to 300,000 a year by running a 3rd party amazon delivery service which includes them helping with vehicle purchases and insurances. Looks like Amazon is finding ways to be less reliant on USPS even before their drones start delivering.

I don't see how Trump bashing on Bezos is anything other than jealousy. Trump constantly over inflates his net worth and here's the proven richest man who dares pick on him so he throws a tantrum. I really doubt #MAGA supported actually have quit using amazon in any noticeable way.
    Yep.

Trump always seems ego-driven- get rid of the Iran deal & make Cuba non-assessable again- why? Because these were two of the best things Obama did- can't have that now, can we?
    There is no spoon.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Trump/Putin badly trashes Bezos/rival...
    The M.O is as if Trump is doing Putin's
    games/attacks from the late 1990s in
    a context that is much more American...

fighting back is bullying?
    Your attempts at mystery are facile
    as only a lie hides beneath.
    Still not impressed.
    up your game, amateur, let's see what you got.

when the seven seals are opened, Bezos will call it a coup.