Page 163 of 177 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 5288

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    What chart is that. Interpolation of data?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    looks like 3day candles Jan 2013 to current @ stamp

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

If this can clear the 600-700 range (the paypal / ebay news bounce of 2014 where some will want to exit), then the almighty barrier is near the ATH range.

If we can clear the ATH, it is no man's land up there. A global media news bubble again. It could run to 4K+.

All dumps are being absorbed and then some. And now with the emission rate cutting in half in less than 30 days...this is looking sexy.

**squeezes nipples**

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    that's a huge candle. Something awoke.. no pun. to the Mooooooooonnnnn!
    Last edited by kfarnan; 06-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Bitcoin Spikes Above $600 - 2 Year Highs - On Sudden Massive Chinese Buying

Once again, on a Saturday night (US time), Sunday morning (China) a sudden burst of buying pressure in Bitcoin, driven by Chinese buyers, has spiked the virtual currency higher on dramatic volume. With Bitcoin now trading at its highest level since May 2014 (in Yuan), and up 250% since we first suggested this an outlet for desperate-to-leave capital outflows in September, we note that the 'arbitrage' of over 150 Yuan points to massively more demand from Chinese buyers for now.

Another weekend buying-splosion in Bitcoin by The Chinese...

More...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...chinese-buying

ha, zerohedge thinks bitcoin is only worth 3 billion market cap in that article
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Zerohedge has a lot of things wrong there. Only okcoin being the 90% of the volume not huobi, not really making the distinction that all nationalities can trade on those platforms etc. but ok it is interesting these moves take place over the weekend. Will the cny again devalue tomorrow?

673 now. I'm making so much money, I now know what it feels like to be a politician or Federal Government Employee.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    If we can clear the ATH
    There you go again with another mysterious acronym....

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    All Time High

have you held through?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    have you held through?
    I don't get this bitcoin shorthand-speak. Held what through where?

I think he meant, have you held your bitcoins from when you bought/received them when they were lower in value til now when all the fun is happening as was thought possible upon the dawning of this epic halving of the protocol? - Which happens this July and once every four years which cuts the addition of bitcoin supply on the market (by half) thus sparking the speculation that we're seeing in the price of it worldwide via normal or additional demand.
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 06-12-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    673 now. I'm making so much money, I now know what it feels like to be a politician or Federal Government Employee.
    Do you trade margin?

The top of this next bubble is going to make everyone holding feel like a central banker.

He's asking if you still hold bitcoins? We just went thru a lot of up and down chop over the last 6 months.

EDIT: Also if you don't understand something you should google it. "ATH meaning" turns up your answer pretty fast.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o....0.XXiQ-nwqT9s
    Last edited by muh_roads; 06-13-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Do you trade margin?

The top of this next bubble is going to make everyone holding feel like a central banker.
    I was being hyperbolic a bit, I don't even have a 100 bitcoins, and just holding. I'm not trading.

What's weird is Ethereum holding it's BTC ratio pretty well despite the "surge" in BTC.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 06-13-2016 at 01:48 AM.

I think he meant, have you held your bitcoins from when you bought/received them when they were lower in value til now when all the fun is happening as was thought possible upon the dawning of this epic halving of the protocol? - Which happens this July and once every four years which cuts the addition of bitcoin supply on the market (by half) thus sparking the speculation that we're seeing in the price of it worldwide via normal or additional demand.
    No. I had a small fraction of one bitcoin plus some accumulated very small donations for the cat rescue (which has been going deeper into the red since last year). Once upon a time we had 1.6 bitcoins, which had to be cashed out to pay vet bills. What I sold recently will pay one installment on the vet bills -- about $60 -- leaving no way to pay the remaining $500 (roughly) let alone anything else.

He's asking if you still hold bitcoins? We just went thru a lot of up and down chop over the last 6 months.

EDIT: Also if you don't understand something you should google it. "ATH meaning" turns up your answer pretty fast.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o....0.XXiQ-nwqT9s
    Well who knew... Every other time I've googled an ancronym, the results have been completely unrelated to whatever I was looking for. So I gave up....

As to "holding" bitcoins, alas, no. I had a little bit of one but was forced to sell it a while back -- knowing that the moment I did, I would wish that I hadn't. It's still worth watching though, because I can help friends with info.

