Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Woolsey joins Donald Trumps team as senior adviser

James Woolsey joins Donald Trumps campaign team as senior adviser

If this has already been posted it can get merged but I didn't see it.

by MATTHEW BOYLE12 Sep 2016NEW YORK CITY, New York

NEW YORK — Former President Bill Clinton’s one-time CIA director James Woolsey is officially working for the Donald Trump campaign as senior adviser, coming out against his old boss’s wife, Democratic nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton.
    “I have been a ‘Scoop Jackson,’ ‘Joe Lieberman,’ Democrat all of my adult life, but I am pleased to be asked to participate with others I respect in advising GOP candidate Donald J. Trump on the urgent need to reinvest in and modernize our military in order to confront the challenges of the 21st century,” Woolsey said in a statement released by the Trump campaign.

“Trump’s commitment to reversing the harmful defense budget cuts signed into law by the current administration, while acknowledging the need for debt reduction, is an essential step toward reinstating the United States’ primacy in the conventional and digital battlespace.”

Woolsey, who served as Bill Clinton’s first CIA director from 1993 to 1995, says that as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, “demonstrated a complete lack of understanding and an inability to lead the agency she headed in such a way as to maintain its mission and security.”

“Based on the emails thus far released we know that Secretary Clinton also lacks the ability to lead her senior managers while complying with and maintaining the basic protocols designed to protect our government’s sensitive and classified information,” Woolsey said. “Trump understands the magnitude of the threats we face and is holding his cards close to the vest.”

Woolsey also appeared on CNN to push his decision to advise the Trump campaign against his old bosses.

He tells the network Trump and his campaign “got in touch last Friday and he and I met briefly and I agreed to advise him on, I’m sure, principally if not exclusively national security such as matters of intelligence, maybe some aspects of energy.”

continued...http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...enior-adviser/
    Last edited by Origanalist; 11-15-2016 at 01:27 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good Lord, this dude is like the archetypical pro-war pro-Iraq neocon. And the hits just keep on coming.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Good Lord, this dude is like the archetypical pro-war pro-Iraq neocon. And the hits just keep on coming.
    Drain the swamp and pump the $#@! right back in.

This is a disappointing addition. No harm done though as long Trump doesn't heed his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    This is a disappointing addition. No harm done though as long Trump doesn't heed his advice.
    What the hell does that mean? If he didn't want his advise why is he bringing him in? I swear, some people here are incredible in the things they post.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What the hell does that mean? If he didn't want his advise why is he bringing him in? I swear, some people here are incredible in the things they post.
    You haven't been around much, have you? It's always good to give the other side a ceremonial place at the table to appease them, and make them think you value their input. Is that what's happening here? I don't know, but it very well could be.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You haven't been around much, have you? It's always good to give the other side a ceremonial place at the table to appease them, and make them think you value their input. Is that what's happening here? I don't know, but it very well could be.
    I could buy that. I don't, but I could. What does it mean when they have every seat at the table?

Just the beginning of the process of discovering that trump is just a giant cuck.

Nice try, I've been around damn near 6 decades now. He's surrounding himself with the very people he said he wanted to get rid of and all your dancing around isn't going to change that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    I could buy that. I don't, but I could. What does it mean when they have every seat at the table?
    We have to see what happens. So far they have two seats, and people are saying that Bannon is over Priebus.

Really! You don't hire an advisor if you don't plan on taking his advise.

Banned

Blog Entries
    We're $#@!ed, unless.....

(this is old news, he was advising on the campaign)
    Last edited by UWDude; 11-14-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    They pried him outta the Crypt . Anti war protester in the late 60's , Lawyer , Under Sec of the Navy , CIA Director . Hawkish and a social liberal , McCain's foreign policy advisor for that presidential run , likes Lieberman .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    We're $#@!ed, unless.....

(this is old news, he was advising on the campaign)
    Yeah, I don't know if he's staying on or not. I haven't seen anything. I certainly hope not. If he does, I hope he gets frustrated after a couple years, that Trump never takes his advice, and resigns.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I don't know if he's staying on or not. I haven't seen anything. I certainly hope not. If he does, I hope he gets frustrated after a couple years, that Trump never takes his advice, and resigns.
    Reality is, Trump is going to have to work with the CIA, he is going to work with the NSA and Homeland Security. There is not going to be an abolishing of these departments.

Reality is, Trump is going to have to work with the CIA, he is going to work with the NSA and Homeland Security. There is not going to be an abolishing of these departments.
    I think that's probably the understatement of the year.

Yeah, well he better put someone the opposite of James Woolsey in charge of them. If he doesn't put allies in these groups to clean house, they will make sure he ends up dead. If they don't get to him beforehand.

It is OK to abolish them .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yes, that would save a lot of money.

Ideally, you turn them around and use them against the establishment to destroy it, and then abolish them.

Uhh do you know how stupid that sounds???

"Trump hired a horrible advisor but it's cool cause trump won't listen him??" He hired him for the specific reason of heeding his advice
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

"Trump hired a horrible advisor but it's cool cause trump won't listen him??" He hired him for the specific reason of heeding his advice
    Do you know how naive you sound? Trump is a businessman, and this is the way it works in business as well as politics. If you need cooperation from one group, you give them a voice, but you don't have to listen to them. Make them think you are, and by the time they realize you are just using them, you have already gotten what you wanted, and they walk away frustrated and disappointed.
    Last edited by misterx; 11-14-2016 at 11:41 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Do you have any idea what would happen to Ron Paul if he tried if he were president?
    Yes, that would save a lot of money.
    It will NEVER happen. NEVER. Stop living in a fantasy world.

Campaign advisor. CIA probably thinks they have a mole on Trump.

Do you know how naive you sound? Trump is a businessman, and this is the way it works in business as well as politics. If you need cooperation from one group, you give them a voice, but you don't have to listen to them. Make them think you are, and by the time they realize you are just using them, you have already gotten what you wanted, and they walk away frustrated and disappointed.

Wow we got a real master of cognitive dissonance here. Thanks for the business lesson
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Wow we got a real master of cognitive dissonance here. Thanks for the business lesson
    You don't know anything about the real world. Go to bed, kid.

[QUOTE=UWDude;6361217]Do you have any idea what would happen to Ron Paul if he tried if he were president?

It will NEVER happen. NEVER. Stop living in a fantasy world.

This guy has been a snitch his whole life . You do not think he was a sincere anti war protester in 1968 and was then General Counsel to the Senate committee of Armed Forces in 1970 ?
    Do something Danke

You don't know anything about the real world. Go to bed, kid.
    K thanks. Have fun slowly realizing trump is not what you projected all your hopes and dreams onto. I don't imagine that will be fun.

K thanks. Have fun slowly realizing trump is not what you projected all your hopes and dreams onto. I don't imagine that will be fun.
    I'm not saying he is or isn't. Only time will tell. One person on his advisory staff, to help him get elected, doesn't mean anything. I don't what Trump is thinking, but I can tell you what I'd be thinking in his shoes. I can take this guy on as an advisor, tell him that he's going to be Secretary of Defense or something, use him to appear more "sensible" to the mainstream, get his people to support me, get an understanding from him of what I can say that will make the establishment happy, and then give him absolutely nothing once I'm President.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast