Thread: Report: Thousands of Californians Flee to Mexico in Search of More Affordable Living

Report: Thousands of Californians Flee to Mexico in Search of More Affordable Living

ˇSalte Pendejos!

Report: Thousands of Californians Flee to Mexico in Search of More Affordable Living

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rdable-living/

KATHERINE HAMILTON 13 Jun 2022

Housing prices and rampant inflation under the leadership of President Joe Biden and Gov. Gavin Newson (D-CA) are driving thousands of Californians to search for a more affordable life in Mexico.

“I would say at least half are coming down from California,” Darrell Graham of Baja123 Real Estate Group told CNBC. “Suddenly the cost of taxes, the crime rates, the politics, all the things that people are unhappy with in California are coming down to Mexico.”

Roughly 200,000 people commute between California and Mexico every day because “many of them work in California and live just below the border in Baja California due to its proximity,” according to the report, which called the phenomenon: the “California exodus.”

“It’s a lot of people commuting who actually live in Mexico who actually work in the states. So it’s like thousands and thousands of people just crossing daily. It’s a lot of people,” said Toni Smith, a coach and personal trainer at Southwestern Community College who works in San Diego and lives in Tijuana.

Besides high housing costs, which reportedly average around $800,000 in the state, remote work has given Californians the opportunity to seek out cheaper places to live in Mexico while reaping the financial benefits of working in the United States.

Travis Grossi, a content creator for Café con Leche Travels, said he was able to slice his budget in half by moving across the border.

“We were able to cut our budget in half, which allowed us to really focus on our careers and the things we wanted to do artistically without the just hustle and hustle every day, every week, every month, to just meet the bare minimum,” Grossi told CNBC.

Critics argue that the trend is making homes in Mexico unaffordable for Mexican citizens.

“Certain neighborhoods are now becoming too expensive for Mexican citizens to live in because most of the time people that are actually buying the property developments are being able to do so because they either make money in US dollars, or because they are working remotely,” said policy analyst at the Migration Policy institute Ariel Ruiz Soto.

Overall, more than 367,000 people left the state in 2021, many leaving for states like Arizona, Washington, and Texas. The state’s one percent population decline was among the largest in the nation.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Least they're deciding not to move to red states.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thousands of Californians Flee to Mexico in Search of More Affordable Living

ˇSalte Pendejos!
    Mexico should build a wall.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Touche!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

How long until Ron Paul becomes a prophet again and they use our wall to keep us from leaving?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

“I would say at least half are coming down from California,” Darrell Graham of Baja123 Real Estate Group told CNBC. “Suddenly the cost of taxes, the crime rates, the politics, all the things that people are unhappy with in California are coming down to Mexico.”

Roughly 200,000 people commute between California and Mexico every day because “many of them work in California and live just below the border in Baja California due to its proximity,” according to the report, which called the phenomenon: the “California exodus.”
    Baja being the key word. Not all of Mexico, just a relatively small peninsula.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

“Certain neighborhoods are now becoming too expensive for Mexican citizens to live in because most of the time people that are actually buying the property developments are being able to do so because they either make money in US dollars, or because they are working remotely,” said policy analyst at the Migration Policy institute Ariel Ruiz Soto.
    Is this supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? Guess it depends upon who the current residents are, and who the out of area buyers are.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Is this what Trump had in mind when he said they were going to pay for a wall? LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    How long until Ron Paul becomes a prophet again and they use our wall to keep us from leaving?
    Not all walls are visible.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...%20expatriated.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Is this what Trump had in mind when he said they were going to pay for a wall? LOL
    3D chess!

Are they trying to turn Mexico into a $#@!hole too?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Is this supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? Guess it depends upon who the current residents are, and who the out of area buyers are.
    I'd say its probably overall net good for me if they are voters and bad for the mexican locals.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My guess is yes and they'll be disappointed in ow little influence they will ever have
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My guess is yes and they'll be disappointed in how little influence they will ever have
    Do something Danke

3D chess!
    Orange Man Genius. Yugely!

Meahwhile, back in Commiefornia:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1562584045539581960

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meahwhile, back in Commiefornia:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1562584045539581960
    Insane. Looks to be an effort led by a union that is trying to punish motels and hotels. A form of extortion.

Can't wait to see a flood of articles complaining about how Americans are ruining Mexico.
    DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing2nd Amendment shirts. "Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Quote Originally Posted by libertasbella View Post
    Can't wait to see a flood of articles complaining about how Americans are ruining Mexico.
    //

https://twitter.com/katelinthicum/st...06358053126149

FTA: Californians and other Americans are flooding Mexico City. Some locals want them to go home
    [archive link: https://archive.ph/ndDo4]

[...]

At Lardo, a Mediterranean restaurant where, on any given night, three-quarters of the tables are filled with foreigners, a Mexican man in a well-cut suit recently took a seat at the bar, gazed at the English-language menu before him and sighed as he handed it back: “A menu in Spanish, please.”

Some chilangos, as locals are known, are fed up.

Recently, expletive-laced posters appeared around town.

“New to the city? Working remotely?” they read in English. “You’re a f—ing plague and the locals f—ing hate you. Leave.”

That sentiment echoed the hundreds of responses that poured in after a young American posted this seemingly innocuous tweet: “Do yourself a favor and remote work in Mexico City — it is truly magical.”

“Please don’t,” read one of the kinder replies. “This city is becoming more and more expensive every day in part because of people like you, and you don’t even realize or care about it.”

[...]

Mexico doesn't fuch around. I have seen Law enforcement with machine guns looking like they were ready to execute people there.

"Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    I'm guessing @TheTexan heartily endorses these billboards.

I certainly would if I lived in Texas.

I'm guessing @TheTexan heartily endorses these billboards.

I certainly would if I lived in Texas.
    This is the way
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his