Thread: NFL: Trans Bathroom Bill = No Super Bowls in Texas

NFL: Trans Bathroom Bill = No Super Bowls in Texas

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...s-10921835.php

Bathroom bill could keep future Super Bowls from Texas

A spokesman for the NFL expresses concern about a 'discriminatory' measure becoming law in Texas

By Ileana Najarro
    February 9, 2017

Texas' next trip to the Super Bowl may hit a roadblock in Austin, where conservative lawmakers are pushing a bill to ban transgender people from the public bathrooms they feel most comfortable using.

"If a proposal that is discriminatory or inconsistent with our values were to become law (in Texas), that would certainly be a factor considered when thinking about awarding future events," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in an email response to a Chronicle question about the bill.

It was the league's first statement on the matter since the legislation was introduced in January.

"The NFL embraces inclusiveness," McCarthy added. "We want all fans to feel welcomed at our events, and NFL policies prohibit discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other improper standard."

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick favors the proposal, formally the Texas Privacy Act, which would require transgender people to use public bathrooms based on their biological sex and not the gender of their choice. Placing it among his top priorities for passage this session, Patrick has called the measure essential to public safety and declared it one of the "conservative principles" that protect "Texas values."

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick favors the proposal, formally the Texas Privacy Act, which would require transgender people to use public bathrooms based on their biological sex and not the gender of their choice.
    Would non-transgender people still be able to use the bathroom of their choice?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Would non-transgender people still be able to use the bathroom of their choice?
    I sure hope so. I have no problem going in the men's room when there's a long line at the ladies. No one's ever said anything, either. I do give a warning yell before I go in and keep my eyes on the floor and shielded wit my hands. I'm tempted to peek but that would be rude.

The only time I ever got into bathroom trouble is when I used the handicapped stall in the ladies room a few weeks ago at Alan Jackson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

These are the nonsense issues that keep a nation divided. All distractions and well played. SMDH
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    These are the nonsense issues that keep a nation divided. All distractions and well played. SMDH
    Yup! And to add to the stupidity, in my estimation the majority of people really do not feel strongly about it one way or the other. A few fringe elements get their butts in a wad over Little Johnny being allowed to use a girls bathroom at school, the media works everyone into a frenzy, half the people succumb to the pressure of being in Little Johnny's corner so they won't be called a dreaded homophobe, and then others push back the other direction because they're tired of being labeled a hateful monster due to their conservative leanings!

In truth, were it never made an issue, people would have just continued to shrug and say, "Meh, that's weird" and moved their focus to something else.

The sooner that americans associate being an nfl fan with being a tranny, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I sure hope so. I have no problem going in the men's room when there's a long line at the ladies. No one's ever said anything, either. I do give a warning yell before I go in and keep my eyes on the floor and shielded wit my hands. I'm tempted to peek but that would be rude.

The only time I ever got into bathroom trouble is when I used the handicapped stall in the ladies room a few weeks ago at Alan Jackson.

Last edited by fedupinmo; 02-11-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The sooner that americans associate being an nfl fan with being a tranny, the better.
    Hear, Hear!
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post

Hear, Hear!
    Whoops fixed it for you, "The sooner that americans associate the nfl with being tyranny, the better."
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

Bake the cake, minions.

Just so you know, this was Gary Johnson's position during the campaign.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi