Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There will be no "Blue Wave"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

John Kennedy would be a steadfast Republican in 2017. That's how far the Democratic Party has moved to Crazytown. The Republicans don't really have to do much.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    OK, well somebody find me a better map -- I don't know!
    http://thoughtfulreading.com/files/2...-full-size.png

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The democrats control nearly every institution, all of academia, Hollywood and the 4th Estate, yet they still got whitewashed this past election cycle. That tells you how odious their product is.

http://thoughtfulreading.com/politic...ue-voting-map/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

There is only one democrat that has a shot of beating Trump in 2020 and that is Tulsi Gabbard.
    But the Democrats are so stupid they will nuke her in the primaries and lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    There is only one democrat that has a shot of beating Trump in 2020 and that is Tulsi Gabbard.
    But the Democrats are so stupid they will nuke her in the primaries and lose again.
    Does it matter who becomes president?
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    When do the majority of boomers stop contributing and start drawing from their 401ks? That's when it will really crash.
    By 2022 all remaining boomers will be old enough to retire and take out all 401k monies with no tax penalty ( 58 ) . By 7 years later they will all be on medicare ( 65)and no longer need employment for health ins. unless they were veterans where they could have already enrolled in VA and not needed employer ins prior to that . By 2 to 4 years after 2022 all remaining boomers will be old enough to draw social security . Age 60 if widowed they may draw a percentage of deceased spouse for two years until 62 and then draw own and govt keeps the rest .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-31-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    You are aware that those "outposts on the coasts" carry nearly half the population of the entire country, right?
    ...as one political anthropologist wag put it, 'democrats tend to dominate in areas where human poop is the most abundant poop...republicans dominate in areas where cow, pig, sheep, chicken, etc., poop is the most abundant poop...

...yes, let's all keep in mind that helmuth doesn't consume republicrat media like most/all forum politicos...helmuth killed the television a long long time ago...hence the old map..

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    Helmuth killed the television a long long time ago...hence the old map.
    "Killed" is such a violent word. But no, we simply do not have it in my home.

And yes, I am radically, consciously, intentionally "out of date," "out of step," and "out of tune with the times."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Been hearing that since 2009.
    Those were the good old days. Back when the national debt was only 10 trillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Those were the good old days. Back when the national debt was only 10 trillion.
    Talk to your congressmen about that.

Five Reasons Why America Is About To Become A Very Conservative Country

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...vative-country

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Some of the counties on that map it shows as blue I know for a fact are solidly red.
    Yeah, what's that map supposed to be?

Trump won CD2 in Maine, took an electoral vote because of it. CD2 has a GOP US Rep. The map has Maine as solid blue.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Seems to me that each party is anteing up to the other's increasing insanity.

We'll see, but my guess would be a Democrat after Trump, then a GOPer after that Democrat, and so on in the usual way.
    "the usual way" is usually right.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I mean Darrell Issa got 50.3% of the vote last time and now he's hiding from voters on his roof. How can the GOP possibly hold seats like that? And I will ask the same about the Dems in 4 years when they are hiding on their roofs. People are pissed and will continue to be.
    Easy, stop importing welfare voters.
    Purge voter rolls
    Voter ID

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Based on current polls, and recent special election results, the Dems will take many House seats, probably enough to take the majority.

The Senate, on the other hand, will almost certainly remain GOP, though they might lose 1 net seat.

Personally, I hope the GOP comes down to a majority of 1 in both houses, giving Rand and Massie much more leverage.

Based on current polls, and recent special election results, the Dems will take many House seats, probably enough to take the majority.

The Senate, on the other hand, will almost certainly remain GOP, though they might lose 1 net seat.

Personally, I hope the GOP comes down to a majority of 1 in both houses, giving Rand and Massie much more leverage.
    Yeah- it is so they have an excuse why they can't get rid of Obamacare. This is going to be really annoying when no one notices.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Yeah it so they have an excuse why they can't get rid of Obamacare. This is going to be really annoying when no one notices.
    They already didn't get rid of Obamacare, when they could have, and didn't even need an excuse.

The GOP voter isn't really opposed to such programs: if the GOP does it.

They already didn't get rid of Obamacare, when they could have, and didn't even need an excuse.

The GOP voter isn't really opposed to such programs: if the GOP does it.
    They tried to blame it all on Rand Paul so I think its going to be a major 2020 theme.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They tried to blame it all on Rand Paul so I think its going to be a major 2020 theme.
    True, that was the play at the time, when Trump/GOP-sans-Rand were trying to repackage O'care without really changing anything, and Rand got in the way, but do people still think that? What I hear GOPers saying these days, to the extent they talk about economic issue at all, is that the Dems are to blame (somehow, doesn't matter).

Not really.

They will gain seats, maybe even enough for a 60+ seat majority.

The RINOs would sell out to the Dems on every issue under those circumstances and Rand, Lee, Massie, Amash etc. would lose almost all influence.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Not really.

They will gain seats, maybe even enough for a 60+ seat majority.
    LOL, you've really turned into a dutiful party member, haven't you?

No, there is no chance whatsoever that the GOP gets to 60+.

As for the House, the Dems will take net seats, guaranteed - reasonable people can disagree as to how many.

Personally, I suspect they'll be right on the line as to the majority: either a majority of a few, or a minority of a few.

The RINOs would sell out to the Dems on every issue under those circumstances and Rand, Lee, Massie, Amash etc. would lose almost all influence.
    It would be preferable to force GOPers to openly join their cross-aisle twins than to allow them to continue pretending to be something different.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12