Bitcoin Soars Above $700 As Chinese Buying Shows No Signs Of Slowing

When we predicted last September that bitcoin, which then was trading at $230, would be the biggest winner from unprecedented Chinese buying to avoid heightened capital controls, something which even Bloomberg confirms is taking place flip-flopping on its previous "explanation" that BTC is rising due to some Russian pyramid scheme, not even we anticipated a move quite like this: 9 months later bitcoin is over 200% higher, and moments ago soared above $700, hitting $710 earlier today for the first time since early 2014, when it was sliding from its all time high above $1000.

More...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-signs-slowing

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was being hyperbolic a bit, I don't even have a 100 bitcoins, and just holding. I'm not trading.

What's weird is Ethereum holding it's BTC ratio pretty well despite the "surge" in BTC.
    Most alt coins don't really fall much when BTC gets a surge, most of the alt exchanges price in bitcoin and ignore fiat. (Btc-e being one of the exceptions). It's not like doge became worth more when BTC dropped.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

Ethereum scares me. I want but don't want. The mining inflation rate for PoW sounds retarded. When it ends and they switch to PoS, it is supposed to increase by 10% per year. I keep getting different numbers on the real inflation rate and they all sound crappy. I think one of them said bitcoin will have an additional 38% inflation over the next 20 years. But then it practically stops. Ethereum by comparison is going to go up 1800% over the next 20. And I don't think it stops there.

Ethereum current supply is already at 89m in 1 year. Bitcoin is at 14m over 7 years?

A lot of money is going to need to keep pouring in to keep eth floating, I'd think.

There are a lot of brains within the Ethereum community. Unfortunately I think they are liberal brains that don't care about economics or supply and demand. Maybe the demand will be there? Bitcoin Sidechains are going to do the same thing soon. Lisk I think is the first Sidechain that adds javascript functionality for companies that act as bitcoin services in a more decentralized way.

The end game for all of this I think is replacing middleman bankers in as many sectors of banking as possible.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 06-14-2016 at 07:37 PM.

The end game for all of this I think is replacing middleman bankers in as many sectors of banking as possible.
    I think you're right and that's why ETH is doing so well. The built in code ability within ETH is very neat. Although we're seeing some of the various problems with the DAO rollout (Which is still the largest crowdsourced project in history with a start of 220 million USD) - the contract written into ETH may violate various laws (Stock, investment, acting as an exchange, so many things...). Although this hasn't hurt the price of DAO so that's a bonus. We're seeing just the beginning of what crypto contracts can achieve and there is still a lot for the community to figure out on how best to use it.

Need some advice, I'm sitting on about 2000 LTC because I have a ASIC Script Miner that is a beast.

I traded a $#@! load of them to BTC last summer when the ratio hit .015-.018 but have been holding them ever since.

So what should I do with them? Does anyone expect LTC/BTC ratio to catch up or should I go ahead and get all into BTC now? Half and half maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    Does anyone expect LTC/BTC ratio to catch up
    YES, historically when BTC level's up... it begins a growth curve... alt ratios suffer.... FOMO intensifies.... then suddenly the alts pump.

https://bitinfocharts.com/en/compari...c-nmc.html#log

I'm holding LTC patiently.

LTC lacks "latest and greatest tech" but its fundamentals are very strong.... its accepted at EVERY major alt coin exchange. Its trade volume is huge, its daily transactions... huge, average transaction value is actually greater than BTC, and hashrate is solid.

0.0225 is destiny

What do u guys think about ETH? how much will the DAO scandal affect its price?

I wouldn't call the DAO a complete scandal. AFAIK, no ETH was lost, it's just being refunded. A hundred million+ crowd funding project was a victim of its own success.

This does drive down the price of ETH for a bit, I assume there will be a DAO 2 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by bitman View Post
    What do u guys think about ETH? how much will the DAO scandal affect its price?
    It's a bust, bro. Being in Bitcoin is the word at this point.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok tnx!
    Actually i decided to jump out of it on the spot right after i wrote the post.
    Seems as a good decision now as it broke through the support by now and is still falling.
    I almost broke even

Time to pump it up. Weekend moon days.
    Last edited by kfarnan; 06-18-2016 at 11:54 AM.