Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson: Should the govt regulate Google?

Tucker Carlson: Should the govt regulate Google?

The bigger question, should government regulate any corporations in terms of their size, monopolies etc?

If, for example, theyre engaged in "suppression" or coercion of competition, shouldn't that be addressed in the courts?

He poses the question at 2:44

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about quit letting Google bribe govt with Lobbyists first? If you dont get rid of the Lobbyists, then it doesnt matter if its Google or whatever follows Google.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The bigger question is always
    Should we allow the government to masquerade as a corporation?
    How The CIA Made Google
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ia-made-google

I completely agree with Tucker.

Google should be regulated.

We can't trust Google.

But we can trust Government, to regulate them, just fine.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"Companies", such as Google will just outspend individuals and small businesses in court. Perhaps, an oversight board were complains can be filed and investigated, then the offender fined and issued an administrative injunction against further violations, while if the offender contests to any degree the burden will shift onto them to file in court and the US will defend on behalf of the victim.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

"Conservatives" used to be vehemently against such things. But I guess that only applied to talk radio.

Just goes to show that there are very few people who have principles. They all just want a government to work in their favor.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Should the government regulate a branch of the NSA? Sure.

I'm just kidding of course. A "regulated" Google would be even worse.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    "Conservatives" used to be vehemently against such things. But I guess that only applied to talk radio.

Just goes to show that there are very few people who have principles. They all just want a government to work in their favor.
    Hm. Well, you know, when government sets up a corporation to hide the fact that it's government, so the Constitution doesn't apply to it, then passes itself laws which prevent the people from competing with its corporation and prevents the laws which apply to other companies from applying to it, some would consider those who approve of this to be 'conservatives'.

But we all know those people are actually fascists. And not the kind that AntiFa sees behind every rock and tree, either, but actual, true fascists.

The irony here isn't that conservatives--without the quotation marks--could disapprove of Google, it's that Tucker Carlson could think the answer is more of the same government that created Google.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-19-2017 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Hm. Well, you know, when government sets up a corporation to hide the fact that it's government, so the Constitution doesn't apply to it, then passes itself laws which prevent the people from competing with its corporation and prevents the laws which apply to other companies from applying to it, some would consider those who approve of this to be 'conservatives'.

But we all know those people are actually fascists. And not the kind that AntiFa sees behind every rock and tree, either, but actual, true fascists.

The irony here isn't that conservatives--without the quotation marks--could disapprove of Google, it's that Tucker Carlson could think the answer is more of the same government that created Google.
    How do you get on on this gravy train? What college should I send my kid to?
    Last edited by timosman; 09-19-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Peer to peer.

I don't expect to ever hear Tucker/Fox entertain any thought of peer to peer solutions, or competition.
    Peer to peer terrorist activity, fear mongering, and more government? Sure, always lots of that crap.

Tucker's Thoughts: Google fired James Damore just because he expressed his alternate views on their diversity philosophy and practice. We once trusted Google not to be evil. But it can't be trusted to not distort the free flow of info #Tucker

F off Tucker. Using fear, outrage and ignorance to get the boiling frogs begging for more heat.

What are YOU doing to promote peer to peer, liberty solutions?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bunklocoempire again.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Peer to peer.
    I don't expect to ever hear Tucker/Fox entertain any thought of peer to peer solutions, or competition.

What are YOU doing to promote peer to peer, liberty solutions?
    What is WebTorrent?

WebTorrent is the first torrent client that works in the browser. YEP, THAT'S RIGHT. THE BROWSER.

It's written completely in JavaScript – the language of the web – and uses WebRTC for true peer-to-peer transport. No browser plugin, extension, or installation is required.

Using open web standards, WebTorrent connects website users together to form a distributed, decentralized browser-to-browser network for efficient file transfer.
    Why is this cool?

Imagine a video site like YouTube, where visitors help to host the site's content. The more people that use a WebTorrent-powered website, the faster and more resilient it becomes.

Browser-to-browser communication cuts out the middle-man and lets people communicate on their own terms. No more client/server – just a network of peers, all equal. WebTorrent is the first step in the journey to redecentralize the Web.

The way we code the Web will determine the way we live online. So we need to bake our values into our code. Freedom of expression needs to be baked into our code. Privacy should be baked into our code. Universal access to all knowledge. But right now, those values are not embedded in the Web.

— Brewster Kahle, Founder of the Internet Archive (from Locking the Web Open)

---------

Free Speech Social Network ‘Gab’ Threatened with Termination from Domain Provider
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/0...omain-service/

In an email, Asia Registry, an Australian company,
    claimed that the social network violated their “Abuse Policy” and “Australian federal and state anti-discrimination laws,
    which prohibit public vilification on the basis of race, religion, or ethnic origin.”

“This action from Asia Registry, just days after our lawsuit with Google was filed, is unprecedented.
    We have acted in good faith with Asia Registry and had no problems
    up until
    we raised our funding round
    and
    launched our lawsuit against Google,” he concluded.

“This exemplifies the need for a decentralized domain registrar solution.
    ICANN being handed off to the EU was the most devastating blow to the free and open internet of our generation.
    The Obama Administration and our Congress should be ashamed.
    This should be a big wakeup call for engineers to start building pro-free speech alternative technology infrastructure solutions.”

In August, domain service GoDaddy gave neo-Nazi site The Daily Stormer 24 hours to move to a different provider,
    prompting them to briefly move to Google,
    where the company then seized the website’s domain.

The website was also suspended from Cloudflare,
    a company that refused to crackdown on ISIS sites in 2015
    over censorship concerns,
    forcing The Daily Stormer to move to the dark web.

In a statement, Cloudflare CEO Matthew Prince claimed,
    “I woke up in a bad mood and decided someone shouldn’t be allowed on the internet,” admitting,”No one should have that power.”

Following the incident, both former Breitbart Senior Editor Milo Yiannopoulos and the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) condemned the censorship.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-19-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I wonder what percentage of internet traffic goes through Google.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    I wonder what percentage of internet traffic goes through Google.
    If I understand the Webtorrent concept correctly...
    imagine sites like a 'peoples' Search Engine that 'crawls the data cloud'
    powered by networked-browsers and not (corporate owned) servers.
    (Do I have this right?)
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-19-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    If I understand the Webtorrent concept correctly...
    imagine sites like a 'peoples' Search Engine that 'crawls the data cloud'
    powered by networked-browsers and not (corporate owned) servers.
    (Do I have this right?)
    That's how I understand it.

A copy of the info that I am searching for can be right next door, yet my info request has to go to the mainland to a central, resource-hogging server, and back again with the info requested, just to retrieve something I could've retrieved from next door? Ludicrous.

As a computer noob, WebTorrent is exactly how I thought the internet worked when I started going online in the 90's.
    Boy was I wrong. I sure am glad WebTorrent and the concept of freedom that comes with it is available today.

I find it telling that Google is all down for alternative energy to power itself, but a peer to peer alternative to move away from resource hogging central servers? -not so much. Not that I've found, anyway.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    How about quit letting Google bribe govt with Lobbyists first? If you dont get rid of the Lobbyists, then it doesnt matter if its Google or whatever follows Google.
    So we should disregard the constitutional privlege of being able to petition the government? That seems like a cure worse than the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    So we should disregard the constitutional privlege of being able to petition the government? That seems like a cure worse than the symptoms.
    This.

x1000
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    People should have Rights, not Corporations. Google is not acting like a person. And really, Google should be adhering itself to the Constitution, not manipulating lawmakers to bypass and circumvent existing protections so it can make more money at our expense.

Just my two cents.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

"Should the goonerment regulate..." -- NO!!!!!!!!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    People should have Rights, not Corporations. Google is not acting like a person. And really, Google should be adhering itself to the Constitution, not manipulating lawmakers to bypass and circumvent existing protections so it can make more money at our expense.

Just my two cents.
    Corporations are groups of people, they have just as many rights as the people in the group.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Corporations are groups of people, they have just as many rights as the people in the group.
    Can you put a corporation in jail? Can you deduct living expenses from your taxes like a corporation deducts business expenses? The whole problem is when people want to assign rights to groups, and then people try to fix that problem by giving groups rights. Individuals have rights.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Can you put a corporation in jail? Can you deduct living expenses from your taxes like a corporation deducts business expenses? The whole problem is when people want to assign rights to groups, and then people try to fix that problem by giving groups rights. Individuals have rights.
    Corporations are in need of reform, but preventing people from exercising their rights together as a group is not one of the needed reforms.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Corporations are in need of reform, but preventing people from exercising their rights together as a group is not one of the needed reforms.
    I don't care about preventing people from exercising their rights as a group. I care about one group of people running all of the presidential candidates we get to pick from and they all get financed from the same pocket through a shell company.

I don't care about preventing people from exercising their rights as a group. I care about one group of people running all of the presidential candidates we get to pick from and they all get financed from the same pocket through a shell company.
    One of the dangers we have to take with freedom.

It is possible to beat them because we still have our right to group speech, without it they will be the only voices heard in the smoke filled back rooms and in the "impartial" MSM.

The state of American politics is entirely the fault of the American voter.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The state of American politics is entirely the fault of the American voter.
    bull$#@!, voters don't get any say in the matter. Iraq? We voted two presidents in that was a mandate to get out of Iraq. WE don't have representation and you can't blame people for not wanting to suicide against the government. We play lip service to having free speech because we can bitch about $#@! on the internet but that's not stopping the starvation in the middle east, the creation of a new Israel.

bull$#@!, voters don't get any say in the matter. Iraq? We voted two presidents in that was a mandate to get out of Iraq. WE don't have representation and you can't blame people for not wanting to suicide against the government. We play lip service to having free speech because we can bitch about $#@! on the internet but that's not stopping the starvation in the middle east, the creation of a new Israel.
    Yeah, there were no better choices than W and Obummer, UH HUH! There was no Pat Buchanan or Ron Paul or any other 3rd party candidates

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah, there were no better choices than W and Obummer, UH HUH! There was no Pat Buchanan or Ron Paul or any other 3rd party candidates
    Well I think Ron Paul would of had a good chance in 2011 but Trump would of probably ran 3rd party like he said he would.

Well I think Ron Paul would of had a good chance in 2011 but Trump would of probably ran 3rd party like he said he would.
    None of that matters, the voters have had many superior choices to those they selected for decades and they are responsible for our current desperate straits.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

None of that matters, the voters have had many superior choices to those they selected for decades and they are responsible for our current desperate straits.
    Not really that many choices for liberty. Ron Paul made liberty popular again. They stole the election but they can't make us forget the ideas he taught us.

Answer: Eliminate barriers to competition.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast